• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Have you tried laning against cass with this bug? One of my last ranked games was me mid against cass. There was nothing I could do but get hit :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Have you tried laning against cass with this bug? One of my last ranked games was me mid against cass. There was nothing I could do but get hit :(
They actually disabled Cass and Karthus for this reason.

I might try Annie in ranked now that there is a new bug for me to abuse with her, but my ELO is currently 1274 so I'm not about to risk the last 24 points of my Bronze without some Duo-Security.
-DD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah... Kog's ult is annoying as hell with this bug.

Laned against one last night and that thing hits hard at level 6 so it it was awful.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Thoughts on Master Yi builds out of the jungle? I've been going Wriggles, AtMogs, Ghostblade but I feel like it takes too long before I am scary or even a good pusher. So I end up spending a LOT of time farming and not enough time killing opponents.

:phone:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ironically though, Akali's shroud is also larger.

If you wanna push as Yi I usually build a PDancer and prioritize ghostblade.
Then a Black Cleaver or something.
-DD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
:| I still don't get how you can mess something up globally like that and not know how to instantly fix it.

Also, that AoE glitch is probably how you ***** me so hard as Anivia in 1v1 yesterday.
-DD
Nope all skill :D.

Yeah it's only ridiculous in the fact that Riot initially made a statement thinking it was only very specific things. Which is ridiculous considering practically every player noticed the increased range. They are also surprisingly quite about this (maybe it's more vocal on the bug forum) considering they typically do respond in general about stuff like this.

It's also really surprising that they appear to have no real idea about why it happened, at least one they aren't saying. Which leads me to believe this was supposed to be some kind of ninja buff to a certain champ or something that ended up being a global effect.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nope all skill :D.

Yeah it's only ridiculous in the fact that Riot initially made a statement thinking it was only very specific things. Which is ridiculous considering practically every player noticed the increased range. They are also surprisingly quite about this (maybe it's more vocal on the bug forum) considering they typically do respond in general about stuff like this.

It's also really surprising that they appear to have no real idea about why it happened, at least one they aren't saying. Which leads me to believe this was supposed to be some kind of ninja buff to a certain champ or something that ended up being a global effect.
Hey man, there's a difference between being *****, and being ***** hard.

And why Riot denies everything before fixing it is beyond me.
-DD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Because they don't want people trying to abuse stuff they can't find a fix for.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I like posting funny situations.

Top lane, First time random Lee sin and I (Fiddlesticks) vs Yorick and Leona. After 20 minutes in of Lee sin continuing to jump towards them thinking he can kill them while I watch (And get called a terrible fiddle the entire game for not helping) I go 1/5/2 while he's 2/4/1. After top is destroyed I decide to jungle while the other 4 do whatever they want.
After around three team fights (one at baron late game) I come out with 10/11/12 (irony of me Kill stealing when i had the most assists). While the deaths are atrocious, the kills I kept getting were apparently "Kill steals" and despite Crowstorm giving me a quadra kill, my team still calls me terrible as I destroy three turrets in their base with Regular/Super minions and the other team surrenders before we destroy the nexus (And yorick was fed cause of the First time Lee Sin and I)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
^ they did the same thing during the double damage spiel. They try to diffuse the situation before it escalates because most people aren't above abusing glitches/OP things for easy wins.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
@Shaya: Gunblade Panthoen is probably better than I've been willing to give it credit for. I'm still not totally convinced, but it's been amusing to run while eloing up smurfs and I'm starting to think it might actually be worthwhile to get cutlass early and gunblade later in real builds. I owe you a beer if we're ever in the same place.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
it seems you're still at the "everyone is imba" phase of LoL development. Talon is not very good and Nidalee players at least have some right to complain about the changes.
Actually no I think the game is pretty well balanced.

There is just a few characters who I have yet to see weakness in personally.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Actually no I think the game is pretty well balanced.

There is just a few characters who I have yet to see weakness in personally.
Well, Talon is completely unimpressive in lane if you ask me and later in the game doesn't really offer much more than any other melee guy who jumps on ranged guys. I actually don't understand what you think is wrong with him at all.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Talon to me just seems like a worse Akali that has a little more crowd control in exchange for what Akali brings to the table.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you can prevent talon from getting early kills and deny him cs (not hard in bot lane), he falls off a lot late game.

I'm surprised you haven't brought up leblanc yet :o

Pikaville

I never said nerfing, I said changing.

Like the way Trynd was changed.

