• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
aha, wow. i've only taken advil once, and i was in a car a little bit after, and got really nauseous. i can only assume it was cause of the advil cause that has never before or since happened, except when i've had a bad case of the flu, and i wasn't sick at all that time.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i ***** ur so called peach....i have it on tape......, plus i didnt even no u knew how to play other characters :)

lol did u guys no the a side effects of advil

abdominal or stomach cramps, pain, or discomfort (mild to moderate)
diarrhea
dizziness, drowsiness, or lightheadedness
headache (mild to moderate)
heartburn, indigestion, nausea, or vomiting

i thot advil was supposed to stop that stuff....
didn't your mother ever tell you to read the fine print? lol

lol, I just did a project on DI for school.
As in directional influence? Why?

unknown522

Some guy
Diabetes Insipidus

Diabetes Insipidus (also known as “water” diabetes) is a rare disorder that causes increased urination. This urine is mostly diluted by water. When the person urinates the urine is usually a clear colour from the water dilution.

Diabetes Insipidus (DI) and Diabetes Mellitus (DM) have most of the same symptoms but are completely different.

Cause(s): There are four different types of DI and each of them have different causes.

- For Pituitary DI (also known as neurogenic DI), it is caused by a lack of hormone that increases the concentration of urine, thus reducing kidney urine output called vasopressin. The lack of vasopressin is caused by the destruction of the back of the pituitary gland, where vasopressin is produced. The destruction can be caused by other diseases such as tumours, infections, head injuries, surgery, brain diseases and other inhereditable defects.

- Gestational DI is caused during pregnancy the pituitary gland can get damaged and/or the Placentia destroys the hormone too rapidly, thus causing DI during pregnancy.

- Nephrogenic DI is caused by the kidneys being unable to respond to the effect of vasopressin. The effects can be caused by drugs or hereditary kidney diseases.

- Dipsogenic DI is caused when vasopressin is suppressed by excessive intake of fluids. This type of DI is hard to differentiate from Pituitary DI. There is an abnormality in the part of the brain that regulates thirst. This is caused by some brain diseases.

Symptoms: Most of the symptoms of DI are similar to Diabetes Mellitus (“sugar” diabetes). They are:

- Increased urination.
- Nocturia (awakens the person to urinate in the night) or enuresis (Involuntarily urinates while the person is asleep. Also known as bedwetting).
- Increased thirst. Most of the urine is water, so the body needs to replenish the lost water.

All the types of DI have the same symptoms, other than Dipsogenic DI, which can also cause lethargy, nausea, headache, and loss of appetite.

Statistics: Every web site I checked said that there was only a hypothesis on how many people have DI in Canada. It is estimated that 4, 800 people in Canada have DI.

Diagnosis: To determine if someone has DI, they test a person’s vasopressin levels. If the person has a low vasopressin production, or none, then they are diagnosed with DI. Excessive thirst and excessive urination also help determine DI.

Treatment and Prognosis: Some of the types of DI cannot be treated and are permanent. Some of them are only temporary (which I will list):

- Pituitary DI is usually permanent and cannot be cured. However, there are various drugs that help control the constant thirst and urination. There is a drug that gives artificial vasopressin known as demopressin or DDAVP.

- Gestational DI can be treated with DDAVP as well, though gestational DI often disappears between 4 to 6 weeks after labour and the medication can be stopped. The symptoms of DI can recur during other pregnancies.

- Nephrogenic DI cannot be treated with DDAVP. Depending on the cause, it may or may not be curable by eliminating the offending drug or disease. The hereditable form is permanent and some of the others may not be curable. There are treatments that can partially relieve the symptoms.

- Dipsogenic DI presently cannot be treated. Nocturia can be relieved by taking small doses of DDAVP.

The prognosis varies depending on if it is treated and depends on the cause of DI.

Prevention / Risk Factors: I could not find any ways to prevent DI.

Extra notes:
- As far as studies show, DI does not reduce life-span
- Excessive urination is considered if an adult urinates more than 50mL/kg body weight per two hours.
- Excessive thirst is someone who drinks more than 12 glasses of water per day, or 4 Litres.

Sources:
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/insipidus/
http://www.diabetesinsipidus.org/
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000377.htm

lol. Mindgames.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ryan just won the thread. ****ing priceless.

I'd say more like 48 people in Canada have DI though xD

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol i just did the most ****ed up thing ever, i did knee into dair on falco on kongo jungle he got knocked into the barrel shot up in a stright line, then i did week knee to knee this was on lv 1 cp

Niko_K

Smash Master
Santana are you willing to trade for CIB N64 games? xD. Also Niagara has a melee scene once again. We have 2 new players from the falls are who actually good. Melee practices at my house are going to turn into SBaN tri weeklies again., I hope we can integrate our scenes so we both attend eachothers events.

LOL 420 posts afro.

idea

Smash Master
not my house, and i don't think i could come on saturday...but likelyly i could on sunday. ('likely' wouldn't be exactly right there)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
looooooool Unknown's post was so win.

Toronto is taking over the Melee backroom it seems. Good ****!

And someone pleeeeeeeease hold something this weekend. No school on Monday=Sunday smash and lots of it?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd come with Anth if there's any Melee this Sat/sun

pleeaaaseee

idea

Smash Master
oh hey, you too. i guess ryan and/or desh convinced other people?

haha, you know what, toronto as a region now probably has one of the highest ratios of people in the backroom to not. depending on who you consider to be regular, we could be said to have about half our community in the SBR.

edit: cave story has really good music. dandy, even.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm trying to hammer out an essay.

I don't want to work on it anymore because it's boring. But I want to smash tomorrow so I have to get it done tonight >:

idea

Smash Master
you could try repeating yourself with different words and reorganizing the sentence. they might not notice.

or you could do that thing where you increase the size of all the periods, adding, around half a page for every 3 or 4 pages. it was a surprising amount, and the periods looked basically the same...but then, TAs probably have a good eye for papers that look slightly different after marking so many of them.

edit: ten isn't bad for toronto, either X_X hardly anyone comes out anymore.

sauc3

Smash Lord
london has like 16+ people that play melee at a competitive level, but noones nearly as good as some of the GTA players, cept maybe JPOBS

Top Bottom