• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I didn't say use zhonya's when you are over extended, i said use zhonya's when they go in on you. As in dive you in the back line. (Which has happened to me but zhonya's saved me and the teamfight)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
4.2 is revealed.

Perseverance mastery got nerfed, thank god.

Kayle, Ziggs, Yasuo nerfs.

Ashe gets a buff to a skill that really needed it.

Xerath and Skarner reworks coming out.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I didn't say use zhonya's when you are over extended, i said use zhonya's when they go in on you. As in dive you in the back line. (Which has happened to me but zhonya's saved me and the teamfight)
They can't go in on you if you're playing her right. :applejack:

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm kinda confused by the skarner rework at first glance. If they move his slow to his E but keep his damage and steroid on his Q, isn't he just kinda gonna suck cause he can't be that effective until he's maxed 2 skills?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm kinda confused by the skarner rework at first glance. If they move his slow to his E but keep his damage and steroid on his Q, isn't he just kinda gonna suck cause he can't be that effective until he's maxed 2 skills?
They seem to not like slows on hit unless you build for them or are Ashe.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The only thing with Ashe changes has been the Heartseeker, otherwise they have not talked about hawkshot at all unless they mentioned it in one of there Q&A they do on RoG. Cause nobody reads that ****.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I saw the Ashe change a while ago as well.

It's been planned for the ADC project one of the Rioters is doing for the older ADCs. This Ashe change is a buff gold wise til lvl 16, and the vision part was just straight up buffed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unlike removing DPS from Draven, Ashe already had this and they effectively made it better for her in every way while keeping her general power in tact.

Small things like this do matter, since she maxes it last anyways and the extra gold does matter for a champ who has a lot of bad lane mus as is in exchange for what she will bring later.

It's defiantly a welcomed buff.

Player-3

Smash Hero
skarner being able to keep up his (****ing MASSIVE) as buff during a fight (not just before you break his tiny shield) is absoloutely ridiculous, his damage is going to be goddamn ******** after this patch lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If anything AP skarner will be stronger if people like doing the AP top gimmick. Otherwise his sticking power that his Q provided is gone unless you have the gold to get Chilly mittins over Randuin's or something.
They both buffed and nerfed him, but leaning more towards nerf despite stronger shield and a bit more damage.

Weird how they reworked a champion that only a handful of people play, same for xerath. Dunno about skarner, but I at least know rito at least sent personal emails to xerath players for their input on him currently.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not as sure AP skarner will be as strong with the heal gone.

Massive Shield, hard hitting slow and his ult slamming people sure, but the BS heal isn't on his E anymore.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He won't be as killable once he hits level 7-9 that's for sure.

>thinking his heal on E was substantial

I'm still not gonna level E once the rework hits. They not only lowered the missile speed and width of it, but to make it worse, people can casually walk away from it if they're even 550 units away from him. Rather just keep leveling W for MS and try to ult them before they get away rather than hoping that slow ass E lands. The E certainly isn't gonna help with jungling.

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea true, having the attack speed up constantly will be huge, and the buffs to his W in general will be really good. With that much attack speed and passive, I could see his W feeling like it's always up. Maybe he'll be good.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Didn't the E gain like... 200 range though? 1000 range aoe slow skillshot? idk how people think losing a stupidly low heal for a 50% slow is bad especially with SKARNER'S PASSIVE LOL. No longer losing huge AS steroid with shield broken only helps that

I mean sure he's less braindead to play now by spamming q for permaslow, oohhhh no.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you honestly think that's why some people don't enjoy Skarner's rework you're prolly more braindead then.
The W gives more movespeed... after a few seconds of it being used and by the time that hits the shield will be a little more halfway to being down and having to wait for the cd to be back up.
Again his E got lower in width and speed so it's still not worth getting in jungle, and the passive only works if you're HITTING someone or something lol. Oh, and they raised his E cooldown as well just incase it somehow was OP.

So ya, being in melee range to get passive off and cause of how slow it is along with width, easy to avoid and most likely enemy already running away the moment they see Skarner on their screen whenever you're ganking, and even if you get near them cause of no Q to stick to them and E slow (if somehow hit the ****ter) already worn off how're we gonna stick to them now?
Honestly, The. E rework. Is. Bad.

Just quality rito fixes, a character that didn't need a rework outside of an Ult fix, but cause xyph found his permaslow Q unfun and cancerous he decided to make it even worse instead of wanting to delete him all together. I mean the old E wasn't good either but it still at least gave us something once we had Q and W maxed, which people are still gonna do outside of the first couple days for skarner players cause they're gonna test it and know almost immediately how bad it is.

I mean, how many months did they work on his rework. 4? 6? 12? And for what, Q permaslow removed to give Attack speed buff
E with a slow now, MORE RANGE PLEASE UNDERSTAND! but slower and width of it smaller? Cast time too btw.
W practically the same but hecarim charge up instead?
R just getting a fix which was the only problem that needed fixing with him.

So ya, Skarner, being the melee jungler he is that must flash into enemy team to grab somebody (his shtick), losing a permaslow Q, but now has to use E that slows for 2.5 seconds on a higher cooldown. This isn't possibly any worse, rite guys? g-guys? h-h-hellooooooooooo?
Move slow from ability he maxes first to ability he doesn't even level till 13? QUALITY

Actually, isn't his E basically Olaf axe now but infinitely slower and doesn't get reset to 1 second?

y am I arguing here. I've done this enough today in /vg/ and here too.

Either way poor skarner, reign from S2 ded and S3 with upcoming of TF and chilly mittins making you somewhat viable again, then preseason with spirit stone to help with your mana problems. Maybe rito will see the gutting they did to you and help your kind? Very likely not.

Just play Vi lol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
man shut the **** up slush u havent even played it yet and yet you're pointing out flaws that aren't even a REAL THING

and if ur trying to quote /v/ as a valid source on league of legends balance information

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The way I play Kayle, those changes are basically a buff. Swwwwwwweeet.

No mana for ult is kinda dumb, don't know why they'd give her that, haha.
movement speed scaling with AP will make her even stronger as an AP-marksmen.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If anything, guess rito will keep buffing Skarner's new kit till they feel it's strong compared to probably just touching the old kit barely and making him borderline op again. So I look forward to that.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Slush with all due respect I think you spend too much time on vg, if you persist in doing so I'm afraid the damages your brain has suffered might become irreversible.

Life

Smash Hero
Would like to point out that Riot has separate rework and balance teams. If new Skarner is UP, that doesn't reflect on whether the rework was a good or bad idea.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This seriously hurts Skarners chasing power where he literally stops in place and shoots a slow that may or may not hit and get's as much distance as he did in the first place if he didn't shoot it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think it might be good for CC chaining. Also is it AoE? Cause then that'd be good in teamfights like chaining together with Lulu's glitterlance or Nami tidal wave. Or heck good for slowing people down during their accession buff.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
This seriously hurts Skarners chasing power where he literally stops in place and shoots a slow that may or may not hit and get's as much distance as he did in the first place if he didn't shoot it.
Well before he needed to already be on top of someone to chase them.
Have you actually tried it yet? It might not make him lose much distance, and depending on the intensity and duration of the slow, it could be accounted for.

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea nevermind actually the new skarner is an utter dumpster LOL he's sorta like a really bad trundle where if you sit in his face and fight him he will seem kinda strong but if you aren't interested in fighting him you just leave np.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
and if ur trying to quote /v/ as a valid source on league of legends balance information
Slush with all due respect I think you spend too much time on vg
To be fair if I could put somebody else on the Balance team other than Rito, it'd be people from here or /vg/ lolol
>riot on balance

Top Bottom