• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sion doesn't have to get fed. He needs gold, doesn't have to be from successful ganks outside lane.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
What would be a good build for Karma?
You really should specify how you're going to play her. Until you do that, I'm going to go with the obligatory unhelpful smartass answer.

1. Put your cursor over Karma.
2. Move it to the left.
3. Select Janna instead.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
You really should specify how you're going to play her. Until you do that, I'm going to go with the obligatory unhelpful smartass answer.

1. Put your cursor over Karma.
2. Move it to the left.
3. Select Janna instead.
Lol, I'm sorry. I just bought her and I really don't know what I'm doing with her. I just kind of wanted to learn a support champ and bought her. I suppose a better question to ask would be "What are the ways I can play Karma, and what would be good builds for them respectively?"

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have heard from people who play Karma, that she is a support that requires farm to be effective. So instead of support, just straight up AP carry, it is scary.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Sion doesn't have to get fed. He needs gold, doesn't have to be from successful ganks outside lane.
There's no way he can effectively farm fast enough in most lanes without landing kills to scale as quickly as other champions.

His shield is pretty ****ty at low levels if you can poke it out before it blows up, and then is farming goes to ****.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Problem being, If you were like idk 1100 elo before you got boosted, then ask for and find a legit 1700 elo player, you will drag him, and the rest of the team down.
You sure about that? We've duo queued quite a bit this weekend and went 13W-4L in 1750+ elo games, not quite sure I'd call that "dragging my team down."

Point being, the fact that I'm still able to keep up at this higher level means I didn't really belong at low elo in the first place, but was rather the victim of playing a position that is not very Solo Queue friendly (support). I always thought of myself as at least a 1500+ elo player and this kinda proves it.

Also, I didn't ask for/find this guy to play my account—he's my classmate and fellow art student and taught me how to play this game. His account was banned for 5 days and asked if he could play on mine in his spare time and I was like "sure" :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
MY GOD I just had the worst game ever

I'm support Soraka, laning with Trynd (seriously) against another Trynd and a Graves. Graves goes like 5/0 in 8 minutes. Our mid Teemo (seriously) switches with me. I start lagging like crazy, and walk into 5 enemies twice. Our Trynd ragequits. Meanwhile, our Rammus is busy running fullspeed into minions and champions while a slowed Graves with 2 HP limps away (twice). I disconnect, then I get that stupid minion bug where dead minions are still on screen. So I disconnect again and reconnect. I decide to build AP Soraka because our Fiddle is like 0/10. I go 9/4/6 and then they surrender.

Also, Adobe AIR Debug Launcher keeps crashing, wtf

_Dice

Smash Ace
Lol, I'm sorry. I just bought her and I really don't know what I'm doing with her. I just kind of wanted to learn a support champ and bought her. I suppose a better question to ask would be "What are the ways I can play Karma, and what would be good builds for them respectively?"
You should be looking for lane dominance and bullying in lane. Karma can be built tanky, or with very few items at all as long as you are consistant in your use of her.

I use:
AP/LVL Blue
Armor Yellow
Magic pen Red
Gold/10 Quints

0/21/9 masteries

I start out Philo/HoG/Merc treads and as you afford it aegis frozen heart abyssal
you could also build AP carry style if you wanted but i don't find it any more useful than tankarma in a duo lane situation (if you are solo mid as some of karmas do go AP carry style over tanky)
you want to prioritize Q if you are duo laning with a passive farming champ or E if you are laning with a harrassing champion. WQEEE or WEQQQ depending.
Use Shield to deny last hits as well as deal damage to enemy carries, if you leveled E then use it to help harrass whenever they overextend you can often get 300-400 extra damage in when you cast E right. and Q to heal + damage when you ally is passively farming in order to bully them away.

Karma can out range most champions and zone them out effectively if you try hard enough. she also has very good sustain once she gets some mana regen going (philo) mid game you are going to want to farm whenever you can without taking it from your carry.

in team fights focus on protecting your allies over anything else as karma has the ability to prevent a single ally from dying in a team fight jumping in alone to initiate then shielding healing and leaving while speeding up your team to come attack. you can then sit back and passively heal with your Q as you continue to shield and slow/speed everyone. running back in when you need to re-draw aggro.

thats pretty much it. she's alot of fun but it takes a little getting used to managing your secondary resource (mantras).

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
you should be looking for lane dominance and bullying in lane. Karma can be built tanky, or with very few items at all as long as you are consistant in your use of her.

