• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
if i may ask what were u taking?

at one point earlier in my life, i was on morphene, tegratol, vasatec, analopril and losec and they thought that was fine. im not sure why they had suspicion of you though?
Wow Tegratol, they just prescribe that to anyone since it has such a broad affect on brain chemistry.

Lol suicide from oxys. If you using opiates, be careful. Especially Oxys or Methadone.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I never once said that I was running the event...

I offered to get David and Ryan passes too but they didn't feel like coming out, not my fault no one showed up

Agora

Smash Journeyman
In case the Anime North guys I played with Saturday from around midnight to 3am at Sheraton at AN are reading this ( DDM, ???, A, etc... ): GGs, it was great facing you in Doubles. Too bad you were too far for me to actually chat :p I know, I need to re-buy this game to play FD and Castle Siege again =_=

Did you participate in the tourney as well? How'd you do?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
WHAT???

there was a melee tourney??? WHENN???

if it wasn't on sat, that's fine then, but i was around the gaming section a lot on sat, and there definately wasn't melee

josh only mentionned him entering brawl and getting like 4th/5th >_>

n0ne

Smash Ace
can anyone PLZ TELL ME what is the recommended/best/quality+filesize format to convert a video and then upload on youtube?
im too lazy to upload 50mb for only 2 mins of recording (each vid more or less) with my slow internet connection.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Is there still a tournament happening on the 5th of June? I might be able to make it.

unknown522

Some guy
it's canceled.

also, just 100% completed Mario Galaxy 2 yesterday and I was really disappointed. IGN rated it a 10, so I expected more and for the camera system to not suck. Galaxy 1 was way harder (though still easy) and the only thing hard about 2 was the camera, being unable to go in 1st person view/rotate the camera in 60% of the levels. lol

6/10.

I give the first one 7.5/10.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
it's canceled.

also, just 100% completed Mario Galaxy 2 yesterday and I was really disappointed. IGN rated it a 10, so I expected more and for the camera system to not suck. Galaxy 1 was way harder (though still easy) and the only thing hard about 2 was the camera, being unable to go in 1st person view/rotate the camera in 60% of the levels. lol

6/10.

I give the first one 7.5/10.
Well creating new concepts through out the game is **** hard to do especially when making a sequel. Also most sequels from games like that sucks usually or are worse than the first one.

On the bus to Boston I was playing Phoenix Wright 1, I beat the 4th case. One more left!

I.B

Smash Lord
Due to various reasons we are extending the registration period to the end of this week on SUNDAY June 6th at 10pm EST. SIGN UP THERE OR THERE WILL BE AN INCREASE IN THE FEE OF THIS TOURNAMENT OF $10 WE NEED TO PAY FOR THE VENUE ASAP AND WE NEED ABOUT ANOTHER 100 PEOPLE TO SIGN UP TO DO SO PLEASE REGISTER
Register up *****es!

sauc3

Smash Lord
can anyone PLZ TELL ME what is the recommended/best/quality+filesize format to convert a video and then upload on youtube?
im too lazy to upload 50mb for only 2 mins of recording (each vid more or less) with my slow internet connection.
what program do you use?

if you're recording in avi, and teh size is too big, then use virtual dub with huffyuv to compress it, cuz avi is fine for youtube but uncompressed avi is stupid big and choppy on most players.

If you don't want to spend the time converting (since you're lazy), just record in wmv, 320 by 240 (cuz youtube shrinks all videos to this size) and somewhere between 1mbps and 3mbps, depending on how you want it to look.

unknown522

Some guy
Well creating new concepts through out the game is **** hard to do especially when making a sequel. Also most sequels from games like that sucks usually or are worse than the first one.
That's true.

On the bus to Boston I was playing Phoenix Wright 1, I beat the 4th case. One more left!
Nice. I gotta run through those soon. I've been getting sidetracked.

really ryan o.o i thought galaxy 1 was easier

welp!!
I found 2 a lot easier personally. I got every star + the bouns ones very quickly.

Also, Afro chris is gay! We were playing at charles' house. I was up a stock and he was sing stalling vs my sheik at the ledge. I then failed a ledge-canceled b-air and he got me with the sing. He infinite me for 4 and a half minutes, so that he could rest me and attempt to get to sudden death. He then SD'd with 9 seconds left and rage quit.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Um... imo i think MG2 WAS harder.... but i wasnt too mad about the camara. I thought about it kinda the same way as God of war3 where in one of the bonus videos
the game developers tell u themselves that they didnt want the player to be able to move the camara bcuz they wanted it to be like that.. blabla cuz that way they could focus on where the player should go.. yadayadayada

Although MG1 had better music and story (the latter doesnt really matter. Mario games will be mario games) but 2 had hard stars especially one on star cyclone i had no idea how i got guess i was lucky ... on one of the fluzzard galaxies and getting the (censored for spoiler) to be able to access star 242 and getting that star was troublesome too.

@sauc3 im using TV expert to record.. the lowest size i can get is mpeg2 @ 320*480. doesnt look bad but for example 2:42 is 68 mb. i can record on wmv also @ 720*480 and 2:51 is 32 mb.. it looks good too but suddenly it gets all choppy so.. gth i said.
can u plz be a bit clearer on what u said for me to convert the mpeg2 files? i have no knowledge on video editing programs.

unknown522

Some guy
lol. I guess it's just me then.

I didn't have any problems with MG2 at all except for that adventure island with one of the
green stars, where you have to jump off the spinning thing
because I couldn't see it due to the camera. I also failed to align myself when making do-or-die jumps to get some of the stars, because I couldn't adjust the camera. That was the only difficulty I had with the game.

sauc3

Smash Lord
@sauc3 im using TV expert to record.. the lowest size i can get is mpeg2 @ 320*480. doesnt look bad but for example 2:42 is 68 mb. i can record on wmv also @ 720*480 and 2:51 is 32 mb.. it looks good too but suddenly it gets all choppy so.. gth i said.
can u plz be a bit clearer on what u said for me to convert the mpeg2 files? i have no knowledge on video editing programs.
hmm, I'd try and work with the wmv to make it not choppy, I'm sure there is a way to change it to record in 320 by 240, it doesn't make sense that your options would be that limited. Play with the bit rate, compression, and other things (assuming they can be adjusted).

If you can't adjust these options (what a **** program if this is true) I'd consider downloading some other software like virtual vcr, wintv, virtual dub, or others and capture using those. Just make sure the latest drivers are installed for your capture card.

If you're at a loss add me on msn to talk more, its wagonboy_3000 <at> hotmail.com

Ministry

Smash Ace
shadowgate for gameboy is a very hard game

i also heard demon souls was very difficult also. has anyone played it yet?

im just playing star ocean and SSF4

Top Bottom