• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Does the double damage from Sheen actually apply on Parrrley or does the shot just proc Sheen?

If you are finding yourself in encounters and skirmishes a lot, grab the Phage first for the survivability and slight damage, if you are mostly just ganking and everyone is passively farming, grab Sheen (especially if it applies the damage to the Parrrley shot... which I don't know if it does).

Brutalizer is another viable option for a second item if you are going to build a Ghostblade (and you want that item earlier, as that is when it is most effective).

@S8 - the best part is they have Xin slated for more nerfs, b/c he still stomps low ELO (and probably always will b/c of his kit).

_Dice

Smash Ace
Does the double damage from Sheen actually apply on Parrrley or does the shot just proc Sheen?

If you are finding yourself in encounters and skirmishes a lot, grab the Phage first for the survivability and slight damage, if you are mostly just ganking and everyone is passively farming, grab Sheen (especially if it applies the damage to the Parrrley shot... which I don't know if it does).

Brutalizer is another viable option for a second item if you are going to build a Ghostblade (and you want that item earlier, as that is when it is most effective).

@S8 - the best part is they have Xin slated for more nerfs, b/c he still stomps low ELO (and probably always will b/c of his kit).
the shot as it's fired procs sheen and then applies it once it hits.

XIn always stomps me when he gets bugged btw T_T. he occasionally will knock up for a good 6 seconds which just wrecks me lol

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
yes because parley is on hit, sheen affect actually applies to the parley shot. thats why trinity force is so good on him, because you can shoot someone from range and have 250% damage, trinity slow, and passive slow at the same time.

also what you buy depends on their jungler. and yours.

i also dont get why XZ ***** low elo any more than say, nocturne udyr lee sin.. any other jungler actually.. i cant believe... they are nerfing him agian..
(wow i actually agree with px on something)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah. You and I coincide in more things than one, it's just not when we are both discussing something :p

We've really only differed in the 3 GP/10 on support Alistar, b/c you don't like extra income on supports who don't really waste the stats :X

EDIT: When they are obtained sufficiently early.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure everyone has Abel on ignore...

Anyways, what would you recommend for defensive items on a ranged AD? Are Hexdrinker/Wit's End/etc worth it?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Do you get Ghostblade on GP or not?
I do not. I usually go tanky once I get an Triforce, IE, and maybe a PD if I'm fed.

but you arent new to league, and you know the champions abilities. i can play a champion for the first time ever and reason what to build with him based on who im laning against

... you are making it seem harder than it is. it really isnt hard at all. and if someone tells you "go do this" then you might actively think.. but wouldnt it be better to get challenged on what you do?

i would say to you: if i was gp laning against most champions (who are scared of him in lane for some reason), i would just get sheen, because doubling damage on parley is good, and the extra mana helps A LOT in terms of sustain. i would never get zeal first, just cause the attack speed isnt really something you really need yet (or at all), the crit isnt as valuable yet, and movespeed is just ok.

its seems like you agree with what im saying, but you want to think in retrospect or something like that. i really dont care, trying things out first is how i improve. do whatever you want
I know I'm not new to league but I am new to GP. I don't want to be the guy feeding due to inexperience of a champions and viable builds of him.

I'm also just a bit confused why you think me asking what parts to build first for GP's triforce is me wanting to blindly follow someone else and be bad. I always felt asking questions made it more apparent that someone wants to get better. I honestly want to know which pieces will give me the strongest advantage. Maybe it's because I didn't mentioned that I wanted to know which piece to build for JUNGLE GP. Not sure if it's any different from lane GP.

I was also wondering about sheen. I see that in a post farther down Straight8 answers this and I might consider it now.

What I just bolded in PX's post is EXACTLY the answer I wanted to hear in my initial question. That answered EVERYTHING and has helped me decide which path I should choose when jungling. Thank you very very very much PX. I didn't even have to ask why because he was able to elaborate so perfectly.

May I ask the benefits of building a Ghostblade on GP? Should I hold the G/10 a little bit or should I build it right into a GB.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I just had the most depressing Wukong game I have ever played turn into me carrying my team on my back for the win. God I love how Wukongs Q effects towers and inhibs.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
What I just bolded in PX's post is EXACTLY the answer I wanted to hear in my initial question. That answered EVERYTHING and has helped me decide which path I should choose when jungling. Thank you very very very much PX. I didn't even have to ask why because he was able to elaborate so perfectly.
all you had to do was post 50 times with angst in every word and then finally actually post what you were building, and then get feedback on it. thats ALL you had to do

all i was answering was why someone usually never responds. sure you can get a response after asking the same thing 5 times. its like on the melee character specific when noob falcos ask these questions like "how do i approach if he jumps over my lasers?"

the correct answer probably would need paper and binding.
instead be like:
"whenever i approach with lasers he just uses platforms and then comes down on me and ***** me. i tried laser camping, but it doesnt get me anywhere cause eventually he catches me in lasers. and if i approach with a nair i just get dash danced grabbed. should i jab or shine afterward?"

its like talking to a brick wall. why not just ask better questions and get responses that become part of a DISCUSSION aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Raise your hand if the first thing you're doing on September 13th is going to a newsstand to buy PC Gamer.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope

I'll accept breezy skirt girl with sword

JESUS AND A CAPE

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
When does that magazine hit shelves? Gonna hit up a store and write down a code :p Cause that champ costs way too much!

