• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
both. the reason i wanna meet up with you guys is cuz i wanna get better at melee though... and cuz i wanna familiarize myself with our smash community.
welcome to the community man, hope we can play sometime. Just come out to play with us and you will get to know us in no time, it'll be fun. :D See you soon.

the afro is cut after my sexy Falcon combo'd the **** out of him
Imadh man, you cant do that to his afro, thats the point of afro chris. Y u so broken!?! O_o

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
er....I don't go TO york, but I've been going to the melee things...brown guy w/ brown hat, main is a scrubby marth...ring a bell? but yeah. thats me. haha

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
welcome to the community man, hope we can play sometime. Just come out to play with us and you will get to know us in no time, it'll be fun. :D See you soon.
thanks a lot man! glad to be here! ya i will for sure. i'm looking forward to it. October's pretty packed for me though thats why i said November. so i'll make sure to stay updated here with whats going on.

idea

Smash Master
so why is there this rush of new people all of a sudden who specifically want to play melee? i mean, none of these people were competitive brawl players, so it's not like they stopped liking it and wanted to try out melee competitively...

idea

Smash Master
just duck a lot, empty sh to move around, shield a lot, and do nair --> move

and then bair. a lot.

fair spam is also acceptable but should be used less than bair spam.

falling uair is also good for combos and stuff.
for resting (high tiers):

sheik - uptilt, falling upair (upair is usually falling), crouch under/cancelled dash attack and all her grabs
marth - i don't think uptilt works very well, falling/not falling upair, crouch under grabs
fox - upthrow, upair, uptilt, and nair to any of those 3
falco - same as fox except weirder timing, and mango says uptilt doesn't generally work on him (does calling him out work too? let's see)
peach - upair rest at low %...maybe utilt, i haven't tried that much...i just find that peachs and marths DI uptilts really easily for some reason, and it's not guaranteed on them even if you hit.
falcon (almost high tier) - upthrow upair rest works sometimes, but seems to be not too hard to DI, maybe that's just me...utilt or uair if you catch him at high enough % (and i don't know what that is, but i'm guessing above 20)
jigglypuff - you have made a mistake, restart the game

then you can nair-rest and techchase/roll-predict rest any character.

if you miss you'll probably die, but you're jigglypuff, you would have died pretty soon anyway =)

oh, and someone correct me if i'm wrong about any of this.

are we still nominating for "worst DI ever" ?

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=YTnXA5SRyXM&NR=1
nair, dash attack, dash attack, nair, fsmash =P but i bet one of the european DI videos is worse.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
you better come out to the next event man.
i'll do my best! glad to hear i'm welcome though. thanks guys.

and on the serge of melee players. personally i've been meaning to come out once or twice already since beginning of sept. but life got in the way. i'll be sure to make some time for smashage in the near future though.

don't get me wrong i still play brawl, and still enjoy it... but there's something about getting a wicked looking combo into a knee and then L-cancelling a D air into a 'show me your moves' that just cant be replaced lol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
psh.
Jump off the stage reverse Falcon Punch *hit* jump back on and taunt.

so yeah looks like were not doing anything this weekend.

idea

Smash Master
i'll do my best! glad to hear i'm welcome though. thanks guys.

and on the serge of melee players. personally i've been meaning to come out once or twice already since beginning of sept. but life got in the way. i'll be sure to make some time for smashage in the near future though.

don't get me wrong i still play brawl, and still enjoy it... but there's something about getting a wicked looking combo into a knee and then L-cancelling a D air into a 'show me your moves' that just cant be replaced lol
yeah, pretty much everyone in this thread agrees with you =P i should really learn falcon.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
lol at melee sex
yeah, pretty much everyone in this thread agrees with you =P i should really learn falcon.
haha i have a feeling i'm going to have to re-learn both my mains once i play with you guys. for the record i play sheik and CF... i tried playing fox... but my fingies aren't nimble enough

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol at melee sex

haha i have a feeling i'm going to have to re-learn both my mains once i play with you guys. for the record i play sheik and CF... i tried playing fox... but my fingies aren't nimble enough
Sheik ?

nice.

Link vs. Sheik.

i need practise in that match-up.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Sheik ?

nice.

Link vs. Sheik.

i need practise in that match-up.
ya i'd be up for that... though beware... it might not benefit you to play MY sheik... I will learn a lot though haha I like using Sheik and CF cuz the combo's aren't SUPER complex, just mixing up your aerials and such... unless i'm wrong. but thats been my experience with them

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
ya i'd be up for that... though beware... it might not benefit you to play MY sheik... I will learn a lot though haha I like using Sheik and CF cuz the combo's aren't SUPER complex, just mixing up your aerials and such... unless i'm wrong. but thats been my experience with them
nice.

btw.

Survivor.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
KEN HOANG - Tagged along this week, without making much of a splash at all. Weak social skills still hinder him, but he’ll be here for a while. His alliance with Michelle hurt him. Mid-pack.

The site says he's mid-tier :*( It's gonna be exciting watching Survivor xD

Top Bottom