• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was trying to get Xonar to clarify his intent. If he had done that from the beginning instead of being a jerk and disregarding my post like it was nothing (which, as every game I've been in shows, is something I HATE), then this whole thing would have been over by now.

And yeah, I'm making it a priority for now because, you know, I'm at L-3. As previously stated, I'm still reading up and trying to figure out my opinions anyway.
Oh. My. God.

GROW UP!

This is a game where people incite anger in order to get you to ****ing respond like a ****ing *******.

I do not know if he is scum right now. He is a ******* and if IQ was done with an absolute value, then his would be incredible. As it stands, it's unbelievable for other reasons.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Just wait until you get to his replace-out post and then his view of mafia.

@Kantplay: Your posts insinuate you have problems with my townRyker read but you haven't said a word to me. Why don't you view Ryker as town?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh. My. God.

GROW UP!

This is a game where people incite anger in order to get you to ****ing respond like a ****ing *******.

I do not know if he is scum right now. He is a ******* and if IQ was done with an absolute value, then his would be incredible. As it stands, it's unbelievable for other reasons.
I think I see what you did there.

|-999|

?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
/requesting replacement.

Yes, I was scum in U'Trickd. I also was very emotional in every single game before this, and guess what? U'trickd was my first scum game.

That's not why I'm requesting a replacement, though. I've just decided that I hate mafia in general. I'll type up why soon, but I'm quitting the game in general.
Bye.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. This is a game where people are extremely unlikely to side with you when you are offended which seems to be an automated reaction to someone mentioning your nature in a negative light. That's kind of bad in a game where people are trying to discern your alignment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Just wait until you get to his replace-out post and then his view of mafia.

@Kantplay: Your posts insinuate you have problems with my townRyker read but you haven't said a word to me. Why don't you view Ryker as town?
I was more interested in Soup's opinion since he just agreed with you. You said it first and so I felt like you had at least a purpose with saying it that I didn't need to interfere with.

I'm just going to be cautious reading people in this game, and when I think I have something I'm going to NOT tunnel it. So I'm still formulating a read pretty much. I can say I don't have a problem with anything he's said, but it's so easy for him to play the same way as scum that I'm not going to toss him a town lifesaver yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
EBWOP: The above post is null and void if he doesn't stay, but I have some spoilers suggesting he does from the latest posts.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Ryker: That question from Jim almost reads as rhetorical, if you know what I mean. Like, he wasn't actually asking it for people to answer it but more as just to be seen contemplating the scenario. To be honest I'd have to say it disconnects the two of them. It's a bad question.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Ryker's open question
General deer in headlights reaction for me. I don't get why he needed to externally blog something, when he coulda just made his stance clear or not say anything at all. I feel that same way about a lot of JM's play as of late, a lot of things that coulda been kept to himself but are said anyways.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude Soup is town, really.

Pressure on him isn't cool anymore, it's done. We'll wait for more players and Werekill's replacement.

Lynching Werekill is good already, it gets me some solid connections/reads on basically everyone here.
Xonar hadn't really said anything I disagree with until that last sentence. There reasons for wanting to lynch Werekill's replacement are severely mitigated because you have to take into account that he's probably a little ***** with no ulterior motive than just being a little *****.

#HBC | ѕoup

Explain why you liked EE at this point because it's not shaking out yet.
Feels everywhere, Ryker. Just a general good feeling about EE up until that point, agreed with his jump on Werekill and agreed with his sentiments. I'll see how he follows up on his questions later.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, none of it is about being personal or anything like that.
Working hard on dying. Prepared to lynch after that sentence. If it's not him being a little ***** then there's no other plausible explanation for Werekill town to act in that manner that I can think of.

I simply realized that Mafia is a game about competitively shouting down everyone based on completely "feeling" based impressions. It's also about being a **** when people don't agree with you.
I don't think any human being could possibly come to this assumption if you take for granted an understanding of the game. He has completed multiple games, so.....

Look at this situation for example. If Xonar hadn't have blown off my post, then I wouldn't be in this situation. I would have moved on, and everything would have been cool.

Is that the problem, though? No. I just dislike the fact that arguing in mafia is like bashing my head against the wall.

"YOU'RE DOING THIS, AND IT'S SCUMMY!"

"But it isn't scummy, as shown by (reasonable arguement here)"

"I DON'T CARE IT'S SCUMMY!"

"But it isn't scummy, as shown by (another rebuttal)"

"I DON'T CARE IT'S SCUMMY!"

And so on. The problem is extremely worsened when you have a "leader" like Gorf in U'Trickd who everyone goes along with without providing much reasoning. His reasons might be faulty, but once a wagon gets going, you might as well get ready to die.

Besides all that, I'm just tired of mafia in general. It gets me all worked up over nothing, and there's no real reasoning behind anyone's actions until a cop reveals results. Until then, all it is is gut feelings, and if you don't have the same feelings that everyone else does, you're screwed.

So yeah. I just don't think mafia is the game for me. If other people like it, that's fine. I mean, I HAVE had a couple good games, but it isn't worth it.

Edit: Oh, and throw in all the insults that are constantly slung at you.

Oh, and I also HATE how people disregard posts entirely if it doesn't agree with them.
This is all AtE and utter lies.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Eh, I disregarded it. I don't think there's a lot that can be read into it.

What do you make of it, sir?
Me, right?

