• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I once level'd up using Jungle Amunu at Golems even with a leash.

How was that possible?

I don't think Zilean was on my team.

:phone:

Doubles? It means they got out of the xp range before you killed the first golem. You're supposed to hit 2 when you finish those.

EDIT: Damn, I got Ninja Corgi'd.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
oh lol, guess my leashers haven't been getting out of xp range properly

another question

bout to hit 20. who's rune page should I fill up first between amumu, orianna, and akali

trying to base it off who gets most affected by runes

which I think is akali cuz of her passive

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They all use Magic Pen and AP

And I think you have to hit level 21 actually. Either way

john!

Smash Hero
i did pretty well with wukong when i tried him out (better than i do with most heroes). i can believe that he's underrated.

oh lol, guess my leashers haven't been getting out of xp range properly

another question

bout to hit 20. who's rune page should I fill up first between amumu, orianna, and akali

trying to base it off who gets most affected by runes

which I think is akali cuz of her passive

you can't fill a rune page until you hit 30. i find that the fastest way to hit 30 is by taking solo mid as an ap carry (this might just be my personal preference though), so if you're looking to blow past the last 10 levels then orianna is your best bet. she might (deserves to) get nerfed next patch though.

speaking of which, i used karthus a lot on my low level smurf when he was enabled during the aoe bug. now i know what top players feel like when they play at 1200 elo

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think he means that he can get tier 3 at level 20 so he wants to start building Tier 3 runes and wants to know who to concentrate on first.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I rarely break even with Caitlyn, Ashe and Vayne but I always go legendary with MF. Miss Fortune is OP.

What's up with Attack Speed Janna? I remember seeing that mentioned while lurking this thread and built 2 Phantom Dancers and an Infinity Edge on her and carried my team even though they wanted to report me for trolling the whole game. E + Attack speed too good?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Wukong is very underated imo. But he has trouble against a lot of Top lane champs in the current meta.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
He needs farm and isnt an ad carry so thats out of the question. I mean I am just thinking about him being in a tournament setting. Of course in normals he will do fine where ever.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
His problem isn't he's bad top lane.

It's his kit being ****. lmao

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo don't dis on random stop Wukong. Hardest mindgames on whether he's in stealth or not

_Dice

Smash Ace
He needs farm and isnt an ad carry so thats out of the question. I mean I am just thinking about him being in a tournament setting. Of course in normals he will do fine where ever.
wat?

i play him alongside a carry bot lane. he doesn't need farm unless you are trying to carry with him. if you play tanky you can get philo boots HoG -> win

starting at lvl 3 he can harrass pretty well with E Q W escape. especially once philo gets there.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nimbus -> Q is pretty telegraphed though. Certainly enough time for the support in bot lane to shield/heal/stun/etc. I mean it's not as obvious as Garen using Q and having to manually run at you, but it's pretty obvious.

Either way, Wukong doesn't solidly distinguish himself from other characters very much regardless how you build him. You can make him work, but why pick him over the other guys?

_Dice

Smash Ace
E -> Q is pretty telegraphed though. Certainly enough time for the support in bot lane to shield/heal/stun/etc. I mean it's not as obvious as Garen using Q and having to manually run at you, but it's pretty obvious.
wheteher it's obvious or not depends on how well you can hide your intentions and the whether or not you can use brush.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even then, so what? You smacked someone 1 time with Q, maybe got in a AA in that time as well. That's not really strong harass, at least for how close you have to get to use it. And getting away with Nimbus only works if they have something targetable in front of them by a noticeable amount so you can back track.

Good luck at earlier levels too, where you aren't going to be doing enough damage to sustain that combo, and ranged carry will have AA range advantage over you. I mean that applies to most Melee tanky DPS/AD champs these days, but if you aren't overly tanky or do an insane amount of damage early levels, you're gonna struggle bot lane at early levels unless their lane/support is a mismatch.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Even then, so what? You smacked someone 1 time with Q, maybe got in a AA in that time as well. That's not really strong harass, at least for how close you have to get to use it. And getting away with Nimbus only works if they have something targetable in front of them by a noticeable amount so you can back track.

