• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
JM, why the hell are you self-voting? You think Xonar is just playing you right now? Don't answer, it's rhetorical, tell what you think his intentions would be to play you right now.
I already unvoted after I got my Gif.
His intention to play me right now is, in my opinion, to get a read off me. He'd do this as both scum and town, town to see if I'm scum, scum to see if I'd be an easy fall-back lynch.
Jimbo work with me.

Tell me exactly what you think Xonar is doing. Tell me why.
See what I posted above. I think Xonar is feeling me up (lel).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Xonar your argument is counter-active, you think as scum I would put myself so loosely if you were actually cop? No, I would be more likely to vote him without hesistation so I didn't leave any trails.

"Some guy claimed cop in RVS"
"SOUNDS LEGIT"

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't think Soup is scum with Jim at all actually. If Jim is scum, he must be noob scum to fall so easily into that cop trap and I don't see noob scum dropping connections to their partners in their first post.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1.1 - With 13 alive it take 7 to lynch!

Xonar [0]
Soup [1] - JTB
Werekill [0]
Kantrip [0]
JTB [0]
WashedLaundry [0]
Jim Morrison [3] - Xonar, Evil Eye, Gorf
Ryker [0]
Evil Eye [0]
J [0]
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [0]
marshy [1] - Soup

Not Voting [8] - Werekill, Kantrip, WashedLaundry, Jim Morrison, Ryker, J, Glyph, marshy

Deadline has been set for March 10th @ 11:59PM EST

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Elaborate on "dislike".
What do you think about night kill speculation and drawing conclusions/connections from a flip? Why is the second not included? Do you even look for connections when scumhunting?
Dislike: Do I not like the way he's playing the game? Lots of gambits etc.
Truth to be told, I hardly look at connections because I have no idea what to make of them. Others point them out, I see it. I look at it myself, I find myself in a web of nothingness.
Because I thought you wanted what I was looking in for a lynch on D1, without a flip.
Alright, why Werekill? You never played with him.
Ever played with Marshy? Which game?
Werekill because I've never played with him, nor seen a game.
Marshy because I have seen him play a long time ago, but no idea what he does.
Oh, so you're on different sides? The only way you'd know that is if you're either scum or indy.
Way to misinterpret dawg. If I were partners with him, I'd be scum with him. Wanting to play on my side means playing town, without anyone besides me (or confirmed townies) to trust.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't think Soup is scum with Jim at all actually. If Jim is scum, he must be noob scum to fall so easily into that cop trap and I don't see noob scum dropping connections to their partners in their first post.
He did the exact opposite, he's acting completely confused to the whole situation, which is what is probably bothering Xonar and myself. The way he responded seemed almost deer in headlights for no reason.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No, I have to occupy my vote here, I'm doing for the sake of gurren laggan when we speedwagoned marshy right out of RVS.

To answer your question, 10. I'm going to be so town that it will hurt.
So I'm thoroughly expecting this to be bad Soup rather than good Soup. I mean, c'mon, Marshy wasn't even in TTGL.

#HBC | ѕoup

You don't remember in RVS where we quick-wagoned marshy as a joke? Damn shame.

What do you think about JM/Xonar escapade right now, let's talk current.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Washed, Soup is town.

Vote Jim and tomorrow we get JTB and will look at Soup. I promise I'll stay alert if that pleases you.

Replying to Jim soon. Kinda got busy.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dislike: Do I not like the way he's playing the game? Lots of gambits etc.
Truth to be told, I hardly look at connections because I have no idea what to make of them. Others point them out, I see it. I look at it myself, I find myself in a web of nothingness.
Because I thought you wanted what I was looking in for a lynch on D1, without a flip.
Alright, bad wording. The flip of a lynched person, why is that not in your list?

Way to misinterpret dawg. If I were partners with him, I'd be scum with him. Wanting to play on my side means playing town, without anyone besides me (or confirmed townies) to trust.
I don't buy it. What now?

