• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To expand on EE.

I vote Werekill with hesitation. I imagine that EE would do the same thing based on what I know of both players. There's absolutely no second thoughts in EE's head.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There is no sympathy except for whoever has to replace into that slot because my read will be almost entirely determined based on the actions of a raging lunatic. There is frustration because I can't assume basic IQ levels.

Going to other mafia games now. See you guys later.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Gorf
Sounds good to me, there's not anything about Werekill I like, if there was anything positive I could say is that I could maybe with a huge amount of sheer willpower see him being dumbtown.

Airhead is WL.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Seeya.

And yeh, all my sympathy for Stew. He's gonna have to come in guns blazing at this point just to redeem that slot.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@Soup: After his play in UTrick'd2, I can't see Werekill as dumbtown. I just can't. He's playing right to the letter of how he did in UTrick'd2 and the only reason it didn't result in this D1 was because Kantrip backed down.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I received a PM from Werekill entitled "May I Clear Something Up." I have not and do not intend to open it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you think he's inept to not change his playstyle considering it didn't work for him?

I remember that stuff too Washed.

#HBC | ѕoup

Just thought about my last post and thought to myself "He's done this twice now and his replacementrage probably tells me he isn't concerned with things like that, so they would possibly play the same considering they're emotional all together."

That and the fact he also had moments of making excuses and being bipolar all over in utricked, too.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't understand how you see it null Gorf, there were plenty of intentions there to write that huge blurb of a post, whether being game-related or not.

Is it the dealbreaker on my Werekill read? not even close.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think just the convenience of deciding he hates mafia when he gets this pressure is enough to make it not null. It's probably more trouble than it's worth to have to sift through, but there's definitely intent behind Werekill's actions. He signed up for this game to play it, after all.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
There are bible sized books on scumminess related to Werekill's slot at this point... But there ain't no chapter on her replacing out. That shiz doesn't really make a difference, if that's something Werekill wants to do that's something Werekill wants to do.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I received a PM from Werekill entitled "May I Clear Something Up." I have not and do not intend to open it.
Popping in here to clear this up.

I swear that that pm is merely talking about my problems with being emotional in mafia in general. It does not have anything to do with the game, but if you wish to wait to open it until I am completely replaced out, I can understand that. It mostly just asked for advice on how to maybe stop that problem, but if you wish to wait to open it, once again, I understand.

@mod: If you wish me to forward it in order to prove that it does not talk about this game, I would be perfectly happy to do so.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude you're replaced out, the best thing to do if you reeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna talk about this would be to take it to the social and make it not about or necessarily concerning ongoing games. The fact that the mod is looking for a replacement means you're out of the game. Don't take this as me being a douche, but you admittedly don't wanna be in the game... So why are you continuing this?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I was stating that to show that no rules are broken, that's all.

But **** it. I'm just digging myself a deeper hole with every post, so by the time I get done, I suppose everyone in DGames will hate me.

Can we continue this in the social? Just quote this post over there if you want to continue this convo; I need to get out of this thread.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1.5 - With 13 alive it take 7 to lynch!

Xonar [1] - Jim Morrison
Soup [1] - JTB
Werekill [5] - Evil Eye, WL, Soup, Xonar, Ryker
Kantrip [0]
JTB [0]
WashedLaundry [0]
Jim Morrison [1] - Gorf
Ryker [0]
Evil Eye [0]
J [0]
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [1] - Kantrip
marshy [0]

Not Voting [4] - Werekill, J, Glyph, marshy

Deadline has been set for March 10th @ 11:59PM EST

Werekill please refrain from posting in this thread anymore if you're replacing out.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ryker said:
To expand on EE.

I vote Werekill with hesitation. I imagine that EE would do the same thing based on what I know of both players. There's absolutely no second thoughts in EE's head.
Nahhhhh you don't get to do that bub. You are not John Edward.

I get that you feel a compulsion to do your due diligence and whatever anytime I open my yap when we play a game, but your assertions here are dense. The conditions of our votes are different. It should be pretty apparent that my first vote was for pressure, given the situation. You're coming in after the nitty-gritty has already gone down, and yet treating the vote contexts the same. More importantly I said, right out, that I was holding back what I had for a while. The pressure was mounting and I wanted to see how others were going to react to Werekill's behavior as well as the wagon. This kind of **** gets tainted once I fire up my steamroller. You know this, and you know I know it. So what's the deal?

