• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

I.B

Smash Lord
Yo Anthony, if that gif was from the movie I'm thinking of... :grrr:

The Happening SUCKED

Sanu

Smash Champion
Josh, I think I found your Wii/Wii bag.

It is black and blue with gray edges, correct? It was in my living room off in the corner and I don't think anyone else owns anything that classy for hardware transportation.
Yeah that's it! I thiught I left it somewhere... Can I come by and pick it up today?

idea

Smash Master
alright guys, remember how i said my laptop was making a clicking noise, and various people told me it was the hard drive?

well, it was. that was covered by the warranty. it turns out that's the 4th major thing that went wrong with it, and a clause in the warranty says that if your computer breaks more than 3 times, they have to give you a new one.

SO. assuming HP eventually sends them the paperwork, i SHOULD be able to get a new laptop.
my options, from what i saw, are:

- Sony (Vaio) (but these all seemed to still have Vista and most had Windows 7 installed already)
- Toshiba (Satellite)
- Acer
- HP (Pavilion, maybe one other type?)
- Samsung

thoughts?

edit: they all sounded more than fast enough for my non-pc-gaming needs, so i'm more interested in things like how likely it is to break on me, and...well, i guess that's it really, they all seemed pretty good and i can compare hdd size and whatnot in-store. more interested in which brands tend to be best.

i have some ideas about what i want already, but some of you might know more about this stuff than me.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Toshiba is an awesome brand. I'd go with them. In fact, my friend just got a Toshiba Satellite after his HP died. I'm currently using a Satellite of my own and I don't have any issues with it.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah I can't make it today since I'm going to my parents place so I'll come and pick it up tomorrow.

idea

Smash Master
Toshiba is an awesome brand. I'd go with them. In fact, my friend just got a Toshiba Satellite after his HP died. I'm currently using a Satellite of my own and I don't have any issues with it.
i was thinking of getting a satellite =) toshiba and sony seem like the best of the ones i listed and the vaios tended to have vista on them instead of windows 7, and i think they are overall more expensive. i probably don't get too much credit toward a new laptop since mine is so old and they're going to evaluate its worth compared to the ones on sale these days.

5 hours of handing out resumes. God ****
sucks. did you apply to anywhere online?

.Marik

is a social misfit
5 hours of handing out resumes. God ****
I feel your misery.

Not to mention it was boiling hot outside and I had to walk around dressed like a ****** for several hours without any water or food.

This is why people rob banks. Not surprising.

It's impossible to get a job in Meadowvale.

sauc3

Smash Lord

idea

Smash Master
Sony sucks, don't get it. Don't make the same mistake I did.
heh k, makes my decision easier. why, though? as far as i know i've only heard good things about sony, especially sony vaios.

I hear good things from Toshiba. No complaints from anyone i know who uses it.
duly noted.

here's the thread josh, keep in mind no-one posts on those forums, but attendance will be big, we can probably get around 20-30 people for melee from london, st marys and chatham, and if GTA shows, it'll draw people and it could get pretty big

http://western-ega.com/forums/m/155765/viewthread/114464-biggest-thing-to-hit-wega-mega-lan-party

I can probably run the melee event, only they have it rented from 5pm till 5pm, which is awkward
dude, you know what would get a lot of people...bring some girls. i don't know how, but that would be nice.

Desh

Smash Ace
I don't practice D: Fk practice.
Whats happening this weekend? I'm quite sure I have nothing to do on saturday due to floppy girlfriends.
I mean, I haven't ASKED her if shes doing anything... I'm just assuming she can't.
o.O

Top Bottom