• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not really because you have zero bearing on your own human fallibility and rose-goggle yourself into martyrdom and sainthood at literally every opportunity, so it's going to be a pretty shoddy analysis that was going to have every reason for bias in the first place (as a self-meta defence against callouts in THIS GAME).

Replace out or don't. Stop playing hokeypokey based on whether you feel like owning up to your play at a given moment.
Oh and you're still scummy. Deal with it.
Zing !

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Werekill said:
And so on. The problem is extremely worsened when you have a "leader" like Gorf in U'Trickd who everyone goes along with without providing much reasoning. His reasons might be faulty, but once a wagon gets going, you might as well get ready to die.
But I was right and had right reason...?

Kantrip

Kantplay
vote: Jim Morrison

inb4 EE votes me.
Please don't. This time I think I'm the cop, so I'll be town then regardless AND no need to doubt me if I'm supertown like in F+L. Win/win, isn't it?

So Jim, who do you deem to be disposable in this player-list?
Kantrip, what's the main scum tell you will be looking for this game? Please don't answer this.
Werekill, please don't play the noob cards. That makes you hard to read and that's a drag for the entire game and I will lynch you for it.

@Washed:
How good is JTB?

Glyph will you host another aGame for me? :(
Okay, so: I don't particularly understand what you're getting at with your RVS play since it's all over the board, but you're immediately telling me not to answer a question while you ask it? I wouldn't really have an answer anyways, since I don't look for scum tells. I just happen to find them, or at least that's the idea.

Kantrip, what do you think about Jim's reactions up 'til this post?

You think you're the cop? Can you elaborate?
Or is this D1 fake shenanigans and it's going right over my head?

No one. There's a lot of good players in this set-up. The only ones who I'm not familiar with are Werekill and Soup. The rest I deem good enough to not be disposable.
Xonar, can you tell about Soup and Werekill and what I can expect?

Vote: Jim Morrison

This is how much I hate anime
It's pretty clear by this post that Jim is confused as to whether or not Xonar is being legit. If his reactions are faked, then, they are faked quite well.

Hey Zonie, if you think I'm scum, how about you present your case BEFORE getting people to vote me?
It would make me happy.
Again, Jim Morrison believes that Xonar could actually have a case against him. This is a really bad post, and it is definitely the defensive reaction upon receiving pressure. It's either anti-town defensiveness such as how I react to pressure, or it is paranoid scum behaviour.

If I had to bank on one at the moment, it would be cornered and confused town. I'm interested to see if his behaviour changes as I continue reading, however.

As for you, Xonar: I think you lack direction in RVS from what I can see. Unless you actually have a method going on here, your ragtag of pressure reads in the below null section for me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So I'm thoroughly expecting this to be bad Soup rather than good Soup. I mean, c'mon, Marshy wasn't even in TTGL.
You don't remember in RVS where we quick-wagoned marshy as a joke? Damn shame.
I don't think I've ever agreed with Soup. This is monumental. Damn shame indeed.

Also, I've found nothing worth looking at so far.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay, so: I don't particularly understand what you're getting at with your RVS play since it's all over the board, but you're immediately telling me not to answer a question while you ask it? I wouldn't really have an answer anyways, since I don't look for scum tells. I just happen to find them, or at least that's the idea.

As for you, Xonar: I think you lack direction in RVS from what I can see. Unless you actually have a method going on here, your ragtag of pressure reads in the below null section for me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
X is the variable for alignment, Y is the variable for action you would or wouldn't commit as that alignment. I see people cite what they would or wouldn't do as scum or town all the ****ing time and I hate it because there's no damn proof for it. You could just as easily be lying as you could be telling the truth and I ****ing hate red herrings.
I agree, unless it's me doing it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Aight, bottom of page 2. Laundry, update me. Can Jim and Zoner be on the same scum team? Does the thing they're doing here ever head anywhere?

At the moment, we have that cross vote as the biggest thing I can point out, but they're both pretty ****ty reasons for voting someone and, while I would probably be on one for a little while had I been here, I wouldn't be caught dead on either for the reasoning provided.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll bite on the meta though, i've played about 3 now, once in F&L, once in Utrick'd2, and once in G3S.

