• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide To Re-Spray Painting your controllers for melee(Updated 4/3/07)

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhm andy your controler is FING SEXY. not as metalic as i hoped, but reallly shiny. white is annoying to paint cuz it shows dust lol. il post a pic.

i need a name for my company.

so far will jusjested Twisted Paint :S

i need somthing cathy that i can make a logo for. its just a general modding company, but right now im focusing on painting and visual mods, not so much mod chips and stuff.

yeahhhh

and hers my controlar

Oracle

Smash Master
duplicolour= win.

you spray it on, wait 15 minutes, do anotehr coat, repaet, 30 min dry inbetween colours. ready to use in a day, built in clear coat smooth, glossy, can be metalic, and durable.
Wait.....what?
Why would I put a color on top of another color?

WIGI

Smash Champion
well if you were doing patterns or stenciles or fades.

and in the case of my green controler, tehres a base coat, silver, then the green is kinda clear, so teh sparkly silver chows through and it makes sparkly green,

Oracle

Smash Master

and in the case of my green controler, tehres a base coat, silver, then the green is kinda clear, so teh sparkly silver chows through and it makes sparkly green,
Oh ok then.
I still need ideas for a dry bowser themed controller. I was thinking a red and black gradient, but idk.

WIGI

Smash Champion
if i get time il photshop you a good desing.. are you thinking of painting a pick of dry boswer on it??? or just like.. colous that look liek dry bowser.

WIGI

Smash Champion
deosn't sound hard, just find an 8 bit pic, map out each square individualy, draw it on to controler thne eather use square stencil or paint on by hand. then clearcoat it once its dry.

Oracle

Smash Master
deosn't sound hard, just find an 8 bit pic, map out each square individualy, draw it on to controler thne eather use square stencil or paint on by hand. then clearcoat it once its dry.
I was thinking of getting the pic, drawing it on a piece of paper by each square, trace onto the controller, then put on coats of paint according to the colors. But your idea is good too.

I think the skin could work, but it would be hard.

WIGI

Smash Champion
problem with laysers is

a. it takes a long time
b. if theres alot of colours it gets super thick.

i say try ti thoa n dif it doesn't work sand it off and try again

WIGI

Smash Champion
im glad you liek ti andy, i was worried you wouldn't liek having falcon over the buttons, btus it way mroe unique

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice

if i get time il photshop you a good desing.. are you thinking of painting a pick of dry boswer on it??? or just like.. colous that look liek dry bowser.
ah... i think painted controelr would look nicer than a sticker, but its your choice
problem with laysers is

a. it takes a long time
b. if theres alot of colours it gets super thick.

i say try ti thoa n dif it doesn't work sand it off and try again
im glad you liek ti andy, i was worried you wouldn't liek having falcon over the buttons, btus it way mroe unique

just when his typing was beginning to be readable !
=[

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Hey Wigi, when taking off paint to reuse a shell, you mentioned sanding as being the best method? If so is it possible to sand grooves? Like the groove where the button circle things pops out from the middle and also can you get the paint out of the start/pause text and out of the nintendo stuff on the back? thanks.

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhmm yeah sanding is the best method.. as for sanding things like the start/pause words.. no... you may try paint thinner? i unno i hvan't tested teh effects of paint thinner on a shell before, but just paint over it worst thing you may not be able to read the words anymore. big deal.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
So, while having nothing to do with the painting of controllers, I think I found a way to convert the C stick into 4 mini pushbuttons (something I'm rather interested in because I'm much more at home pushing a button than tilting a stick), and with the right parts from an online supplier, I might try to put a prototype together. I'll keep you guys updated on the project if it ever actually gets off the ground.

I'm thinking about ordering a few sets of these buttons. By chance is there anyone else that'd be interested in a mod like this?

WIGI

Smash Champion
Fyaskos a stalker.

buttons for c stick? sofftt.

me and my computer engineer buddy are looking into how to make a controler with, instead of buttons, it has lots of tiny touchpads. so touching ti is just like pressing a button all the way down. it would be so futureistic i love it, but probably uber expensive.

Oracle

Smash Master
Hey wigi can you render in photoshop?

I cant seem to render it at all. I always take his knee away :(
Help would be much appreciated.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i can't do it today, working on my schools yearbook cover, if i get time sned em the link to that image. and let me know if you want the cart with it or not.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i did a stencil, but it was fuzzy, so i did it by hand
then utlined it with a market, let the market sit for a while, then without sumudging it i clearcoated it.

lol andy your controler was a guinie pig for whether or nto marker canbe used xD

and yeah i play both games, i enjoy brawl doubles and melee w.e best, btu i do play braqwl singles for fun ro when i ahve money.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i finished the render thing. it was a low res image but i did what i could. u have photoshopright?

Top Bottom