• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is it just me or does Blitz do deceptively good damage. So many games I see him do more damage than other supports and sometimes even more than sololaners and the jungler.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm not surprised by that. It's been obvious for ages that anything is viable at any level of soloQ.

Last edited:

Okuser

Smash Ace
why does it take riot so god damn long to turn loss prevented on after severe server lag occurs. so ****ing tired of losing ranked games that should have been loss prevented, hurr durrr be playing super high skill champ then the servers start lagging and the other team wins with their faceroll non skill shot champions. so ****ing done with this ****.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I was playing some normals with my friends earlier like 11:30, and we went through champ select and when the game went to start, nobody actually went to the game, we all just stayed in the picks/bans chat room with no timer talking to each other. Eventually, we all left, but when I logged on, it asked me to reconnect and I did, but nothing happened, so I just started watching Twitch Plays Pokemon. So im sitting there watching Twitch Plays Pokemon and playing on my 3DS at 2:30am since everyone else is asleep, and suddenly, the League of Legends logo pops up on my screen like when a game starts, and then the loading screen comes up with only me in it. The game actually loads and Im the only one there lol. So I just pushed mid and won as fast as I could, go to look at my match history, and its not even on there lol. It was pretty awesome I guess haha.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The league forums remind me people don't get what a DDoS is.

"OMG ****ty servers Riot please"

Yeah and if someone really hated Valve there isn't much they could do either.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I stayed away from league in general for the longest time because I heard it had a crap community.

It was a lot better then I expected, but every once in awhile we'll get those 2 guys that do nothing but go at it the entire match bickering about some trivial ****. Guh. Also that one guy that leaves for 15 minutes because he has to eat lunch??? That's shockingly frequent.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol, i haven't got someone that left a match to eat since i was leveling to 30

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't remember my experience when I was leveling up to 30 cause this was back in S1 lol.
I just played my matches with fiddle, rushed CDR and frozen heart and won/lost.

Like, the most earliest matches I can remember outside of those are like me going twitch top against renekton and akali and feeding for the first time I think, and I believe sometime in S2 going twitch vs john's renekton only for him to beat me cause he was gold or plat at the time while I was still an unranked ****ter.

orite, plat 2 now. I think I'll be gaining 20+ points still.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I stayed away from league in general for the longest time because I heard it had a crap community.

It was a lot better then I expected, but every once in awhile we'll get those 2 guys that do nothing but go at it the entire match bickering about some trivial ****. Guh. Also that one guy that leaves for 15 minutes because he has to eat lunch??? That's shockingly frequent.
it still has a crap community. this thread is testament to that (EXCEPT FOR A SELECT FEW)

Life

Smash Hero
League community on the whole isn't that bad. The thing is, in any given game, you have ten people, so if 10% of the playerbase are unpleasant, you're still averaging one "that guy" every game. It's partially the anonymity+audience thing, it's partially the ability to john about your teammates, maybe some other factors IDK.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I won a ranked game the other day where my Jinx and Thresh kept fighting each other in all chat.
They did it for 40 minutes of the match, and 5 more on the results screen.

Frustrating in-game. Hilarious afterward. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why is it every single time I click coneyz stream when he links here he's complaining about ping issues.
Is it his internet being bad, or is he oblivious to the possibility of him streaming making him lag, lol.

Coney

Smash Master
i stream all the time with no lag, was playing yesterday and lagging the same

its the same verizon fios issue they've had for literally a year now where 1 server is good and 1 server is bad

annoying ****

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've only seen Coney talk about ping/lag being an issue once.

I think it was when he was going for Diamond.

~

Also people should play Olaf more.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i think the most recent lag issues are for everyone, ive been lagging alot for no reason last few days

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My leveling up to 30 experience was pretty good. I built up a friends list of "nice people" really quickly and usually played with them.

They were all shocked by my pre-s1 Ezreal rushing madreds razor + life steal for perma sustain + becoming jungle + mid pro and roaming and healing people. "The good ol days of figuring out OP strats".

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I only know the lag issues happening for people been happening cause NA servers (or maybe all of them?) getting DDoS'd again.
Oh. Good, i'm not the only one. Lately the lag has been unnaturally ridiculous. Was thinking it was something going funky with my router. Ha. Can't wait for this to roll over so I can play again. :T

Oh. And my experience with the community has been fine so far. As life said, yeh, every community tends to have those guys, but I tend to meeting way more awesome people, and having pretty damn good experiences each match. Although legit, I once had 2 games in a row with people leaving to go eat. Both warwick players. Warwick plz.

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
Like, the most earliest matches I can remember outside of those are like me going twitch top against renekton and akali and feeding for the first time I think, and I believe sometime in S2 going twitch vs john's renekton only for him to beat me cause he was gold or plat at the time while I was still an unranked ****ter.
i actually remember this too. that was back when i had to convince espy to try jungling rammus instead of laning with him lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I would say Rammus would get cp'd hard, but really, who in their right mind would see a Rammus on the other team and actually think it was top in order to counter him? lol

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Let's go back in time to when Insanity Potion gave Singed a massive AD steroid AND a massive attack speed steroid.
Best split pusher there ever was RIP <3

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Is LeBlanc the safest mid laner right now? She seems to have very few weaknesses in lane and is almost impossible to gank unless her W gets baited out.

Life

Smash Hero
In lane, yes, and she remains slippery after the laning phase, but learning to use her offensive capabilities to their full extent is the hard part of playing her. She's like a reverse Kayle in that sense.

Top Bottom