His play doesn't really have a meta, Xonar's an all-around good player and he's hard to pin, I think if I were to even rely on meta about it, I would get smoked. I'm more concerned about his play right now then of yesterday, to say.
Soup, you really have a faulty grasp on how to apply meta to a game that includes intelligent players.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It doesn't really head anywhere. It kinda just...dies after Werekill enters the thread, and while I think that Bronar's got Doors on his scumdar, he's just got to the point of taking jabs at him here and there rather. We'll see how he responds to Doors' stuff tomorrow, but he just left it alone.

So I guess I can see a possible scum connection there but I don't think it's strong enough to have any sort of weight to it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xonar, I can honestly say that I have idea what the hell you're doing. I'm going to reread your stuff, but still.

Here's one question: why did you specifically feel the need to pull up the fact that I have "pulled the noob card" before? I haven't even posted in this damn game yet, and yet you felt the need to say that if I do it, you'll lynch me.

Which implies that you think it's likely that I'll do it. What's your angle here? Are you trying to go ahead and set me up as a quick ML in case I act in a way that you think I'll do? I don't like being set up from the very beginning to fall, and I'd appreciate clarification.

Pro-tip. Treating **** like this like a personal affront is a damn good way to make people assume you're scared of someone digging because you've got bodies buried in the vicinity.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So I guess I can see a possible scum connection there but I don't think it's strong enough to have any sort of weight to it.
So, no, it didn't develop into a situation where SvS is no longer possible. I can dig it.

I can instantly see why it would get overrun if the thread becomes full of posts like Werekill's first.

So, it gets dropped, Xonar, what's crack-a-lating? Jim read, out with it. Actual reasoning being supplied would be awesome because the **** you've thrown out from the point I've read is sub-par.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aight, bottom of page 2. Laundry, update me. Can Jim and Zoner be on the same scum team?[/vb] Does the thing they're doing here ever head anywhere?

At the moment, we have that cross vote as the biggest thing I can point out, but they're both pretty ****ty reasons for voting someone and, while I would probably be on one for a little while had I been here, I wouldn't be caught dead on either for the reasoning provided.

So yeah I'm answering for Washed again because it piqued my interest.

I don't think Xonar and JM could be a team, considering Xonar knows this isn't the average player-list and if one of them flipped scum people wouldn't instantly assume one of them is town. He'd have to be damn near confident he could get away with it, or have a really backed up 3rd member in there somewhere.

Can it TvS? Maybe. Right now I like Xonar for the most part, even if what he did was abrasive.

@JM You said you had Werekill as Lean town after his spew or something?

He didn't really do much, and he still holds warrant to being scum for me, scum replace out too.

What do you think aside from that?

Also I'm gonna get to you about your other question real soon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Whoever was asking me about how I felt about Morrison's defensiveness, I don't really care about Morrison. I think his reaction was somewhat apt for his skill level. It's thoroughly different from how Werekill reacted, and Werekill's is a lot grimier to me.
Give this man a cookie.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright I feel better about Xonar again reading more. He dropped the pointless stuff but kept up the pressure.

I like the Werekill pressure. The way he came into the game reminds me of the disgusting AtE and defensiveness in UTrick'd2. His pressure was warranted, and I think he was a lot more grimy than Jim Morrison.

#HBC | ѕoup

JM, I thought about it and i'm going to keep my read on gorf to myself, i'm not ready to call him out and it was merely on hindsight and how he was acting, if you really need me to elaborate on it, I can, but i'd rather not.

Agree with Washed that Ryker is town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So yeah I'm answering for Washed again because it piqued my interest.
That's cool. Just always let others answer first because I was much more concerned with reading Washed than you, although I'm not really scared he'll be sheeping you.

I don't think Xonar and JM could be a team, considering Xonar knows this isn't the average player-list and if one of them flipped scum people wouldn't instantly assume one of them is town. He'd have to be damn near confident he could get away with it, or have a really backed up 3rd member in there somewhere.
Really? Was he really that committed to it so as to take a lynch on Jim? That's not what I read. Where's the risk, that wagon had plenty of stops for people to get off and it's apparently not a big deal anymore, so where did the conviction that you're selling me on go?