Either that or we need to get a team and win some trnies, Zac.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It'll probably be shipped in plastic wrap, because most magazines that have usable stuff like that are.

Unless you're a boss at ****ing up magazines in their plastic wrap with nobody noticing.

MacD

Banned via Administration
wtf is up with their servers, a few days ago we have a game with like 20 second lag spikes every couple minutes.

now i just finished a game where everyone DC'd like 3 times, and it's not even showing up in my match history, like wtf

and now it looks like riot is aware of it so yay?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, my friends and I got saved by the lag spike because we had just lost a major teamfight.

Ended up winning because of it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I had the same issues. I got a free kill because I was losing and I can't stand how enormously overpowered Wukong is. Cathartic pleasure.

Yesterday, I played a game as Nasus with my highest CS yet with 964 bonus damage on Siphon Strike. What's your highest?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
What? The guy is like if Jax and Garen had a baby. His burst at every point of the game is intense and he has a very good knock up along with a very homo stealth. It's just no one has realized his potential yet.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yesterday, I played a game as Nasus with my highest CS yet with 964 bonus damage on Siphon Strike. What's your highest?
964 isn't divisible by three.

My highest? I once got a 14% minute 40% cdr (Frozen heart and boots) and was like +550ish by the 22 minute mark.

I 1v5'd in that game for a good 20 minutes after that. UBER carrying my team, lol.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
all you had to do was post 50 times with angst in every word and then finally actually post what you were building, and then get feedback on it. thats ALL you had to do

all i was answering was why someone usually never responds. sure you can get a response after asking the same thing 5 times. its like on the melee character specific when noob falcos ask these questions like "how do i approach if he jumps over my lasers?"

the correct answer probably would need paper and binding.
instead be like:
"whenever i approach with lasers he just uses platforms and then comes down on me and ***** me. i tried laser camping, but it doesnt get me anywhere cause eventually he catches me in lasers. and if i approach with a nair i just get dash danced grabbed. should i jab or shine afterward?"

its like talking to a brick wall. why not just ask better questions and get responses that become part of a DISCUSSION aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Why would I need to post what I am building when triforce is like the core of gp after wriggles?

And I wouldn't ask a question 5 times to get the answer, I would just assume the people don't know, which someone already mentioned, the person doesn't have the confidence to say what they feel, or they just didn't see the comment. I honestly had no idea where you came off with your take of this thread isn't a q and a and if you ask this question you are bad and will stay bad. I really valve the opinions of people on smashboards because smash has been a big part of my life growing up so hearinng your comment really took me aback.

I would like to know what other posters think. Is asking a simple question as what build order of triforce is good on gp, so trivial and ridculous to ask the reason it was ignored was it due to just people not knowing or not sure?

I don't understand where you get this mentailty of this thread having to be a discussion. I've been posting on this forum for 4 years going on my 5th and never have I heard something so ridiculous of "you should not post questions, just things that can turn into discussions in this thread."

But I digress. PX did an amazing job clearing up what I asked and I thank him again.

:phone:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
964 isn't divisible by three.

My highest? I once got a 14% minute 40% cdr (Frozen heart and boots) and was like +550ish by the 22 minute mark.

I 1v5'd in that game for a good 20 minutes after that. UBER carrying my team, lol.
Then something must be bugged because I'm positive that's the number I had, lol. Man, I wish I could have seen that speed farm.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Orianna is broken! just bought her a few days ago and 8-1 with her in solo queue. The game i lost i was 8-0-14

One of those teams >.<

Anyone have any idea when elo is getting reset? Just farmed 160 elo for silver in like 2 days lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It'll probably be shipped in plastic wrap, because most magazines that have usable stuff like that are.

Unless you're a boss at ****ing up magazines in their plastic wrap with nobody noticing.
1) Go to Walmart.
2) Go to Magazine Isle.
3) Do whatever you want, no one will stop you.
4) ???
5) Caitlin.

Orianna is broken! just bought her a few days ago and 8-1 with her in solo queue. The game i lost i was 8-0-14

One of those teams >.<

Anyone have any idea when elo is getting reset? Just farmed 160 elo for silver in like 2 days lol
Dammit I should have played with you.
-DD

Top Bottom