• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well it couldn't head anywhere because Werekill paraded in. The plan was to keep the pressure up 'til I had a solid read, instead of "dumb or scum". And you are 100% correct when I'm at the point of taking jabs at him. I'll be getting him as actively involved as I can and will go back to that once I'm caught up. This guy is my weak spot this game and I'm not letting him do that.
That's pretty much the conclusion I drew from the direction it went.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So, I'm thinking of vigging Gorf tonight as you can tell from my above post. Is that the right call or should I point the gun at someone else? If so, then who and why?
No, I'm not convinced at all that shooting Gorf at this point would be a good idea, since my read on him is nowhere strong enough to want to lynch him.
I wouldn't mind you shooting an inactive, because I despise inactives.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dislike me but you didn't disagree with anything I said except a sentence or two? Wat.
All it takes, babe. I'm going to keep your name being tossed around until I'm given reason to do otherwise. Just a couple sentences for you is worth a lot more than just a couple sentences from Soup.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, I'm not convinced at all that shooting Gorf at this point would be a good idea, since my read on him is nowhere strong enough to want to lynch him.
I wouldn't mind you shooting an inactive, because I despise inactives.
I'm gonna shoot something that is gonna give me more than just their flip, that's a simple fact. Where do I point the gun and why?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If you want more than just a flip, your best bet would be shooting one of the players that have been in the spotlight today; me, Xonar or Werekill. Since I feel a living Xonar would give us more information than his flip, and I don't want to shoot myself, you could point the gun at Werekill.

Gorf wouldn't be my first pick. Why is he your first pick to vig?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
All it takes, babe. I'm going to keep your name being tossed around until I'm given reason to do otherwise. Just a couple sentences for you is worth a lot more than just a couple sentences from Soup.
I see this as a compliment. Thanks Rykah <3

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm not the best at reading Ryker and The Pimp is pretty good at reading Ryker. My read hints in the same direction so I figured why not.
If you have a read that leads into the same direction, that's fine, but blindly following WL's read isn't. He could just as easily steer you in the wrong direction if he were scum.

Besides, you'll never get good at it if you don't read him yourself ;)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Werekill earned himself some rumbles and thus pressure early, but he's truly deteriorated, and not just in a null whiny ***** kind of way. I feel that he is scrumbling, and in a bad way. The big kicker for me here is having played an incredibly agonizing and length game with him as TvT, where I read him correctly and thus can see distinctions in the way he throws around his emo bull****. Neon ****ing distinctions.
Yeah, I feel he's scrumbling as well. More on that when I get past the mountain of AtE.

The amount of complaining about Werekill's play in UTrick'd takes away any credibility that the AtE is "something he wouldn't do as scum." But yeah, given that these neon ****ing distinctions are a thing, can you share them? I've semi-followed UTrick'd and both Laundry and Gorf were in it for a loooooong time. They've seen the scum side of the coin, so let me see the difference because I was going to throw out the entire pile of **** and deal with what he's done and why it reads scum instead of town. Interesting that it's apparently a major point in your line of reasoning.

I've got him lined up to lynch for a couple of things:

The way he reacted to an off-hand mention of his name shows a hyper defensiveness that isn't scummy, just a trait of a bad player. However, the crazy amount of focus behind it and the way he doesn't acknowledge much outside of that to begin with makes me think that he was reading the game for his name instead of searching for scum. His primary focus was on survival. Hell, his secondary focus was probably on survival as well.

The way he tried to set himself up to play the noob card later was just astounding to me as well. "Hey Xonar, we're cool. Just, if it looks like I'm trying to play dumb, don't lynch me. K?" Gross.

Last, the FoS on Jim was absolutely horrid. He's looking for an outlet to change the subject because that's what Werekill does when he's called out. However, he puts no vote behind it. He stays so safe which goes back to the original theme. He's more worried about living than anything else.

I like Jim in the event of a Werekill scum flip. Don't think he has the balls to push a scummate even in an offhand way. If it were an arranged move with multiple minds behind it, there would've been a vote instead of just that sissy ****.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So, Jim, I like your read list. Your main team is Werekill/Gorf. So tell me something about their connection to each other?

Jim and Werekill are unaligned, btw.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you want more than just a flip, your best bet would be shooting one of the players that have been in the spotlight today; me, Xonar or Werekill. Since I feel a living Xonar would give us more information than his flip, and I don't want to shoot myself, you could point the gun at Werekill.

Gorf wouldn't be my first pick. Why is he your first pick to vig?
That's an,... uh, interesting answer.

