• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
:mad: You guys need to invite me to games more

Always feel like you guys make it clear what I should be doing :awesome:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Orianna is broken! just bought her a few days ago and 8-1 with her in solo queue. The game i lost i was 8-0-14

One of those teams >.<

Anyone have any idea when elo is getting reset? Just farmed 160 elo for silver in like 2 days lol
Too bad she's banned like every game once you get past silver :(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
So glad I never bought Caitlyn. Although spending 5 bucks on a magazine to get a champion that costs 5 bucks isn't a great deal, I guess the exclusive skin makes it worthwhile.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
What? The guy is like if Jax and Garen had a baby. His burst at every point of the game is intense and he has a very good knock up along with a very homo stealth. It's just no one has realized his potential yet.
Except Garen doesn't need any farm to do the same amount of damage, has a silence, and has an ult that's useful for more than the knockup at level 1.

I never thought WuKong was as bad as people thought, but to put him that high? It's a little lulzy.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
WuKong is solid/balanced and doesn't particularly excel at any area of gameplay... but he's incredibly boring to play. Skarner is similar in usefulness, but more fun to play... and he thinks he's a pokemon.

Jax is a lategame unkillable monster, Garen is an early game rapist. WuKong is neither of these... he just has a gimmicky escape mechanism.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's because neither of them brings anything new to the table or does anything exceptionally well when compared to other characters in similar archetypes.

At least Skarner has an uninterruptible, mobile suppression.

john!

Smash Hero
Or someone higher up figures out a retardedly good build for a champ thought to not be that good, does well with it, influx of that build trickles down the ELO chain, until everyone is rushing Locket on Gragas and Udyr.

philo stone stacking was better than rushing locket anyways lol

all i have to say is this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=53789&d=1283303055

this was before malady's remake

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I compare Wukong to Jax and Garen because he feels like a combination of them. He may not be almost unstoppable like Jax, but he lanes a lot like him. Hurr durr, I jumped on you for half health and I can commit too if you're crazy because my jump is an attack speed steroid. It's stupid. I've seen so many Wukongs jump and Q me for ludicrous damage to know I'm not crazy. I compare him to Garen because he IS an early game rapist in my experience because of... well, the hurr durr.

And Skarner sucks and Wukong's ult is a giant AoE knockup that, like Garen, doesn't really care if he's stunned.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I compare Wukong to Jax and Garen because he feels like a combination of them. He may not be almost unstoppable like Jax, but he lanes a lot like him. Hurr durr, I jumped on you for half health and I can commit too if you're crazy because my jump is an attack speed steroid. It's stupid. I've seen so many Wukongs jump and Q me for ludicrous damage to know I'm not crazy. I compare him to Garen because he IS an early game rapist in my experience because of... well, the hurr durr.

And Skarner sucks and Wukong's ult is a giant AoE knockup that, like Garen, doesn't really care if he's stunned.
Who are you laning against him? What runes are you carrying to melt like butter?

UTDZac: It was a worse Stark's Fervor.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You are losing as tanky,sustainable characters to WuKong? You are doing something wrong then.

Trade with him before/after he harasses and you win, because he has no regen.

Also, if he's building AD, unless he is hitting 3+ people with his ultimate, he would be better off attacking than spinning for damage.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
See, the thing about regen is, he does a bajillion damage AND he gets free brush checks with his stealth. It's hard to bleed him out and because of the free brush checks I'm forced at my tower where he gets free jumps. It's vicious.

Should I cloth+pots?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Garen is probably the strongest anti-melee top in the entire game right now. Wukong should be frantically scrambling to answer you, not the other way around.

If using his escape to "freely" check brush is your idea of how he's beating you, I basically have no advice, because it's really friggin' simple to auto->Q->E and **** his face off if he's stealthing into the bush to get the jump on you. I mean, the whole matchup is just absurdly simple.

Wukong does something: W -> Q -> E
Wukong does nothing: lasthit and deny him with threat of Q -> E

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should I use flat MR glyphs or Scaling MR Glyphs for singed? I'm running Dodge seals, MS quints, and Mpen reds, trying to decide on blues.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wukong hits you with Q, you hit him with stronger Q. He hits you with Nimbus Q, you hit him with Q E and LAUGH at how little damage he is doing to you.

Even better? Later levels you can on reaction courage whenever he comes in with Nimbus to further reduce damage if needed.

Garen, unless you are feeding, should not lose to Wukong in lane.

