• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
i dunno, not really. i just played spacies and jigglypuff with all of them and tried doing all the things i normally do. i/people adapt to controllers' problems pretty quickly though. the best way is probably to just try lots of them. if you can randomly pick a controller that's already plugged in at a tournament and play better with than the one you're used to, the one you're used to probably isn't very good.

and i mean, some problems are just you. i side-b instead of laser with spacies no matter what controller i use lol. but some make me do it more often.

when you dair are you using c-stick or a+joystick?
I use my c-stick. I was actually testing it out today and wasn't having too much trouble as I remember. Although my throws with the control stick, go all over the place.

unknown522

Some guy
Yo Ryan I saw you said in the zenith thread you didnt wanna go alone if david isn't going. I'm 100% willing to travel with you and go to zenith. Let me know asap so we can buy bus tickets.

and dont worry, we dont have to team. you can prolly find a good partner really easy.
I think I posted that for civil war 4.

For zenith, it's just too expensive

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
I use my c-stick. I was actually testing it out today and wasn't having too much trouble as I remember. Although my throws with the control stick, go all over the place.
okay that could be you or the controller, lots of people screw up grabs occasionally, especially under pressure. the most common one seems to be fthrow instead of up or down. which now that i think of it makes perfect sense if you ran at them before grabbing.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
okay that could be you or the controller, lots of people screw up grabs occasionally, especially under pressure. the most common one seems to be fthrow instead of up or down. which now that i think of it makes perfect sense if you ran at them before grabbing.
Hmm, yeah, I actually think it might be due to the pressure; I usually mess up halfway through a chaingrab with Peach. Probably just need to be a bit more cognizant of how I'm pushing the control stick. Thanks.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, yeah, I actually think it might be due to the pressure; I usually mess up halfway through a chaingrab with Peach. Probably just need to be a bit more cognizant of how I'm pushing the control stick. Thanks.
One thing about this: my control stick was acting kinda odd at the tourney and sometimes when I plugged it in it would drift slightly to the upper-right side. Of course I unplugged and replugged it enough times to fix this for tourney matches, but I played a bit with it like that in friendlies and lots of uthrows came out as fthrows. It was because the game registered the neutral position as the slightly-up-and-right position, so if I was facing right and moved the stick with even a slight horizontal angle, it considered it to be an fthrow.

How much money is it to get inside the convention?
Around $50.

Yeah, AN is a tradition! Jethrotex, you should come. It's fun. The guests are meh but it's nice to just hang out for the weekend and do anime con things. If a few of you guys are going I might bring my CRT for the hotel room.

idea

Smash Master
lol that would be cool...not sure how much time i'd have to spare for your hotel room but i'm sure i'd stop by at some point. is it one of the hotels right by the con?

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, maybe I will, I shall see, I have at least a month to decide :p

The only guests I really notice is the girl who did Misuzu in Air, and the guy who did Sebastian in Black Butler.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's the Doubletree. Dunno what my plans are yet but I should be mostly free.

EDIT: Ray, has working out impacted your game at all? PP was just talking about this on the Falco boards and it doesn't sound unreasonable.

I.B

Smash Lord
Regular physical exercise is supposed to stimulate grey matter in your brain or some ****. Insert other cognitive function improvements. Jack, take over from here with your bio knowledge lol

Rikana

Smash Champion
You're pretty much on the right track. Its a stimulator and affects your overall performance in just about everything. Faster blood flow etc.

In terms of smash, I wouldn't know but I'd say it would. I only play smash when there's someone to play with. I don't practice.

Edit: and yeah. Summer bodddd. Need that beach bod for summer time's beach volleyball at woodbine beach. Posisbly going to China for about a month and half before that though.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
In terms of blood flow and stimulating grey matter (which on the most broadest terms is really good lol)

A really simple reason working out is good for the brain and cognitive skills is due to the amount of blood flow that rikana mentionned (tho not just or only the speed/rate, but also quality). How bloodflow helps the brain isn't that obvious sometimes, and basically put, it helps transport nutrients and oxygen to the brain to "feed" it. However, if you don't exercise or do stuff that tire/exhaust/stimulate fatigue, your brain/heartrate/lungs will "adapt" to your lack of necessity for excess air/blood, and you'll "settle" at a lower steady state.

That's why it's hard to get back into running asap from sitting for a year. When you run lots, you take a lot of deep breaths (that you otherwise wouldn't) and it results in a greater air-lung capacity as it accommodates for the running. Take away the running, the body says you don't need that much air and you get used to shallow breaths, etc.

That's about it I guess lol

and wow when i go explaining things i automatically type properly

Engo

Smash Ace
Last time I went to a con for fun I was just like wow.. I don't care about anything here..
I don't even know why I went considering I hardly read manga/anime/comics nor do I play much video games outside of smash.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
It's not fun if you don't have money, then it's just a day of looking at things you wish you could buy, then proceeding to realize that you can't, and in turn, end up figuring out you're just taking an online tour of the con. Worst, Wednesday, ever.

If I have money around then, I'll probably go though.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
anime north is like, the source of asian stuff lol

i spent a full hour in a theatre (of many many) watching sailor moon LOL cuz my sisters used to watch that stuff and it brought back memories xD

the games, shows, events, hype, stufftobuy, is all just so amazing to be exposed to

but then again i live in a super white city so that's why lol

idea

Smash Master
i also just like watching all the other people. last year when i got on the bus on the way there half the people were dressed as something. i think there were two ash + misty couples on the same bus. it's kind of surreal at first.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
eh, I'm originally from anime fandom so I just go to hang out with people I don't normally see. The atmosphere makes conversation different, somehow. Hype is one way of putting it. AN panels aren't awful either. (they're not really good, but...)

anyway, doing a bit of exercise this summer will probably be a good idea. I'll give it a shot. It'll get out-prioritized by smash though.

EDIT: yeah, cosplay watching is awesome. I love taking note of the changing trends. That's mostly how I remember each year. Madoka/nyancat year, K-ON year... and a bunch of others that slip my mind atm.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
^^ by rigorous it's best that it's cardio, unless you mean rigorous wiehgts lol that's not that great for the avg person

(but you're tall and lean so w/e lol)

but ya, cosplays are totally worth the trip too. last year there was the hottest pair of plusle minun ever lol

Windrose

Smash Lord
Anime north is about taking pictures of girls cosplaying.

Flash back 1 year, I think I made the same statement and posted some cosplay website.

Top Bottom