• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
And the old skin is completely gone, you can't even choose it with the skin chooser.

YALL DUN GOOFED

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The Fisher Price edit/quote buttons sure won't.
Then don't use it. The old skin (Revolution) will surely be available again soon.

quickedit: personally, when i use revolution at work or school its uncolorful and look sketchy

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Then don't use it. The old skin (Revolution) will surely be available again soon.

quickedit: personally, when i use revolution at work or school its uncolorful and look sketchy
If the new skin was smaller resolution-wise and not so rainbow-riffic it would look great.

This theme is what you get when a bunch of different people with no basis in design can't agree on concepts. 8|

OH MAN THEY COULD MAKE THE POST BOXES LIKE 300px SMALLER

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
People really think Madred's is a viable dps item on someone not named Shaco?

It -really- is only good for jungling (baron/dragon) and vlad.... maybe sion (before they buy magic resist, mind you).

Infinity Edge + Last Whisper + Phantom Dancer is what's going to let Ashe kill any one tank when given the opportunity.
bloodrazor is good on WW and Teemo too at the very least.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think it was just a natural reaction to seeing five tanks staring you down from less than amazing players.
I mean, at first glance it seems fine; it's like an extra 120-150 damage from the unique active which seems fine. Then once you consider that we are all stacking MR and armor it suddenly becomes lack luster. They probably just didn't realize this, and honestly I doubt it would have done any good.

Teamfights were basically initiate with Swain's snare, Cho's knockup or a bandage toss on a carry, pop Amumu ult as Rammus and Singed ghost in during the stun to drag their carries away from the tank/support, fire off remaining CC, and burst down our targets. We had an incredible amount of aoe damage between all of us, so it was just too easy to win fights.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think it was just a natural reaction to seeing five tanks staring you down from less than amazing players.
I mean, at first glance it seems fine; it's like an extra 120-150 damage from the unique active which seems fine. Then once you consider that we are all stacking MR and armor it suddenly becomes lack luster. They probably just didn't realize this, and honestly I doubt it would have done any good.

Teamfights were basically initiate with Swain's snare, Cho's knockup or a bandage toss on a carry, pop Amumu ult as Rammus and Singed ghost in during the stun to drag their carries away from the tank/support, fire off remaining CC, and burst down our targets. We had an incredible amount of aoe damage between all of us, so it was just too easy to win fights.
for whatever it's worth, Yiruru rushed bloodrazor on Ashe in game 2 of TL vs. WHALE and went godly even though he was mostly trolling with the build.

it's not ideal or anything, but meh, it works... sorta.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was going to say WW, but he gets Madreds mainly for the jungle dominance... not necessarily (but of course it becomes so) a dps item. You're right about Teemo, considering he has more bang for his buck from attack speed scaling.

See Madreds only scales with attack speed. It is mitigated by magic resist and health and DPS reduction. Once you hit 2.5 attacks per second, that's pretty much it - the only way to make it better is resist reduction (fiddle, abyssal, malady, karthus, nidalee)
Auto attacks of the critical path scale with attack speed, armor reduction, armor penetration, critical chance, critical damage and attack damage. Mitigated by armor, health and dps reduction.

(DPS reduction = randuins, frozen heart, attack speed/damage debuffs)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think I will start posting here because my recent addiction to this game isn't crippling enough.

-DD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Do you ever have those games where you just KNOW you're fighting a losing battle? Like, regardless of how hard you fight and try you just can't win? It's one of the most depressing things to sit through.

Our team: Teemo, Akali, Singed, Sion, Warwick (me)
Their team: Taric, Udyr, Heimerdinger, Vladimir, Lee Sin

First off, I'm the only one that tried to push stuff and I couldn't even do that because I had Sunfire; all someone had to do was walk up next to me and I instantly had to back out or die to turret fire.

Second, when I finally gave up trying to push, every battle was just stun lock. Taric stun, Udyr stun, Heimer stun - dead. Then they just moved on to the next target. Games like that...you just know you can't win. Pushing doesn't work, team fights don't work, and it's just a slowly creeping defeat...*sigh*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
carry harder.

know when games are lost and convince team mates to surrender.
You're much better off just moving on to the next game than having a complete ****fest occur as you try and elongate the game further. When you say
"gg" (when you're already losing reasonably badly) and then your team doesn't surrender, there's a 95% chance that within 5-10 minutes you'll be verbally abusing each other as everything you do fails, further making the chance of a comeback likely impossible.