Didn't like it. Didn't like it at all. Doesn't read as sincere bewilderment. Werekill scum flip would make me look at it again.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Right, if you think so. It's all a matter of opinion, but mafia is quite simply just the wrong game for me.

Sorry for replacing out, guys.
Except, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of you being wrong.

If you're replacing out, stop talking. You're making life worse for your replacement which isn't cool for them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Werekill is being genuine here (I really hope so), so I'm not going to stick with me thinking that he's scum replacing out.
This doesn't take away that Werekill initially got on the defense while no one was even remotely looking at him. That is still telling for his slot.
I like the way this effectively gives NO STANCE.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Soup, I said at the time of the post. EE hadn't elaborated on Werekill at all. Can you be more solid with the origin of this "feel?"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'd like to hold back until more newcomers post, but I will say that I think there is a damn strong chance of Werekill being scum and would love to illustrate why with my little Pocketbook of Stupid Werekill Moments. It's ready to launch whenever this town can handle the muscles.
Please, by all means go ahead. I'll hold out on talking about it until after you. I'd much rather see your take on WK before mine.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Ryker
#99-#104 Is a solid base of my EE liking, the rest is just small time. Like I said, he had a good push on Werekill.

I wanna see his huge case on him too.

Damn, so many things I want right now.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Soup said:
We have a smart player-list here, let's use our minds together now.
Yes sir.

Soup said:
Gorf, get at the latest discussion regarding JM and Xonar, and tell me what you think.
Honestly there's a reasonable argument for all of TvT, TvS, or SvS at the moment. Out of the three I'd probz see it as TvS. I have Xonar as null leaning town out of that, mostly cuz I can see his intent for using this as both a stepping stool out of RVS AND a way to get us some sweet connections and shiz to read back on later in the game. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Xonar has minimal, if not, zero experience with Doors in game. So I can much more easily see townXonar try'na get a feel for a player he's unfamiliar with rather than scumXonar try'na hope he slips up in the debacle. And I've already explained my feel for Doors, and my reasoning for finding em scummy, and that all applies here and why I'd feel em as scum and for this interaction to be TvS. But ultimately I'd rather play it out and see more interaction with em, not necessarily concerning this, before making a judgement call.

#HBC | Gorf

@Soup @Laundry how are you taking Ryker's reactions to, well, just about any post of his talking about Werekill?

#HBC | ѕoup

Need to sleep, too interested in this game. **** everything.

I might ditch but I might get to a couple of more questions, so don't be afraid to leave them.

Don't expect me to be back until tommorow afternoon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@EE and Mod: Actually, if I had not had to eat then leave for band practice, you would have seen that I was going to talk about my interactions with Circus in Bebop and use that to talk about my dislike of the mechanics of mafia. No this game discussion was going to happen.

Would you be ok with me talking to you, ee, if I use that?

Edit: just making sure it's clear that no rules were broken.
THAT'S STILL MAJORLY RELATED TO THIS GAME!

You would be putting forth WIFOM that you replaced out because you truly were a townie and truly do hate the game instead of you being a little ***** and replacing out as scum in hot water. Only your flip can tell.

@Anyone - Did Werekill threaten to replace in UTrick'd? I think someone did, but I don't know who.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xonar seems town to me for now, he's made his intentions with his posts pretty clear to me, and I can dig getting us out of RVS. Laundry's just one of those guys I don't see as scum almost ever (G3S lol) in D1, and this game is the same. Good content flow, good scumhunting. Swell guy. EE's cool, Soup's pretty cool too. Jim Morisson I don't really have a HUGE ISSUE with, but I don't like the... indifferent tone he's taking on the game. Like when EE had to force an opinion out of em as far as Xonar's shiz or something like that, when he voted Xonar. He's done a fair amount of beating around the bush when it comes to taking a stance... Hey you can call em null leaning scum, but I'd rather observe than pressure em for now, if that makes sense (and then he's gonna ask me about my read or explain or something and then I'll end up pressuring :glare:). Nobody else has posted/made a lasting opinion on me.

So hey guys, how ya doin?
So yeah, explanation on those feel good reads on Xonar and EE.

Just like with Soup, I feel they're unmerited.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Gorf
Good post and good input regarding Xonar, made me think about it that way too, and I didn't know Xonar had no experience with JM.

Dunno, seems like general Ryker, telling everyone to go to hell and dramatizing his reads. I think him drilling the AtE point has some legitimacy in it's own, but of course I can see myself agreeing to it as genuine. Personally, I didn't really care for it and his replacement rage didn't do anything for me, so for that sake I would agree with Ryker that's it just a huge spew of AtE, game-wise.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That tears it.

Vote Werekill

I want to see the flip. A Werekill scum flip makes me feel good about a lot of things that would cause me to look funny at a few people (EE mainly). Werekill town makes me feel better about Jim.

#HBC | Gorf

Soup said:
Good post and good input regarding Xonar, made me think about it that way too, and I didn't know Xonar had no experience with JM.
Read: Xonar's rating crap. Just an assumption but that, and the fact that I don't remember seeing any games with em both, leads me to it.

Soup said:
Dunno, seems like general Ryker, telling everyone to go to hell and dramatizing his reads. I think him drilling the AtE point has some legitimacy in it's own, but of course I can see myself agreeing to it as genuine. Personally, I didn't really care for it and his replacement rage didn't do anything for me, so for that sake I would agree with Ryker that's it just a huge spew of AtE, game-wise.
No, I mean past that. What are you feeling about how he's scrutinizing just about every single post Werekill is making?

Top Bottom