• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Had a long day yesterday, was too tired to get to the thread after my shift last night. Can't believe there are already 9 pages in less than 24 hours :|

No one. There's a lot of good players in this set-up. The only ones who I'm not familiar with are Werekill and Soup. The rest I deem good enough to not be disposable.
Jim Morrison, did you ever go by another name? I don't think I've ever played with you
You didn't respond to this and I do want to know. Why do you say I'm good enough to not be disposable when we have never played together?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You didn't respond to this and I do want to know. Why do you say I'm good enough to not be disposable when we have never played together?
Wow I was certain I responded to this. I went as Guus, gf2tw and many others, but I remember us playing together in a Disco Room game where you died on D1 because of a gambit. I was scum with T-block in that game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
K.

So like, I was thinking about a lot of the shiz going on in this game last night, especially regarding Werekill (yea I think he's scum to whoever was questioning -.-) and looking around what happened with her. Honestly, it seemed all good from most perspectives. She was pre obvscum... And then Ryker came in the game. A shiz load of what he says about Werekill, even for Ryker, seems so forced.

[collapse="Every post Ryker makes regarding Werekill in his catchup"]

Pro-tip. Treating **** like this like a personal affront is a damn good way to make people assume you're scared of someone digging because you've got bodies buried in the vicinity.

So, no, it didn't develop into a situation where SvS is no longer possible. I can dig it.

I can instantly see why it would get overrun if the thread becomes full of posts like Werekill's first.

So, it gets dropped, Xonar, what's crack-a-lating? Jim read, out with it. Actual reasoning being supplied would be awesome because the **** you've thrown out from the point I've read is sub-par.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?

You're being hyper defensive at this point and the possibility of merely being insulted has fled my mind.

AtE.

Still hyper defensive.

Don't let me finish posting without covering my analysis of Werekill's character as well because it's relevant to actually reading him.

Self-meta. What a lovely garden of weeds this guy is turning out to be.

Yes.

Self-meta. Still doesn't hold up. There's no reason not to vote from a town perspective other than being a bad player. That's the distinction that has to be made. So, you want to pull that noob card, bro?

Oh. My. God.

GROW UP!

This is a game where people incite anger in order to get you to ****ing respond like a ****ing *******.

I do not know if he is scum right now. He is a ******* and if IQ was done with an absolute value, then his would be incredible. As it stands, it's unbelievable for other reasons.

Bye.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. This is a game where people are extremely unlikely to side with you when you are offended which seems to be an automated reaction to someone mentioning your nature in a negative light. That's kind of bad in a game where people are trying to discern your alignment.

Dislike that he's further AtEing after quitting.

Xonar hadn't really said anything I disagree with until that last sentence. There reasons for wanting to lynch Werekill's replacement are severely mitigated because you have to take into account that he's probably a little ***** with no ulterior motive than just being a little *****.

Working hard on dying. Prepared to lynch after that sentence. If it's not him being a little ***** then there's no other plausible explanation for Werekill town to act in that manner that I can think of.

I don't think any human being could possibly come to this assumption if you take for granted an understanding of the game. He has completed multiple games, so.....

This is all AtE and utter lies.

Except, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of you being wrong.

If you're replacing out, stop talking. You're making life worse for your replacement which isn't cool for them.

Please, by all means go ahead. I'll hold out on talking about it until after you. I'd much rather see your take on WK before mine.

THAT'S STILL MAJORLY RELATED TO THIS GAME!

You would be putting forth WIFOM that you replaced out because you truly were a townie and truly do hate the game instead of you being a little ***** and replacing out as scum in hot water. Only your flip can tell.

@Anyone - Did Werekill threaten to replace in UTrick'd? I think someone did, but I don't know who.

That tears it.

Vote Werekill

I want to see the flip. A Werekill scum flip makes me feel good about a lot of things that would cause me to look funny at a few people (EE mainly). Werekill town makes me feel better about Jim.
[/collapse]

This is a total of fourteen posts (just posts, not even individual attacks) relating to Werekill in his catchup. I can see maybe like one, two, three, hell for the epic crappiness that IS Werekill I'd be cool with seven. But I'm seeing all of this, coupled with his consistent assertions ever after he was caught up on letting everybody know that he's thinking Werekill's scum. Now I know I know, Ryker's usually a hard a** and pulls shiz like this all the time, but he's almost going completely out of his way to gather attention to his disdain for Werekill's slot. As townWerekill, it doesn't really matter whether scumRyker's right or wrong, because EVERYBODY is on that shiz, so ideally it would go pretty unnoticed. As scumWerekill, Ryker can easily hold a place as a push for her wagon with all of this. Besides, Ryker's view on scumbuddies is that they're there to be bussed. Sure, it's possible for townRyker to have pointed and called all of this out. But townRyker wouldn't go so out of his way to be noticed as on the wagon, as helping to lead Werekill into the noose. ScumRyker would almost need it since he wasn't here for the show. And no I'm not gonna just be cool with someone saying "He played X game as town and was this hard on Y."

