• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Irony is fun. I queued up with 4 friends. One of them went Jarvan top. During loading screen, he saw the enemy team had Riven top, and he was afraid to go against Riven. Our mid offered to switch with him so he didn't have to fight Riven, but he said no, he'd deal with it.

We get into the game and their Riven goes mid and their Kassadin goes top and tells us that their Riven was afraid to go against Jarvan, so they switched.

:059:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Disconnects galore.
that poor dc
Also ranked is fun most of the time, it's at least a good time waster. Told myself I'd try master tier but honestly, some of these players in D5 is too much and makes me lethargic to the point I stop caring halfway into my attempts.
There's a good reason while you're in D5 it's like top 12k-16k on lolking, but as soon as you hit D4 you jump massively to like top 6k of players.

It's crazy how bad D5 is, it's like trying to get past Plat1. Total hell.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Garen nerfs felt unwarranted, but I still don't notice it as much.

What is the problem with him being slightly mobile with Movespeed?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hard man's plate + his natural movespeed and tankiness while ****ting out damage with black cleaver is insane.

Out of the juggernauts, the most broken is prolly darius while Morde is the weakest. Garen/Skarner are still strong and silly in soloq, anyone that's banning morde is just afraid and thinks all 4 are op still.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hard man's plate + his natural movespeed and tankiness while ****ting out damage with black cleaver is insane.

Out of the juggernauts, the most broken is prolly darius while Morde is the weakest. Garen/Skarner are still strong and silly in soloq, anyone that's banning morde is just afraid and thinks all 4 are op still.
Pant's on Dragon thought he was the best carry in bot lane apparently.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Thankfully that isn't true, people remember that 1. he's melee 2. Engage still ****s him early on 3. Kited lategame anyways even if he ****s on the AD early.
No escape or CC of any kind is basically a giant bullseye on his back at all times whether it's the jungler or midlane ganking.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace

Watch the first two minutes of patch notes with ZionSpartan. I laughed so hard when Scarizard threw him a soft ball question of his opinion on the patch with a smile on his face. And Zion just told him that Darius/Morde are going to be a pick or ban and insinuated if this is what the balance team wanted. Then Jag tries to explain what juggernauts are to defend the imba issues and Zirene made it even worse explaining that Worlds is about taking advantage of imbalance in the game especially with the changes to Maokai.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Rito doesn't know what the hell they're doing anymore, they just trying to make money off people while giving half assed buffs and nerfs.
Granted it works, but it still sucks.

Like, I want Project Lucian. Would like it to be 975 first week instead of second because I want to play the skin already, but they keeping it at 1350 to make it almost 400 more shekels for a pretty border instead of just making it 28% or wutever off for all skins the first few days. (master yi doesn't get any reduction btw for both "strikes")

Oy young goyim, think of the hard sweating hours our youngins put into making that border. Praise the star of David, encourage multiculturalism, don't forget to buy the next champ, 5 AD back on Warrior, please continue playing *puts away menorah*

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Rito doesn't know what the hell they're doing anymore, they just trying to make money off people while giving half ***** buffs and nerfs.
5.17: Kalista's identity is as a solo-carry. Therefore we're nerfing her ultimate and w.
5.16: Lucian's teammates can now proc his W to give him MS.

I D E N T I T Y​

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 11.53.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 11.54.58 PM.png

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Man I'm really glad all these popular ads are having their identities fixed, and all these bruisers are getting pushed to hyperboles of their kits and role. Whens poppy rework? When will Gallio get some love? Will less popular Champs get updates to make them popular? Or is the fleating situational viability of these guys good enough to just ignore them? Poppy got played in the jungle in lcs, has to be viable. Urgot was top pick for one patch, don't need to fix him. No one cares about Gallio I guess, maybe if they ever rework poppy, they will take him out of her lore and just delete him.

Just like, where are all these promises, and why are we getting new skins and adjustmentd to always good champs, instead of making the bad/situational champs better or less situational

Besides the money

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Man I'm really glad all these popular ads are having their identities fixed, and all these bruisers are getting pushed to hyperboles of their kits and role. Whens poppy rework? When will Gallio get some love? Will less popular Champs get updates to make them popular? Or is the fleating situational viability of these guys good enough to just ignore them? Poppy got played in the jungle in lcs, has to be viable. Urgot was top pick for one patch, don't need to fix him. No one cares about Gallio I guess, maybe if they ever rework poppy, they will take him out of her lore and just delete him.

Just like, where are all these promises, and why are we getting new skins and adjustmentd to always good champs, instead of making the bad/situational champs better or less situational

Besides the money
poppy is next on the rework block iirc
probably preseason

lordmud

Smash Rookie
did you guys know you can improve your Lol experience by deleting it off your computer and downloading Dota? true story breh

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bard is my go to support now. When I play Bard I have fun, it doesn't matter if I win or lose, having a character that rewards you for being a son of a ***** makes it worth.