So what's your read on Gorf?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No it does not.

Werekill's vote on Jim is telling. If Werekill = scum, Jim = town/indy for sure. That's what I meant.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So, Jim, I like your read list. Your main team is Werekill/Gorf. So tell me something about their connection to each other?

Jim and Werekill are unaligned, btw.
Do this, Jim.

I'll be out for a while.

<Removed Image saying F- this thread, I'm out>

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So still, why did you pick Gorf as your first?
To see what you'd say. I'll shoot an inactive because that's what a vig is ****ing supposed to do.

I don't remember Gorf much at all. He started posting large chunks of text near the end of my read and it all runs together because I skimmed the hell out of him. I just remembered that he posted a lot of words and figured there was something that garners a read in there. I'll have to read him later and see what stacks up. For now, I'm cooking tacos for breakfast!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So, Jim, I like your read list. Your main team is Werekill/Gorf. So tell me something about their connection to each other.
Well, Gorf is only slightly leaning scum, so I'm not even too serious about him, and I didn't actually look at connections at all when posting this reads list, it was just individual players. But I looked into connections between them nonetheless and found a few things.
/would vote Werekill if she wasn't at L-3. But Unvote Vote: Soup explain the top for me?
This, for example, I have no idea why L-2 would be such a problem. Further increases the pressure, but hardly any danger of a quick-hammer, if you just keep an eye on the thread. No one is actually planning to quicklynch someone with half the cast not posting, so the reluctance to vote here was pretty eh...
He also draws some attention to Soup, could signify trying to switch the topic.

In #200, he tries to downplay the factor of Werekill's emotions, but still keeps slot "pretty scummy"

From #268 on he tries to gather information of what other people think about Ryker's analysis of Werekill and if they agree on wether she's scummy or not.

That's what I found that could indicate a connection between those two.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There are bible sized books on scumminess related to Werekill's slot at this point... But there ain't no chapter on her replacing out. That shiz doesn't really make a difference, if that's something Werekill wants to do that's something Werekill wants to do.
Do you guys not get that Werekill's malarkey about not liking mafia and crap is null or am I reading it wrong?

Would you add these posts to downplaying Werekill's scumminess while also trying to get reads or is it null?

As the game goes on, do you think Gorf will be okay with lynching Werekill or do you think he's setting himself up to change his mind?

Ask Gorf some questions that will help you determine his alignment.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Would you add these posts to downplaying Werekill's scumminess while also trying to get reads or is it null?
The first one, no, because I share his point of view, replacing out is a null point for me.

The second is harder, but I'd say yes, because in that post it's more about defending everything Werekill did with emotional play in regards to mafia. While the overly emotional ragequitting plays no role for me, the other overly emotional play does play a role.

My prediction would be that he'd not be okay with lynching Werekills slot if S2 plays a decent game again. If however, everyone decides to still lynch the slot, he will jump on.
But after I've said this, will it even matter, because he likely won't do this now?

Gorf, why is your vote still on me? (Last vote count says you're not voting me, but I checked back and saw your vote on me, and you never unvoted)

When asked about why I'm scummy, you refer back to this post:
Xonar seems town to me for now, he's made his intentions with his posts pretty clear to me, and I can dig getting us out of RVS. Laundry's just one of those guys I don't see as scum almost ever (G3S lol) in D1, and this game is the same. Good content flow, good scumhunting. Swell guy. EE's cool, Soup's pretty cool too. Jim Morisson I don't really have a HUGE ISSUE with, but I don't like the... indifferent tone he's taking on the game. Like when EE had to force an opinion out of em as far as Xonar's shiz or something like that, when he voted Xonar. He's done a fair amount of beating around the bush when it comes to taking a stance... Hey you can call em null leaning scum, but I'd rather observe than pressure em for now, if that makes sense (and then he's gonna ask me about my read or explain or something and then I'll end up pressuring :glare:). Nobody else has posted/made a lasting opinion on me.
Then in #267 I'm straight up scummy and you'd call me scum in TvS debate. You still find me scum just for beating around the bush and having an indifferent tone about the game?

Last question, if you had to choose between eliminating my slot and Werekills slot at the time that I'm posting this, whose slot would you eliminate?

@mod: Is the last votecount correct (regarding Gorf's vote)?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The first one, no, because I share his point of view, replacing out is a null point for me.

The second is harder, but I'd say yes, because in that post it's more about defending everything Werekill did with emotional play in regards to mafia. While the overly emotional ragequitting plays no role for me, the other overly emotional play does play a role.

