• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
Even if I go pikachu?
yes go pika.
god knows smash doesnt need anymore marth >=[

/marth haterz0r+rant

on a higher note. ive discovered im gonna invent something really cool. >_>
idk what yet =[

edit: i think i meant i've decided* not discovered. but just in case thats what i meant to say im not gonna edit it. @_@

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I was gonna spoil it too lol. Man, that made my day lol.

Nate, how's Sask doing you? I'd MSN it but like I can't get on MSN and **** lol. You gonna come to CAST4 for sure for sure?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Haha well I rarely ever go on msn here anyways cause I have zero peeps from sask on msn so its pretty useless.

I'm doing real well out here, besides a lacking smash scene its great here. I do miss the GTA a lot though, especially with this thanksgiving weekend and all.

I've been playing pretty much only melee out here so I don't scrub it up at cast4, and yes I should be going for sure for sure. Unless of course my ride randomly super bails, but I don't exactly see that happening. Who from the gta is making it to that anyways? You guys have a confirmed list or is it still up in the air?

game set

Smash Apprentice
Did you play Sub Space/Continuum, or an FPS by any chance?
No, i pick up fps's fast though. I've played soldat, ssb64, rs, mario kart ds, pokemon, cs, halo, and definitely many more religiously. As soon (soon) as i get a decent internet setup i'll play anything thats fun though.

just don't play level 9s, you get used to their habits and it screws you up vs. people. play low level computers, or something like level 7 and be sure to consciously not fall into those patterns (the first one is easier). i find now though that that isn't fun anymore.

to be highly competitive at melee, you're gonna want to at least secondary someone high or top tier. so fox, falco, sheik, marth, peach - choose one =P stos for example is still highly competitive and mains link, but he can also play marth if he needs to, and everyone can play sheik. he keeps talking about using samus though <_<

I'm working on my fox and my link, i only play cp's to practice some combo's, but 90% of my practice goes to mindless tech or real people, both are really helpful.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
It's sorta up in the air, I'm like a 85% go, where as others like Mike, Bernard and Imadh arent sure. I might be the only one going lol, but after that it's like Mike and Bernard that are likely to come.

lol I bet it's more than just smash that you miss GTA for. Going from Toronto to Sask is huuuuge difference and ****. Colder and like.. a whole bunch of nothing lol. You planning to stay there for the full program? or are you planning on transferring back here? Also wtf are you studying there LOL

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hah well that sucks, hopefully you all end up in some big truck that brings like 8 people down there. Funny how I'd see you guys for the first time in a while in alberta of all places...

Yeah, there's a lot of weird changes. Mostly just people being extra country/white is the biggest one. The culture is really weird, they don't understand like any of my slang, and they're all from middle of nowhere towns. You don't know how many chicks I've hit on who're farmer's daughters....

Chances are I'll be transferring back to toronto after next year, until then I'm taking a couple of things, psyche for one. ( Mindgames son!)

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
However, your previous post did not reflect that.
Yea I guess that post was not a good one about getting better and showing my attitude to practice. I do practice alone, but not that many hours in 2 days before, however he is a new player and learning advanced techniques and stuff, so I guess its fine. Its just I would rather practice with people for long hours instead, cause its a better way to practice and learn new stuff, plus its more fun. Not that you would care anyway, but I'm just throwin that out there. lol

All I wanted was for him to be aware of his health and not get too caught up to make himself get sick or anything. You're not gona smash at ur best if you're sick. :p

Anyways, I hope you don't judge me by that one post as one of those stupid noob kids going around saying stupid stuff to other people lol. I hope to play you one day and get *****, as you are the best ganon in the world. lol

D

Deleted member

transfer back! **** man. come to uoft - i know you have teh yellow fever - going to UofT feels like going to UofHongKong

also, eric super fails. hoooly **** lmao

Edit: putting this out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0fzXkybu1k

if you don't like this song you have something wrong with you

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
iuno...

I thought everyone knew about Anther already.

Honestly youtube him or something. lol...After you figure it out I'll tell you this funny story involving him, chinesahh and I at pound 3.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
bro, pound 3 was a melee tournament.
Which is why it confused me when he mentioned Brawl characters.

Why say someone doesn't main characters from Brawl when referencing a tournament that was Melee only?

I searched Anther on smashboards and on Youtube and the first things that popped up were Brawl-related.

This always happens to me: Someone says something that I already know but, because of the way he said it or the words he used I get confused and think something else and then everyone wonders why I'm thinking that.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^No backwards logic johns.
The fact is he refered to a melee tournament in which Anther qualified for brackets.
Then you said "I'm talking about melee, not brawl."

Weather he said Metaknight or not, the first part should have lead you on the right track.
Critical thinking ftw.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
ANYWAYS.

Anther plays Pika in Melee...and he's **** good. I watched him 3 stock Chinesahh and other good Foxes in bracket matches. Hilarious.

He actually goes Pika in real tournaments. I admire that guy.

He's also black. ;)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
lol go to sleep bernard. Its 4:10 here right now so that means it was 5:40 for you when you posted that.

How is the future anyways?

3rix edit: Yeah, no johns is kind of unfair... it beats everything.... especially if the person is not johning because it instantly reframes things as if they are, try it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
^No backwards logic johns.
The fact is he refered to a melee tournament in which Anther qualified for brackets.
Then you said "I'm talking about melee, not brawl."

Weather he said Metaknight or not, the first part should have lead you on the right track.
Critical thinking ftw.
Well, it obviously didn't or else people wouldn't be laughing at me right now.

I'd explain further but, you'd probably render it invalid by calling "no johns" again.

I hope Adnan answers my question tomorrow.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
All the up and comers that played in the crew battle:

Watch how you played closely and find out what you did wrong. Grabs you should have had, combos you shouldn't have failed. Make a point to improve your game based on what you did "under pressure" during the crew battle.

I saw alot of you guys trying to get really focused even though we were screaming and stuff, so take this opportunity to visually acknowledge your mistakes and make steps towards changing them.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
note to self: against mike, ban yoshi's, counterpick mute. =P marths can actually camp pretty well on brinstar, i see.
LOL I could have told you those rules long time ago. brinstar is still good vs marth though, you basically force them to ban either that or mute.

Top Bottom