And of course I go with the 72 hp + 20 mpen runepage.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't understand people going with non-meta picks when they don't even know how to play those non-meta champions. I did two games today. Game 1, enemy team had a Quinn ADC who was horrible and went 0/9, which easily let us win. I mean, yeah, they also had a Maokai jungle who doesn't really do much in this sated devourer meta (at least not from my experiences) so I was able to counter jungle him pretty hard and just deny him, but even then, that Quinn wound up feeding us kills, making their Annie support useless, and gave us control over dragon and easy objective control. I never realized how bad it was for a team to have a bad adc.

Then in game 2, the enemy team had a Janna mid... who wound up not doing well and managed to get herself caught out so many times. Someone on our team even said "This Janna is playing like she's good and can get out of anything, but keeps dying." Their whole team wound up just getting shut down though. I was Rumble vs. Riven top and just kinda shut her down extremely early. Got first blood on her. She did the typical Riven thing and tried to go all in yet again and gave me a 2nd kill, and from that point on she was behind and couldn't really do anything. Yeah, she played safe, but Riven is terrible when she's behind. I just don't understand the logic of "Oh, I went all in and died. Maybe if I try it again, the result will be different. Oh oops, I died again. Let me keep trying."

In other news, Sated Devourer makes it so easy to solo Baron.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Maokai got increased cdr on his ult. iirc the max level on his ult now has the same cooldown value as putting one point into the ability reducing how frequently you can use it as a utility / zoning mechanic although he was always gated by mana costs when I tried to use him in the jungle.

Devourer meta is also whatever. Most of the picks just need to be focused down because most people don't just rely on devourer and their champion's passive to win the game. 99% of the time they are relying on Botrk which delays their team fight potential even more until 35-40 minutes into the game resulting in them finally getting a build that will allow them to tank enough damage to proc lifesteal and auto benefits.

Based on my life in team builder and ranked team builder I.e. silver 5 / bronze 1 there are absolutely trash Rivens that manage to die to a level 2 Singed and they of course always have the Arcade Riven skin. Having my Riven lose top lane doesn't annoy me as much because I can understand why newer people just don't conceptually understand how to play her right off the bat. I am far more annoyed at seeing my mid lane main Ezreal die at level 3 to Lux and proceed to feed like crazy. I actually still do not understand how anyone feeds Lux when every single one of her offensive spells are dodgeable and have high cooldowns.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Maokai got increased cdr on his ult. iirc the max level on his ult now has the same cooldown value as putting one point into the ability reducing how frequently you can use it as a utility / zoning mechanic although he was always gated by mana costs when I tried to use him in the jungle.

Devourer meta is also whatever. Most of the picks just need to be focused down because most people don't just rely on devourer and their champion's passive to win the game. 99% of the time they are relying on Botrk which delays their team fight potential even more until 35-40 minutes into the game resulting in them finally getting a build that will allow them to tank enough damage to proc lifesteal and auto benefits.

Based on my life in team builder and ranked team builder I.e. silver 5 / bronze 1 there are absolutely trash Rivens that manage to die to a level 2 Singed and they of course always have the Arcade Riven skin. Having my Riven lose top lane doesn't annoy me as much because I can understand why newer people just don't conceptually understand how to play her right off the bat. I am far more annoyed at seeing my mid lane main Ezreal die at level 3 to Lux and proceed to feed like crazy. I actually still do not understand how anyone feeds Lux when every single one of her offensive spells are dodgeable and have high cooldowns.
IIRC the projectile speed and size of lux's e makes it literally impossible to dodge without a ms increase, dash, or blink for most characters if detonated immediately and directly on the character's center.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
IIRC the projectile speed and size of lux's e makes it literally impossible to dodge without a ms increase, dash, or blink for most characters if detonated immediately and directly on the character's center.
Her E buff was pretty nice.
However she still needs to walk in "unsafe" areas vs a lot of mid champs to pull off a undodgeable E. It's not simply free harass if the opponent is not a potato and I'd agree that her early kill pressure is pretty darn low without a jungler. Once she gets an advantage, it can be pretty crappy to play the lane for some champs.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Her E can't be used constantly to harass and even the amount of damage done on early harass can be mitigated by a lot of AD lifesteal champs restoring health by farming minions along with either lifesteal coming from runes or doran's blade.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
D5
#thuglife
6 loss streak and I know eventually I'll get back to either 80+ range or Promos and still lose.

Plz...
I played against sirchez last night, was fun. We just flash outplayed each other while my team got pooped on by adc jayce and xin jungle.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I've chosen to just let my MMR and ratings tank while I take a front seat to watching how crazy people react to losing in videogames. Lost so much CS in the "lane swap" with Vayne/Alistar after Vayne asked for a lane swap because they could no longer fight a 4/0 Draven they fed. Vayne then went top lane and fed top lane Malzahar as well, so that worked out great. I told Vayne that she should probably stop building AS and go straight for AD at this point because we weren't getting to late game and she wasn't having an impact because she had the same amount of AD as building a pick axe. I told the team before the game even started that I don't care if any lane feeds, just stay calm and think of ways to win. And then I said that they should just have fun even if they can't do the other two things. I guess some games are just 0/3.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Her E can't be used constantly to harass and even the amount of damage done on early harass can be mitigated by a lot of AD lifesteal champs restoring health by farming minions along with either lifesteal coming from runes or doran's blade.
Her E buff was pretty nice.
However she still needs to walk in "unsafe" areas vs a lot of mid champs to pull off a undodgeable E. It's not simply free harass if the opponent is not a potato and I'd agree that her early kill pressure is pretty darn low without a jungler. Once she gets an advantage, it can be pretty crappy to play the lane for some champs.
Both of you are correct and I'm not disagreeing with your conclusion cheerilee.You're absolutely correct in that lux doesn't have particularly strong snowballing in a 1v1 situation especially versus a character with blinks (that's CD hit light binding at top level AND he can reduce the CD with mystic shots). I was just pointing out that element as a technical detail.