I'm also pretty miffed by your citing meta so erroneously, especially when there is probably no one I've talked to more about mafia, including play-by-plays of games where I made moves identical to this one.

Werekill earned himself some rumbles and thus pressure early, but he's truly deteriorated, and not just in a null whiny ***** kind of way. I feel that he is scrumbling, and in a bad way. The big kicker for me here is having played an incredibly agonizing and length game with him as TvT, where I read him correctly and thus can see distinctions in the way he throws around his emo bull****. Neon ****ing distinctions.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm retracting my Scumnar stance. After a good night's sleep, and re-reading of the thread, I can see how retardedly I panicked in the first pages. When I re-read Xonar's post, I didn't see the pressure of actually trying to get me lynched at all, it's much more just... Pressure for the sake of reading. The fact that he asked me a ton of questions and letting me dig my own grave, instead of pointing out everything I did terrible shows that I'm a bad player, not that Xonar tried to get me mislynched.

Then my reasons for voting Xonar yesterday, reading it again, PURE CRAP. Even I see now that this was a huge OMGUS under the guise of suspicion. I gave the worst reasoning possible and believed it. Good on me :teeth:

Unvote

Then again I could be completely wrong and he stil actually wants me lynched, but this is what I got!

Continuing

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
@JM You said you had Werekill as Lean town after his spew or something?

He didn't really do much, and he still holds warrant to being scum for me, scum replace out too.

What do you think aside from that?

Also I'm gonna get to you about your other question real soon.
You might confuse that with me saying WL is town.
I said Werekill is leaning scum. Me thinking that is mostly the reasons that others had at the time, the overdefensiveness and making a mountain out of a mole hill. Also (s)he used the most AtE I've ever seen, and I really can't understand an expierenced player doing it in those numbers as town.
I'm agreeing with Gorf's view on replacing out, it's a null read on that. So still leaning scum to me.

@Ryker: That question from Jim almost reads as rhetorical, if you know what I mean. Like, he wasn't actually asking it for people to answer it but more as just to be seen contemplating the scenario. To be honest I'd have to say it disconnects the two of them. It's a bad question.
@Ryker's open question
General deer in headlights reaction for me. I don't get why he needed to externally blog something, when he coulda just made his stance clear or not say anything at all. I feel that same way about a lot of JM's play as of late, a lot of things that coulda been kept to himself but are said anyways.
Okay, I'm officially confused. I thought the whole idea to find scum and making yourself easier to be read is putting your thoughts out there for others to see as well. I've got thoughts, no idea what to think of them, put them out there and suddenly they are bad thoughts.
Someone explain to me, please, in Mafia, do I post my thought process or do I only post the end result?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
To expand on EE.

This doesn't sit well with me, and feels like an appeal to authority. I think we can kind of agree that EE is the grand daddy of this game and one of the strongest player. What Ryker is doing here, is trying to compare himself to EE's vote to make it warranted and okay. Also, I really dislike the fact that he's speaking for what EE would do.

Also, I don't think the sentence is right, do you mean without hesitation? Because EE has no second thoughts, but you apparently do.

#HBC | ѕoup

I lied. I'm posting in the morning.

Anyways, JM, there's nothing wrong with being open about your thoughts, but take it from me that you don't have to say everything that's on your mind. A lot of people gave me this advice, because I would post non-stop making a bunch of silly posts when I could have just waited to create a more collected and organized post with those thoughts, it's generally a lot easier for information flow and it's easier on the people who read it, your question didn't deem a stance, merely a rhetoric with yourself.

Get what i'm saying?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Can we agree on something? Can we agree that you won't pull the "he's pulling the card!" stuff on really simple stuff? I'm just worried about that, and I'd rather hear you agree to not do that before I move on from this.
Of the things that Werekill said, this really bugged me the most. (s)He's trying to cover (s)his bases of future lynches already and essentially asking for a free pass on the noob card for simple things.

Okay, since I've still no idea which direction to go, I'll just post what I think of everyone... Later.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hooooly shet so many new posts.

