• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Address:

3 Muirfield Trail, Markham
Kennedy and Major Mac

It's the Angus Glen complex, right across the street from Pierre Elliot Trudeau High School and a Plaza with Pizza Nova and Subway and some random medical offices.

To bus, I'm not sure of the actual buses and schedules, but the TTC and YRT websites are what I used when I used to bus.

Basically, go across to Kennedy and up Kennedy to Major Mac. Or you can go up whatever street you want to Major Mac and go across to Kennedy. Right at Major Mac and Kennedy is my complex, and there's a bus that can take you into the complex from there. Or you can walk through my complex... about a 5-10 minute walk to my house from there, I believe. If you're Mike, it's like a 60 second walk.

If anyone is going to drive, I suggest to take the DVP/404 north to Major Mac, across (east) to Kennedy and just before Kennedy (it's the last turn in before Kennedy, hard to miss) you can turn in on the right. Mapquest can help navigate the little streets to my house from there.

Here's the Mapquest link for my house: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Markham&state=ON&address=3+Muirfield+Trail

SUPER EDIT: For those commuting, this is the stuff you need.

I grazed the YRT site and found this:

http://www.yrt.ca/maps/navigators/8.pdf

Basically, you just need to find a way to get on that route, which would be any bus that takes you across to Kennedy, north of Steeles. Quote from page:

When this trip arrives at Kennedy Rd and Major Mackenzie Dr., bus will service the
Prospectors diversion

^Which is hawt. Get off anywhere on Prospector's Drive and it's like a 2 minute walk to my house.

EDITEDIT: Alternate route (probably good for Kyle and Stos or anyone else that wants to go on VP up or is taking the subway to VP station):

http://www.yrt.ca/maps/pdf/24d_map.pdf

Take the route from VP subway up to Major Mac (the big A on the right map). From there take:

http://www.yrt.ca/maps/navigators/4.pdf

Across to Kennedy and get off right before Kennedy at Prospector's Drive. You can walk in from there fairly easily by following mapquest or call my cell - 647 293 5693.

Anyone else needs directions, just ask, but the YRT site is a pretty big help. It's going to be an epic journey, but not that epic.

Sanu

Smash Champion
FYI I'll be coming for one of the days. Don't know when, so don't ask xP

idea

Smash Master
usefull peter is confirmed, sending supplies........

no but seriously u can confirm sylar and imadh
but i don't need any more bombs! i've already been saving them for the asteroid field!

What days you guys comin?
i'm probably coming next thursday. stos, wanna go with me? actually, you might not want to this time, cause i have class on thursday first.

yeah, wait a minute...julian, is there any good way to get to your place from york university? i think there might be. two of the streets bordering the campus are steeles and keele.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
but i don't need any more bombs! i've already been saving them for the asteroid field!

i'm probably coming next thursday. stos, wanna go with me? actually, you might not want to this time, cause i have class on thursday first.

yeah, wait a minute...julian, is there any good way to get to your place from york university? i think there might be. two of the streets bordering the campus are steeles and keele.
Course, York might be faster than your house. Maybe it's the same, I dunno. Take the Viva from York going east (it's the purple line), all the way to Kennedy. Get off at Kennedy and take the Kennedy line I posted up there^. Get off at Prospector's Drive on the Kennedy line and walk in 2 minutes.

Great if you can come Thursday, but I think Stos said he's trying to come Friday.

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Santana, I'd like to come on Thursday. I'll likely be taking public transit, so if anyone wants to bus with me let me know.

idea

Smash Master
Course, York might be faster than your house. Maybe it's the same, I dunno. Take the Viva from York going east (it's the purple line), all the way to Kennedy. Get off at Kennedy and take the Kennedy line I posted up there^. Get off at Prospector's Drive on the Kennedy line and walk in 2 minutes.

Great if you can come Thursday, but I think Stos said he's trying to come Friday.
k...so i'll either come thursday afternoon/evening, or friday morning with stos.

do you know where on the york campus viva buses go? cause it's not in the main ttc area.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
k...so i'll either come thursday afternoon/evening, or friday morning with stos.

do you know where on the york campus viva buses go? cause it's not in the main ttc area.
Kay, either is good.

As for buses, Paul and Osamn would know best. I know Paul has been on the Viva to York when the weeklies were still going down.

i was gunna go friday but now i might come thursday n bring omni n maybe imadh n crash wait... i dont think i can bring imadh monday.....
Come Thursday and crash. Can you guys bring cubes/TVs?

idea

Smash Master
what, at that street fighter tournament? g'luck. i'd go if there were one or two melee setups...

but i think this weekend is also the last melee alphamale biweekly. i'd probably go to that if i had someone to go with so i don't get lost on my way to sauga.

I.B

Smash Lord
bernard's talking about the rochester tourney.

and the alphamale biweekly is a maybe. depends on how much interest is shown.

idea

Smash Master
hey guys, anuraj/michael chen is coming over to my place for smash tomorrow. so anyone else can come too.

you can't stay over or anything though, cause it's not an official smashfest. but come anyway. bring cubes too, that always helps.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
paul or osman? halp?

oh yeah, i can bring a wii & melee.
Do you know where the new Ontario Archives building was built? That big glass structure near the Student Centre? That's where the Viva and YRT buses chill. I think that should be enough of a description, I hope.

idea

Smash Master
EDIT

k, for people coming to my house tomorrow...yeah first, come at 2pm (new page). second, if you think you'll be here first, bring either a wiimote or a cube. i forgot my wiimote at another house =P so without one of those two things, we can't play anything.

that said, anuraj has said he's bringing a cube. it might be better to just arrive a little after 2. or you could risk having non-smash bros social interaction :cry: yeah, i guess it doesn't matter either way. the next paragraph is more important than this one.

another person should bring a cube anyway. if anuraj, christian and josh come, that's 4 people, so it'd be good to have the option for 2 singles tvs if we want.

Do you know where the new Ontario Archives building was built? That big glass structure near the Student Centre? That's where the Viva and YRT buses chill. I think that should be enough of a description, I hope.
ah okay. so i'll wander around that area =P thanks. as long as i have a general idea of where to look i'll be fine.

tried to watch a movie in hd 720p just now on my computer. after trying three media players and downloading an hd codec, it was still a bit laggy and out of sync. =( i'll just watch something else and download a lesser version of it. i don't want this high quality anyway, you can just see the crevices on people's faces.

idea

Smash Master
bump! lol.

only doubleposting cause you guys haven't in a while. what are you, asleep or something?

episode 20 of cowboy bebop is intense. O_O

Sanu

Smash Champion
No way, you're not allowed.

GAY PEOPLE ONLY. No wait, you are allowed, lol.

Top Bottom