She can be really nasty in lane when she's ahead and she has the pressure to just walk up into that range and harass if like that if you wanna take CS but she's only really a kill threat if you're eating constant bindings.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Still in love with Zz'rot Portals and Banner of Command. The push factor from both items is insane.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
93 points earlier, 33 now
D5 is fun. I just sit here wondering if I'd be back in D1 like last season if I could just get past D5. Hard to tell cause honestly, D5/Plat1/bronze feels like the void. Plat 2 and everything else is a real thing, the three mentioned are levels of hell that aren't real on this plane of existence

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My experiences in the few placement games I did are a big reason why I stay away from ranked. People with no runes/masteries, trolls, etc. I assume a lot of ranked is like that.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
My experiences in the few placement games I did are a big reason why I stay away from ranked. People with no runes/masteries, trolls, etc. I assume a lot of ranked is like that. :059:
In all honesty though ranked can be a really enjoyable experience. People always get along when your team is in the lead. If you can carry with an early game lane bully and take over the entire game before 30 minutes then most of the problems your team has won't even come to light and everyone is going to be super nice to each other.

People only get emotional when they start losing because they think that their time is being wasted. League often builds a Stockholm Syndrome complex that only lasts until laning pase and then abruptly breaks when an ally's tower goes down and the enemy team rotates to siege the next tower as the most direct and easiest way of transitioning their gold lead into another lane.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That happens in normals too.

Let's see, bored and before I go back to the grind I wanted to look at the last 5 loss streak I had to 0 points before heading back to 80-90+ points cause rito system :^)

Lucian game: we lose cause double jungle and we have maokai jungle while last pick chose ahri against kayle panth riven. Smart.
think both enemy junglers had 100+ cs each at 20 mins while of course maokai jungle has 50ish cuz >slow ms and clears

Anivia game: Get fed but team pulls a bronze three times and chases a single kill too much which resulted in trist getting a double in lane then triple top lane after chasing from like 2nd tier turret and into baron.

Rengar game: go 4/0/4 but Irelia goes 0/5 before 10 minutes against tank Jarvan (might I add his passive is bugged right now so his % health either sometimes doesn't work or at all) we lose cause he takes his lead to other lanes

Fizz game: Nothing special happens got a few kills mid against Yas, but bot lane forgets twitch has an invis and quite literally gets caught out bot lane alone each and everytime as if in a line. Also Shen so they do the twitch invis ult trick to net kills after dominating lane phase.
Jungler also blames me for bot losing cause I didn't roam?

Bard game: Elise acts silver and does dives too hard, gives double to yi mid lane which he snowballs into other lanes.

Back to hell, or rather 2-5 wins in a row for being close or in promos again then lose it all lol http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Hailfire+Slush

KRDsonic

Smash Master
And here I thought Diamond V would be better than that. Yowch.

Also, I know dumb things happen in normals too. It's why I only play summoner's rift queued up with a bunch of friends. Having 1 or 2 randoms is ok, but I'd rather not play completely solo.

I am cutting out one group of friends I sometimes play League with though, since every time I play with them, we lose about 80% of our games and it puts me on tilt really hard. No one trusting anyone's calls. People doing stupid stuff and getting caught out a lot. Hey, I'm Nasus top and was denied by Vayne top early game, but she's dead and I finally get a chance to farm? Sounds like a perfect time for our support Soraka to follow me up to top lane and ignore all of my pings to go away so that she can steal half of my farm when I'm the only one on our team doing decently at all!

It's just frustrating being in a game where everyone around me is at such low skill levels and I can't do anything about it. Nasus vs. Vayne top, which is obviously a horrible matchup, but she kept pushing to my tower so my jungler was able to come top a lot and give me free kills on her. I was roaming down to Mid and TPing bot quite a bit and getting stuff out of it, but every time I left lane to do that, Vayne would go to whichever lane I wasn't in and pick up kills as well. TP Bot? I get a kill and save one of our bot laners and save tower. Meanwhile, Vayne roams down to mid and kills our Heimer who has meanwhile been feeding the enemy mid THRESH.

So yeah. Probably not going to play with that group again lol. The Heimer was a random, but the rest, ugg. Our Rammus Jungler was doing ok, until he decided to build like an adc and try to 1 v 1 Vayne multiple times, giving her free kills.

Top Bottom