• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
David, that was awesome to read.

Izek, you know we go back and forth ****** each other on good days. I'm just too inconsistent. :<

But I do agree. And Reis is just way too good at the moment.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
getting good at this game imo is proportional to how many good players you have access to playing.

you gotta get tech skill down. i can't stress how important this is. if you can't do it, then you can't even think about applying it in game.

when tech skill isn't an issue, it comes to knowledge/experience/empirical observations, etc.

it'll definately take more than 7 months, 1-2 years would be solid. it'd be better if you had access to better ppl to play

it's my john for sucking :laugh: i never play GTA ppl =(

edit: it also can't be stressed enough that techskill doens't mean flashy business. just what's necessary to execute what you want

edit 2: omg so much truth in david's post

ppl make me good please =(

unknown522

Some guy
getting good at this game imo is proportional to how many good players you have access to playing.

you gotta get tech skill down. i can't stress how important this is. if you can't do it, then you can't even think about applying it in game.

when tech skill isn't an issue, it comes to knowledge/experience/empirical observations, etc.

it'll definately take more than 7 months, 1-2 years would be solid. it'd be better if you had access to better ppl to play

it's my john for sucking :laugh: i never play GTA ppl =(

edit: it also can't be stressed enough that techskill doens't mean flashy business. just what's necessary to execute what you want

edit 2: omg so much truth in david's post

ppl make me good please =(
there are plenty of players that are good that don't have many/any good players to play with.

PP, M2K, etc

Ministry

Smash Ace
I'll be there hopefully

EDIT: Over an hour away from where I am staying sooo. Unless someone from Oakville can come get me (I'll pay gas money) I doubt I'll be able to go. Cell # is 727-631-2160 hit me up if you can get me. Would greatly appreciate it.
i can meet u at applyby go station if u would like, and we can go there, i know the transit and how to get there.. just depends if u trust me and dont think i will kill u

A few things about me.
-I own probably 15 Knives
-Im not sarcastic at all
-i dont like to sleep

Just give me an honest answer. I'm feeling seriously discouraged.

I've been playing for 7 months or so, ever since I dropped Brawl permanently.

I know it's not a long time, but this is why I'm asking.
took me like 3 years, and im maybe 20th in the scene

hope that doesnt discourage u.

Sheik vs. Jigglypuff isn't, so it's a perfect counter-pick option.
I happen to like this matchup. its just difficult

Ministry

Smash Ace
waterloo/toronto/missisauga/london/ottawa/kingston

David
Ryan
Bernard
Imadh
Camilo
Josh
Kyle
Kurtis
You
Tect
Tristan
Omni
Coolhat
Zen
Europhoria

ok so i was off by 4

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Snuffalouf***us

Yeah! Random censor....h8ters !

Also, I know how you feel Skully. I'm pretty much in the same boat, and honestly the only thing you can do is get over it, continue to practice until you find your place. Pretty much, as salty as I get...in my mind I'm always thinking, "what's the point in being mad?" either

A) After a while no one wants to play you, or

B) You realize that no one can tap you on the head and make you better, so you just keeeep truckinnnnnn.

Also, I'm going to do the impossible and be a straight Peach main...GET AT ME.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
M2K's Fox in the 06-07 years was just really good at combos and had a huge amount of technical skill. It also played super gay and was really good at laser camping and dash dance camping. His style was very simple, though, and promoted consistency. It wasn't as fancy as some of the other top Foxes of that era (Chillin, KDJ, PC in certain moments) but it also didn't have to be.

Which, quite honestly, isn't a bad way to develop a style. If your hits do a billion damage and kill instantly, you don't have to hit them as much. Having good technical skill and movement can help protect you from being hit first, which is also kind of groovy.

I'm not sure I'd recommend learning someone like Sheik if you're going to practice mainly on your own because her skills are based off trained reactions, which require a partner. And you need a good partner (I'd argue) because otherwise you'll simply get used to your opponent's habits and then subconsciously expect those. It's why I get more out of playing Ryan than anyone else... he switches up a lot. But he also sometimes repeats to try and trick me. It's very erratic. He also knows the combo breaking distances for edgecancels and is good about DIing the jabs so I always have to be on my toes and try to be as accurate as possible when I play him.

Just my two cents. Admittedly, there are a few ways to go about trying to perfect the tech chase and other reactionary aspects of Sheik's game on your own, but I find it's significantly easier to simulate that sort of thing for other characters just because of how much easier it is to make the CPU DI than it is to make them tech. Pretty much everything is smash is easier to emulate than teching, to be honest. I hate this game's AI.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
no matter how good james gets or how fast he improves, he'll never beat me at the Duel of the Fates aka Marth Dittos.

suck it *****

Rikana

Smash Champion
Why are people selling BNIB 3DS for $250 when its like $285'ish after tax? There's quite a few of them too. I'm glad I didn't buy mine at launch then. Save me $40'ish.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
i can meet u at applyby go station if u would like, and we can go there, i know the transit and how to get there.. just depends if u trust me and dont think i will kill u

A few things about me.
-I own probably 15 Knives
-Im not sarcastic at all
-i dont like to sleep

took me like 3 years, and im maybe 20th in the scene

hope that doesnt discourage u.

I happen to like this matchup. its just difficult
LOL. I'm from FL. Guns are pretty common down there. As sad as that is xD (I was born in Kitchiner though so this is my home country) but yeah I'll ask my Dad about it. I trust you it's just if my Dad trusts you or not.

Being 17 blows lawl.

And I've been playing for a bout a year and a half and I still suck. Hard. But Tampa has a pretty pathetic Melee smash scene. Regardless, I don't think there is a set time. Some people get good fast others takes a while, a big factor is how good the people you're playing with are. The better they are the better you will get.

To anyone who can come get me. I'll give you 10$ for gas. And a high five

idea

Smash Master
one of the biggest factors as far as i can tell is how much you hate losing. people who really hate losing tend to get good pretty fast. (seems kind of obvious, but meh)

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
one of the biggest factors as far as i can tell is how much you hate losing. people who really hate losing tend to get good pretty fast. (seems kind of obvious, but meh)
Applicable to me.

It actually puts me into a bad mood for a while, so there is definitely a motivational factor.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I suppose I COULD pick scidadle and ministry up. there's a chance that i might not go if i need to use the time to finish up some work...but i'm 90% sure i'm going.

Where would I pick you guys up?

Top Bottom