• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The thing is that Q for Ori is so cheap and has a low cd, wheras karma can do a mantra shield every, what, 15-20s at level 1-6? I have zero personal experience, but I think you're overrating karma in this a tad.
I'm speaking from a lot of experience. I don't think orianna has a snowball's chance in hell without ganks. I was laying numbers out for the sake of showing you why Karma wins the mana battle, but believe me, it's not theorycraft that leads me to this conclusion, rather I've seen it plenty of times and the theorycraft is just an afterthought to try to convince you of what I already know.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Wait what?
-DD
there is a glitch in custom games where u can play with up to 20 ppl but in reality the thing will crash unless its 6v6 so some guy hosted a match on the 3s map with 6 ppl vs 6 ppl
It shows up as a 5s match, ill look 4 a screen shot..

not my game but an example

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
dude would make so much more money with a real job

oh lord this tab was open forever and Gifts beat me to it

OH GIRL so did DD

yup i said oh girl HI PAKMAN!!!
OH GIRL

Hi Tom!!!

I find orianna pretty easy to handle with karma as long as you don't play like a moron.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Lost 3 ranked in a row with Zoso sigh...

1st game just didn't go well.

2nd game we both were forced bot and did fine, rest of team did not... The one real issue with duoing bot lane is if the other 3 jobs do horrible it's really difficult do anything as AD range + support.

3rd game started so well, bot was fine, ganked top twice given Zoso an early 3-0-1 start, ganked mid 1-0 start, 1st dragon, first turret or 2, bot never really died until fiddle got them with ult later in the game. We later found out Cass on our team was trolling (Gunblade, like 2 rings and that's it for AP) but to me it didn't seem like a huge factor.

We were just ahead early and never really did anything. I really dislike those sort of games because I felt like with the early advantage that Zoso and I had alone (Trundle + Lee Sin) that the game was really our loss because we weren't able to get the team to do anything despite our lead.

But at the same time, I feel that Zoso and I lost that game simply because of what we tried to do once we realized the team wasn't doing what we wanted. We were the strongest on our team and split off letting the rest of the team try to defend towers while we pushed. The rest of the team would just end up getting poked enough for fiddle to ult dive them.

Looking back on it just makes me wish I knew the answer for a situation I think was winnable for just the two of us.

Then I play one soloQ ranked as Trundle jungle go something like 7-1-9 early and roll the team I was playing. So dumb but I think I'm just going to play soloQ rather than duo for the rest of the season to get off the reliance of duoQ and become more confident in carrying myself.

john!

Smash Hero
duo q is a crutch to help people get higher elo than they should and ****s up an already ****ed up matchmaking system. hands down the most ******** thing in this game.

"bigfatmissy" got carried to platinum by duo q with chauster even though she has more ranked losses than wins because she sucks at this game. what more proof do i need?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love playing with Anther in LoL.
It gives me someone to focus all of my hate towards.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
We were just ahead early and never really did anything. I really dislike those sort of games because I felt like with the early advantage that Zoso and I had alone (Trundle + Lee Sin) that the game was really our loss because we weren't able to get the team to do anything despite our lead.

But at the same time, I feel that Zoso and I lost that game simply because of what we tried to do once we realized the team wasn't doing what we wanted. We were the strongest on our team and split off letting the rest of the team try to defend towers while we pushed. The rest of the team would just end up getting poked enough for fiddle to ult dive them.
I was watching saintvicious stream yesterday, climbing his EU smurf through ranked. He mentioned one of the problems of low elo play is when teams just don't know how to end it, or progress the game. A team with a strong advantage doesn't know how to push it (you group and take towers, btw). When they do, they'll typically overextend, killing opponents then continue to push towers without looking at death timers or healing before baron.

Looking back on it just makes me wish I knew the answer for a situation I think was winnable for just the two of us.

Then I play one soloQ ranked as Trundle jungle go something like 7-1-9 early and roll the team I was playing. So dumb but I think I'm just going to play soloQ rather than duo for the rest of the season to get off the reliance of duoQ and become more confident in carrying myself.
There are a lot of situations to take into account and I don't really have much general advice other than watch 2k+ streamers and see what their teams do. Wickd + Ocelett are good options.

If you find yourself getting fed and can't carry your team, consider switching champs. Morde is a great champ to single handily carry your team. I figured trundle / nocturne were as well, but meh.

Cia

das kwl
That explains all of Jazriel's teammates.

But that isn't very profitable at all. LOL
-DD
Brb making 17$ in a day no lifing LoL accounts.
dude would make so much more money with a real job

oh lord this tab was open forever and Gifts beat me to it

OH GIRL so did DD

yup i said oh girl HI PAKMAN!!!

I wasn't implying that is was a good job, or even profitable. just pointing out that it was interesting that some "kid" (yes, he's like 13 or something ridic like that) would have a business selling lol accounts

:mad::mad::mad:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well...he has nothing else to do at the tender age of 13.
I doubt many of us were doing much that made us that kinda cash at that kinda age.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If he's 13 that makes him smarter than my brother who grinded a few hundred hours on Runescape and didn't sell his account before botters completely destroyed its worth.
-DD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you find yourself getting fed and can't carry your team, consider switching champs. Morde is a great champ to single handily carry your team. I figured trundle / nocturne were as well, but meh.
I'd agree here except I think it's more a general trend on all my champs than just one. So I think it's just experience and consistency. While obviously Morde is a fine choice, I think I've made my decision to jungle always as a preference. As I think I'm getting better and better and generally do influence games from that position more so than in most other situations.

I carried my fourth game in soloQ for the simple reason that stuff I pinged got done. And for some reason it never really happened in the duoqs. I know in the end there are games that your just going to lose, but that doesn't stop me from trying to figure out ways that possibly could of resulted in the win instead heh.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Aye, and I think this quote applies here.

Jon Finkle said:
I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. Magic players have been developing that since their teens, and its just so applicable to poker, gambling, and life in general.
I read a cracked article about online poker where they talked about it making you "immune to bad luck". You just take the bad beats in every area of your life in stride and move on.

Coney

Smash Master
If you find yourself getting fed and can't carry your team, consider switching champs.
happens to me all the time with pantheon

go 4-0-3, finish 12-10-7 and lose because i get focused and the other lanes lose badly/semi-badly

this has happened to me five or six times

how do i avoid this

Vyke

Smash Champion
Carry Harder! Avoid being focused, make smart plays that don't involve you being in the middle of things, but on the outskirts picking IMPORTANT people off with your ridiculous burst.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Gank a lot? It's what I do with Garen.

Speaking of Garen, if I were to say things that needed fixing about him that made sense would Riot seriously consider them? I hear those that make computer games tend to actually listen to their fans. I am forum noob.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Gank a lot? It's what I do with Garen.

Speaking of Garen, if I were to say things that needed fixing about him that made sense would Riot seriously consider them? I hear those that make computer games tend to actually listen to their fans. I am forum noob.
Eh...Riot does show some interest in what players have to say...but they're really slow in actually doing anything about it, for the most part.
-DD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Or "Dr. Mundo no longer has health costs on skills"

You're welcome.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Dr. Mundo new passive, "Mundo pays what he pleases" Allows Mundo to buy any item for 1 gold.

Top Bottom