His teleport behind you move is fairly silly, gets him out of lots of things while allowing him to do huge damage to you and silencing you.

Maybe you guys are right and it's just because I'm new to this game, but Talon seriously annoys the hell out of me.

Kennen, Cait, Morgana and Lux are all mid lane champs I'm having trouble with.

BTW I'm pretty much always mid being Brand all the time.

Le Blanc mid is terrifying, she can close in on you in literally no time and shred you to pieces.

Forgot about her.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If anyone wants some 1v1 solo mid practice, hit me up. The goal is to get more last hits than me without dieing first or losing your tower ;)

Pikaville

I would love to but I am on EU West server :(

When me and my friends play I'm almost always mid.

It's just annoying though because my laptop sucks and I die sometimes when I really shouldn't have.

Low FPS FTL.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
They need to nerf the movement and leash range of Orianna's ball by about 50 units. ****'s a little absurd right now.

I mean she can just sit there last hitting on the creep wave and keep you from ever getting to farm. Who even counters her in lane?

EDIT: Sent, competent Caitlyn players win in lane because her auto range is amazing. Not many characters can even touch her.

Pikaville

Yeah I have felt the pain Cait can bring a few times now.

Lets not forget that if you make one mistake she can guarantee an ult hit to finish you off.

I actually don't mid Orianna too much surprisingly.

I guess it's an ok matchup for Brand.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
They need to nerf the movement and leash range of Orianna's ball by about 50 units. ****'s a little absurd right now.

I mean she can just sit there last hitting on the creep wave and keep you from ever getting to farm. Who even counters her in lane?

EDIT: Sent, competent Caitlyn players win in lane because her auto range is amazing. Not many characters can even touch her.
Brand and Karma beat her pretty badly in lane. Pantheon ****s her up pretty bad with boots first opening. If I had to guess, I'd say Sion gives her the business too.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You don't really know a guy until you've held his bowels, been sprayed by blood from his large intestine, and go elbow deep into his abdomen. Before you've even met him.

I'm tired after my 6 hour surgery but I wanna play some ranked 5s tonight so someone message me if you see me on. Dunno how late I'll be on though, seeing as I have to be there at 4:45am tomorrow.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I like posting funny situations.

Top lane, First time random Lee sin and I (Fiddlesticks) vs Yorick and Leona. After 20 minutes in of Lee sin continuing to jump towards them thinking he can kill them while I watch (And get called a terrible fiddle the entire game for not helping) I go 1/5/2 while he's 2/4/1. After top is destroyed I decide to jungle while the other 4 do whatever they want.
After around three team fights (one at baron late game) I come out with 10/11/12 (irony of me Kill stealing when i had the most assists). While the deaths are atrocious, the kills I kept getting were apparently "Kill steals" and despite Crowstorm giving me a quadra kill, my team still calls me terrible as I destroy three turrets in their base with Regular/Super minions and the other team surrenders before we destroy the nexus (And yorick was fed cause of the First time Lee Sin and I)
Welcome to solo que, I love when the other team focuses you and then you get called bad while your team is going to gods end to chase the tank with 1/3 health

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Can you get matched up with people you have previously ignored?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Brand and Karma beat her pretty badly in lane. Pantheon ****s her up pretty bad with boots first opening. If I had to guess, I'd say Sion gives her the business too.
Karma? How does she get in range? To be fair I've yet to see a Karma in ranked play, but...

EDIT: Also, will they ever fix that stupid thing with Brand's AoE where it hits you even though you're no longer in the circle? 8|

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They're trying to figure out how to fix the AoE bug. The fix will be universal since it was one change that caused the problem in the first place amongst all AoEs.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
AoE spells hit larger areas than they are supposed to. I at least know this is true of AoE skillshots for sure. Not so sure about AoE in general.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Does anyone have any idea on who the three bans for each team Game 1 between CLG and Crs were?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Karma's shield damage has pretty fawkin' huge range, surprisingly. Couple that with being able to put it on the **** she's trying to last hit and she be mad salty. MAD SALTY. And if the AoE glitch is effecting her shield? GG.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Karma? How does she get in range? To be fair I've yet to see a Karma in ranked play, but...

EDIT: Also, will they ever fix that stupid thing with Brand's AoE where it hits you even though you're no longer in the circle? 8|
I walk at you. You either get zoned or you eat my spells. If you get zoned, I poke you under your tower by mantra shielding creeps.

Top Bottom