My prediction would be that he'd not be okay with lynching Werekills slot if S2 plays a decent game again. If however, everyone decides to still lynch the slot, he will jump on.
But after I've said this, will it even matter, because he likely won't do this now?
You're limitting his options to a certain degree by throwing this out in the open. You might not catch him on it, but if Werekill is really your choice (even if current), limitting his partners is a good thing to do.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You just said that Gorf, who is possibly scum in your eyes, will probably follow that plan of action.

Now, if he was scum, he know he'd get heat from you if he really went through with it, thus he would prefer doing something else etc etc

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1.6 - With 13 alive it take 7 to lynch!

Xonar [0]
Soup [1] - JTB
Werekill [5] - Evil Eye, WL, Soup, Xonar, Ryker
Kantrip [0]
JTB [0]
WashedLaundry [0]
Jim Morrison [1] - Gorf
Ryker [0]
Evil Eye [0]
J [0]
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [1] - Kantrip
marshy [0]

Not Voting [5] - Jim Morrison, Werekill, J, Glyph, marshy

Deadline has been set for March 10th @ 11:59PM EST

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
augh i hate falling a sleep on the couch and busting my sleep in half

I'll be on later depending how much longer I sleep. I don't think there's really much more to gain in holding back my WK analysis; enough has been said that camps of opinion are already out. So I'll drop mah **** when I get my buns back in here.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Hey, I never voted.
Originally I'd vote Werekill, but it's kinda eh to do while looking for a replacement, and also L-1 lol.

Vote: Gorf

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
12. Gorf - I don't like what Gorf is doing. Apparently I'm Gorf's top scum suspect, but he hasn't adressed a single thing in his posts to me. It looks to me as if he's relying on interactions between other people with me, instead of trying to feel me out himself.
I'm not liking that passive kind of play. Is there nothing you want to ask me about, Gorf? Leaning... Not in town direction I guess.
So why wouldn't you vig him then, if these are your thoughts on him?

Also your readslist is very wishy-washy. You've got a lot of null-town or null-scum but nothing really harder than that. I get the "nothings" for the people who haven't posted, but it seems like your Kantrip read and your Ryker read should be a lot more fleshed out than what they are right now.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also your readslist is very wishy-washy. You've got a lot of null-town or null-scum but nothing really harder than that. I get the "nothings" for the people who haven't posted, but it seems like your Kantrip read and your Ryker read should be a lot more fleshed out than what they are right now.
You think his reaction to my pressure was on his skill level but this read list is not? Elaborate.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So why wouldn't you vig him then, if these are your thoughts on him?

Because I don't shoot players who I find leaning slightly scum.

I know it looks wishy-washy, I'm not a top tier player that can get hard town or scum reads out of 10 pages. Secondly, I've got a couple of issues with trusting my reads, because in my expierence, my reads have been **** about 90% of the time.

Kantrip, I disagree, I'm fine with how I read him so far. The fact that he's null is that I both found points I like and dislike.
I'm gonna agree with you on Ryker, but as I said, I have no idea how to read him. I also got a bit lazy when I got to Ryker, how about I look at him again later?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You think his reaction to my pressure was on his skill level but this read list is not? Elaborate.
His pressure was perfectly reactionary and can be earmarked to a specific skill level. Readslists can be all over the charts. Besides, I had something more specific going on with this and:

I know it looks wishy-washy, I'm not a top tier player that can get hard town or scum reads out of 10 pages. Secondly, I've got a couple of issues with trusting my reads, because in my expierence, my reads have been **** about 90% of the time.
you ruined it. Good job.

Kantrip, I disagree, I'm fine with how I read him so far. The fact that he's null is that I both found points I like and dislike.
I'm gonna agree with you on Ryker, but as I said, I have no idea how to read him. I also got a bit lazy when I got to Ryker, how about I look at him again later?
How about you look at him again now while the thread's still mostly inactive and sleepy.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Nah, I'm gonna have dinner instead and do some work on French :teeth:

Btw, WL, I'd like to point out that I never saw Xonar's #355 before I posted my #357.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Here, I'll elaborate more:

Reactions are easy to match to skill level. I've been in too many mafia games and have seen too many lynches not to recognize trends correlating between skill level and reaction. Readslists aren't reactions, at least not the initial ones that are always so telling. It's a lot harder to gauge skill level from looking at his readslist, and I have never noticed a trend between readslists and skill level. That's more dependent on overall meta.

Likewise, I asked him that because I wanted to ask him something without a player he views as better interfering. I want input directly from him but he likes to sheep from players he thinks are better.

@JM: I doubt it.

Top Bottom