1. Pick junglers when you have people pick characters with good cc. Or their team has a ww and you have someone who can counter jungle (preying on low elo wws is a sure fire way for success)
2. Otherwise pick really really strong laners.

Luxor

Smash Champion
carry harder.
I've been doing terrible lately lol, so yesterday I figured I'd go back to playing as Xin and just **** some kids. I started out 5-1, but an AFK Poppy and a level 5 Rammus with 3 wins (3. wins.) managed to lose it for us (note how I'm shifting the blame here?). I ended up going 12-6.

Do I just need to carry harder, or should I switch to playing Ashe again or something? I've tried jungling in normals, and it works OK, but it doesn't win games in and of itself unless I do really well. I've tried Sion to bring extra CC, but that's not it. I've been thinking about trying Alistar for pretty much the same reason. But should I just stick with ranged carries for the win?
Should I look into Urgot or something?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thats the thing I notice about LoL...it takes one bad player and the entire game is pretty much lost. One AFK player isn't as bad as long as you play hardcore defense and have the right team setup. Multiple bad players or AFK players is just deadly, though.

-DD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ashe carries pretty hard if you're "good enough" and the enemy team carry doesn't get a 2k+ gold advantage on you. Like... still requires competent team mates imo.

But like... exploiting evenish games with Ashe is pretty easy. Their carry is surely going to be out of position and get insta gibbed thanks to arrows + 50 pings.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
AD Kennen. Ok bro I've seen people go to town, show me your moves.

SotO, Starks, PD

Gtfo

Vyke

Smash Champion
Forums have dun been Brawl-ified I reckon.

Needs to appeal to the new generation, don't you know?! :B

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
AD Kennen. Ok bro I've seen people go to town, show me your moves.

SotO, Starks, PD

Gtfo
This man Knows about that AD Kennen

a few days ago. we had a game where we went straight through the mid and pushed all of those turrets down including the nexus turret then got ace'd at the nexus

so while were sitting there waiting I was like "its time to go recon" ...before I died I put a Ward inside of the base so when I spawned I sold my everything I had (rylais 2 Deathcaps Nashor tooth Will of ancients) and bought Phantom Dancer Zerk Greaves IE 2 blood thirsters and as soon as they showed up at our base I teleported to the ward hit a few minions to get that thunder shuriken from W passive and Put in work on the turret...the greatest of victories

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
tkbro that sounds awesome!

i need to learn a crazy carry. I play too much jungle/support/assassin. I've been thinking about picking up trynda for some 3s shenanigans. me, kleeck and baall were playing ranked 3s and had a win streak and then we faced a team of trynda/shen/zilean. we had to kill trynda 4 times to kill him once. couldn't focus zilean or he'd kite us while trynda 3 shotted us. can't focus a shen who has lots of hp/resists. it was nuts. we did pretty well for a while, but if you don't dominate that team completely by 20 minutes, then they WILL beat you.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
also yesterday I played a whole Team who had Fortify Teleport.....DO YOU KNOW HOW ANNOYING IT IS TO ACE A TEAM AND THEN THEY CHAIN FORTIFY A TURRET THUS GIVING THEM ALL TIME TO RESPAWN......such a drawn out game.

with like 60% damage mitigation on an entire team's damage output (ignoring negligible timebomb damage)

I don't see how you could have lost

if zilean gets caught ONCE it's gg

not to mention shen trynd and zilean aren't exactly the best laners so you had a pretty strong chance of completely dominating them before trynd even went into win mode

actually I lied shen and zilean are decent but not vs the 3s gods like singed and xin

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Thanks for playing last night UTDZac. And thanks for the tips. I typically do a lot better with Amumu but that last game was just ; ;

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i wish i could play more. i've been spoiled by averaging double digit frames per second on my old desktop.

it died a few days ago.

i can't skillshot on my laptop ;-;

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
This new skin is pretty snazzy.

So I need opinons on my Cass. I think she's my only good AP carry now. x.x
Someone(or we can arranged) play a few games with me tonight and tell me how I do with her.

(Kennen, Akali, Lux, and Morg don't really count as AP carries in this statement.)

Top Bottom