~

But hey, let's look at other avenues, like his insistence on watching out for EE. Literally nobody has any verbalized scummy vibes from EE, except for Ryker who's questioning people on their EE reads. But he doesn't really do it much...

[collapse="Every post Ryker makes regarding EE in his catchup]

[quote="Ryker, post: 14150413"]Explain why you liked EE at this point because it's not shaking out yet.[/QUOTE]

Please, by all means go ahead. I'll hold out on talking about it until after you. I'd much rather see your take on WK before mine.

But, but, but, there was nothing DEFINING in it.

So yeah, explanation on those feel good reads on Xonar and EE.

Just like with Soup, I feel they're unmerited.

I'm caught up.

Like:

Airhead and Soup

Dislike:

Werekill, EE, Xonar
[/collapse]

Five posts regarding EE. Out of these five, three are queries regarding people's reads on EE; one is talking directly to EE, saying that he'd love to hear his Werekill stance; and one is saying he doesn't like EE. But here's the problem... Ryker has zero reason to dislike EE. Everything he's pointed out is total crap, and a chock full of lies. The fact of the matter is, EE was, and still is healthily contributing. And nobody can dispute this. Now, I'd get it if it was simply a matter of Ryker try'na feel out EE, but similar to the Werekill thing, he's FORCING the fact that he's feeling out EE down everybody's throats; making it known that he isn't gonna let himself just get a town read on em. Nothing Ryker has said about EE has been scummy (or really right...), but it sure looks good to have that suspicion of em in the thread; being observant is a great thing to be as town, right?

So yeah, the vote doesn't bug me. But the lack of reasoning before seeing if it's popular does.
Hell, even this seems fake to an extent. Why would townRyker care that I planted my vote on em? And plus I don't really understand the last part ._.

Ultimately, Ryker's been totally fake and forceful about, like, everything. He's setting up a really good endgame for himself, cuz with all of those marvelous stances on scumWerekill, townLaundry and townSoup (both of which I feel), and wanting to be weary about Xonar and EE which a lot of people are cool with at this time, it looks picture perfect... Right?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I don't think Gorf dropped his Ryker vote to test the waters. So little interaction with Ryker has taken place that suggests town'd be amenable to it. I can think of town reasons for it that fit Gorf like a glove; I think it's null at worst.

JTB, who do you have eyes on right now?

Gonna dig up the WK analysis now. TLDR is I thought his early posts were super off, made a move to pressure him, got home and saw a complete ****storm during which he had cracked like a pane of glass. His emotionality (in parts that is) strikes me as manipulative. I'll go deeper on why when I'm up.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well I'm in kind of an awkward position here as an anchor point of Gorf's case, and yet someone that was just about to drop a case of my own.

I'm going to do up my WK analysis now regardless, but I fully encourage people to ignore for now so Gorf/Ryker can run its course. This is a fresh avenue. I like fresh avenues. I expect to come back to it immediately afterward though.

Incidentally, another anchor point in Gorf's case hinges on WK-scum. Werekill's flip continues to gain importance.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Unvote

Ryker, Gorf's last paragraph sums up his point really well and I bet it will lure you into reading the rest of it too to see how he could possibly be justifying what he's saying.

I want to see this play out.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Hi Kanty!

So if Gorf's last paragraph sums things up really well, I guess that would mean you've read enough to have an opinion on the validity of it, correct? Well, I hope you brought enough opinion for the rest of the class! If you don't want to taint the ongoing conversation, you can speak in broad terms.

Secondly, I don't feel like I have even a vague idea of what you want to do right now. Indulge me here as well. I understand that with the current exchange and other things on the horizon, that may change. This does not mean you shouldn't have ideas and thoughts of your own at the moment. Be a Staff Sergeant. What would we be doing right now if you were running the show?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You don't explain anything being forced. You just list my posts and say they are and I say they aren't. Your only credit to it was the post number. I posted about what I felt was worth posting about. The majority of it was centered around Werekill.

The only other thing aside from the last quote's one sentence talks about EE. Tell me, what should I think about EE?

The sentence I read was dumb. "This seems fake" and then saying you don't understand what I was saying. To clarify: a vote can much more easily be explained and segued out of before hard reasoning is put down. If you just drop a vote and see no support, you can easily tone down the follow-up and phase it out later.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hi Kanty!

