• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
Dave Chapelle: "behind every black man....is da POE LEECE"

EDIT:

is anybody playing today? If not, people are welcome to come to my house except it's ridiculously hard to get to without a car. I live near high way 7 and warden.

I have 2 tvs and 1 wii, 1 game cube, 1 melee, 1 memory card.

Let me know if you guys are interested?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I will be able to play melee again as of late next week. Meleeeeeeee. lemme know when you guys have smashfests. I'll come along.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Forgot to mention, this is directed at Bernard, David, and Ryan but anyone could help me out as well. I recently applied as a playtester for project m and I mentioned you guys as notable players around me. I hope you guys didn't mind; if so, I'll change it. Anyways, I was wondering what you guys think of the project? I know that it isn't easy to completely accept it (I still prefer original melee of course but I wouldn't ignore it because I do see quite a bit of potential in the project) but I would recommend that you guys try one of the latest builds. It's starting to feel much better than before; that's if I get in though. Or you guys can put in some good words for me (for those of you that know me and has played me) because I know quite a few people that would love to try out the backroom builds.

I played their very old builds before and they've come a long way. Even people with a wealth of melee knowledge such as magus is hping out on the project. I'd love to be able to play it again.

Lemme know please. Thanks.
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2824.html

Windrose

Smash Lord
When I first heard of project M, the original dream was that it would be 100% like melee but with online play and easy to use custom stage building. You can create training stages for yourself, and lots of customization that is easy to access.

The game would also allow for balancing by the MBR and project M developers which would be available to everyone through easy downloads.

You can also fix certain bugs like the battlefield ledge bug and invisible ceiling stuff.

It might increase the popularity of melee as well.

But all this seems like a long way from now and the original melee is fine the way it is.

idea

Smash Master
if you can get a newer version of it i'll gladly play it with you/others and take mental notes.

just make sure it doesn't get gradually more brawlish like brawl+ did. and make sure wavedashing is still good. some builds had weird wavedashing and some had it feeling more normal. i don't know why it kept changing back and forth.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Project: waste of tiMe

I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce, dont be frontin son no seeds on the bun, we be up in this drive thru order for two, i gots a craving for a number nine like my shoe, we need some chicken up in here in this dizzle, for rizzle my nizzle extra salt on the frizzle, dr pepper my brother another for your mother, double double super size and dont forget the fries

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I played project M at pound 5. It was decent fun.

But imo, once they release the game to the public, they should just roll with it no matter how the metagame develops. They would lose a lot of respect if there was constant rebalancing and updates.

idea

Smash Master
^ yeah

they did that before, it got annoying cause you couldn't get used to anything.

ideally i see project M as being a fun diversion to melee, which is what i wish brawl could have been. project m in my eyes would be akin to falcon dittos where neither person mains falcon.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Awesome. Glad to know youre willing to play Kyle. As for the wavedashes; according to the team, which includes magus, said that wavedashing should feel just about right now. The landing detections have been altered to match melee's (took them forever to find) and the distance has been ported.

And like I said, project m isn't going to replace melee. They will both be fun to me in their own ways. I like the new breath of fresh air. And whenever im tired of project m, I'll go back to melee. Not vice versa though cause I never wanna give up melee.

The project still has a long way to go though. It looks very promising to me in it's own way. I think people just compare it to melee often because melee is the superior title in our eyes. and the fact that this project came about is because of melee's influence on the smash community.

As for the metagame development, I'm sure they'll let the game develop on it's own unless there are bugs and glitches to fix. I'm pretty sure they learned from brawl+.

Anyone else willing to give it a try if I were to become a betatester?

Thanks for the input guys.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
falco is wayy too good in project M. he's the only char i tried playing tho :laugh: i dl'd it the night it was released to the public as the "preview" so i thought that was their initial "standpoint" as for a balanced start to their current progress

also, rikana, have i met you?

unknown522

Some guy
Forgot to mention, this is directed at Bernard, David, and Ryan but anyone could help me out as well. I recently applied as a playtester for project m and I mentioned you guys as notable players around me. I hope you guys didn't mind; if so, I'll change it. Anyways, I was wondering what you guys think of the project? I know that it isn't easy to completely accept it (I still prefer original melee of course but I wouldn't ignore it because I do see quite a bit of potential in the project) but I would recommend that you guys try one of the latest builds. It's starting to feel much better than before; that's if I get in though. Or you guys can put in some good words for me (for those of you that know me and has played me) because I know quite a few people that would love to try out the backroom builds.

I played their very old builds before and they've come a long way. Even people with a wealth of melee knowledge such as magus is hping out on the project. I'd love to be able to play it again.

Lemme know please. Thanks.
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2824.html
yeah, that's ok.

falco is wayy too good in project M. he's the only char i tried playing tho :laugh: i dl'd it the night it was released to the public as the "preview" so i thought that was their initial "standpoint" as for a balanced start to their current progress

also, rikana, have i met you?
yes falco is sooo broken in that game. Wolf too.

Oh and marth and falcon are pretty damn good.

Windrose

Smash Lord
There's also SD, Wang, nick, and a bunch of others. there are so many azns.

I'm pretty sure izek and reis are also asian.....but they might be middle eastern...

idea

Smash Master
i bought terraria. it's pretty fun.

i don't understand why i would want to make my house out of stone blocks rather than wood, for instance. there are so many different building blocks and i don't know what the advantage is of using one over the other.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
i bought terraria. it's pretty fun.

i don't understand why i would want to make my house out of stone blocks rather than wood, for instance. there are so many different building blocks and i don't know what the advantage is of using one over the other.
There isn't. Building stuff is for one of two things:
1. You want a building to look like something. Different materials matter.
2. You want pure functionality. Just use wood.

A friend of mine is currently working on building all of SMB1, he's got up to 1-4 finished iirc.

Top Bottom