• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Both leblanc and Gragas are dumb safe mid laners.
With people now leveling her W like people finally started doing by leveling Fizz's E to solve his waveclear problems, she's even safer. But when it comes to dumb **** like damage reduction and even if gragas uses his body slam escape on minions/enemy mid laner it's still like a 4 second cooldown when he lands it so better gank fast.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh, right, you're going to be the physician kind of doctor. I forgot, thought you were going to be a doctor of philosophy, and were putting yourself down.

No, yeah, "real doctor" hahahahahahahahahaha

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What's up League people? I haven't played since S3 ended, what did I miss? I had planned to take a break for a while, which then became mandatory because my computer stopped working in mid December, and I've been RMAing parts since then and it's a very long, unfun process. The replacement graphics card (since apparently the graphics card was the problem, and possibly the motherboard, which I RMAed twice) should be here next week so I might start playing again.

Basically all I've kept up on was watching the league top 5 play videos, and occasionally checking lolking to see the top picks/bans/winrates. The banrates are always mindblowing, seeing a champ that used to be total crap suddenly becoming banned 75% of the time or whatever. Pretty hard to understand without the context of actually playing the game.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
haven't had a pc in a while so I haven't played, but it looks like I'm not missing anything important so I'll carry on for now.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Leblanc's weakness is that she struggles to make an impact if she gets shut down early, and she gets countered by tanks.

I seriously wonder why no one has tried a comp of 4 tanks/bruisers with a hypercarry like Vayne.

I don't know anything about laning, but I cannot see how lane Rammus would be good. Surely all you have to do is bait out his shield, then (out)trade with him when it's on CD. It's the same reason why Nautilus is a bad solo laner unless you want to counter an assassin in mid lane.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Even if Leblanc can't gib somebody she still has a ton of utility and she'll just buy her time until she can eventually get your carry. Even when she's behind she can still be useful with stuff like double chains to peel for her ADC.
And unless your like, Galio, even tanks are relatively easy for her to kill until later on in the game which gives her plenty of time to roam and make plays and get ahead. And if Leblanc is ahead it doesn't really matter if you're a tank or not.
She's just silly.

Niko45

Smash Master
I think the spike in toxicity in league can be traced back to the introduction of the promotion series. That just condensed the stress and frustration of ranked into specific games.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So what caused the Leblanc hype? According to her lolking statistics, she still has the second lowest winrate, but she's vastly more popular than she was before, and is even a top ban.

Also is support noticeably more desired as a role now that they sort of have an actual income?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Other assassins get nerfed to obscurity while Leblanc changes that happened Mid S3 didn't up her popularity until people realized that they can just level W to waveclear (which was one of her problems) while also still keeping her damage decently high since the combo to burst most people is Q+W until 6.

She also does decent against that ****** Yasuo mid compared to gragas, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Last time I played was actually right before Yasuo's release. He looks fun as hell, and apparently got really popular/strong once people realized how good he can be, but it must be super frustrating to play against wind wall and whatever his multiple dash crap is. Also no mana because reasons

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yasuo is super fun, and is very strong with the right team comp. Without them though he is kinda meh, and he has a pretty weak mid game.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yasuo's a pain to go up against in team fights. Guh.

Mm.
Also hey.

I wanna play Renekton. For anyone who plays him, how hard is he to play, and how hard does he "fall off" late game? I hear that's an issue with him, but from what i've seen he's still at the very least pretty tanky late game.

Just curious before I buy.
I'll probably buy him anyways though. Because Alligator.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Renekton falls off in the sense that you'll lose if you go even with your lane opponent, but he has the tools to trade constantly and get ahead. Basically going even in lane as Renekton is the same as slightly losing a lane with any other champ, and being a decent bit ahead is the same as going even.

He's supposed to get some rebalancing to reduce that quality in the near future, so...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh yeah? What else is on Riot's plate right now, anything noteworthy?
Skarner rework came out, right? Does he see any more use?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yasuo's a pain to go up against in team fights. Guh.

Mm.
Also hey.

I wanna play Renekton. For anyone who plays him, how hard is he to play, and how hard does he "fall off" late game? I hear that's an issue with him, but from what i've seen he's still at the very least pretty tanky late game.

Just curious before I buy.
I'll probably buy him anyways though. Because Alligator.
If you don't get ahead in lane, or if things stay even then you're options are to build full tank but not have very relevant damage, or have relevant damage by building something like Hydra but not be tanky enough.You can't really get both with Renekton unless you're ahead.
If you do get a lead then you basically get to build whatever the hell you want and be a raid boss that tanks their entire team while killing their carry.
Assuming you win your lane, like getting a kill or two and the tower, with the rest of your team going even then you're more than capable of carrying the game. If you lose lane you'll be dead weight. If you go even in lane you technically lose lane as Renekton.

Oh yeah? What else is on Riot's plate right now, anything noteworthy?
Skarner rework came out, right? Does he see any more use?
They're reworking Kass and Gragas. I saw a red post saying they're thinking of doing some Olafing to them before the reworks come out because they're just overwhelming right now.

A while ago I saw on Reddit that they were going to tackle Graves at some point but haven't heard anything new in a while. The post detailed some initial thoughts like dropping him down to 500 range, buffing his passive back up so it scales into lategame again, giving him some bonus armor pen somewhere, giving him incentive to just stand his ground and fight in close range.