So if Gorf's last paragraph sums things up really well, I guess that would mean you've read enough to have an opinion on the validity of it, correct? Well, I hope you brought enough opinion for the rest of the class! If you don't want to taint the ongoing conversation, you can speak in broad terms.
I don't agree with the case as a case and there are definitely areas I hope to see Ryker tear apart. That said, I like what Gorf is doing with it and I think his points are valid enough to merit discussion.

Basically, I don't feel compelled to jump on Ryker or anything, but I can dig what Gorf is saying which is why I want to see how Ryker responds.

Secondly, I don't feel like I have even a vague idea of what you want to do right now. Indulge me here as well. I understand that with the current exchange and other things on the horizon, that may change. This does not mean you shouldn't have ideas and thoughts of your own at the moment. Be a Staff Sergeant. What would we be doing right now if you were running the show?
Yeah, this game has a lot of alpha players who are running a variety of their own little shows. As I said earlier, I liked the Werekill pressure that has been going on and I feel his play reflects how he reacted to me on UTrick'd. Unfortunately I backed down there because the backlash was more than I expected at the time. Then he went and replaced out and now we have to wait for a replacement to come in, catch up, and then assess them from there. At the moment, that is the slot I would lynch.

I was also looking at Gorf before for laying back without dipping more than his toes in the water. This turn on Ryker should amend that as it plays out though.

If I was a Staff Sergeant? That's a tough question. Being honest, I'd have to say if I were running the show the thread would probably be a huge cluster****. Either that or I'd fire all of the inactives forever and then do something stupid like make a terrible case or something. Honestly, I would much rather let genuine interactions play out. If someone (Gorf, for example) suspects another player (Ryker in this case), getting some elaboration and points against the target player would be great. Then the target player can defend and react to the pressure.

Because I've learned that pressure brings on the most genuine reactions in most cases.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Evil Eye: What have you thought of WashedLaundry and Soup this game? Do you agree with Ryker's opinion on them?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't agree with the case as a case and there are definitely areas I hope to see Ryker tear apart. That said, I like what Gorf is doing with it and I think his points are valid enough to merit discussion.

Basically, I don't feel compelled to jump on Ryker or anything, but I can dig what Gorf is saying which is why I want to see how Ryker responds.

Yeah, this game has a lot of alpha players who are running a variety of their own little shows. As I said earlier, I liked the Werekill pressure that has been going on and I feel his play reflects how he reacted to me on UTrick'd. Unfortunately I backed down there because the backlash was more than I expected at the time. Then he went and replaced out and now we have to wait for a replacement to come in, catch up, and then assess them from there. At the moment, that is the slot I would lynch.

I was also looking at Gorf before for laying back without dipping more than his toes in the water. This turn on Ryker should amend that as it plays out though.

If I was a Staff Sergeant? That's a tough question. Being honest, I'd have to say if I were running the show the thread would probably be a huge cluster****. Either that or I'd fire all of the inactives forever and then do something stupid like make a terrible case or something. Honestly, I would much rather let genuine interactions play out. If someone (Gorf, for example) suspects another player (Ryker in this case), getting some elaboration and points against the target player would be great. Then the target player can defend and react to the pressure.

Because I've learned that pressure brings on the most genuine reactions in most cases.
Aside from the sentence about previous issue with Gorf, this post says a lot of nothing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lol, I just looked at the post count. I saw Gorf call me out for having too much concerning Werekill with 14 posts when I have 60 posts in the thread.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm not sure what else to say on the subject, Ryker.

I spoke in broad terms about Gorf's case as EE mentioned to avoid tainting the conversation.

If you mean the Staff Sergeant question, it's because I really don't have all that much of a clue how town would be running if I was leading. In one word I'd say "badly".

Kantrip

Kantplay
To see what you'd say. I'll shoot an inactive because that's what a vig is ****ing supposed to do.

I don't remember Gorf much at all. He started posting large chunks of text near the end of my read and it all runs together because I skimmed the hell out of him. I just remembered that he posted a lot of words and figured there was something that garners a read in there. I'll have to read him later and see what stacks up. For now, I'm cooking tacos for breakfast!
I didn't skim, I just forgot you said this.

The information I want out of that question can still apply though.

Do you think Gorf's case is genuine or scummy? I know you think it's bad either way.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually now that I think about it that kind of applies to Xonar's question too.

A scumtell that I will look at closely would have to be if someone isn't being genuine. When a case is bad because they're purposely reaching, or when someone's intentions don't match up to their actions. That is what would be worthy of pressure for me. Then looking at how they react to pressure is also good.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Gorf, it's nice to see you looking at Ryker, but I find your case to be crap. If you want me to elaborate, you'll hear it tomorrow morning when I wake up (1:52 AM now).

