• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
open cloth 5 and play the lane passively until 6. pantheon's harass is too strong for garen to **** with until you can kill him by all-inning which isn't until 6. after that point, you have a huge advantage because he needs to itemize damage to perform his role in the game while you can just build straight tank and still pose a threat.
Thanks yo. I think I had problems because I was trying to do to much early and panicking when I got poked by his Q...I was definitely losing early trades. I try to W when he would Q, but his spear had such a short cd that it didn't really matter.
I think I should try to let to lane push more to and hope he didn't buy early wards and I can maybe get ahead on an early jungle gank.

Out of curiosity, who do you guys feel are the strongest top laners currently?
In solo queue, I have a lot of success with Riven, Garen, Cho, and Jax. I pick them depending on the match up...or if it's a match up I'm just really comfortable with, like Irelia vs my Jax.

I think in high elo according to http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=na&league=platinum&type=champion-winrate&range=monthly Rumble and Singed have high win rates right now. Might be contributed by the fact that Kha, Lee, Panth etc are so common mid right now, so having magic damage top and a ton of utility make them good.

I think, in my opinion, Panth, Olaf, Shen are still really strong. Darius still stomps low elo, and is a silly champion, and Malphite is still banned every game (at least in my bad elo, ~1500).

Also, I don't know about Yorick, but people seem to think he is still strong. Haven't seen one in awhile, though.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've been having fun with Wukong top. Though I've been beating bad Olafs, Top lane is still basically build sunfire cape or warmog's and beat lane. At least whoever gets health regen or giant's belt first on their first back.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wait so ADs are building Warmogs now?

Huhhhh?

I haven't done it and the only people I've played against have been in placement games so I've just been blowing them up anyways.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Some Koreans do it on EZ along with frozen fist. I figure the build is to let you 1v5 or whatever, but you do really sacrifice damage for it. I guess if you know you wont get peel it could be good. idk, don't play ad.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
how do you guys all have higher win rates than losses?

I always, ALWAYS get extremely derp teams and I usually lose no matter how well I do. (think ADC getting caught taking enemy red or something stupid like that)

thumbswayup

Smash Master

I always, ALWAYS get extremely derp teams and I usually lose no matter how well I do. (think ADC getting caught taking enemy red or something stupid like that)
You gotta carry lol. It's not easy man but you just have to play with the mindset that your teammates are all idiots and you can't mess up haha

i will find peace

Smash Rookie
Either. In-depth explanations always appreciated.
best tops in in 5s are those that can 2v1 well (olaf shen zed) or those who are just broken (elise lol)
if you can swap faster than the other team (ur bot lane is mf nunu or something absurd like that and/or you have tp) then you can play other tops that scale well and provide initiation like xin malph. ideally top is going to be a farmfest and you should never be in a position to get a kill unless the other team****s up

solo queue you pick something that can snowball and influence other lanes/jungle

rumble singed nidalee darius shen zed (even though shen is pretty much the best jungler in the game right now) and of course elise and olaf

solo queue = snowball the game and make the other team rage

you dont understand your mistakes and your play

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Vlad, cho, olaf, zed, elise are really strong atm imo.

and yea top lane is like. Lane of mogs. Kinda dumb.

Wukong is godlike. Underused.

Player-3

Smash Hero
volibear not bad

juts gets a steamy load from many popular top lanes atm like elise nidalee darius garen

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
You gotta carry lol. It's not easy man but you just have to play with the mindset that your teammates are all idiots and you can't mess up haha
Seb the **** are you doing here? I lurk this thread to get AWAY from you low ELO scrubs and fill my mind with the insights of these fine 2k Elo gentlemen.

Says the guy with less ELO than you
<3.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hahaha <3

but wait Vlad is strong atm? I don't understand. How does one use Vlad to great effect? Everytime I use him I do ok and I can see his strengths but I just don't see him as very powerful. Am I just playing him wrong or something

i will find peace

Smash Rookie
vlad gets dunked by everyone until late late game

also play lulu vs zyra. lulu can singlehandedly win that lane depending on the ads, especially if youre blue side

Dojo

Smash Champion
Cait/nunu combo is strong as hell against Zyra.

The high range and move speed make it easy to move around her snare and plants. Nunu has consume for plants. Seeds have like a 14 second cooldown to store until she starts ranking them so abuse this. If she places one down you can easily bait a snare by acting like you're gonna step on it and just move out of the way, eat/position yourself away from the plant and you can win trades easily.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's one of the few MUs I use my lux support. Nunu can kinda ignore her more than others too.
I've been thinking of Lux, I'll try her. I've heard lots about Nunu (bloodboil allowing for snare dodges), and he sounds very good as well.

also play lulu vs zyra. lulu can singlehandedly win that lane depending on the ads, especially if youre blue side
Lulu? How so?

Cait/nunu combo is strong as hell against Zyra.

The high range and move speed make it easy to move around her snare and plants. Nunu has consume for plants. Seeds have like a 14 second cooldown to store until she starts ranking them so abuse this. If she places one down you can easily bait a snare by acting like you're gonna step on it and just move out of the way, eat/position yourself away from the plant and you can win trades easily.
Cait/Nunu sounds amazing, yeah. I've also heard Nami/Soraka?

Top Bottom