Can it TvS? Maybe. Right now I like Xonar for the most part, even if what he did was abrasive.
It's this right here that scares me about Xonar. I find that he's started a discussion and that's about all he's accomplished. I'm reading him incredibly null at the moment and the fact that people like you readily give him a town read, quite frankly, scares white off my ***.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Just the "He didn't say town, he said his side, obviously not town!" thing. This sentence insinuates that he doesn't want partners in general. I don't get mafia, but I get plenty of indy vibes from a statement like that.

Now that I'm caught up, I'll steal Soup's words: Morrison's playing like a deer in the headlights. I just don't know if such a reaction's baseless or not. I think it's overly-reactionary to walk in here and freak out at someone voting you because he's "like a cop" or he "thinks he's the cop" but at the same time, I don't know if it's beyond Morrison's skill level to react differently. The thing that's particularly telling is that he's not angry, which is usually a reaction to such events. I just don't see the scumslip and it's too early to see thoroughly scum intent. Just a lot of badtown play.

I could be wrong, and this isn't me saying I like Jim or think he deserves a pass. This is just me saying I don't see it--yet.
+: I see WashedLaundry assessing things and actually processing them. This post showcases it, as well as how he was constantly contemplating his stance on Jim Morrison in general.

@Laundry

Yea when I read these I thought they were a lot more, like, "Guys seriously this is a gambit why are you still buying into it..." and not, "Yo I don't necessarily get why you're doing this shiz?" Former was my original thought, but now that I look it over I see it's obv the latter.

Unvote

As far as the Werekill scenario goes, I still don't like the scummy things about what she did. Everything previously stated, well, happened regardless of emotions being in effect. The whole quitting thing, nah that's null idgaf about that, we'll have Stew to read and see how he fills his slot. But I'm still finding that slot pre' scummy just from the survivalistic and overly defensive take that Werekill had on it.

Xonar seems town to me for now, he's made his intentions with his posts pretty clear to me, and I can dig getting us out of RVS. Laundry's just one of those guys I don't see as scum almost ever (G3S lol) in D1, and this game is the same. Good content flow, good scumhunting. Swell guy. EE's cool, Soup's pretty cool too. Jim Morisson I don't really have a HUGE ISSUE with, but I don't like the... indifferent tone he's taking on the game. Like when EE had to force an opinion out of em as far as Xonar's shiz or something like that, when he voted Xonar. He's done a fair amount of beating around the bush when it comes to taking a stance... Hey you can call em null leaning scum, but I'd rather observe than pressure em for now, if that makes sense (and then he's gonna ask me about my read or explain or something and then I'll end up pressuring :glare:). Nobody else has posted/made a lasting opinion on me.

So hey guys, how ya doin?
-: I don't like this post because Gorf is really just laying back and avoiding stepping on any toes from what I can see. It's a really minor thing though, but it was a post that seemed awkward to me nonetheless.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You walked in here and got thoroughly defensive over an off-the-cuff comment and a hypothetical. You can chalk it up to asking for clarification, but there's a difference between that and what you're doing right now.
Don't forget the popular hop-on to the Jim push without actually putting a vote out there. Safe is safe.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sorry, sorry. I'm a little agitated at the moment at something else, so I apologize for calling you an ***.

Can we agree on something? Can we agree that you won't pull the "he's pulling the card!" stuff on really simple stuff? I'm just worried about that, and I'd rather hear you agree to not do that before I move on from this.
AtE.

Still hyper defensive.

Don't let me finish posting without covering my analysis of Werekill's character as well because it's relevant to actually reading him.

#HBC | ѕoup

That's cool. Just always let others answer first because I was much more concerned with reading Washed than you, although I'm not really scared he'll be sheeping you.

Really? Was he really that committed to it so as to take a lynch on Jim? That's not what I read. Where's the risk, that wagon had plenty of stops for people to get off and it's apparently not a big deal anymore, so where did the conviction that you're selling me on go?

It's this right here that scares me about Xonar. I find that he's started a discussion and that's about all he's accomplished. I'm reading him incredibly null at the moment and the fact that people like you readily give him a town read, quite frankly, scares white off my ***.
You make a good point, actually. I thought the whole thing had a huge amount of puff for a couple of posts, but as a lot of people have already said, it died out on his own. There is a possibility of partnership, and if we're feeding this, what do you think about JM suddenly getting defensive with Xonar? I think it was around that time where Xonar was backing off a bit, or perhaps Werekill caused so much of a disturbance that Xonar basically had no choice to pursue it anymore.