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
So then, Werekill. Or as I'm going to refer to him here, Captain Crybaby. I think he is scum. It is rare that I get a read this strong. Usually I am just piecing together what I analyze and then acting upon it.

When I do get a read like this, it has to come from a few things. Actions that jump off the page in a manner I really don't like. But, also, the person has to be someone who I find to be very poor at subterfuge -- poor to the point that they cannot perform it, but also poor to the point that I can actually detect it in what they are saying and doing. Meta also tends to be a big factor in these reads.

Captain Crybaby tics off all the boxes. Let me show you how.

Meta Background
:

In Bebop I was town with Werekill. Werekill was the cop. He was just as emotional in how he thinks. However, he was not as reliant on emotion in his actions. Werekill made a constant and visible effort to stay logical, even when he was failing. It was the hardest read to wrangle and hold onto in my life, but I managed to keep him as dumb-and-new-town all the way through the game.

There is also some minor influence from UTrick'd. I didn't read very much of it, but I talked to G Life a lot as the game went on, about the various happenings. He was very distraught with how obvscum he felt Werekill was being and the fact that he was johning and emo-ing his way out of scrutiny he had earned. G Life can confirm this, whenever the hell he shows up. Often he'd show me posts Werekill was making. I could see the same distinctions I see here.

This is about all you really need to know right at the get-go. The rest I'll point out as it becomes relevant.

Initial Pressure:

So, Werekill comes into the game. Setting the stage, we have Xonar/Jimbo and a few other minor tangents I believe. Here's Captain Crybaby's first post.

First line: Fair enough. That is to say, I immediately felt that WK has played enough games (I'm not sure if WK was town in any non-Bebop games, but Bebop was a long ****ing game with a lot of powerhouse players present) to recognize a gambit-pressure play. But, whatever. Werekill also isn't good at mafia, and he didn't try to draw some faulty, stupid conclusion from it. I cocked an eyebrow at it but moved on without letting it sway me.

The rest of it before the quote, though, is Werekill first considered purchasing a ferry ticket to Hell and left me wanting to help him pack.

Short of expressing just how ****ing aghast his awful post had left me, here's the important part of my reply for here:

So he's setting you up for a quick ML by telling you the ONE THING that would cause you to become in his sights at this time? Which is what you think he'd base the ML ON?
There's part of it I left out, though, as this was a real cog in the early scumvibe I was getting. He is outright accusing Xonar, very flatly, of trying to set him up in advance. And yet, he's being polite with Xonar at the same time, expressing that he just "wants clarification". These two sentiments are black and ****ing white.

Look at the excerpt by itself.

Captain Crybaby said:
I don't like being set up from the very beginning to fall, and I'd appreciate clarification.

I said nothing at the time because I knew damn well he'd just say he wanted clarification because it's what he was WORRIED about, but he wasn't NECESSARILY getting that vibe from Zonie. And I wanted WK to continue on thinking harping that Zonie was setting him up the bomb was a viable avenue and that he'd just have to do better at pursuing it, because if he did so, I really felt he would be scum.

Then there's the meta comparison. Very very early on in Bebop, Werekill was targeted by Virg, who felt he was playing like a bit of a spaz. He didn't like this. Didn't like the way WK was conducting himself, the nature of the questions he asked. So, Virg FoS'd 'im.

And you know what? Werekill didn't poop his pants and start slinging it everywhere. He was a bit emo and whinging about it, sure, but he kept his cool. Even as he was OMGUSing Virg. Werekill questioned Virg. Asked him questions. No drastic assumptions were made. I could very visibly feel that he was trying to stay objective, but trying to investigate his aggressor to determine his alignment.

I recall that it was only later on, when asked for picks, that Werekill listed Virg. OMGUS, yes. Temper tantrum panicky bull****? Nah.

I've explained that I've seen town-Werekill be much better than this. Still bad, but much better. There's another point of importance, though. Werekill played with a self-preservational style (one of the things that put Virg onto him) in Bebop. But you know what the difference between that and here?

Werekill was completely transparent about it. And I mean transparent in the governmental oversight way, not transparent like he tried and failed to hide it. His own *** was of great concern to him. So much so that anyone with a narrowed eye at him was going to draw scrutiny. Werekill NEVER tried to hide this fact -- in this game he's trying to disguise it as scumhunting. In this game he IS trying -- and failing -- to hide it. And you can already see it in this first post, where he spends the bulk of it pressing Xonar for selfish concerns and seems very worried about the possibility of being called on future actions.

The best part is that was his reaction to ACTUAL ****ing pressure. Someone ACTUALLY making an accusation. Look at the **** he did here! He took a single comment out of a post from like pages back and blew it the **** up, despite having no actual, concrete scummy accusations to make alongside it. Night and ****ing day.

