• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
address: canada

ask for david

don't worry about bringing your passport, we let anyone in!

(it's true, i've gone back over the border before without having to show my passport =P)

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey wth wat about my disciples , i'm sending them over at 12 cuz they got 3 and 4th spare :D
plus david if u see this before 7:30 tell me if not nvm....do u have a vcr that can record i have empty tapes and i wana get a bunch of matches recorded.............if your wondering y i haven't uploaded the old ones its cuz my youtube account is on the blacklist due to breaking the law of copywrite (which was putting the busta rhymes song in my combo video) and now all my uploads get f***ed up,,,,,,,,f*** u youtube,,,,,

Sanu

Smash Champion
You're so cold Josh

/wrists
=D

10wrists

Edit: I might not make it today. I've been up all night studying for an exam I have in two hours from now and I feel like complete ****. And I'm not done the last topic yet, yay! I need food.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
There are 100000 Omnis.

But yeah, don't come before 12. Or I won't let you in.

I so far have

Josh
Chris
Andy
Person
Stos
Omni
Idea
Bernie
Ryan
Eric
Ndot
Afro
Osman
Paul
Julian
Peter
Michael Chen
Tameka **

Maybes include

Sylar
Sylar's disciples (mostly just Imadh)
Andrew *
Allen *
Adam

* The super twins never post but they show up randomly

** V. I. P. (Probably more important than you)

I haven't counted how many that is, but it looks like a lot >_______<

Because of this I'm not letting many people crash. I can't let all of you stay, it's just unrealistic. I'm going to ask people to leave or start leaving at midnight.

A great deal of what can happen and what cannot happen lies in whether my dad comes home or not. I also need to get the water heater fixed, which is another problem altogether, because this Sunday is my sister's party at 4 and my Dad/Sister are paranoid about cleanliness, so when you leave the house has to be in acceptable condition. I will be demanding help cleaning up around 11:30, I strongly suggest you pitch in (even if it's only a little bit) if you want to be able to come back to these.
alright can you pm me directions.

anyone wanna meet up victoria park around 2ish? then we go to davids =D

i'll be checking the boards and yeah. i get off school around 120.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
think someone stole my wallet, might not come today if i cant find it.

edit: my social security, health card, etc + money was in it, do i need any of that kinda stuff to go to ct? if i do i ****ing hate my life and if it was stolen i'm gonna be pissed

Meverse

Smash Cadet
think someone stole my wallet, might not come today if i cant find it.

edit: my social security, health card, etc + money was in it, do i need any of that kinda stuff to go to ct? if i do i ****ing hate my life and if it was stolen i'm gonna be pissed
dang, sry bout wat happend man, i'd be super pissed if that happend

idea

Smash Master
you would have been fine anyway, you only need your passport to cross the border (and the venue isn't gonna ask for id =P) make sure you have that/it's still valid by the way, cause if not there's still time to fix that.

york is still on strike. i hear if it goes till january then the school can be legislated back in without a resolution, so it looks like that'll be happening. if i were the union i probably would have accepted the offer by now and just gone to strike again a few years later to get the other things they wanted.

stos: you're probably asking me more than most people, so no, i'ma leave earlier...david's address is, go to maxome and steeles and walk north till you see his house =P i think it's 85 henderson or something like that, but you should know what it looks like by now. unit 20 is the more important number. and for busing...west to yonge station, north to finch station, take the steeles east (53?) bus.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
hey wth wat about my disciples , i'm sending them over at 12 cuz they got 3 and 4th spare :D
plus david if u see this before 7:30 tell me if not nvm....do u have a vcr that can record i have empty tapes and i wana get a bunch of matches recorded.............if your wondering y i haven't uploaded the old ones its cuz my youtube account is on the blacklist due to breaking the law of copywrite (which was putting the busta rhymes song in my combo video) and now all my uploads get f***ed up,,,,,,,,f*** u youtube,,,,,
I have a vcr but it's probably too late now.

Hi I.B.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
2 day was awsome guys we should start up the smashturbation thing again, hiii imadh dont u like the last game we played :D:D i guess we'll have 2 finsh it next time :D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
omg.
SEX IN MA ****ING ***.
DAVID ILY. THANKS FOR HOSTING. although you didnt mean to have like 10 billion people at your house, it was very fun.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
David, you're the best. Thanks so much for hosting, that was probably the best night of the strike so far; it was sick getting reacquainted with everyone again, continuing to work on my Sheik and getting my @55 turned inside out by Bernard, haha. So much footage was recorded, I'm excited to see it all on Youtube soon.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
David, you're the best. Thanks so much for hosting, that was probably the best night of the strike so far; it was sick getting reacquainted with everyone again, continuing to work on my Sheik and getting my @55 turned inside out by Bernard, haha. So much footage was recorded, I'm excited to see it all on Youtube soon.
your sheik is getting there just keep playing and go aorund the shiek boards. also if you have videos recorded watch it to find your weak points and mistakes and think of a way around it.