Good luck at earlier levels too, where you aren't going to be doing enough damage to sustain that combo, and ranged carry will have AA range advantage over you. I mean that applies to most Melee tanky DPS/AD champs these days, but if you aren't overly tanky or do an insane amount of damage early levels, you're gonna struggle bot lane at early levels unless their lane/support is a mismatch.
hey no you are right your theory craft is much more valuable than the experience i've had doing this for a few dozen games. :)

but seriously i've found it to work as longas you aren't stupid about when you jump in. obviously bad decisions will be punished. thats true of any lane combo.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think Wukong is great.........
in a game where you don't really care about competitive team or laning comp/jungling. Lol.

Play him in low Elo or crappy normals and he's just fine.

He's way too fun, though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh hey you're right, Wukong so underrated. Let's forget all these other champs that are better at him/provide things for a team that he does not.

Want more damage? There's a champ for that. Want a really solid initiator? There's a few champs for that. Want someone who's more anti carry role? There's a champ for that. Want someone that pushes like a monster? There's a champ for that. Want someone tanky that offers reliable CC? There's a champ for that.

His on hit Q is nothing special. Ok it reduces armor, and it does respectable damage with sheen/t force, but same thing with other champs. Only upside it has that most champs don't get is that the bonus damage applies to towers. He and Nasus in the same boat over others when it comes to that.

Nimbus Cloud is an awkward steroid/approach/escape that you can only use if you have something to target and you can't just immediately apply it. Hey I want Irelia true damage steroid, press spell. I want Jarvan double aura bonus, throw down Flag. Hey I want AS/AS steroid as this champ, select spell. Etc. Escape wise it's limited cause you have to target something with it (also means you have to have sight of it). The damage scales off AD but does magic damage, which is awkward later in the game when you're focusing clearly on AD armor pen and don't care about 300 - resistance magic damage.

His stealth for damage purposes is almost completely worthless because the clone just sits there. Even if you could reliably land that damage, the actual amount given is pretty small considering all things. For escaping/approaching, vision ruins it. It's best use is during a team fight when everyone's occupied with doing ****, and you stealth to get in position for Ult.

His ult... eh. His only form of CC, and it's simply a knock up 1 time for getting hit. Damage wise it's not too bad, the main problem is that it requires you to channel it to keep it going, meaning you can't take that same time to beat the pulp out of someone specific with auto attacks without stopping the ult. You can definitely do more damage to someone with 200 ish AD, nice chunk of crit and AS, than just by getting full ult duration off. This is more of a late game notice, but yeah.

As far as what he lacks, there are a few things he lacks that could set him more on par with other champs near his role. The lack of something distinguishable like reliable CC or sustain or very nice burst damage hurts him. You can't sustain like Irelia WW Nasus Xin Udyr (although you got nerfed you little manbearpig, OINK OINK) Garen etc. Burst wise you aren't doing more than most of those champs either. Irelia Q's in, does CC, gets AA's in maybe with sheen here and there, boom. Garen does Q and spins on your grave. Udyr applies the mighty tiger stance. etc.

CC wise he REALLY lacks reliable CC and I think this is his biggest problem since he's not over the top in other areas. Even Udyr's tiny 1 sec stun in bear stance is more appreciated than Wukong's only form of CC being in his Ult. There is so much you have to accomplish as a champion in that role, that not having reliable CC is a big thing for you to have to work around. If you jump in on that carry, but have no reliable CC, how are you helping your team keep them in place so that THEY can also beat on the carry? Or say you're outside that range, chasing someone down. Kinda hard to chase someone down without CC. There goes Fiddle about to use his Ult. But wait! You can stop that with your 10-13 second CD spell that stuns or knocks up or silences him right? Not if you're Wukong. Better hope your Ult saves the day.

