• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
if i could meteor cancel that reliably then sure =P falcons don't dair me offstage anyway, because it doesn't work. in those cases they should have kneed, or upaired, or not jumped off at all. and they don't dair me when i'm onstage and we're both in the air, because in those situations, either upair is beating it, or the other guy has leet hax and i was expecting upair to beat it.

wall/ledge tech to rest sounds fun, though =D

idea

Smash Master
youtube said:
bordens47 (21 minutes ago) 0 Reply | Spam
*racism*
keik (4 hours ago) 0 Reply | Spam
that guy is ****ing hot
MentalSentinel (5 hours ago) 0 Reply | Spam
This is why girls shouldn't be allowed to have self-esteem.
yeah, youtube is great

--------------------------------

how is everyone getting to grmo's biweekly?
i would post in the thread about it, but i just posted there, and no one will read it if i edit it.

--------------------------------

\/ edit: yeah, i know, i was trying to separate the post out =) 'smore obvious now.

Darcia

Smash Rookie
how is everyone getting to grmo's biweekly?
i would post in the thread about it, but i just posted there, and no one will read it if i edit it.
I have no idea on anything aout this. I am totally in the dark.

edit; p.s. I am only watching, not playing.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
and they don't dair me when i'm onstage
....wat.... i have a 0 to death combo on u recorded saturday that 2 dairs in it :D

kyle u should get greedy and combo more :D i'll upload the matches i played wit mike today vs my jiggs and u can c all the greedy s*** i go for :D it might give u some greedy ideas of ur own :D

idea

Smash Master
....wat.... i have a 0 to death combo on u recorded saturday that 2 dairs in it :D

kyle u should get greedy and combo more :D i'll upload the matches i played wit mike today vs my jiggs and u can c all the greedy s*** i go for :D it might give u some greedy ideas of ur own :D
no, i mean, dair when we're both high up. you use it for techchasing and when i'm near the ground. which is good =) but doesn't involve meteor canceling at all.

i could probably go for crazier combos. thing is my character is slow as hell. so they don't work. but upload them anyway, maybe it will give me ideas.

and...the ones i had vs. you, and vs. mike, and i had one where i beat bernard on tape =P it's surrounded by a few of him 3-stocking me or something.

idea

Smash Master
I just thought.

For the Teen Titans crew video.

We need to have clips of the person talking/in real life before the combo vid starts, like how DBR did it.

We could also rip off their intro, with the panning over the character drawings, but that's not as fun and has already been done, so I suggest we don't, and instead use lots of teen titans (the show) clips.

Sanu

Smash Champion
ATTN: Peoples who played Brawl+ at Kyle's place on Saturday (Kyle, David and Mike <_<)

Please go to the Brawl+ thread and post your comments/criticisms! I posted most of my thoughts on this page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204677&page=670, but I and the Brawl+ community would really appreciate if you guys could post your feedback as well. It would help further the game and aid in improving, balancing and creating a more enjoyable version of Brawl for all of us. I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR POSTS! >=)

... ^_^

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
I just thought.

For the Teen Titans crew video.

We need to have clips of the person talking/in real life before the combo vid starts, like how DBR did it.

We could also rip off their intro, with the panning over the character drawings, but that's not as fun and has already been done, so I suggest we don't, and instead use lots of teen titans (the show) clips.
we should take a clip from the show and replace the audio wit our own vocies :D

Sanu

Smash Champion
loldouble

ATTN: MIKE! Could you please bring your Gamecube controller screw driver to the York event this Wednesday? I'm going to be frankensteining a bunch of controllers I have. Let me know if you'll be able to bring it. Thanks! ^-^

D

Deleted member

says it was delorted. what did it say?

This posting has been deleted by its author.
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

idea

Smash Master
oh. crap =P

"Writer Needs Part Time Helper/Assistant

Reply to: job-empfq-1091185026@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-25, 10:41AM EDT

I am a writer who is in need of an assistant of sorts. Basically I have some tasks that are keeping me from the actual writing that I would like some help with. This would be ideal for a student, especially one who is working to become a writer though that isn't an absolute must.

I would need someone who is available for a couple of hours at 3 days per week and on the odd weekend. Duties include posting articles to a website, light editing, etc. Must be somewhat computer savvy, able to follow directions, reliable and have a personality! There will be some writing projects that I will be able to offer on occasion as well.

You would be paid hourly. Rate to be determined.

Work will be done from your own home but someone local is preferred.

Please send me an email explaining why you'd be perfect for the job and a little about your experience (work, computers, etc)

Btw -- fluency in English is an absolute must!

idea

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiwh_4gH4CA&feature=related

okay, i've watched this video twice now, and i cannot for the life of me figure out what mango is doing differently from me. this is what it looks like when i play foxes who have no idea what they're doing. and zhu does, cause i played a bunch of matches with him at RoM and he won all but one, which was really close. the others i think he usually three-stocked me.

i really want to figure out what the difference is between this jigglypuff and mine.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiwh_4gH4CA&feature=related

okay, i've watched this video twice now, and i cannot for the life of me figure out what mango is doing differently from me. this is what it looks like when i play foxes who have no idea what they're doing. and zhu does, cause i played a bunch of matches with him at RoM and he won all but one, which was really close. the others i think he usually three-stocked me.

i really want to figure out what the difference is between this jigglypuff and mine.
more fruit.

more edge-guard. ALOT more edge-guard.

Play safer and don't get hit as much. Get crucial rests, go for long king-style combos to avoid rest and getting revenge killed sometimes.

idea

Smash Master
more fruit.

more edge-guard. ALOT more edge-guard.

Play safer and don't get hit as much. Get crucial rests, go for long king-style combos to avoid rest and getting revenge killed sometimes.
- that's true for me in general, but in this video there's not much time spent edgeguarding and mango actually screws up a few of them
- no rests in this video
- safer thing is also generally true for me, but mango is really aggressive here
- isai advice is always correct though =P

yeah, actually, watching it again...there are no rests or gimp kills in this match. everything mango's doing is 'legit' onstage stuff.
so he's just outplaying zhu overall. and i don't know what that means.

side note: one thing i see him doing is falling upair on the front of someone's shield. can't figure out a reason for that except to throw them off.

edit: i just remembered something. in grade 11 or 12 english, we had to do an in-class essay, but we were given the topic and allowed to bring in a 'cheat sheet' with point form notes. on the bottom of mine i drew a bunch of ascii robots with red eyes. pretty sure we also had to hand this sheet in with it (though it wasn't being marked).

Top Bottom