I've also seen that they're doing Poppy at some point but have no idea what that will entail.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ha, that's interesting. Kass has been deemed strong ever since I started playing, though at first everyone accused people of being 'bronze baddies' for banning him, but now he's been consistently top ban for a stupidly long time. Gragas has been a rollercoaster though, he would go from high popularity to low pretty often. Did they say what they don't like about him? I thought I saw they nerfed his dash so its cooldown is longer if you don't hit someone with it, but was that not enough? Is it just his mobility that's the problem or what?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Grag kinda doesn't suffer the weaknesses of a melee character as his spells are such long ranged and high burst. He also gets a lot of free tankyness which also negates a lot of his melee weaknesses too. Attack speed reductions have been OP for as long as Riot keep pumping out characters who have on-next-hit effects (i.e. everybody since mid season 1).

IMO kass is strong but I've always found it peculiar that he's been perma ban status for so long. I guess because the meta doesn't really have tower pushing/long ranged mids at the moment and the popular characters are "OP" in different ways to older characters which Kass doesn't always enjoy fighting against (not enough in-meta characters that would legitimately bend kass over for ever blinking or being 600 range within their team). Alistar, Anivia (although hard lane), Cass (****ing ******** underplayed ***** that she is), Cho, Galio, Garen, Singed (although tenacity off the ult prob makes this ****), Udyr, ZILEAN. Just to name a few.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Last time I played was actually right before Yasuo's release. He looks fun as hell, and apparently got really popular/strong once people realized how good he can be, but it must be super frustrating to play against wind wall and whatever his multiple dash crap is. Also no mana because reasons
He got more popular after his shield and skill buffs. :applejack:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Nautilus beats Renekton in top lane.
:applejack:
Is this a joke?

You're saying that Naut, who is a notoriously bad duelist early and is known for losing 1v1 to like every aggressive jungler in the game (which is basically why he's not used that much) can win lane against the premiere lane bully in the game, who almost no one can trade with before level 9 or so.

You think that a manaless champ with good bases and sustain loses to a champ whose only real form of damage and defence (ie. trading) is on a 22 second cooldown and costs almost a third of his base mana pool. All you have to do is bait out his shield and then you outrade/zone him for 10-22 seconds.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You seriously have no idea how hard Naut hits early.
rofl:applejack:

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Renekton's Q is like the highest base damage spell at level 1 in the game, or close to it.

Naut's shield gets popped really quickly because of how squishy he is early. Also, he is only going to be doing good damage if someone stands there and trades with his shield without popping it. A smart player will either burst it or just bait it out then trade with him when it's on CD. Note that at level 1, Naut has to land 3 empowered autos for it to outdamage his level 1 E (assuming 2 waves hit). That is actually pretty hard to do on someone who is smart enough to just bait out the shield, unless you blow all your spells on them (and subsequently most of your mana pool).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
sounds like the matchup for renekton is

naut a problem

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So am I tbh.

Harder to quantify statistics, but her win rates against anyone ranged is usually abysmal at challenger/diamond/platinum. She seems to have dominating stats against Gragas (like 65:35-70:30 @ challenger, 40:60 at plat/diamond) while her win rates against Kayle, Ori, Ahri, Morgana, Ziggs, are all like 40:60 or worse (around those at plat and at diamond its like 30:70s)

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Her low winrate is because she is actually a lot harder than people think, that and when you cp her she can lose bad. W>Q>R is easy but being able to adapt to everything else she can do and nail it right isn't that easy without some dedication to her.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Renekton falls off in the sense that you'll lose if you go even with your lane opponent, but he has the tools to trade constantly and get ahead. Basically going even in lane as Renekton is the same as slightly losing a lane with any other champ, and being a decent bit ahead is the same as going even.

He's supposed to get some rebalancing to reduce that quality in the near future, so...
Oh. That's good about the rebalancing. Funny how Nasus is basically the opposite. Ha. but honestly, they both feel like characters of extremes where they either wreck or get wrecked depending on how they do at the beginning of the game. It's kinda dumb.

Mmm so anyone in NA seeing any improvement when it comes to lag? I'm still getting some, but it does feel like it's gradually got better after the DDOS attack. Sorry for asking so much questions in this thread btw damn. :T

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The thing about Renekton is that he's still useful lategame because he's unkillable and brings utility with his stun and armour shred. He's also a good splitpusher.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Calling things unkillable is a longstanding League tradition. (Roughly as longstanding as the Mundo/Shyvana FOTM.)
Hey.... wait a second. Things being unkillable have been around a lot longer than shyvana/mundo being FOTM.

Man give me back my AoE vs 5 Tanky Bruiser's meta.

Brutalizer + 4 sunfire capes + fon. Five enemies. Every game.
Spinning...
demacia-n
poolin
tauntan
shieldan
tower ignoran.
winnang
FOUNTAIN DIVAN
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

"ROCK SOLID" "DEMACIA" "HERE'S A TIP" "OK" "B NEGATIVE" "SINKS SINKS" "NINJAS>LIGHT" "GUARDIANS ARE PREPARED" "TRULY OUTRAGEOUS" "BEARDS" "ITS FUN WHEN THEY RUN"

Last edited:
Top Bottom