also add me
christianbacquel@Live.com

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
For those who may not have seen it on tournament listings thread, there will be Smash tournament in Hamilton Ontario on Dec 27/08. Double elimination, cash pool. Check out the "Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament in /Hamilton Ontario/ Dec 27th 2008" thread for more details, or goto www.pownz.com

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
For those who may not have seen it on tournament listings thread, there will be Smash tournament in Hamilton Ontario on Dec 27/08. Double elimination, cash pool. Check out the "Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament in /Hamilton Ontario/ Dec 27th 2008" thread for more details, or goto www.pownz.com
most of us probably seen this but this thread is made of melee'rs.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
your sheik is getting there just keep playing and go aorund the shiek boards. also if you have videos recorded watch it to find your weak points and mistakes and think of a way around it.

also add me
christianbacquel@Live.com
I took Bernard's Falcon down to 1 stock in pools after you left, but then he destroyed me with Fox and took the set, haha. I have no idea what to do against Link, I'm only familiar with the top tier match ups; I probably should have chaingrabbed you more, but it's friendlies, I can't bring myself to do that, haha.

Edit: You recorded two matches that I had with my friend Paul right before you left, whenever you have the time, I'd like to see those posted on Youtube or something. Thanks a lot for recording them in the first place :D.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I took Bernard's Falcon down to 1 stock in pools after you left, but then he destroyed me with Fox and took the set, haha. I have no idea what to do against Link, I'm only familiar with the top tier match ups; I probably should have chaingrabbed you more, but it's friendlies, I can't bring myself to do that, haha.

Edit: You recorded two matches that I had with my friend Paul right before you left, whenever you have the time, I'd like to see those posted on Youtube or something. Thanks a lot for recording them in the first place :D.
alright i'll tell peterx to put them up.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Guys, if worse comes to worse we might need a hotel room for OiN, would people be down for this? Stos and I are talking about this. I've done this type of thing at AN08 where 10 people split the cost of a room and comes down to 10-20 each. This will guarantee us our own room and stuff. That is, if we can get that many to pitch in.

idea

Smash Master
Guys, if worse comes to worse we might need a hotel room for OiN, would people be down for this? Stos and I are talking about this. I've done this type of thing at AN08 where 10 people split the cost of a room and comes down to 10-20 each. This will guarantee us our own room and stuff. That is, if we can get that many to pitch in.
can't do that. i asked my mom, she said hotels don't let extra people stay in a room...so a "4-person room" can't have more than 4 people sleeping in it. that would be a fire hazard...and they'd be losing money =P

note to self: you can go not-jiggs sometimes. my jiggs wasn't working too well vs. andy [good job btw, he beat me in pools =)] and it just occurred to me that i could have tried sheik or something. also i need to...not miss things so much. bernard says he's inconsistent, but i'll sometimes end up playing twice as well at one point during the day than at another, earlier point.

ryan - if you can think of anything else my jiggs should be doing vs. your fox, post about it please

oh, and thanks for hosting again david, lots of fun as always. if you want help organizing stuff in the future just ask. melee is so fun that we sometimes lose track of things like...that pizza someone was supposed to pick up.

D

Deleted member

im pretty sure i slept on the floor of the doubletree at anime north :p

oh, how disillusioned was i, thinking an anime con would be fun.

on a brighter note, i just came all over uoft's face. meaning i'm done, so keep this thread updated with your various shenanigans and i might pop in.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
Ryan posting:

More vids are up.

and kyle, I dunno how else to help you. Try and land grabs without shield-grabbing (it's a ***** to do), and try to out-space me I guess.

Lol, I have a recorded match beating imadh's fox with pichu!! Hahahahahaha

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
can't do that. i asked my mom, she said hotels don't let extra people stay in a room...so a "4-person room" can't have more than 4 people sleeping in it. that would be a fire hazard...and they'd be losing money =P
oh how naive you are :p

back in anime north we literally stuffed 12 people for a 2 person room. and got away with it for 2 nights, and that was anime north where a whole lot of ppl were doing that so they came to check alot

Niko_K

Smash Master
I hope you guys can get all your housing stuff worked out. M2K is coming and I just talked vidjo into coming as well.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
okay guys:

- Ω/\/\@77|-|3\/\/Ω - Hollow Mimic - "Us Nobodies feel Nothing" says:
man i could imagine how hectic this is getting
Niko - Dec 20th OiN 2.5 @ Club LaSalle, Melee + Brawl MEW2KING!!!!!! says:
its really stressing me out
mainly the melee guys
about housing
and getting there
really?
i was pretty sure they're all going for the hotel
stos runs to me telling me all this stuff
oh these people are coming
put this down for confirmed
thats the thing
they arent communicating
wanna tell them to get there **** straight for me?

seriously, lets get our **** straight, we need solid plans for housing, I'll do or help in what ever you need to get done. seriously, M2K might be coming to this.

Top Bottom