• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well got promoted to Silver III, Wohoo.

Games leading to it went like this.

Played Leona Support, went HAM on Nunu Trist with Vayne when they overextended, late game was hard to push the win since Kha'Zix kept jumping on Vayne and was hard to peel off. We won after super lengthy where we kept knocking out enemy inhibs.

Played Sona Support, poked Leona and Trist that spent all day trying to focus me down over Vayne. I kept dying but taking better trades for my team. Enemy Trist saved our Vayne 3 times with her Ult, knocking her out of rage of Chogath Feast, Annie Ult and Leona Ult.

Played Alistar, I never play him but enemy Blitz + my team going for protect the Vayne, I went for him over Leona. Blitz kept grabbing me and we killed Ez a few times. Ended up with Vayne hard carrying the team with Nunu Jungle bloodboiling and me being a babysitter for Vayne keeping Nocturne and Nid off her.

Man support is way more fun this season.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm 1-1 in my best of 3 and I'm getting ladder anxiety :c

:phone:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
No one plays Kennen apparently :(
I was actually debating on whether or not to post a reply, lol.

Rejuvenation Bead + 6 pots + ward is a super strong start. You're almost guarenteed to be able to farm to 6 safely. Rush Haunting Guise/Warmog's depending on how good you are doing in lane. Either way, get Liandry's after Warmog's. Kennen's base damages are very high so you can afford to prioritize tankiness. Just stacking MagicPen is effective on him. Warmog's is significantly better for sustain than revolver because of the health regen and it gives you a ton more flexibility than hourglass because you get the benefit of tankiness while also keeping your mobility (a huge thing imo, now that champions are getting more and more mobility to counter kennen's ult+zhonya's combo, among other things). After that, building Rabadon's, Abyssal (or Void Staff), and Rylai's will round off your build nicely. Zhonya's is still a solid item if you're somehow not tanky enough to get your whole ult off, but at this point, I don't think it's a staple item.

Also, I like in-houses. I'll join in too if there's room.

Oh, and you might want to check this out if you're interested in pro Kennen play: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3049275

sheikamaru

jive
That build sounds so fun!! Ty so much I can wait to try it! What about runes? I mix in energy regen health mag pen and magic resist. Ill let you know how that build does lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That build sounds so fun!! Ty so much I can wait to try it! What about runes? I mix in energy regen health mag pen and magic resist. Ill let you know how that build does lol
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure any runes that relate to energy are awful. Get rid of the energy regen for something else (idk what colors they are, but if it's yellow try health/level or armor, and if blues then magic resist or scaling ap)

Been doing smite/teleport jungle rammus with homeguard mobility boots because I felt like going fast. It's pretty fun.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Energy related runes aren't as helpful now, since his ult costs no energy. Your main concern was pulling off the combo, or praying near the end you wouldn't be empty so that you could Q one more time for the kill/stun. Other runes will help your laning more, armor especially vs the appropriate lanes is 5x more useful.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd be down.... if my hd didn't crash and i wasn't currently in the process of switching out the hd and making my computer functional again

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I start bead+pots+ward on like every top I play right now >.> lol

Also, I ban Kayle now. Eff that champion, whoever gets her in my recent games wins every time. I got destroyed by one top with Riven yesterday, and I don't lose often with Riven :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I like to ban garen too.
No matter what, he wins :(

> lose lane? no worries, i'll just stay in lane with one and a half items for 20 minutes and be insurmountable.
> win lane? I'll just go be some unstoppable force somewhere and be back top before the creep wave even pushes. I lost health while ganking another lane? don't worry, full health by the time I go do anything else

Kayle is also cheesy :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't usually go full MR on Galio.

Athene's/Visage is pretty core-ey when I play him. Otherwiseeeeee APPPPP. I haven't played him since the more recent recent AP changes, so stuff like death cap may not be ideal as your first heavy AP item. Galio is perfect at not needing blue, leaving it for your other team mates and what not.
You win the game by blowing *****es up with q enough times that you E towards them have a team mate pop shurelya's and press r and win.

Galio's W gives me a hard on tbh. And visage increases this hard on by TWENTY PERCENT.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Like, this one time.

There was this enemy team that only had dots for damage.
And I was Galio.
And i had a visage.
and I pressed Alt+W

I think the entire neighbourhood heard the screams of joy and mad scientist maniacal bellowing laughter.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wow if that Liandry's Torment nerf happens it might kill the item.

Liandry's Torment

Ability power reduced to 50 from 60
Unique Passive reworded to now read "Dealing spell damage applies a damage-over-time effect for 3 seconds that deals bonus magic damage equal to 2% of the target's current Health per second.This bonus damage is doubled against movement-impaired units and capped at 100 damage per second vs.monsters" from "Dealing spell damage deals bonus magic damage over 3 seconds (1.5seconds for multi-target or damage-over-time effects) equal to 5% of the target's current Health (max 300 damage to monsters). If the target is slowed, stunned, taunted, feared, or immobilized, bonus damage is doubled. " *NOTE: In testing the numbers seem roughly the same

From 5% to 2% and from 10% to 5%.

That's a lot.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I was getting tired of jungling, but then I tried teleport jungle rammus with homeguard mobility boots, and now I'm addicted to fast.
It's a further nerf to DoT users of it though.
It is? That's the only part that confused me. I can't say I like the AP nerf much, it's already pretty expensive and not all that gold efficient compared to a lot of the other ap items you can get.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well before you were getting 5% of their current health every 1.5 seconds.
So now it's flat 2% per second (for everyone), you're getting 6% every 3 seconds rather than 10%.

Technically it's a buff to all those low cooldown single target button mashers. All...
... one of them? (Akali)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well before you were getting 5% of their current health every 1.5 seconds.
So now it's flat 2% per second (for everyone), you're getting 6% every 3 seconds rather than 10%.

Technically it's a buff to all those low cooldown single target button mashers. All...
... one of them? (Akali)
unless I'm horribly mistaken, the damage was also halved along with the duration for DoTs. The old tooltip for Liandrys was REALLY confusing and/or bad.

Top Bottom