Why aren't you hunting scum, Jim?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Hey Zonie, if you think I'm scum, how about you present your case BEFORE getting people to vote me?
It would make me happy.
I seriously don't like this post, but that might be because it's more stupid than telling.

Still though, it's really obvious that if Bronar's playing his hand straight, his information stems from his role, and Morrison's trying to draw it out of him in any way possible. Not sure how I completely feel, but the bad vibes are here.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Kay.

But you didn't give me the why.

@Laundreh: What games have you played with Xonar bro?
The why is to get a read off me, because that's what town does, or to figure out if I'm an easy lynch, which is what scum does.
Since Xonar is probably being serious with wanting to lynch me, I honestly can't see his town intent anymore.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Jimbo I asked why you think he's doing what he's doing. Giving me both of the scenarios and their respective reasons is not the right answer. It's a fancy non-answer.

:crossarms:

You don't see the town intent anymore. Okay. Tell me what you ARE seeing, as I didn't ask for what you DON"T.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
and xonar I have literally no idea what the **** anything in that post means so I'm going to chalk it up to weaboo nonsense and ignore it :mad:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Jim Morrison is scum. Soup/JTB are possibly partners. Will look into them.
Can you elaborate more where you're getting this from? General context seems to insinuate the opposite and I really don't want to get into a grammatical debate in mafia.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Can you elaborate more where you're getting this from? General context seems to insinuate the opposite and I really don't want to get into a grammatical debate in mafia.
Which part do I have to elaborate and why does the general context insinuate the opposite?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Xonar your argument is counter-active, you think as scum I would put myself so loosely if you were actually cop? No, I would be more likely to vote him without hesistation so I didn't leave any trails.

"Some guy claimed cop in RVS"
"SOUNDS LEGIT"
What, no, **** this. Get those "IF I WERE X, I'D DO Y" arguments outta here.

#HBC | ѕoup

Xonar attacked me, I attacked back. Read that post again and tell me you can't see what i'm saying. It's not about if I was X I would do Y, it's more about I am X and here is why I would do Y.

#HBC | ѕoup

man, just realized the huge grammar **** in that sentence. X is my figuratively saying i'm town and I did Y to defend myself.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Jimbo I asked why you think he's doing what he's doing. Giving me both of the scenarios and their respective reasons is not the right answer. It's a fancy non-answer.

:crossarms:

You don't see the town intent anymore. Okay. Tell me what you ARE seeing, as I didn't ask for what you DON"T.
In the past few weeks, I've talked a lot about mafia with Xonar, during which we realized I am a massive noob and horrible at this game. He's helped me out and given me great advices, but also knows all the points in mafia I'm terrible at.
What I am seeing is him using this meta to incriminate me. First off, it's immedeately putting pressure on me (the weakest player in my honest opinion), and he mentions thinking he's cop in the same post.
My conclusion: "Xonar is cop and got a guilty on me somehow? But hey, that doesn't seem right, I'm town. Let me inquire about this."

He then asks me about reading, KNOWING that reading is one of my terrible skills, forcing me to admit I suck at this. Oh hey look, more incriminating evidence to push an easy lynch my way.
Same done for asking "do you look for connections", we've also talked about that beforehand.

What I'm seeing isn't town Xonar trying to get a read, what I'm seeing is Xonar baiting me into the easiest mislynch he can think of.

Vote: Xonar

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Wow the headaches are off to an early start here.

Ditch the algebra. Soup, what games have you played with Bronar? What did you learn about reading him in them?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Which part do I have to elaborate and why does the general context insinuate the opposite?
No he's not. No, I'd like to continue playing on my side of the game.
Just the "He didn't say town, he said his side, obviously not town!" thing. This sentence insinuates that he doesn't want partners in general. I don't get mafia, but I get plenty of indy vibes from a statement like that.