But it was early yet. Werekill hadn't gone into full tantrum mode. So I only pressed on him. I wanted to do something that would make town-Werekill, as I had played with him, start to reconsider his actions and Werekill as I had seen in my smatterings of UTrick'd start to panic. Remember that my post was ninja'd by numerous other posts (including more Werekill posts) because the thread had activated its faster-like-the-speed-of-sound drive.

I saw an opportunity in Werekill's post to, I felt, truly exit RVS. My first post was the beginning of that.

In the interest of cutting down the size of this post somewhat I'm just going to point to moments where I feel Werekill did things that conflict with my town-Werekill experience without elaborating, since it'd just be almost identical. I'll only elaborate when I'm drawing new points.

Captain Crybaby Gets Worse At The Speed of Ninja:

Werekill conflates "being defensive" with "defending yourself. Being the type of player he is, Werekill damn well knows the difference.

Possible fishing for his current YOU JUST WANT CART BLANCHE ON LYNCHING NOOBS schtick re: Xonar.

^I admit this is more one of those "I want the flip so I can look at this" moments. If WK is scum I really think he was fishing for ammunition to aid his current (idiotic) accusations. If Werekill is town, well, this is one of the few posts/sentences he wrote that I can see fitting the mold -- Werekill as town gets astronomically more defensive than usual to Xonar about the noob thing, thinks he could be pushing Jimbo on just that, etc etc.

The That TEARS It Moment:

Here's Werekill's next post.

^This is another big anti-Bebop thing, and also something that fit well with what I read of UTrick'd. He makes a lot of accusations about people discarding what he has to say unfairly, when that's just not what's happening. In Bebop, you surely aren't surprised to hear that with players like frozenflame, myself, Virg and other ancients running around, Werekill got tossed aside on his actions quite a bit. "Eh, that's dumb, not seein it" and so on.

But you know what? Werekill DEALT WITH IT. It took him a VERY long time to get to a point where he showed active frustration in the thread. Oh, and that was when he was a cop with a guilty trying to lynch someone while we lynched someone else. What's this, EE? The one time Werekill got irrational and whiny about his opinions being cast aside he actually had an understandable reason to do it? Well, ****.

Meanwhile I vividly remember him keeping this excuse to whine on-hand in UTrick'd. Hey, it beats the **** out of considering why people might think your say-so ain't all that, right?

Nobody should be mixing Werekill up with Nich. Nich can slip into some very bad play when people target him and when people don't listen to him, but you know what? Town Werekill really ISN'T all that bad for that. The PMS mentality just makes it look that way, but going deeper you can see the division.

Rest of the post is eh. It doesn't really jump out as scummy and didn't then, though once again he's continuing with that "WAIT HE GOT ON YOU FOR BEING NOOB???? WHERE SHOWMENOW!!" thang. But this is stuff that I could at least see Werekill doing as town.

So I looked at all this and I asked the obvious question -- is this guy literally ****ting me out of his ***? I feel confident, now, that he was in fact doing just that. All the major points I'm bringing up right now were EXPLODING in my brain at the time. And so, I dropped my vote.

But, hell, I gave him a shot. I knew after Bebop I've earned Werekill's respect, and seen it in subtle sucking up over the days. I knew that even in his worst PMS mood Werekill would pay attention to what I have to say. So I dropped him a life jacket tied to a string. I had to leave uni to get home here. Werekill had plenty of time to show me what he's trying to do.

Captain Crybaby Writhes Around While EE is Flexing His Muscles on the Bus for Dollars:

First post after I started on him. More conflation of being defensive/defending yourself.

Juicy part is his reply to my initial "wtf is this I don't even" post.

Werekill said:
Let me clarify.

I'm worried that he'll pull some stuff out of his *** like saying "Oh, you don't know that's a role? Really? Stop pulling the noob card before we lynch you."

There's already a negative connotation between me and anyone saying I'm using the noob card, so if he said that, I would look worse in general. I just want clarification on his intent, that's all.
I could almost -- ALMOST -- see this as town. I really can. He's worried about being set up the bomb and he's trying to inquire to find which way the wind is blowing. Okay. If his earlier post had been less terrible, I might have accepted this explanation.

But once again, that just isn't the vibe he's giving off. His reaction to Virg's pressure in Bebop was so fluid, the OMGUS that developed was slow and considered. Instead he is making wild accusations and then mitigating it in the same breath by saying he just wants clarification.

There's also the incredibly obvious fact that playing the ****ing noob card and doing noob things are NOT THE ****ING SAME, and he KNOWS this. He knows this because all through Bebop, he played the noob card. You know what he said in postgame? That it was all part of his master plan. That he was FALSELY PLAYING THE NOOB CARD.

