• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Get Low

Smash Ace
That actually sounds quite interesting.
I'll have to try him out one of these days.
Hopefully they buff him eventually...
and make him less ugly.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Urgot is kind of playable in top and mid but is not an optimal choice nor even a situational one. Mids cool because you can get the blue and no one will resent you for it (they will resent you for playing urgot though).

Also people who use Janna's Q to harass should be shot in the neck with no hesitation. Every time I see this it's only wasted mana and lost trades.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Urgot's been seen as "UP" for a very long time.
Muramana and Black Cleaver are both newer than Urgot's 'state'. When Muramana came into the fray and Jayce came popping back again, no one even sniffed at Urgot.

He's sleeper amazing.

Life

Smash Hero
Urgot's slated for a rework eventually, for similar reasons to Sion i.e. identity crisis (Sion's kit is really weird for a zombie juggernaut and Urgot tries to be both a tank and an ADC and doesn't really succeed at either)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sion is the weirdest character in league by far. He doesnt make any sense at all on so many levels.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Urgot is pretty lacking, there's never a reason to pick him over another character outside of just wanting to play as Urgot. He's of no help to your team outside of his ult unless he gets fed, but even if he DOES get fed, he still falls off late game. He also doesnt have the stats/tankiness/cc/etc to Tank as well as other Tanks, and he lacks the range/safety to be a good ADC. He does harass well in lane, and he does have a decent power spike mid game, especially if he gets fed, since thats when he should be getting his BC done and have Muramana, but its not enough to make him worth it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Also people who use Janna's Q to harass should be shot in the neck with no hesitation. Every time I see this it's only wasted mana and lost trades.
Constant Q harass is the most efficient gold gen in lane. It also pushes the lane, which is encouraged in this meta. If you have AP it's pretty decent damage considering it's AoE, generates gold and is unanswered most of the time. I also don't understand why you're talking about lost 'trades' because if you know what you're doing most of the time it's free harass and not a trade. E is her primary trading tool, which is what you use when they lower HP than you due to the Q harass.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Shaya teach me how to Malzahar. What's your skill order/build? For some reason, I find his auto really easy to cs with, even thought it's weak and has a start-up time. I can see why you rate him so highly, but at the same time he doesn't seem as safe a farmer as you made out because his ranges aren't that great.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Q has more range than E. So as long as you can throw out Q when people cast spells then shrek them it's fine. Corner E's on creeps and blowing them up with Q makes it pre-ez.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Do you max E first? I'm guessing your core would be liandry's rylais deathcap zhonyas?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
IIRC his core is roa void rylai liandry, but I might be wrong.

Urgot is pretty lacking, there's never a reason to pick him over another character outside of just wanting to play as Urgot. He's of no help to your team outside of his ult unless he gets fed, but even if he DOES get fed, he still falls off late game. He also doesnt have the stats/tankiness/cc/etc to Tank as well as other Tanks, and he lacks the range/safety to be a good ADC. He does harass well in lane, and he does have a decent power spike mid game, especially if he gets fed, since thats when he should be getting his BC done and have Muramana, but its not enough to make him worth it.
Urgot doesn't fall off late game, his real weakness compared to ADCs is his inability to do damage to turrets. Else once you got your muramana+LW+BC/Youmu you have all the damage you need for late game. And an ult that has nothing to do with the rest of his kit ofc.

Constant Q harass is the most efficient gold gen in lane. It also pushes the lane, which is encouraged in this meta. If you have AP it's pretty decent damage considering it's AoE, generates gold and is unanswered most of the time. I also don't understand why you're talking about lost 'trades' because if you know what you're doing most of the time it's free harass and not a trade. E is her primary trading tool, which is what you use when they lower HP than you due to the Q harass.
1-you need to let your Q charge for it to deal damage. The charging animation can be seen even in the bush, and even if you don't see it you can hear it. So if you want it to deal enough damage compared to the mana you waste you have to rely on your opponents being *******.

2-What I'm talking about when I say "lost trades" is that in the eventuality where your opponents are not *******, you try to poke with Q, they dodge and now can engage on you as freely as they want. All you'll have to defend yourself is a non maxed shield and a non maxed slow, and that ain't saving your carry when Leona lands a E

Conclusion : if you want to play someone with free guaranteed and unretaliable harass in lane then play Fiddle and max E.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He DEFINITELY falls off late game, I used to play him a lot back in Season 3 (cuz when Battlecast Urgot came out I loved it and had to spam it) and the problem with him late game, is he cant definitively stick to one role, so he ends up being a sub par combination of Tank/ADC/whatever. Its a lot like Mario in Brawl (since this is a Smash forum I think this is a good comparison lel), Mario's design is to be an all around character who has options at all areas of the game, but he ends up just being a Jack of All Trades, but Master of none, and lacks in almost every area making him all around bad. Urgot is similar; instead of being an ADC who can also Tank, or a poke master with a great initiate, like he was designed to be, he ends up just being that guy who doesnt do enough damage because he has to build defense to not die, but doesnt do enough damage if you build the tankiness to survive. He also has unreliable poke, and his ult, while good, doesnt mesh well enough with his current kit to make it good or worth it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
its k

