• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
ah DMG his Q and E do physical damage only his W does magic btw (wu kong)

and all i kjnow is that he does very well for me as a tank character and i'll keep using him that way.
All I said was seem. I'll definetly try it though. What do you usually build? I mean I know its enemy team dependant.

i lol'd at sivir being a counter to brand.

at BEST she can survive in lane vs him well. and that's if your spellshields are ****ing on point and you never get spellshield baited.

also wukong is trash compared to most other melee dps. i can't believe people are still arguing over his viability.

_Dice

Smash Ace
All I said was seem. I'll definetly try it though. What do you usually build? I mean I know its enemy team dependant.
well after the Philo HoG and boots. sunfire banshees. then pretty much depends on them. atmas is usually a pretty good bet if you need the damage. frozen heart works if you need the aura and you feel the CDR will be needed.

you can hit 200 Armor/MR with armor/level and MR level runes and your passive with just sunfire banshees and boots so from there it really is up to you. I find myself getting reverie and frozen heart more often than not lately.

and yeah you can spellshield on reaction to pillar. and i didn't say she was a counter. just that she could beat brand. and by beat i mean farm while almost ignoring his highly broadcasted spells because of your E which for sivir is definitely winning a lane.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not only that, but he can just use his auto target spell as harassment, and to avoid it you would have to preemptively use shield. I definitely would not say she's a counter to Brand in lane.

Wukong: His nimbus DOES do Physical. Well now. Such a weird spell. Physical leap in?

Either way, Wukong is just that: a fun name to say as a battle cry. Go kill someone in lane and scream that, you'll have a blast. WUUUUUUUUKAAAAAAAWWWWWNGGGGGGG

Ryze vs Trist: Abuse AA range at early levels before his Q gets powerful? I think you can do more damage to him than he can to you first 2-3 levels, but you gotta play aggressive. As you level up, gets slightly easier to poke at him here and there without big retaliation.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you can get to 9 with some dorans, wiggles or something like that it should be fine.
Otherwise you need to win the lane in the first 3 levels or so like DMG says.

Run magic resist glyphs and 9 in the defense tree if you're soloing (pretty standard... its rare you can solo [effectively] without defensive spec and/or utility spec heavy focus)

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Explain how you're supposed to win a game when your sona first steals blue from our jungle at start, then goes bot, instantly dies and gives it to cait

bot is 0/8 in <10 min Cait is on a rampage

w
t
f

this stupid game >.<

0/7 vayne 0/5 sona 0/3 olaf

20 min surrender

Welp time to sleep i guess.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i win 4/5 games i play with juan/zac/dan/iggy etc.

and lose 4/5 games i play with my irl friends

just, y'know, cause you're all totally interested

solecalibur

Smash Master
Explain how you're supposed to win a game when your sona first steals blue from our jungle at start, then goes bot, instantly dies and gives it to cait

bot is 0/8 in <10 min Cait is on a rampage

w
t
f

this stupid game >.<

0/7 vayne 0/5 sona 0/3 olaf

20 min surrender

Welp time to sleep i guess.
look 4 a pre-que team 4 awhile, in solo que assume ur gonna lose so you dont have high expectations, seriously makes the game 100% more amazing once i came to this realization.

Is there any way for me to efficiently do well against a Ryze in middle with Tristana?
Played a game last night and he just kept wasting me.
I assume dont get in range of that cage snare move and dont let him poke you but play very passively until your auto attack range is better then twistedfate (lol). Look 4 the ryze blindly right clicking you with his abilities and turn and run to make him back off. Spacing spacing until you have the ridiculous auto attack range tristy has and then farm without care.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
If your name isn't Pakman, blitz is a good character.

He is a situation pick though. He has to lane with a character with a lot of burst and be able to hook people really well,

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So I just finished like a 50 minute game. I went Atmogs GP. I was however dying really badly because they had a feed Brand and Morde. Instead of going to Atmogs path I know I shoulda went for a MR route like FoN and BV. How detrimental to damage will that be if I go tankier?

Like my endgame build was WL, Ionian Boots, Triforce, IE, Atmogs.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
go like spirit visage and FoN, then general dps builds (with life steal) + his oranges just give over all tankyness.
So like wiggles + tforce = bonus life steal from sheen proc while having it increased by 15% while having CDR while having all these items scale with each other reasonably well and voila you have tanky dps.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
go like spirit visage and FoN, then general dps builds (with life steal) + his oranges just give over all tankyness.
So like wiggles + tforce = bonus life steal from sheen proc while having it increased by 15% while having CDR while having all these items scale with each other reasonably well and voila you have tanky dps.
<3 Shaya. Thanks!

Like the whole time I wanted to try something along those lines but I was always too scared I would be able to dish out enough damage. I would like kill two people and then instantaneously blow up a second later. I will definitely try a more magic resist heavy GP when I fight feed AP champs.