Now that I'm caught up, I'll steal Soup's words: Morrison's playing like a deer in the headlights. I just don't know if such a reaction's baseless or not. I think it's overly-reactionary to walk in here and freak out at someone voting you because he's "like a cop" or he "thinks he's the cop" but at the same time, I don't know if it's beyond Morrison's skill level to react differently. The thing that's particularly telling is that he's not angry, which is usually a reaction to such events. I just don't see the scumslip and it's too early to see thoroughly scum intent. Just a lot of badtown play.

I could be wrong, and this isn't me saying I like Jim or think he deserves a pass. This is just me saying I don't see it--yet.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Reply to my three questions, Jim.
He's helped me out and given me great advices, but also knows all the points in mafia I'm terrible at.
I know no such things, the only thing I know is that you're bad.

What I am seeing is him using this meta to incriminate me. First off, it's immedeately putting pressure on me (the weakest player in my honest opinion), and he mentions thinking he's cop in the same post.
My conclusion: "Xonar is cop and got a guilty on me somehow? But hey, that doesn't seem right, I'm town. Let me inquire about this."
Putting pressure on you early was a good move, I bet everyone agrees to this.
I'm simply not satisfied with you.

He then asks me about reading, KNOWING that reading is one of my terrible skills, forcing me to admit I suck at this. Oh hey look, more incriminating evidence to push an easy lynch my way.
Same done for asking "do you look for connections", we've also talked about that beforehand.
Being bad at reading is incriminating now?

What I'm seeing isn't town Xonar trying to get a read, what I'm seeing is Xonar baiting me into the easiest mislynch he can think of.

It's disgusting how you turned this around.

Just to repeat, I'll let Kantrip decide whether you're scum or not. I swear that guy should come online soon.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
man, just realized the huge grammar **** in that sentence. X is my figuratively saying i'm town and I did Y to defend myself.
X is the variable for alignment, Y is the variable for action you would or wouldn't commit as that alignment. I see people cite what they would or wouldn't do as scum or town all the ****ing time and I hate it because there's no damn proof for it. You could just as easily be lying as you could be telling the truth and I ****ing hate red herrings.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Alright Jimbob. Nice to see flesh and direction, even if I had to jab you in the kidney for it.

I'm still left pretty damn thirsty though. Why do you think Xonar would commit to his ML so early? With a move like this he can't count on any other players to hide among during the push. It's all Zoning Violation all the time.

More importantly, though, you guys have apparently talked extensively about meta and yet the things he uses as soft spots to try to make you vulnerable are so... null.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah EE I dunno what I thinking as I made that sentence, I always was bad at math.

It's not even really about Xonar, it's just the pure context, how everything is going on and how he is playing off of it, I thought the way I'm responding would make it clear as to how I felt, but I guess not.

I don't think Xonar is actually cop, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me. The intentions are one thing to talk about but the only true intentions I could see Xonar doing this is to bust RVS across the head and to formulate some weird process into a read on JM.

That being said, I don't know what to think of JM, really, I thought him self-voting was really telling he was being passive about it, and how he was answering questions, but now it seems he's getting on the defensive, as he just voted Xonar.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just the "He didn't say town, he said his side, obviously not town!" thing. This sentence insinuates that he doesn't want partners in general. I don't get mafia, but I get plenty of indy vibes from a statement like that.

Now that I'm caught up, I'll steal Soup's words: Morrison's playing like a deer in the headlights. I just don't know if such a reaction's baseless or not. I think it's overly-reactionary to walk in here and freak out at someone voting you because he's "like a cop" or he "thinks he's the cop" but at the same time, I don't know if it's beyond Morrison's skill level to react differently. The thing that's particularly telling is that he's not angry, which is usually a reaction to such events. I just don't see the scumslip and it's too early to see thoroughly scum intent. Just a lot of badtown play.

I could be wrong, and this isn't me saying I like Jim or think he deserves a pass. This is just me saying I don't see it--yet.
Why would a towny not want partners? I love people that I can trust and bounce ideas off of.

Besides, are you implying that you are beginning to see it? In that case, why don't you give me a more detailed report of Jim's play. You know how I love bullet lists even more than I love Bullet Punches, so one of those would be swell.

Top Bottom