D

Deleted member

wukong= lame gimmick reliant on characters/people that suck/ fall for lame gimmicks

also a good amount of the time his intentions are pretty obvious that when he does lame stealth 2 for seconds trick you can usually, but not always, read his opponents that if you have an aoe spellshot like chogath you will still **** him

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Lost another game with orianna ending my 13 game solo que win streak

Taric had all 3 gp/5 items. Doesn't buy a single ward all game and feeds. Akali top v garen, 0-7

This game >.<

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, Im starting to think Veigar is a bit underrated. He's got a good stun with Event Horizon that can hit a large group of people and is SUPER useful in team fights, not to mention throughout the whole game it is good for escapes/chases and has low cool down late game. He has Dark Matter which murders minions, is really spamable, does a lot of damage, and when paired with CC, like his Event Horizon, is really easy damage. His ult is really fast and wrecks anybody who builds AP in almost 1 hit, has low cooldown for an ult, and still does a lot of damage to non AP chars. His DPS is great when you chain his abilities, and his passive makes it really hard to run out of mana late/mid game.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
or can you get annie who drops tibbers on everyone to stun them + massive damage from her full combo :troll:

D

Deleted member

veigar is at worst decent

key to hitting dark matter is to use dark matter first then catch them in event horizon stun right after so they get hit by it

takes skill to use, most people that play veigar are scrubby scrubs. His stun is also pretty buggy. You can alistar headbutt through it and emerge unstunned. He seems like a poor laner but I think its mostly due to every single bad veigar insisting on last hitting with Q rather than fighting

countered pretty hard by ryze though IMO

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is there any way for me to efficiently do well against a Ryze in middle with Tristana?
Played a game last night and he just kept wasting me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well Annie is obv better, but I think Veigar has solid Tier 2 potential.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Tbh if your initiating with Wukong you are doing it wrong. He gets cc'ed and then his ult is useless pretty much because you have to cancel it, then what nimbus to their carry q and die? lol. Wait for a better initiate like ashe arrow or some shizz. It's better to use your ult when your entire team is around anyways so you don't get cc'ed or focused so hard so you can last the enitre duration. Protect your carries with your ult. It may seem lame but it honestly works from what I have played around with. Wukong bot lane tank doesnt seem good at all. I did say he had a hard time with top lane since he has no sustain pretty much. Although he isn't that good atm tourny wise I would really consider him as a sleeper champ.

Coney

Smash Master
veigar's one of my mains

little dude's really ****ing good

i play extremely passive until level 6 and make them think i'm just farming Q, then combo to ignite and they're dead and i go back and get tear and boots and **** and start harassing with stun>meteor

he's a mean little *******, and pretty hard to gank if you're smart

i also don't know why people get mejai's on veig, tbh. dude's gonna have stupid AP later anyway, why bother?

spellvamp veigar is silly too, Q heals like 1/4th of your health

jpak

Smash Lord
veigar is really good, though i only know one person taht can play it really well, nyjacky.
go look him up there might be a few tourney videos of him using veigar.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think he actually picked Veigar for a few games during MLG, but I don't believe they were recorded b/c observer mode had issues all the time (I remember reading about it on the twitter update).

Also, it's so nice that Riot Servers are always down at peak hours when I finally have some time to play :\

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Veigar was brought out in one game during MLG, and they won that game. He was also one of the opposing team's bans 3 times.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But the fact that 3 times, Veigar was thought to be dangerous as the likes of Jax/Ori/Zil and was banned shows that even in high level comp he can be a force to be reckoned with.

_Dice

Smash Ace
ah DMG his Q and E do physical damage only his W does magic btw (wu kong)

and all i kjnow is that he does very well for me as a tank character and i'll keep using him that way.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imma try out Leona cuz I need a Tank char, she appeals to me, and she's free to play atm, what do I do with her?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Imma try out Leona cuz I need a Tank char, she appeals to me, and she's free to play atm, what do I do with her?
Philo->HoG->Boots(2)->Sunfire->Boots2/Negatron->stuff.

I get boot really late because I have a movespeed quint so I don't really miss out on early speed.

I usually build an abyssal so my AP Carry can build something else, and it helps me output more damage too.

Eventually building a Randuins or Shurelias for their actives is a good thing.

I start with her stun and head bottom, then level up her Shield, then her gap closer, then the priority goes Ult>Shield>Stun>Gap Closer.
Just grab any last hits your carry would miss, and don't bother trying to farm until you get sunfire, but make sure your carries get creep priority. Don't be scared of anyone while your shield is up, you're super beefy. Especially after Philo+HoG early game.

-DD

Top Bottom