• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Habits?

Midnight Shadows

Smash Cadet
I have a bad habit of short hopping d-airs instead of b-airs with Game and Watch, and when I grab I usually pummel even if my opponent's at too low a percentage to guarantee a pummel and a throw =x

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
Bad Habit-When trying to edgehog someone i always roll back onto the stage before they are out of range to grab the ledge.
OMG I KNOW! i hate when i do that. especially if they are just falling. good thing falco's roll onto the stage > 100% takes like 5 hours.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Most of these 'habits' are tactics and not habits. Habits are thing you do pseudo-involuntarily.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Bad habit: I never shieldgrab correctly... I always let my shield down then press z...

Good habit: I involuntarily camp always. I don't approach. Ever. I do bait though :D

kbear

Smash Cadet
But that's what I do all the time! Captain Falcon anyways.

No wonder I main Marth.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I have a bad habit of being fancy over smart when playing as wolf and when I'm snake i like spamming grenades even when its not helping anything. other than that i sandbag really bad in matches where nothing is on the line

Demp

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I DI into the opponent a lot and get grabbed/smashed... when I could have DI'd away from him or onto the ledge...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I have a nasty habit of rolling behind my opponent. It doesn't usually get punished... but I know eventually it will, so it's bad.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
mizu why are you here lol, these people are just confessing bad habits, they know its bad so why do you still advice them on it xd

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
My habbit is me doing dairs when I get knocked into the air and di'ing late.
I actually do it online offline I seem to not do it.:laugh:

But I have noticed One habbit and it makes me laugh alot.
80% snake users always start the match with a grenade and that is like instant 13% damage if the opponent has a projectiles.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Using Fox's reflector to try to recover correctly when you are trying to get back on stage against MARTH! With Wolf it's all about trying to reposition myself for bairs

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
when i tech an attack i tend to tech roll towards the opponent, BAD idea, especially when a snake knows you're going to do it and fsmashes you O_O

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I have a bad habit of picking Wolf at the character screen. If I could break this habit...I might get better =S
wow arc, and i thought we had it bad... you should just quit brawl, you're not going to recover from that, sorry man

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
But Sakurai says you must recover!

Anyways, I know I have a few rolling habits, not many, but they're there. I'm not sure if this is necessarily a habit, but I sometimes Fsmash out of habit, but I misjudge it so I THINK I'm going to catch them out of whatever (Ending lag, airdodge w/e), but yeah. I also get into patterns on the ledge too, I'll start just using one option, and that's kind of bad.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
well, being aware of your bad habits is step #1 to eliminating them, so
i tend to spotdodge when someone runs up on me
i always play somewhat aggro, even if im ahead. (really really working on this)
not getting correct sleep before a tournament

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
I have a bad habbit about forgetting usefull moves, and getting to obsessed with 1 or 2 moves.
and i never ever roll, even if its the best option, because i used to overroll before x)

Top Bottom