He knows EXACTLY what the noob card is and what it ientails, and he damn well knows the difference between that and just BEING a noob.

And then he brushes off my assertion that he is, most certainly, ****ting me, and that he should make an effort to not be ****ting me and show me what he's doing. The answer: Looking out for his own ***.

There's also the fact that

For what? Asking for clarification of intent so that I don't do something stupid?
Is completely different from what he was doing initially re: Zonie, even if you are assuming a hypothetical town-Werekill. He was accusing Zonie of trying to set himself up to misconstrue stuff WK does later and push his ML. This was not a mere clarification of intent. It was an accusation. But also he tries to mitigate it. And then revise what he was allegedly doing here, in this post.

Town-WK had transparency and fluidity in his thought processes. He didn't have mixed signals, which slither all over everything he does here.

The pressure begins, with Laundry casting a vote.

Here's Captain Crybaby's next post.

^He continues to try to harp the clarification john. At this point he has completely abandoned his initial accusation, despite that he should ostensibly have more reason than ever to uphold it if he got that much out of an old, offhand comment. Not feelin' it.

But even Werekill can see that his defence isn't getting him anywhere. He's played enough mafia to know that people expect some content. So he haphazardly FoS's Jimbo for a godawful reason.

Look at it. It's clear he just looked for an excuse to throw dirt on the other person taking heat, finagled out an alleged observation, and did it up. I see no sincerity in this point. Just another very marked attempt to hide the fact that self-preservation is #1.

Some of this post is alright.

^But there are issues yet. Werekill continues to defuse his earlier accusations on Zonie, Downplays things as having been concerned about out of game stuff (something he didn't do in Bebop). I think this is him appealing for clemency on his earlier actions because the pressure is continuing (more people have commented, nobody likes his play, and he's now at L-3) and his earlier explanations aren't working.

Playstyle comment is truth. Some of his responses to Soup are fair, like his reply to supposedly "getting at" me (he didn't do that). Kinda wish Soup had gone over his accusations more carefully as it does bother me to see anything remotely agreeable from Werekill, but whatever.

However there's this part, re: getting at Jimbo, which Soup reasons is strange given that Xonar is also on Jimbo, and the thing WK cited in Jimbo's play was him talking about Xonar. Kind of confusing, but I see what Soup asked the question. It was a good question. The answer was not.

And oh, I FoS'd the guy who is against the guy who I just wanted to clarify intent behind something before I moved on? In case you haven't noticed, I don't have a problem with him other than that one bit that is basically cleared up now after he answers one more bit.
In this and also his answer to "getting at" Xonar, Werekill makes the fact clear and undeniable that he's trying to recant his accusation on Xonar from earlier. And yet, he recants it by trying to pave over everything and pretend he was never trying to make an accusation to begin with. I think we can all agree that this is bull****, and the beauty is that in Bebop he would readily and willingly 'fess up when he did shifty **** and got called on it, like OMGUSing, making irrational pushes, and so on. But, no. Werekill sticks to his guns. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

And on it goes...:

I only want to highlight one part of WK's next post.

He continues to stick to his guns on the Xonar recantation but this is the part I want y'all to see:

And yeah, I'm making it a priority for now because, you know, I'm at L-3. As previously stated, I'm still reading up and trying to figure out my opinions anyway.
This is Werekill continuing to try to obfuscate the fact that his concern is self-preservational. A very vivid one, too. He gets called out on it by Gorf, and because it has been pointed out, Werekill puts on his best poker face, acknowledges it (sort of... it's "a priority), and then quickly adds that he's "trying to figure out [his] opinions". In the same situation, Bebop Werekill would be straight up about defending his position when put in the pocket, and I believe that took place at one point as well. He wouldn't try to glaze it with things like HEY MAN I'M STILL WORKIN ON IT. If all he has is self-defence (which is the case), he admits it. If he actually has other **** to say, he says it while defending himself. This is right in between and does nothing but, you guessed it, defend himself.

So Soup has voted WK. In his next post, Captain Crybaby continues to strawman the point that he is being overly defensive about literally everything. I hate to admit it, but I can see this from town-Werekill, at least. He may understand the difference between being defensive and defending yourself, but I do believe that his ego would cause him to refuse to accept this particular point, because it's an affront to his emotional play (and therefore, his emotions/self) and not, as he sees it, his play. So, sure. This is a second thought.

But then, of course, in the same post he cites his other ****ing scum game as his alibi for his emotional behavior. Wart. Dumb-or-scum, that one, but after all I've seen and pointed out I still don't like it.

There's also the fact that by this point Werekill has PLENTY of time to pull back the emo bull**** and reach lucidity, which I'd have expected ages ago in Bebop if not by now, and which still hasn't ****in' happened.

