• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
naw, he lied to them up until the end. The Germ's girl booked zel in the end.

From what I read, he was low on cash and has been affiliated with drugs buying/selling. He then tried to steal the cash that they were sponsored, lied to his friends that he had known for 10 years (which is almost as long as I've known most of my closest friends).

If one of them tried to do me like that, I wouldn't forgive them probably.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Ah, wasn't certain about his situation but seeing as that's the case, I have less sympathy. I don't know whether I would have him blacklisted from tournaments though, but I probably wouldn't socialize with him. Ah wellz, complicated stuffz.

edit: Btw Ryan, what's your avatar? Looks like something from Black Butler :p

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
pandora's good and simple for finding/exploring new music.
Grooveshark is good for playing music tracks and albums you're already familiar with

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I have a rough plan for europe.

currently it is.

Fly to Germany, travel within and work in various hotels.

travel west to the Netherlands. work in Holland and Amsterdam.

travel south to France and work/travel/wine taste.

travel to Italy or Spain. don't know yet.

currently i have 12300 dollars. I wonder how long i will make it last.

im not sure how much i will have subtracting the initial flight, euro rail pass and reserved money for flight home.
good luck dude sounds really fun..as long as you maintain a steady way to take care of yourself you got this!

Last edited:

unknown522

Some guy
Ah, wasn't certain about his situation but seeing as that's the case, I have less sympathy. I don't know whether I would have him blacklisted from tournaments though, but I probably wouldn't socialize with him. Ah wellz, complicated stuffz.

edit: Btw Ryan, what's your avatar? Looks like something from Black Butler :p
I would let him go to tourneys, but I would like...have him in my house or something.

Also yeah, my avatar is 'death the kid' from sould eater like Kyle said. I wasn't a fan of the anime once it deviated from the Manga. I read the manga only, but it comes out monthly sadly.

@ nick: he already got caught stealing it and there were cops involved.

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Nick 12300 could get you a long way if you're smart with it and get a job quickly.

Just make sure you set aside whatever amount you need for a return trip RIGHT AWAY and don't touch it ever. Then if s**t ever goes wrong, you can up and leave on a moments notice.

good luck, have fun. Lots of people talk about going to europe in their life and all this other bull, you're actually doing it. Good on you, my dude.

Bing

Smash Master
I've only seen Zel in one tournament, and it was that last one Washington tournament last month.
In a way I do feel bad for him, but at the same time I dont. He ****ed up huge and on multiple levels, but eventually people do need to forgive him I suppose...

And as for Nick and his EuroTrip. You shouldnt have any difficulty finding work in Holland, when I went there last August I ran into many people who were just working for a month or so to make some cash during their travels. Best of luck. Germany and Holland are beautiful, and I know it would be a financial strain but if you can, check out Switzerland, ****ing gorgeous!

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm slowly dying and need a vacation right now too. I'mma be gone for the summer but I'm currently under so much stress. **** drama life.

Anyone wanna smash today? I might be free.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I finally figured out where your avatar from before came from Winddrose. The one with "defeating a sandwhich only makes it tastier" I watched it today. lol its so ********

Ministry

Smash Ace
I'm slowly dying and need a vacation right now too. I'mma be gone for the summer but I'm currently under so much stress. **** drama life.

Anyone wanna smash today? I might be free.
I will smash if you come to Ottawa.

now don't be hasty. Yes it IS Ottawa and that IS far.

However Look at the facts. You are smashing with me. You may never get this opportunity again. Also smashing with me is the best smash, since while trash talking i will most likely get 3 stocked.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I would go smash with anyone that has wings as an avatar any day.

You have no rights to tell me what to do jack. You have no wings.

:phone:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I have a rough plan for europe.

currently it is.

Fly to Germany, travel within and work in various hotels.

travel west to the Netherlands. work in Holland and Amsterdam.

travel south to France and work/travel/wine taste.

travel to Italy or Spain. don't know yet.

currently i have 12300 dollars. I wonder how long i will make it last.

im not sure how much i will have subtracting the initial flight, euro rail pass and reserved money for flight home.
You can can go fairly far with it.
Unless you travel in the summer, you'll shouldn't pay more than 1300 canadian dollars for both Canada <--> Europe flights. Rail passes can be fairly expensive, but it won't ruin you either.
So I think you'll be fine.

How long would you want to stay ?

Ministry

Smash Ace
work visa only lets you stay in a country for a year. then you have to return to Canada for at least 6 months before u go back.

its to stop immigration and aliens

Engo

Smash Ace
pandora's good and simple for finding/exploring new music.
Grooveshark is good for playing music tracks and albums you're already familiar with
No Pink Floyd and Beatles on Grooveshark makes me sad though : (
But they still have so much that it's totally worth using. They have entire albums for even the most random 60's/70's bands I listen to.

idea

Smash Master
so i tried all the controllers in my house, and i think the best one i have is actually my very first one, the one i stopped using 'cause it was way too sensitive. it still is, but at least like the joystick is too sensitive in all directions...all the other ones are skewed left or right and it's super hard to adjust and it fails to dash half the time in one direction...seems easier to adjust with the old one. plus it has the nostalgia factor.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
so i tried all the controllers in my house, and i think the best one i have is actually my very first one, the one i stopped using 'cause it was way too sensitive. it still is, but at least like the joystick is too sensitive in all directions...all the other ones are skewed left or right and it's super hard to adjust and it fails to dash half the time in one direction...seems easier to adjust with the old one. plus it has the nostalgia factor.
Is there anyway to easily tell if your controller is messing up or if it's just you? I tend to either bair or fair when I try to dair and I'm not certain if it's my controller or me. Is it due to left and right being more forgiving than going down or up?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Yo Ryan I saw you said in the zenith thread you didnt wanna go alone if david isn't going. I'm 100% willing to travel with you and go to zenith. Let me know asap so we can buy bus tickets.

and dont worry, we dont have to team. you can prolly find a good partner really easy.

idea

Smash Master
Is there anyway to easily tell if your controller is messing up or if it's just you? I tend to either bair or fair when I try to dair and I'm not certain if it's my controller or me. Is it due to left and right being more forgiving than going down or up?
i dunno, not really. i just played spacies and jigglypuff with all of them and tried doing all the things i normally do. i/people adapt to controllers' problems pretty quickly though. the best way is probably to just try lots of them. if you can randomly pick a controller that's already plugged in at a tournament and play better with than the one you're used to, the one you're used to probably isn't very good.

and i mean, some problems are just you. i side-b instead of laser with spacies no matter what controller i use lol. but some make me do it more often.

when you dair are you using c-stick or a+joystick?

idea

Smash Master
Yo Ryan I saw you said in the zenith thread you didnt wanna go alone if david isn't going. I'm 100% willing to travel with you and go to zenith. Let me know asap so we can buy bus tickets.

and dont worry, we dont have to team. you can prolly find a good partner really easy.
damn, i would go too but that's the weekend of anime north...

Top Bottom