• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
try marth, he's pretty familiar for people who don't play brawl...basically the same moveset except 99% less combos and side-b is good.
lol but i'm not used to his floatiness D:

You're such a Jew oh my god
bichpreasee, my race has done it longer and far outpopulates them. call me by the right colour geez :awesome:
How to win noob Brawl tournaments (by character)
[lots of stuff]
I think the easiest way would be to go snake and use Ftilt and Utilt
LOL thanks i actually really enjoyed reading that. all i understand is kirby/snake in the game and that doesn't even say much LOL

i only know snake cuz when the game first came out his dash-atk-cancel-u-smash-thingy was the closest thing to wavedashing lol and tilts OoS?? like pleaseeeeee lol

That might explain why AP Renekton borrowed my copy of Brawl...aside from wanting to play PM. Idk, best chance that you'd have someone who'd beat you is if A: Phuong is home for no reason whatsoever and he showed up. B: Waterloo peeps like Hype heard about it and actually care to go out of their way. C: You get really frustrated.
i'm pretty sure you need to have an ID to register for these kinda events it's not really open unfortunately :(

Yeah but then he has to learn stuff
takes about an hour of practice to master the 5 different weight classes, give or take,

brawl's tough
lol when i first bought brawl years ago i sat down for a few min trying the infinites then thought to myself **** this is brawl you probably cna't do cool handoffs like in melee LOL was i ever wronggg

thanks for much for the responses :D i hope i can actually enter LOL

unknown522

Some guy
Naw man. That's the 3rd look-alike of you that I've seen ever

Oh yeah, there was this Westballz clone downtown as well. I legitimately thought it was him for like 2 seconds

:phone:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
LOL thanks i actually really enjoyed reading that. all i understand is kirby/snake in the game and that doesn't even say much LOL

i only know snake cuz when the game first came out his dash-atk-cancel-u-smash-thingy was the closest thing to wavedashing lol and tilts OoS?? like pleaseeeeee lol
Lol glad you enjoyed it. Good luck wrecking noobs.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
i went to montreal for a brawl tournament this weekend and we had a vote on whether to ban MK or not

i voted with a coin toss for "ban"

afterwards i found out "ban" won by 1 vote

welp
And people say their vote doesn't matter. If this was the alternate futurama dimension where coin tosses are always the opposite someone else might have won and had the courage to run for mayor later on in their life. But probably not. Nevertheless, Think before you toss :p

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I wonder if people who make the designs for coins consider that if one side is weighted too heavily coin tosses won't be completely fair.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
one of my stats profs mentioned canadian quarters are heavy enogh on one side to bias it 51%-49%

idea

Smash Master
i hear that for coin tosses it's statistically most likely to land on the side it started on

i guess people tend to input fairly uniform flipping strength.

or maybe the momentum just tends to work out that it pulls itself over to flip 2 or 4 times or whatever is normal

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
My dubs partner pulled a 9 in decision-making when using the tag "99999" it was hype.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Your avi screams destiny.
Afterwards, I imagine you said, "Wow, unreal! My gosh, this is amazing. I feel incredible! Yes, yes, I can win! I feel great! I-CAN-DO-THIS!"?

idea

Smash Master
wow ryan what's up with the camera in those videos you uploaded? is that how it was on the stream?

in the last match of pp vs. mango it goes into funhouse mode

Rikana

Smash Champion
Link please. Maybe you let youtube fix the "shaky camera" that it suspected in your video.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Holy ****.. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Evolution-Championship-Series/156605564382

Melee went from 7th place at 650'ish votes to 2nd with almost 1700 votes now in 4 hours. I really hope Evo doesn't take this as a joke. 2 issues I see happening if Melee is actually qualified:

1. Melee is an old game. Evo normally doesn't like hosting for old games.
2. Melee requires a Wii/Gamecube which needs a CRT to play with minimum lag. I don't think Evo is gonna go through all that just to get us CRTs, so we may have to play with laggy inputs.

Top Bottom