And then he replaced out.

Emotionality as Manipulative vs Bare Emotionality:

This is where it becomes alllllll about the emo and play just disappears almost entirely. So let me tell you some more about Werekill's meta, as this section is probably better off dealt with summarily than on a post by post nature (plus I'm on the verge of late for work right now, heh).

So to give you perspective, and help y'all see mine, I'm going to talk about Bebop some more. But, specifically, the WORST WEREKILL GOT in Bebop. I mentioned before how the point where Werekill started playing the whiny "wah you won't listen to me your jerks f u" card came when we were lynching someone that wasn't his personal pick. This is ALSO the point where his play became truly, unbearably whiny and AtE-ridden.

And you know what it culminated in? When frozenflame the SK got hammered over WK's cop-guilty-Circus, he threatened to post his role PM and modkill himself. His reaction to his whiny emo "everyone in the world is against me" scenario went in the completely opposite direction of here. In that game he was sincerely frustrated and spiteful, and the abrupt and jerka***** move he wanted to make went AGAINST his wincon. And once again, it was a very slow deterioration that got him to this point, and almost understandable.

Compare that to here. He quickly started focusing on asinine bull****, and having started the game on the verge of eruption, promptly did so. And got worse. There's no fluidity. This didn't DEVELOP. It just HAPPENED. This is because Werekill is not a clever person, and so he thinks scumhunting as scum is about being petty and finding some ****** minutia to focus on. But his instincts, his self-preservation, all these things betrayed him. His eruption here is completely different from Bebop. And yet... it's similar to UTrick'd. Almost identical in some ways, including requesting replacement. Well ain't that a thing?

As scum in UTrick'd, he threatened to replace out. That was a manipulative move using his emotionality as a teflon shield to ADVANCE his wincon. In this game, if Werekill is scum, can you really see much of a difference? He *****es and moans, and when he realizes that that is his entire bag of tricks and isn't working, he leaves. If a better player takes his place -- which would be the case -- he has advanced the wincon. I think Werekill is replacing out for the simple reason that his death would harm his faction igreatly (not the case as town).

In Bebop, as town, he VERY slowly deteriorated to the point he reached quickly in this game (and in UTrick'd), and when it came down to it, his spiteful whiny emo reaction was to threaten to modkill himself. Something that would HARM his faction. Therein lies the sincerity of the frustration.

That isn't to say there isn't ANY sincere frustration here. But I think the root of it, the root of Werekill's actions, is the fact that he is scum and can't handle the spotlight, hates the feeling of being in it, while scum. As town he still plays badly, but it is NOTHING LIKE THIS.

All of Werekill's emo actions, from requesting replacement on, help his faction if he is mafia. I've been over the replacement. What have we done since then? Talk amongst ourselves about a few things, one of those things being what we want to do with the replacement. AND whether we're willing to lynch said replacement for WK's behavior. And oh hey, here's Werekill. He just has this driving need to continue posting and continue defending himself in the interim. Posting in this mafia game, mafia being what he hates oh so much and never wants to do again.

This post is a good example. Despite being like RIGHT AFTER he requested replacement, he comes in and throws up this acidic, whiny, tear-crusted vitriol. And look at what it does. LOOK AT WHAT IT DOES. It DEFENDS HIS ACTIONS SOME MORE. It whines and AtE's and tries to manipulate you into thinking you're just an evil boorish troll trampling all over everything he does, even though Captain Crybaby is doing things that, in his own words, "[aren't] scummy, as shown by (reasonable argument here)."

What a jerk you are, guy! And man, there's a replacement on the horizon, too! Well, ****. Maybe we should give 'em a pass! I mean, we were being SUCH JERKS before. And now Werekill's gone!

**** that ****. I don't like it. I don't buy it.

And so on. The problem is extremely worsened when you have a "leader" like Gorf in U'Trickd who everyone goes along with without providing much reasoning. His reasons might be faulty, but once a wagon gets going, you might as well get ready to die.
That excerpt is particularly hilarious because Gorf nailed him to the ****ing WALL in that game and his reasons were solid.

Everything Werekill is doing is structured to make us feel bad about and second-guess the idea that he should be the lynch. Everything is self-preservational. Every self-preservational action is MADE TO LOOK LIKE IT ISN'T. In this case, a diatribe of bull**** about how mafia is supposedly played. Which it of course isn't, but that's neither here nor there.

Meanwhile he pulls out all the stops. He shoots Ryker a PM. Contacts me on AIM. This **** is manipulative! Disgustingly so, and although he cheated in Bebop, he never did THIS in the game. He never used his emotional nature and AtE to manipulate. It just happened.