I want to hear both of them talk about their interaction.

Warranted null read, but i'll keep mine for now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
JM, I thought about it and i'm going to keep my read on gorf to myself, i'm not ready to call him out and it was merely on hindsight and how he was acting, if you really need me to elaborate on it, I can, but i'd rather not.

Agree with Washed that Ryker is town.
I'm not worried about your Gorf read at the moment, but I want you to tell me why you think Ryker is town so soon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, hi, I was agitated at something else, as already stated. Besides that, I have done this before, if I remember right. I just don't like people making statements about me before I'm even posting in here.
Self-meta. What a lovely garden of weeds this guy is turning out to be.

No, I wanting to specifically address his point about me and a noob card. Is that a problem, really?
Yes.

Playstyle. I'm not big on voting people for the smallest of things, especially early in the game.
Self-meta. Still doesn't hold up. There's no reason not to vote from a town perspective other than being a bad player. That's the distinction that has to be made. So, you want to pull that noob card, bro?

#HBC | ѕoup

I love hate doing this but:
Why are you concerned about my read on Ryker so early? What about your read on Ryker yourself.

inb4 null

#HBC | Gorf

Kantrip said:
-: I don't like this post because Gorf is really just laying back and avoiding stepping on any toes from what I can see. It's a really minor thing though, but it was a post that seemed awkward to me nonetheless.
No that's actually not the case. The only two players right now that make me think they may be scummy are the Werekill slot and the Doors slot, and I explained in pre' good detail why they are. I'm kinda drowsy if that plays a part in anything, but either way I didn't even read that as not stepping on toes... Actually what about it, would you say, was laid back?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm concerned about your read on Ryker so early because you just agreed with WashedLaundry's assessment and I am curious if you actually had a reason for doing so. Do you expect me to answer something other than null?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You make a good point, actually. I thought the whole thing had a huge amount of puff for a couple of posts, but as a lot of people have already said, it died out on his own. There is a possibility of partnership, and if we're feeding this, what do you think about JM suddenly getting defensive with Xonar? I think it was around that time where Xonar was backing off a bit, or perhaps Werekill caused so much of a disturbance that Xonar basically had no choice to pursue it anymore.

I want to hear both of them talk about their interaction.

Warranted null read, but i'll keep mine for now.
I am not making any statements pertaining to the alignment of one based on the flip of another given the information I've come across thus far. I don't think either warrant a lynch toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No that's actually not the case. The only two players right now that make me think they may be scummy are the Werekill slot and the Doors slot, and I explained in pre' good detail why they are. I'm kinda drowsy if that plays a part in anything, but either way I didn't even read that as not stepping on toes... Actually what about it, would you say, was laid back?
Maybe it was your demeanor or your word choice in general. I don't know, it's just a vibe I got off of you saying things like "____ is cool, ______ is pretty cool, ____ is alright, _____ is I don't know, I guess you could say null leaning scummy".

It's nothing I'll be focusing on any more than I have. I'm even more fine now anyways since you're clarifying for me that you find Werekill and Doors' slots scummy. I wasn't getting that from your initial post, so yeah there are hard stances now which was my main concern.

#HBC | Gorf

Kantrip said:
@Gorf: Elaborate on your EE read, please.
When I say he's cool, it's the fact that a.) I don't see anything scummy from em, and b.) I like the initiative that he's taking with scumhunting. Hold up going to mickey D's.

#HBC | ѕoup

We have a smart player-list here, let's use our minds together now.

Gorf, get at the latest discussion regarding JM and Xonar, and tell me what you think.

@Kantrip
It's a feeeeeel. No, really, that's about it. I definetely won't be giving death threats to Ryker anytime soon, and everything he's done far has been fairly productive. I did not, but I assumed you wanted my read on Ryker implied you want to stem it off your own, or you were curious as how I agreed to WL, much as I suspected.

@Ryker
Sounds like a fair deal, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to use what he have already to get some reads going.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Soup it was seeing how you justified it because I don't get the agreeing with WL. If it's just a feel that's fine I guess but don't tunnel on that.

I like open Soup better than the Soup that was in Awkward Moments, by the way.

Top Bottom