• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
wall jump + Afro chris :D

lol as it turns out my laptop has a mic built into it, so on friday it was recording audio the whole time most of it is drowned out by music tho :p

idea

Smash Master
guys i'm not gona post the matches cuz there to long and i dont wana edit them all cuz it'd be to much work...
bring your laptop at some point and i'll tell you the timeframes for the videos you could upload for me. how do you expect us to get clips for the crew combo video if you're not gonna put anything up =P

maybe you just don't want people to see where i upsmashed and ran all the way past you to rest =D

and, being greedy doesn't work with jiggs unless you're ridiculously good with her...like, mango level. and even he is really patient with puff, if you watch his matches vs. other good people. it just doesn't work that way X_X
but i'm gradually training my alternates. and they can be as greedy as i want. it's not even greedy if you're sheik, it's just assuming things will work and being correct.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
- that's true for me in general, but in this video there's not much time spent edgeguarding and mango actually screws up a few of them
- no rests in this video
- safer thing is also generally true for me, but mango is really aggressive here
- isai advice is always correct though =P

yeah, actually, watching it again...there are no rests or gimp kills in this match. everything mango's doing is 'legit' onstage stuff.
so he's just outplaying zhu overall. and i don't know what that means.

side note: one thing i see him doing is falling upair on the front of someone's shield. can't figure out a reason for that except to throw them off.

edit: i just remembered something. in grade 11 or 12 english, we had to do an in-class essay, but we were given the topic and allowed to bring in a 'cheat sheet' with point form notes. on the bottom of mine i drew a bunch of ascii robots with red eyes. pretty sure we also had to hand this sheet in with it (though it wasn't being marked).
I actually didn't look at the vid when I said that stuff. I'm just saying those are the things I feel you have to work on the most, as a Jiggs player. The fact of the matter is, Mngo isn't like M2k. He is good but he makes alot of mistakes. The uair in front of shield thing is probably an accident, seeing as it has no logical use (other than setting yourself up to get shield-grabbed). I'm pretty sure watching one specific match and comparing every single on-stage thing he does to what you do isn't going to help much.

Work on the type of things I mentioned, and your game will naturally improve. Thats advice from someone who has spent hours (and years) watching videos and trying to emulate all the distinct edge-guarding and spacing tricks. You can't break down and scrutinize experience. I think thats really the only thing he has over most Jiggs. Its not that you can't do what he does; you definitely can. Its about how and when he does some of his stuff?

Maybe I'm just blowing **** out of my ***. I'm just trying to be helpful. lol

guys i'm not gona post the matches cuz there to long and i dont wana edit them all cuz it'd be to much work...
Then why bother even recording them? You should have taken the time to show people how to organize their matches, then told them to keep it to a minimum so you don't have to deal with a video overload. : /

idea

Smash Master
What's with this new green font on our names?

edit: baha, it's an april fool's thing.

mods are being renamed too: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7062103#post7062103

haha, i thought you might not have watched it. thanks for the advice. basically...edgeguard better, play safer (getting better at that), and be more consistent under pressure. got it =)

the reason i was looking at this video specifically is that mango just seems to be doing so much better, even though he gets no rests and messes up some edgeguards. i want to pin down exactly what it means to say that one player is overall better than another.

and yeah, it's okay, afro's definitely uploading those matches. if it means other people sorting through them or telling him where to edit them (or even editing them ourselves) then it'll still happen. i had some nice matches recorded for once and i want them put up.

unknown522

Some guy
kyle u should get greedy and combo more :D i'll upload the matches i played wit mike today vs my jiggs and u can c all the greedy s*** i go for :D it might give u some greedy ideas of ur own :D
nah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiwh_4gH4CA&feature=related

okay, i've watched this video twice now, and i cannot for the life of me figure out what mango is doing differently from me. this is what it looks like when i play foxes who have no idea what they're doing. and zhu does, cause i played a bunch of matches with him at RoM and he won all but one, which was really close. the others i think he usually three-stocked me.

i really want to figure out what the difference is between this jigglypuff and mine.
from what I see, he maneuvers well, instead of trying to shield-grab often. He probably has better move selection as well(comes with experience).
We're gonna organize them. Every time **** with me gets recorded, it rarely gets put up, unless I do it myself. The reason I am usually eager to record is so I can watch myself to see improvement, what I can change, etc.
lol as it turns out my laptop has a mic built into it, so on friday it was recording audio the whole time most of it is drowned out by music tho :p
next time.
I actually didn't look at the vid when I said that stuff. I'm just saying those are the things I feel you have to work on the most, as a Jiggs player. The fact of the matter is, Mngo isn't like M2k. He is good but he makes alot of mistakes. The uair in front of shield thing is probably an accident, seeing as it has no logical use (other than setting yourself up to get shield-grabbed). I'm pretty sure watching one specific match and comparing every single on-stage thing he does to what you do isn't going to help much.

Work on the type of things I mentioned, and your game will naturally improve. Thats advice from someone who has spent hours (and years) watching videos and trying to emulate all the distinct edge-guarding and spacing tricks. You can't break down and scrutinize experience. I think thats really the only thing he has over most Jiggs. Its not that you can't do what he does; you definitely can. Its about how and when he does some of his stuff?

Maybe I'm just blowing **** out of my ***. I'm just trying to be helpful. lol

Then why bother even recording them? You should have taken the time to show people how to organize their matches, then told them to keep it to a minimum so you don't have to deal with a video overload. : /
QFT.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Stop haxing you mod guiz.

Lolol, when I change to a debater it says "Internet Arguer".

I liked my blue name. It matched my avatar, sig, and squirtle. =[

idea

Smash Master
from what I see, he maneuvers well, instead of trying to shield-grab often. He probably has better move selection as well(comes with experience).

We're gonna organize them. Every time **** with me gets recorded, it rarely gets put up, unless I do it myself. The reason I am usually eager to record is so I can watch myself to see improvement, what I can change, etc.
LOL yeah i really have to stop shieldgrabbing. when i'm playing well i generally don't, but still, it's a bad habit.

and yeahh. same with me exactly. well, that and so i can post them in the jiggs boards =P someone specifically asked for more vids of me and i think that's pretty cool.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I shield grab way too often and just get destroyed from space animals and their **** shine. Mix in Falcon, and me camping in shield is epic failure.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i'd actually get a pair of air yeezy's. Beige looks nice same with the grey one haha.

idea

Smash Master
LOL no one knows why im good

i just do stuff

and win

ahhh ****
=P it'd be faster if i just asked you stuff on aim. but i've been too lazy to get aim yet. so until i stop being lazy...wait in anticipation.

i'd actually get a pair of air yeezy's. Beige looks nice same with the grey one haha.
you mean "air yeezy's" is an actual thing? i read it in whoever else's post but the part of my mind that does things automatically dismissed it as jibberish.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well i no for a fact i dont look good on youtube

you have 2 play me

2 feel the mindgames and spacing

ask anyone who has played me

=D

Top Bottom