That means Ryker has been posting. Can we be friends this time, Ryker? Last time we were friends was our Hydra in Higurashi :(

Joking aside, I'll read 1 page and give comments per page. I'll start after I've done some other beeswax.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
1. Xonar - Disliked him first, his pressure on me really got to me and made me view him in a bad light. Personally, I just dislike what he did, but in an objective way, I can see why he did what he did and I definitely hope he got what he wanted out of it. I'm still weary of his motives.
Another thing I like that he was one of the first to look at Werekill after (s)his first post. Null.

2. Soup - From what I'm seeing, I think Soup is playing a very solid game. He's actively participating. He also gives sideline commentary at times, but in a way that it does add something to the discussion.
What I dislike is him answering questions for other people, which he's done 2, 3 times now? I'm okay with it, but please wait until the other people actually answer the question first. Leaning town.

3. Werekill - I've said what I needed to say about Werekill in previous posts. Leaning scum.
4. Kantrip - He hasn't pulled a gambit, he must be scum. What seems weird to me, is in his #204, he says he doesn't look for scum tells, he just finds them. Isn't that basically the same thing? When you find them, what is it that made you find them?
Other than this, he's been more concerned with other people's reads than his own reads during the rest of his posts. After commenting on me and Xonar, he's done commenting on his own reads. Everything he says follows up on what others said. But I really don't know about Kantrip. Null.

5. JTB - JTB who? Got nothing.
6. WashedLaundry - Already expressed my stance on Washed, nothing he's posted in the past pages made me change my mind. Leaning town.
7. Jim Morrison - Love it. 2town4u.
8. Ryker - I've no idea how to read Ryker. His analysis of Werekill's play seems legit, and I kind of like his aggresive style to it. Null, but I like his approach.
Question to Ryker: What direction do you think we should be looking in?
9. Evil Eye - Something about Evil Eye poking my kidneys feels good. In all seriousness, I like EE's play and his attentive eyes. I would really love to believe he's on town's side. Leaning town.
10. J - Got nothing.
11. DtJ Glyphmoney - Got nothing.
12. Gorf - I don't like what Gorf is doing. Apparently I'm Gorf's top scum suspect, but he hasn't adressed a single thing in his posts to me. It looks to me as if he's relying on interactions between other people with me, instead of trying to feel me out himself.
I'm not liking that passive kind of play. Is there nothing you want to ask me about, Gorf? Leaning... Not in town direction I guess.
13. marshy - Got nothing.

Welp, I don't have any harder reads than that, but I hope spouting my thoughts on every player so far was a good idea.

Regarding EE asking me what direction I'd take it in:
I want to wait. We've had a buttload of content in 12 hours and we're still missing 4 players. I want to see what they have to say on everything that happened before taking this in another direction. So waiting.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Thanks brah. I mirror these sentiments.

At the moment, we have that cross vote as the biggest thing I can point out, but they're both pretty ****ty reasons for voting someone and, while I would probably be on one for a little while had I been here, I wouldn't be caught dead on either for the reasoning provided.
You're sharper than this, Ryker. Both pretty ****ty reasons for voting someone? So tell me, what is the reason I voted him and tried to get a wagon on him started from the first posts onwards? And now, what is his reason? I don't even think you need to answer this, but come on.

It doesn't really head anywhere. It kinda just...dies after Werekill enters the thread, and while I think that Bronar's got Doors on his scumdar, he's just got to the point of taking jabs at him here and there rather. We'll see how he responds to Doors' stuff tomorrow, but he just left it alone.
Well it couldn't head anywhere because Werekill paraded in. The plan was to keep the pressure up 'til I had a solid read, instead of "dumb or scum". And you are 100% correct when I'm at the point of taking jabs at him. I'll be getting him as actively involved as I can and will go back to that once I'm caught up. This guy is my weak spot this game and I'm not letting him do that.

So, it gets dropped, Xonar, what's crack-a-lating? Jim read, out with it. Actual reasoning being supplied would be awesome because the **** you've thrown out from the point I've read is sub-par.
Lean Scum. He is my best lead besides Werekill, and things he said/done are still unsettling to me. It has no use to keep him under pressure, so this seems to be a better method.