Dre is now gold 3 because lolranked teams 5v5

We ended up having to play against challenger people for whatever reason, meanwhile our team consists of gold v, silver 1, silver 2, unranked and a bronze v (aka @ Dre89 Dre89 )

we're currently 10/2 w/l (technically 10/3 i guess)

the fiora bot lane is real

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Teluoborg- A fully charged Q has 1300 range, so if you use it properly it will be hard for them to retaliate. The charge up makes it harder to hit, but there are little tricks you can do to make it easier. Doing it from a diagonal is normally easier and allows you to keep closer to the action whilst still abusing the range advanatge. Also, they don't know what direction it'll go when you charge it, so often you can aim it in the direction that they'll juke rather than where they're currently standing. I have a fairly high hit-rate with it and I'm normally bad with skillshots.

why in the world would you max jannas worst ability first
Because you use it the most and it generates the most gold. Plus it does the most overall damage because it's AoE. E will still win you a trade or an all in with 1 rank.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
neither of those statements are true, and janna is not a support you pick to do damage
I know she's not a damage support, but what I'm saying is that the extra damage you get in lane from maxing q is more significant than the extra ranks from e. If you've been harassing them a lot a rank 1 e will still turn a fight because 10+ ad is still a lot in laning phase.

When I first played her I did the normal skill order but I've found maxing Q to work better for me.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I know she's not a damage support, but what I'm saying is that the extra damage you get in lane from maxing q is more significant than the extra ranks from e. If you've been harassing them a lot a rank 1 e will still turn a fight because 10+ ad is still a lot in laning phase.

When I first played her I did the normal skill order but I've found maxing Q to work better for me.
Wat. Dude, no, just no. The damage is hardly significant at all. At BEST youre getting 50 extra damage each level, and thats if you land a FULLY charged Q which is SUPER unreliable (reliably youre getting like 15-20 each level, which compared to the shield isnt anywhere near as good), and on top of that, the mana cost goes EVEN HIGHER and youre already mana hungry. With the E max, you basically can give your AD a free BF Sword AND shield, which is HUGE, and on top of that it has a lower mana cost AND cooldown.

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
^ .

the only times you ever use Q on janna in lane is to disengage or push the lane when they go back

Last edited by a moderator:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh are we still talking about Janna? Because I just wanted to say HOLY CRAP I CARRIED THIS GAME SO HARD

Weird game. Nid support is nasty because she eventually gets items, and Jayce jungle is actually pretty beast, such good ganks and lategame. Xin beat Nasus early game then bought freaking Greaves and kept dying to him every time he went to lane, Nasus got stupidly fed and it looked like the game is over but JANNA WITH THE CARRY (and I'm so glad I took exhaust)

8-1 with Janna now, maybe I should just main support because I keep playing Malzahar mid and he's bad because everyone plays ziggs/orianna/nidalee etc

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's pretty scary when the game goes on that long and they have noc/kennen/nasus for engage and the Nid has that much AP and void staff :/
They would have won if they didn't keep throwing and I didn't carry SO HARD >=(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
imo Malz kinda wrecks nidalee and ori in lane enough to be able to be a threat. Like nidalee behind is very weak for example and malz push is really strong and voidlings can be spear fodder to minimise hit opportunities. Ori can do ori things with hard engages and wreck you/your team, so it depends on your team. I go early BVs against characters like Ori and LB, negating their main play and being malzahar relying on the damage over time/clutch silences/ults to cover damage shortfalls; I like tanky malzahar <3
Ziggs is ziggs, has an easier time at every stage of the game really except maybe pre-7 but challenges you well at level 1, malz just has to hope he is able to successfully bop anyone between himself and ziggs and has some hard engage.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You asked if he was Player 3.

Not Player-3.

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
i mean if someone asked me if i was THE john

with no exclamation point

i'd ask which john they were talking about

because that's totally the logical response!

dammit

now i feel bad for calling P3 a caitlyn player LOL

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
^ .

the only times you ever use Q on janna in lane is to disengage or push the lane when they go back
use it for the knock-up in trades if you can hit two or more people with Q, Its hard but your AD will win the trade a lot easier if you can do this. It's really hard but i see diamond janna's do this pretty well.

Player-3

Smash Hero
assuming trades in this meta being vs thresh/leona/gragas supports you do not want to use tornado offensively ever because if they engage while its down you're going to lose the trade badly

janna has and will always be **** on by poke lanes like sona/nami/lulu because shes only good at disengage and shielding burst (which poke champs can bypass pretty easily by waiting it out since janna has no engage)

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well the main point is to harass them down enough so that they can't engage safely whilst still generating gold. But if my ADC gets caught after only a bit of harass then yeah I guess we're screwed if I just used my nado.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Depends on how good they are I guess.

On another note, how good is Rammus at carrying? I know he has good ganks, but my main concerns are his threat when snowballed and his damage in lategame teamfights. Also not sure whether to max W or E first. W seemed better to me but I've also heard to max E instead.

Top Bottom