Also I assume these rules would apply if they had say a fed Cait and Vanye or Ashe. Get WL and Triforce. Then rush armor like Sunfire, Thornmail or Omen?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you're not in TennSC Virg

also, holy crap, I'm so excited to be able to stop playing on low elo accounts soon. Seriously, 1200-1700 is solved best by, "play a boring jungler in a boring manner game after game and win 90% of the time." I'm so bored of Xin and WW now but any time I switch I feel like my win % plummets because I can't win all 3 lanes at once when I'm laning.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Okay so I finally started playing Teemo On My Regular account.

I'm not sure exactly how this AD **** works though...like when I build runes do I take Magic Pen because of the poison or Armor pen?

and why is it that i'm only supposed to build a bunch of on hit effects instead of some actualy AD?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Okay so I finally started playing Teemo On My Regular account.

I'm not sure exactly how this AD **** works though...like when I build runes do I take Magic Pen because of the poison or Armor pen?

and why is it that i'm only supposed to build a bunch of on hit effects instead of some actualy AD?
1. ArPen. You can go MPen if you prefer Malady builds, but if you do go down this path, you're a baddie, so get ArPen. Early on, you get more damage from the initial AD than the poison and ArPen pens harder than MPen anyway, so yea, again, ArPen.

2. The point of the On Hit build is that building AS + On-Hit effects synergizes with your poison. You can build straight AD, but building straight AD begs the question, "why not play any other ranged AD?"

For the full build, you should be going 9/21/0 (MPen mastery) with exhaust/ignite + flash, grabbing AD Quints, ArPen Reds, a mix of Dodge and Armor Seals, and some form of MRes Glyphs. You open boots + 3 pots, grab 2 dblades, grab wit's end and then work on Madred's blood razor and Frozen Mallet in whatever order seems appropriate (typically I find myself with boots2, 2 dblades, phage, madred's razor, and wit's end in the mid game). Get either mercs or zerkers depending on the game. After you have all those items, get whatever feels right. I typically go for GA + Bloodthirster, but it's largely game dependent at this point.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dont use tristana mid?
Thanks for the contribution. I'll take this to heart especially well.
Seriously, if you're not gonna help, then don't help. If it's a bad match up, explain why rather than being some smart-*** punk about it.

Ryze vs Trist: Abuse AA range at early levels before his Q gets powerful? I think you can do more damage to him than he can to you first 2-3 levels, but you gotta play aggressive. As you level up, gets slightly easier to poke at him here and there without big retaliation.
In the experience I had, I did just fine at early levels (1-4-ish). Harassing him with E made him burn through his health drinks very fast. However, what you said last I found, in that experience, to be the exact opposite. Once he hit 5, and then 6, I found it impossible to hit him at all without putting myself at a risk of losing 20% of my health through his snare + spells.

Not sure how I'm particularly supposed to go about dealing with it. He started to get in front of his own minion wave, so I'd have to sacrifice 20% every time I wanted to go in for last hits or whatnot, so I'd begin to starve from that point on.

How's the cooldown on his spells? At the very least, it'd give me a decent timer on how long I have to harass him after he uses a certain spell or two.

I assume dont get in range of that cage snare move and dont let him poke you but play very passively until your auto attack range is better then twistedfate (lol). Look 4 the ryze blindly right clicking you with his abilities and turn and run to make him back off. Spacing spacing until you have the ridiculous auto attack range tristy has and then farm without care.
At what level would Tristana's range outdo Ryze's? My team ended up forfeiting because every lane was getting outplayed, so I didn't get to level up much, but it felt like no matter how much range I had, I was getting outdone by Ryze's spell combos.

Seriously, I think I was at level 8 or so, and the harassment just didn't stop.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Ryze's Q has 700 range or something ******** like that so you basically never outrange him. Ryze should completely **** ranged AD sideways because he has easily sustainable high range harass with his Q so yea, don't play the matchup or play it absurdly passively until you can get ganks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thanks Mog.
That's what I was concluding myself after that crappy experience.

That's a damn shame.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya DMG that's completely wrong about ryze v tristana lol. Ryze's laning is rivaled only by people designed to counter him (anti-mages) and that's still a stretch due to his insane burst at just level 2, as well as crazy range.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You do lose most of the time when you play with us, though, lol.

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU GO GARBAGE TROLL BUILDS BEFORE THEY ARE PASSABLE IN USEFULNESS.

Tom is a good boy, and doesn't make it hard on us :p

MacD

Banned via Administration
garbage troll builds?

like my lux that went greaves, gunblade, nashor's, tri force, rageblade, FoN

and then carried/won? LOOOOL

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
you're not in TennSC Virg

also, holy crap, I'm so excited to be able to stop playing on low elo accounts soon. Seriously, 1200-1700 is solved best by, "play a boring jungler in a boring manner game after game and win 90% of the time." I'm so bored of Xin and WW now but any time I switch I feel like my win % plummets because I can't win all 3 lanes at once when I'm laning.
Kind of wish you streamed or recorded some of these games. Would loved to have seen low elo version of carry jungling.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Arc. All you do is gank every lane repeatedly until they are able to not fail themselves out of them.

How to play Kennen: EgoIgnaxio, lolololol. AND LEESIN IS THE METAGOLEM.

Nidalee: first you must travel back in time. haha.

I also laughed pretty hard at the Shaco part that says "WOOP!"

Top Bottom