It's this right here that scares me about Xonar. I find that he's started a discussion and that's about all he's accomplished. I'm reading him incredibly null at the moment and the fact that people like you readily give him a town read, quite frankly, scares white off my ***.
Wooooow. Ryker, how tired were you making this post? Because writing what I did off as "starting a discussion" and not thinking about everything else that it accomplished PLUS the fact that I involved others as well is not the sharp Ryker I know. You're downplaying my play.
Hell, lookie at this:
Don't forget the popular hop-on to the Jim push without actually putting a vote out there. Safe is safe.
You even admit it yourself, it had multiple purposes.

That's quite the knee-slapper you have there.
Just like your face :awesome:

Overall, I feel like I could just sheep Washed on his Ryker read. I mean, I kinda decided to do that pre-game, but I'm okay with it. Are you okay with me doing that, Jim?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Nahhhhh you don't get to do that bub. You are not John Edward.

I get that you feel a compulsion to do your due diligence and whatever anytime I open my yap when we play a game, but your assertions here are dense. The conditions of our votes are different. It should be pretty apparent that my first vote was for pressure, given the situation. You're coming in after the nitty-gritty has already gone down, and yet treating the vote contexts the same. More importantly I said, right out, that I was holding back what I had for a while. The pressure was mounting and I wanted to see how others were going to react to Werekill's behavior as well as the wagon. This kind of **** gets tainted once I fire up my steamroller. You know this, and you know I know it. So what's the deal?
Point taken. I'm going to assume that you're not lying to me about the timing for the remainder of the post and go double check when you posted that "competent Rajam mode" post as I'm fairly sure that was after the Werekill wagon was gaining steam and before I showed up on the scene. The question is how much after and how it's done.

The deal is that you are null at best. Nothing you've done is outside the comfort zone for scum EE even if it's things town EE would do as well. There are town reads sitting on you at the moment that people have no business having and they're from people who I like in this game (Read: Soup).

Don't bust my balls for checking your motives because that's not going to stop. Unlike Lost, I've actually got to discern your alignment.

I'm also pretty miffed by your citing meta so erroneously, especially when there is probably no one I've talked to more about mafia, including play-by-plays of games where I made moves identical to this one.
Oh? Miffed, I haven't heard that word in awhile.

I'm not really sorry about playing to what I assume are the conclusions EE would draw. You can sit fine on not explaining yourself first because I can get that. I've done it. The moment you fire off a case, everyone is a little scared to disagree. How about you still give me an explanation? I want to see the thought process. We can have a little heart to heart about it afterward.

Actually, that's what your next paragraph is. Let me cut that out. I'll be coming back to that in a moment.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hooooly shet so many new posts.

That means Ryker has been posting. Can we be friends this time, Ryker? Last time we were friends was our Hydra in Higurashi :(

Joking aside, I'll read 1 page and give comments per page. I'll start after I've done some other beeswax.
Depends.

What do you think Gorf will flip when I vig him tonight?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
8. Ryker - I've no idea how to read Ryker. His analysis of Werekill's play seems legit, and I kind of like his aggresive style to it. Null, but I like his approach.
Question to Ryker: What direction do you think we should be looking in?
Werekill at the moment, definitely Werekill. Regardless of what we do, that's where we need to be looking. It's by far the most solid scum read anyone has at this stage.

After that, we need to still be looking. There's enough information present in the game to start pestering other people, but I haven't looked into it in-depth because reading Werekill left me kind of in a daze. The kind of a daze induced by bashing your head into a wall multiple times in rapid succession.

So, I'm thinking of vigging Gorf tonight as you can tell from my above post. Is that the right call or should I point the gun at someone else? If so, then who and why?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No. I'll make several.
You're a QT <3

Xonar hadn't really said anything I disagree with until that last sentence. There reasons for wanting to lynch Werekill's replacement are severely mitigated because you have to take into account that he's probably a little ***** with no ulterior motive than just being a little *****.
Bold = noted.

and point = taken, to some degree. Still think it held great reactions even at that point.

But, but, but, there was nothing DEFINING in it.
It just lined up with my thoughts overall and looks like something I expect town to post. You could argue that I didn't read deep enough into it but eh.

I have no experience with Jim.

I'm caught up.

Like:

Airhead and Soup

Dislike:

Werekill, EE, Xonar
Dislike me but you didn't disagree with anything I said except a sentence or two? Wat.

Top Bottom