This post shows his intention to talk to me about Bebop. Frankly I think he's full of ****. I think he was going to go on his merry way talking about THIS game but he'd just dance around telling me his alignment and assume that that makes it okay. And he would, of course, defend his play. But hell, even if he's telling the truth, he wants to talk to me about Bebop. Y'know, that ONE TOWN GAME HE PLAYED THAT I PLAYED. Which is obviously going to inform how I see him as a TOWNIE. And he wants to talk about that! Huh, well isn't that a curiosity! He'd certainly have plenty of opportunities to try to manipulate me in the conversation, and I feel he WOULD have. And remember, Werekill v Circus was TvS. That was OBVIOUSLY going to factor into the conversation.

It's manipulation. That's all it is.

And you know what the best part was? Werekill, who has SURELY quit mafia forever by now, felt COMPELLED to post because I called him out for contacting me in the thread. My intention was definitely to incriminate him in the process, because I thought it smelled like ****. I think Werekill got particularly defensive here and thus felt a need to reply. Guilty conscience and all that.

There's a smattering of other terrible post-quittin'time posts from Werekill, but I think you get the idea. His play has grinded, CONSTANTLY, against the mentality I have profiled for Werekill-town. By being able to punch through what he does with emotionality as either alignment, you're also given more than enough non-meta scummy behavior to merit his lynch.

So in the words of the great Samuel L. Jackson, yes, he deserves to die, and I hope he burns in hell.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Eesh, get a drink and a sammie before you read that one. Diving to the center of emo AtE muck is a job and a half, though.

By the way, a point I forgot to mention, but the replacement situation bothers me too. There's no comparison for me to make but Lost Almost-Mafia. I felt like there were pretty sexy odds on Jerkuscum. And then he got replaced by J. And we all told ourselves J wouldn't survive longer on the basis of being a replacement. But you know what? He ****ing did. J played bad, lurked, and then he got bingo-lynched.

I smell the possibility of that happening here, and I hate it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Holy crap. I was looking at the first two points and decided to scroll down to see how much longer it was. That's considered an EE wall right?

I'm going to get some dinner before making my way through that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Eesh, get a drink and a sammie before you read that one. Diving to the center of emo AtE muck is a job and a half, though.

By the way, a point I forgot to mention, but the replacement situation bothers me too. There's no comparison for me to make but Lost Almost-Mafia. I felt like there were pretty sexy odds on Jerkuscum. And then he got replaced by J. And we all told ourselves J wouldn't survive longer on the basis of being a replacement. But you know what? He ****ing did. J played bad, lurked, and then he got bingo-lynched.

I smell the possibility of that happening here, and I hate it.
Keep in mind that I stuck my neck waaaaaaaay out to save him.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That's actually a pretty good point. It's a common phenomenon though, and it worries me just the same.

Anyways, I'm off to work. I hope there are fewer drunk indians this time

Kantrip

Kantplay
I went through it as well. I don't know the correlations to Bebop mafia but if those can be verified (Ryker were you in that game?) then I'm sure they are just as sound as the UTrick'd correlations that I can already see.

My vote can be considered on Werekill until my actual vote is good to go on there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bebop was a Broom game. Ask GLife if you need clarification. The conclusions I drew based on what I've heard EE say about the game don't line up with what I pieced together, but I think that's on me. I think I'm the only one who's ever actually lied about meta to an extent like that and I was doing it in a game where the only players on the site who could turn me in were on my scum team.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey guys, I'm nearly caught u-

>EE wall

Fml

In all seriousness though, I'm off work tomorrow, so ill be able to contribute and hopefully not fall behind the rest of the Day

:phone:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Read it. I'm sold.

But this still begs the question: should we really continue this day much longer? I mean, usually days go so long for town to find the best lynch possible, but it's going to take a guy jumping 20 feet in the air and screaming "I'M SCUM" at the decibel level of an AC/DC concert for me to even consider anyone other than Werekill at this point. That's just how badly Werekilled played and just how obvious his alignment was, and I know I'm not alone in this sentiment.

Likewise, I don't want him to get replaced if he is our lynch for today. I don't want another player to walk into the same situation I had in Walgreens. I hated every second of it, and I don't want Stew to be put into the same situation. Likewise, I don't want this to be another Jerkus-J situation from Lost. It could effectively delay his lynch and I really don't want to give scum more time to push an M/L at the last second.

Granted, there's three players who have yet to post and a fourth who has yet to post anything of consequence. I do want to hear from this players before I'd even say "go ahead and hammer him." I want GorfvRyker to flesh out a bit more (going to comment on that in a second). But we've got our lynch, and our lynchee has left the game, preventing the paper trails from really developing further. What else could we possibly need beyond that?

Top Bottom