I use:
Ap/lvl blue
armor yellow
magic pen red
gold/10 quints

0/21/9 masteries

i start out philo/hog/merc treads and as you afford it aegis frozen heart abyssal
you could also build ap carry style if you wanted but i don't find it any more useful than tankarma in a duo lane situation (if you are solo mid as some of karmas do go ap carry style over tanky)
you want to prioritize q if you are duo laning with a passive farming champ or e if you are laning with a harrassing champion. Wqeee or weqqq depending.
Use shield to deny last hits as well as deal damage to enemy carries, if you leveled e then use it to help harrass whenever they overextend you can often get 300-400 extra damage in when you cast e right. And q to heal + damage when you ally is passively farming in order to bully them away.

Karma can out range most champions and zone them out effectively if you try hard enough. She also has very good sustain once she gets some mana regen going (philo) mid game you are going to want to farm whenever you can without taking it from your carry.

In team fights focus on protecting your allies over anything else as karma has the ability to prevent a single ally from dying in a team fight jumping in alone to initiate then shielding healing and leaving while speeding up your team to come attack. You can then sit back and passively heal with your q as you continue to shield and slow/speed everyone. Running back in when you need to re-draw aggro.

Thats pretty much it. She's alot of fun but it takes a little getting used to managing your secondary resource (mantras).
lmfao this build sounds ****in awful!
Note to self, if I play with dice_ and he goes karma que dodge.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

479-0....

does olaf true damage go through sion shield or does it damage sion shield?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I had an amazingly lucky shield save just barely.

Im in a teamfight, and their twitch hits me towards the end as I dash out with Riven, and Im sitting at around 13 hp with twitch poison on me. My shield tanks about 2 or 3 seconds of the poison, and just as Im about to die, Janna throws up a shield on me as well and I survive.

So much love.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
havent watched him stream in a week

turn on hotshotgg stream

he is screaming "holy **** dude holy **** dude" while reading the wikipedia page for female genital mutilation

closed

_Dice

Smash Ace
lmfao this build sounds ****in awful!
Note to self, if I play with dice_ and he goes karma que dodge.
and yet. you're wrong. so deal with it. i wouldn't ever play w/ you again either.

Karma is the one champion i've played consistantly for a long-ish time(her release) and done very well with. besides alistar but you know i know where my Q and W keys are and i'm not ******** so of course i'm good with ali. :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
After this last game I just had... I officially main Lux.

Dem double stuns are just too good.

john!

Smash Hero
they aren't stuns, they're roots/snares. enemies can cast spells when they're snared, but not when they're stunned.

this concludes the obnoxious perfectionist nerdy post of the day, brought to you by john.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
they aren't stuns, they're roots/snares. enemies can cast spells when they're snared, but not when they're stunned.

this concludes the obnoxious perfectionist nerdy post of the day, brought to you by john.
It's not john, it's john! :troll:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I play a ton of Karma, but I refuse to play bot lane support with her. She has fairly little in terms of raw utility and a whole hell of a lot in terms of crazy AP scaling. The AP scaling is largely supportive, so even though I'm playing like an AP carry in terms of where I lane (mid) and my role in early teamfights, it sorta transitions into a more supportive role as the game goes on (sorta like Zilean, though Karma still output WAYYYYY more damage than Zil as the game goes on).

Anyway, the spec is a standard AP Carry spec for me, 9/0/21 with MPen Marks, AP/Level Seals and Glyphs, and Flat AP Quints. Open Dring, build another 1-2 Drings, Sorc Shoes and then shoot for Deathcap and Abyssal Scepter as your first 2 big ticket items. From there, Rylai's, Zhonya's, and Void staff are your priorities as long as you can hog your team's blue buff. If you can't get blue buffs, build a Morello's Evil Tome, as you will need CDR from somewhere. Pump blue elixirs after your Deathcap for max power. Skills go QEQWQ -> Q > E > W, roughly. I usually skip my W for awhile, but well, you don't want to end up teamfighting without it, so until you can get a good feel for game flow and when you'll need to be getting it, just grab it at level 4.

is nintendudex the same as the smash player?
nope, I checked.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
and yet. you're wrong. so deal with it. i wouldn't ever play w/ you again either.

Karma is the one champion i've played consistantly for a long-ish time(her release) and done very well with. besides alistar but you know i know where my Q and W keys are and i'm not ******** so of course i'm good with ali. :p
THANK GOD, you can save me some time by que dodging for me AWESOME.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Changed my name to one that doesn't have an accent in it's name, people on my friends list should still recognize it.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
UTD Zac trolling Mogwai so hard. He Lee Sin kicks a fully stacked Cho'Gath into the team, dies, watches teammates die flee like madmen, says "oh. my bad."

Top Bottom