• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Habits?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
From what I've seen almost every player has little habits.....wether they be good or bad. Their is nothing wrong w/ having them, since we are just human.
So what I'm wondering is what are other peoples habits. Do your habits get you "killed" or help you?

My habit is retreating aerials. I can't help it. And it's usually helps me. :)
Or
Sometimes I'll wiff a pivot grab out of the blue.

Johning used to be a very bad habit of mine. I would abuse the c-stick like there's no tomorrow..

Also, I tend to overuse aerials and attack the air most of the time. I guess going up against someone has me excited sometimes :/.

The first one helped me, of course. But, I became a very bad person to brawl against as a result of that. As for the second habit...Well, that was easy for some of my friends to abuse, and I've lost matches because of that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I have a habit of getting up on the ledge after 100%. If you don't know, when above 100%, your getup action is very slow and is very very punishable.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I tend to do shieldcamp and grab a lot when I'm at killing %. It's a great habit, mind you!

A bad habit, well, I guess it's that even when my opponent proves to me time and again that this one approach won't work on them, I find myself doing it again later on in the game with the hopes of catching them off-guard... Only to find myself punished yet again.

Zubiri

Smash Rookie
I have the habit of shielding a lot and grabbing them after they've failed their hit. Better player yes but my brother gets really annoyed .

-Ran

Smash Master
On occasion, I initiate dash too close to my opponent, and thus can't bring up shield in time to block attacks that I knew were coming, and would have perfect shielded.

highfive

Smash Lord
I have the habit of chasing my opponent but wanting to play defensively.

I tried to use pure offense and did a lot better then I usually do.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have the habit of approaching too much. Perhaps it's b/c I play chars with crappy projectiles, but I've got to camp more. <3 DMG

~Lady Luck~

Smash Cadet
Washington (no, there's no shiny vampires here)
When playing as Peach, the moment I realize that the opponent is fast-falling so they can safely recover to the stage with their B+Up move, I pick up a Turnip and Z-Drop it to interrupt their path. If they're already on the ledge, I Z-Drop it to where they'll get up. This is a good habit.

Bad habit? Taking the risk of adding the Parasol attack to my aerial combos. It's too risky. It sometimes works, but if it doesn't I know for sure that I'll get juggled in the air.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
i used to have a really really bad habit of rolling directly behind people... snake players set me straight on why i shouldnt do that... now i only do it if i can not get ***** afterwards

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Alot of times when i get hit by a move that isn't very strong I jump asap, thats def not a good habit.

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
good habit: using my 2 frame jab and shielding their attempts to punish with marth's F-Air or Up-B.
bad habbit: I tend to D-air peoples shields and get grabbed or any other type of OoS.

dcubed

Smash Rookie
I have such a tough time with my shielding. If the player doesn't catch it through the match, and or doesn't adjust well to it, it can be a decent habit. But, any good player can see to just grab me, and I get very easily punished, which forces me to try something else. Problem is, I always need to get punished to change it up! Then again, that isn't too bad, since I change the style quickly.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
Good: Short hopping.

Indifferent: Air dodging right after getting hit.

Bad: Waiting for the player to get back on the stage rather than attacking them while they are near the ledge. I get too... scared, for lack of a better word.

Aibou

Smash Master
I tend to be very predictable when recovering and playing on the ledge. Usually when I'm tossed offstage, I'm either coming back badly punished, or not coming back at all XD

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Good habit: JJC with fox
Bad habit: Shine Stalling too much and I get punished for it.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Indifferent: Air dodging right after getting hit.
This is a bad habit actually. It can guarantee followups if you're at lower percent or it can worsen your recovery for momentum canceling. You should probably work on that.

My bad habit is when I am unsure of what my opponent will do next, I end up sitting in my shield.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Airplanking until I feel calm enough to return to the fight.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bad habit : trying to land the same move over and over again.

Good habit : not posting GBD material on the tactical boards >.>

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
I have terrible habits. My overall WORST is that I practically LIVE in my shield 90% of the time. I don't know how I picked it up, and I can't stop doing it.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Bad Habit-When trying to edgehog someone i always roll back onto the stage before they are out of range to grab the ledge.

Plummn

Smash Cadet
Dodging in the air instead of DIing when smashed, and too many aerial attacks.

Top Bottom