Blues: Depends.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Give him auto crit and volley level 1, after that try to last hit and play patiently. If you volley early levels and miss, he basically gets free zoning on you til you get it back up. Cause your AA won't do as much as pillar/auto target with passive kicking in as well.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Should I use flat MR glyphs or Scaling MR Glyphs for singed? I'm running Dodge seals, MS quints, and Mpen reds, trying to decide on blues.
Probably flat. Flat is more useful in lane, which is when Singed needs it most.

How do you solo mid against Brand as Ashe?
You don't. There's a reason ranged AD goes bot nowadays.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
and the answer to that is have Banshee/QSS so you can deal with stun and then proceed to **** him. Because fighting him as Kayle while your ult is up is easy

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Probably flat. Flat is more useful in lane, which is when Singed needs it most.

You don't. There's a reason ranged AD goes bot nowadays.
Most ranged AD do really well vs Brand. Vayne beats him. Cait does well. Corki does well too. Maybe not Ashe, but I thought I'd bring this up anyways.

Brand poops on most ap carries and pretty much all the melee champs tho.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see how a ranged carry would be able to keep up with Brand's damage.
Vayne just tumbles out of the pillar. Corki Q has enough range to compete with him. Caitlyn seems self explanatory enough.

Most champ's problem is they can't match Brand's range safely- not necessarily the damage output. Just try it out in a custom game against a competent friend. You'll see.

Oh, and Chauster agrees with me :o

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My team:

Me (Rammus), K Prime (Kog'Maw), Maaaaaaaaaan (Leona), Geoberos (Ezreal), Paw (Kennen)

vs.

Tryhard #1 (Udyr), Tryhard #2 (Annie), Tryhard #3 (Cho'Gath), Tryhard #4 (Ezreal), Tryhard #5 (Lux)

We were getting STOMPED. At one point we were 9 to 31 in kills, and things continued to look grim. We never managed a dragon, we struggled for any kind of map control, and they kept focusing down Kennen so hard that we'd struggle to just stay alive.

They tear down our base. All we have left is 1 Nexus turret. They still have all their inner ones.

The last 10 minutes of that game then began a series of amazing, clutch, incredible comeback team fight wins I've ever played in this game. Soooo many thing happened that, if they didn't, we'd have lost incredible hard.

-We managed to steal baron. It cost both teams 2 members before we left.
-We held off all the super minions, barely. They left us with that single turret.
-Team fight in base. Somehow, we manage to survive that and they retreat.
-Baron wears off, and after awhile, comes back up. We all sit in the bushes behind it. They don't get it. Cho'Gath walks on by. They don't focus Kennen for the first time all game. Huge team fight. They MELT.
-We push too hard after we get the baron after that fight. Everyone but me dies. They have Vayne, Udyr, Cho, and Lux.
-They redestroy our inhibitor in mid, but right before they do, I flash > taunt > tremor > curl to kill Vayne. Udyr, Cho, and Lux push to the turret and start attacking it while I attack them. They're too low to do anything and run back out. I give chase since Cho is so weak.
-Beros ults right as he respawns. It double kills Udyr and Lux and brings Cho low enough for my Powerball to Taunt/Curl to kill him. I push all the way past.
-We manage to blow up their towers. Annie goes back up and kills Ezreal while I'm trying to destroy another tower.
-Vayne and Cho somehow die again. Kog, Leona, and Kennen were with me in their base I think.
-Udyr respawns, kills me, but gets ulted by Leona while Kog finished him.

-We win the ****ing game.

No one on our team was in the positive. We all got ourfarmed/outjungled/outlaned. We fed the Vayne and Annie. Yet, we STILL won.

The greatest game of LoL I've ever played.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I still say buying tank is the best way to play wu kong i do extremely well whenever i tank with him.

also espy i'm ****ing insulted we haven't played lol together. :)

also dangr Sivir beats brand in lane, but then again she doesn't do much else all game. xD

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I once level'd up using Jungle Amunu at Golems even with a leash.

How was that possible?

I don't think Zilean was on my team.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I still say buying tank is the best way to play wu kong i do extremely well whenever i tank with him.

also espy i'm ****ing insulted we haven't played lol together. :)

also dangr Sivir beats brand in lane, but then again she doesn't do much else all game. xD
What? Sivir has some of the best late game scaling on an AD carry, her weakness has always been laning.

I once level'd up using Jungle Amunu at Golems even with a leash.

How was that possible?

I don't think Zilean was on my team.

they weren't in XP range when you killed the golems, which is what's supposed to happen.

Top Bottom