• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
my phone has been dead all day + work so I missed some posts.
Who is going to Rom?

:phone:
I'd be so down if you drive.

I may go either way, but chances are low without a ride

@ jack: I choose my shifts. If you let me know if you're coming at least 24 hours before a shift, I can cancel. But Tmrw I have to work 2-10.

Usually since I have nothing better to do ATM, I usually book Sunday 1-9 and Monday-Wednesday 2-10. Thursday 5:30-10. I wish I could get morning shifts though. So I usually cancel a shift if something is going on those days with 24 hour notice, or if I just don't feel like working that day

Edit: obama's got this

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah, if RoMney wins, mike's going to facepalm super hard and RoM 5 will be canceled.

==========

ok so there are interests, now I need a second driver. Kason, are you down with the syndrome of downess?

Housing is probably going to be one of the hotels along west route 59 I think?

(assuming there is even electricity in new york right now, alukard hasn't posted since sandy hit new york)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
O_o no notifications jack.
yeah sorry been busy. just thought i'd ask ryan cuz he's close to holly's place.

@ jack: I choose my shifts. If you let me know if you're coming at least 24 hours before a shift, I can cancel. But Tmrw I have to work 2-10.
okay i'll keep that in mind :)

yeah, if RoMney wins, mike's going to facepalm super hard and RoM 5 will be canceled.

ok so there are interests, now I need a second driver. Kason, are you down with the syndrome of downess?
wow i see whatudidthere :awesome:

when is RoM? i could apply for that 2nd driver spot (Y) i have a pretty good driving resume.

OH WOW rom 5 is this month? LOL nvm i doubt i can go

unknown522

Some guy

==========

Housing is probably going to be one of the hotels along west route 59 I think?

(assuming there is even electricity in new york right now, alukard hasn't posted since sandy hit new york)
I know that NY has power. I talked to a few smashers within this week

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I believe in Obama

Apparently a bunch of people are talking about moving to Canada if Mitt wins because they figure the country will go to hell

Dunno who's serious though

Windrose

Smash Lord
it's a shame you can't do social experiments the same way you can do science experiments.

i wanted to see what things would've been like if romney were president.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I know I told you earlier that I might be down but now theres buncha stupid shiz goin on with the female species and family and stuff and I might have to go home that weekend :(

We'll see though

unknown522

Some guy
Holy ****. Having to call college graduates at work in Ontario to survey. ****ing foreign people that can't speak English and complain about being discriminated with teaching at their schools and I have to write all that **** down. They don't even understand half the questions I ask. they also say the most stupid things I have ever heard :@

RAGE!

But getting people who were born in Canada is cool.

Bing

Smash Master
Holy ****. Having to call college graduates at work in Ontario to survey. ****ing foreign people that can't speak English and complain about being discriminated with teaching at their schools and I have to write all that **** down. They don't even understand half the questions I ask. they also say the most stupid things I have ever heard :@

RAGE!

Try selling insurance. They get offended by you just making the offer

Engo

Smash Ace

RAGE!

I know that feel

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
When they complain about being discriminated against, is that part of the survey or are they just talking a bunch of bull ****?

idea

Smash Master
Try selling insurance. They get offended by you just making the offer
LOL yeah honestly i hate stuff like that. who actually buys stuff over the phone? especially something as important and expensive as insurance? (i'm still polite to the people selling it though, since they're just doing their job)

i mean really, if your business plan is to start calling people AT RANDOM, what does that say about your product...

Windrose

Smash Lord
i'm going to make a falcon video parody of gangnam style.

Captain Falcon Style.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy show me your moves.

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

captain falcon style.

unknown522

Some guy
Incoming racist post

Fortunately, most people do the survey because I'm calling on behalf of the college that they graduated from (Humber, George brown, centennial, Georgian, Algonquin, etc.). I think about 1/20 people actually refuse to do it. Either due to poor English, so they get discouraged (Chinese or brown), or they were upset with the program due to not getting a job. But some people still do it under those circumstances since they can talk about their complaints. The other time for refusals is when it's a high-pitched white chick, or fat/lazy white guys.

We're supposed to get a 72% response rate this year, but I hear it gets tough toward the end

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Have you never been talking to a fat person and all you can hear is their fat over the phone?

It's rather grotesque.

Top Bottom