• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I teamed with Vash (Jiggs from sask I trained up) and we went double jiggs lol. It was pretty epic.
WC is good, I'm just good too. =D

(Actually I'm not that good I just rest people a lot, its not even fair really....)

Anyways yeah I've got a pretty good seeding for tomorrow, wish me luck!

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
I teamed with Vash (Jiggs from sask I trained up) and we went double jiggs lol. It was pretty epic.
WC is good, I'm just good too. =D

(Actually I'm not that good I just rest people a lot, its not even fair really....)

Anyways yeah I've got a pretty good seeding for tomorrow, wish me luck!
best of luck Nate (^^)d

LOL u hit 1337 post count XD

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Roxor: Yea I'll come.

5ive: Playing Brawl with you and that other guy at LBT was my first time playing probably a month. I don't play on wifi much. haha

Josh: ****.

Nate: good ****.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Sorry Bernard. My academic career is much more important than smash atm =/. I have a chance of failing this term if I don't work hard.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
78$ isn't that cheap. I can't spend that much on a single weekend. If we had got it back around when it was 50...

blahh. I had a feeling this would happen.

idea

Smash Master
well, if quebec doesn't work out, we ought to have a tournament in toronto that weekend. like an actual one...maybe not with normal entry fees, but one with money involved. we just haven't done that in so long.

unknown522

Some guy
haha, YES PLEASE, it's always great to get tips from the best, what do you suggest on doing when playing against higher tiers such as fox, shiek, marth, falcon (haha, meverse!) and any other general pointers and combos?
vs fox: use lots of b-air. It is the only move he has that will beat most of his moves. Down smash is really good too. try to land grabs, and do up throw from them. Grabs are hard to land because of move spam from fox.

vs falco: This match is near impossible vs a good falco. use lots of b-air, and try to cape his first laser, or dodge them all together. down smash is good again. Try to land grabs, and do up throw from them. Grabs are hard to land because of move spam from falco + laser spam.

vs marth: throw pills, then try to get inside his range with a grab, or jab when he's in the air. Combo using down throw, and try to cape his recovery.

vs Sheik: chain grab her. This match up is stupidly hard even with the chain grab. Down throw -> f-smash or down smash for kill or edgeguard set up.
ryan...have i ever beat you in a match, EVER? i was thinking about it and i'm not sure. i can come close now though =P
you beat my falco once a few months ago.
aight, raynex, i'm still awaiting an answer from you, if you want to you can come along with mevs to smash. anybody else willing to come over to mccowan and finch to smash?
I would come over, but I'm busy this monday, and tuesday

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
vs fox: use lots of b-air. It is the only move he has that will beat most of his moves. Down smash is really good too. try to land grabs, and do up throw from them. Grabs are hard to land because of move spam from fox.

vs falco: This match is near impossible vs a good falco. use lots of b-air, and try to cape his first laser, or dodge them all together. down smash is good again. Try to land grabs, and do up throw from them. Grabs are hard to land because of move spam from falco + laser spam.

vs marth: throw pills, then try to get inside his range with a grab, or jab when he's in the air. Combo using down throw, and try to cape his recovery.

vs Sheik: chain grab her. This match up is stupidly hard even with the chain grab. Down throw -> f-smash or down smash for kill or edgeguard set up.
also against spacies and marth, make sure you edge gaurd them properly, so its basically bair and cape for ya XP
At higher percents ( like starting at 90 probably) dont try to combo or anything, once they hit a higher % get them off the stage and be a *****.
dthrow>fair on marth is pretty much gauranteed. (at certain %'s)
you have gauranteed cg pretty much from sheik until like , well unless theyre horrible you wont get past like mid 30's with the cg ( i dont even know if you can get to 30 tbh, i dont play much sheiks)
fox and falco you can cg

basically just take advantage of your grabs. approach with nair mostly and make sure you cover yourself well with pills when its appropriate. I hear a lot that fair is good for approaching against samus but i've never personally been able to try that D:

when sheiks off the edge you better grab the edge because she basically has to go onto the stage, and then you can just hop back up to the stage and toss her out there again lol.

falcon is weird.
its a hard match cuz you have no reach D:
bair spam is win against falcon (same with lots of match ups)
and once you get a grab you better make sure you dont **** up cuz if you play right you can often take a stock from a grab. Falcons recovery is easy as HELLLL to cape, or gimp in general. so if you can get him off stage and you're a good edgegaurd then hes dead =/

idk cuz i never play sheiks except davids
but dthrow fair should work on sheik too at the right %'s.
and uthrow fair for spacies, but i'de rather just get them off the stage and edge gaurd cuz its more reliable.

edit: learning to power sheild consistently is a good idea vs falco too btw,

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
whoootttt? since when?
i've never been able to, and talking to other docs they havent been either D:
im pretty sure she can jump out at like 45

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
yeah the doc boards are making a new cg guide because a lot of the %'s on there are weirdz0r @_@

idea

Smash Master
i wish jiggs could chaingrab

darkrain seems more technical to me...he just looks like he has more control over falcon's movement. SS might be better at wavelanding things though =P

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I personally think Noobking has the best Falcon. Closely followed by Fogel of course.

Then me,

THEN SS and Darkrain.

CashMooney is somewhere near the bottom.

Roxor

Smash Rookie
First of all, Thanks to everyone for giving those doc tips!

And, Rayn, did you talk to Meverse? He comes over at a regular basis, like every monday and friday, so, he knows what time to come over.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I got 7th in singles! (tied with Kage lol) 5th in teams!

Lost to Mike Monkey ( real good marth, match was too close % 3rd round), and Silent Wolf, (2-0, but both last stock intense match, got recorded).

Not too shabby for my first real melee tournament since Pound 3 :chuckle:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Good **** Nate.

Mikemonkey is old school. He's a vet member of The Punch Crew.

When you say real good Marth, you mean Marth is real good vs. jiggs...right? ;)

WC = Lol. <3

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Haha well that and he played really well too.
I really do think I could have totally had the match but I was messing up my out of shield game soo much in the third round...
Maaan, I faced soo many Marths, and this one Sheik who camped like craaaazy... It was such a chore to play him, he like combo'd into camping....
It was not an easy day at all, Silent wolf like never ****s up either, he hit every single DI in a way that I couldn't rest him.

But really though WC = Pretty **** awesome.
Beast coast all day though!

Interesting note: Its really fun to **** in a tournament where only a few people in the place knew who you were beforehand.

Also there was this crazy part of the crew battle where I was vs Caotic (guy who knocked out Pkm) on Mute city and was at like 150% while he was on an almost fresh stock. He pulled out a bomb-omb as Peach, and then I rest comboed him ftw while he had the bomb, and just barely missed being blown up by the bomb as he died. Everybody went nuts hahaha.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Also there was this crazy part of the crew battle where I was vs Caotic (guy who knocked out Pkm) on Mute city and was at like 150% while he was on an almost fresh stock. He pulled out a bomb-omb as Peach, and then I rest comboed him ftw while he had the bomb, and just barely missed being blown up by the bomb as he died. Everybody went nuts hahaha.

Craziest game ever, no joke it was crazy. The crew battle got more attention than double finals.

Top Bottom