• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
tourneys for the summer.
June - Almost as Cool as Genesis & Where You At tourney
July - Final Only In Niagara (Canadian Genesis) & Genesis
August - Havoc in the hammer? and a melee and brawl tourney that is being set up for august 8th.

idea

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

brawl+ looks pretty awesome with the balance changes. they're really making it interesting with detailed patch notes...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I still strongly, strongly feel that they should be using a consistent patch for a month or two to see how the metagame establishes itself and what's actually good. Constantly updating the patch removes the need for innovation. If you dislike a matchup or feel your character's not good enough, you can complain about it to them for a good ten minutes and then get them buffed in the next one and that's counterproductive because the long-term effect is that there's no stability.

I don't want to put effort into a character, only to have them super nerfed a week later because I'm winning with them or because it's "too hard" to come up with an answer for them. That seems like a waste. Moreover, constant updates mean we see very little of what each character is actually capable of in comparison to one another. It took people 4 - 5 years to make Melee fluid, and about a year to find out the first few layers in Brawl. Considering the lower level of seriousness approaching Brawl+, the lower amount of people playing it competitively, and the general distaste towards it as a tournament event by many people (not necessarily us, but others), there is no way we can argue we know sh*t about this game after playing it for a few hours at home, or for a week amongst friends in a tournament for no money. Especially when there's only one supplier of the game.

tl;dr I think Brawl+ could eventually churn out a fun game at some point. Trouble is, I have a sneaking suspicion that at the rate we're going through patches, we're not going to recognize it or discover it when we see it.

D

Deleted member

David you make a great point. Except at this point (if you ask me) they're mainly only buffing characters and not nerfing them. For example, improving Link's up-b (now takes him higher) ; giving Samus stronger missiles (she can also now double missile)

They are not nerfing top tiers much. but you're right.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm all for buffing bad characters; I think they're moving too fast.

I'm glad to hear they've stopped trying to pull a 64 --> Melee on the top tiers though.

D

Deleted member

btw ive only played brawl+ a total of one times. :/ all of this is just what i see on the smash workshop. quite an interesting forum if you ask me.. some of the texture hacks are amazing

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
go sit on a pickle
Count me in on it... lol
oh sweet
I THOUGHT THAT SAID NEVER EAT PIMECOMES

man, my eyes screw with me sometimes
What do you mean? =S

The guy singing in the recordings? Yeh. But that's not how he sounds.
go eat an eggplant

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Was Sylar at R O M? I swear I got a glimpse of someone that looked like him.

EDIT: Just got a better shot, it was him. Rofl, he was the Fox that M2K beat and said "It's easy when everyone plays the same character."

Top Bottom