• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I was going to say WW, but he gets Madreds mainly for the jungle dominance... not necessarily (but of course it becomes so) a dps item. You're right about Teemo, considering he has more bang for his buck from attack speed scaling.

See Madreds only scales with attack speed. It is mitigated by magic resist and health and DPS reduction. Once you hit 2.5 attacks per second, that's pretty much it - the only way to make it better is resist reduction (fiddle, abyssal, malady, karthus, nidalee)
Auto attacks of the critical path scale with attack speed, armor reduction, armor penetration, critical chance, critical damage and attack damage. Mitigated by armor, health and dps reduction.

(DPS reduction = randuins, frozen heart, attack speed/damage debuffs)
no... WW has razor for jungle control, bloodrazor is 80-90% about being his one stop shop for DPS vs. the other team. The other 10-20% is for Baron speed, but it's honestly not that big a deal most of the time.

You're overcomplicating how things scale. Razor's magic damage is based off of %HP, hence, it is not mitigated by health. DPS reduction is a pretty silly category of thing to look at too, it's much simpler to just state that bloodrazor's magic damage scales upwards with Magic Penetration and Attack Speed and scales downward vs. Magic Resist. Meanwhile Physical Damage scales upwards with Armor Penetration, Attack Speed, Crit Chance, and Damage, and scales downwards vs. Armor and HP. Really what it boils down to is that Madred's is simply a more complete item than any other DPS item (short of Triforce perhaps). If you're looking to deal with all your DPS off of 1 item slot, you can't do it efficiently with Damage/Crit item, but you can with a bloodrazor. Teemo is an exception to this mostly because he deals enough magic damage anyway to justify magic penetration independent of itemization and thus scales well with magic damage procs on his attacks.

I think I will start posting here because my recent addiction to this game isn't crippling enough.

-DD
LoL is so horribly addicting, don't let it suck you in too hard :p.

AD Kennen. Ok bro I've seen people go to town, show me your moves.

SotO, Starks, PD

Gtfo
...supa pro build

People talking like they know this game. zzzz
Jazriel condescendingly implying that he knows this game. zzzz

Talking about AD kennen... wonder where Azen went.

He was my herrrrrrroooo.

Inactive for 1.5 months :(
his build changed a lot with the times, but it was always pretty much a standard IE-centric build. in the current version, I think he'd run something like Wriggles (he always used to rune emblem of valor after d-blade, so I guess he really liked early lifesteal) -> IE -> PD + LW.

This new skin is pretty snazzy.

So I need opinons on my Cass. I think she's my only good AP carry now. x.x
Someone(or we can arranged) play a few games with me tonight and tell me how I do with her.

(Kennen, Akali, Lux, and Morg don't really count as AP carries in this statement.)
Cass is ****ing terrible. What a useless character. I have literally never seen one do well outside of lane.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Lee Sin has a haduken and a hurricane kick. They should have given him a dragon punch and named him Ryu Sin.

also, the new skin is craptacular. fail swf admins and devs. fail so hard.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ehhh its just the buttons...they are kind obnoxious but I still like the skin

also Flash Behind Dragon Kick is now my new Favorite move in LoL

and Kicking rammus when he Powerballs also

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
with like 60% damage mitigation on an entire team's damage output (ignoring negligible timebomb damage)

I don't see how you could have lost

if zilean gets caught ONCE it's gg

not to mention shen trynd and zilean aren't exactly the best laners so you had a pretty strong chance of completely dominating them before trynd even went into win mode

actually I lied shen and zilean are decent but not vs the 3s gods like singed and xin
Did you miss the part where we had to kill Tryn 2 times and burn through a Shen ult? Oh, and Tryn has free reign in the jungle due to massive mobility/escapability.

The only chance you really have against a team like that is kiting the melee and/or nullifying the support. Mitigating damage is simply not enough.

As for Zilean: Shen ult. His own ult. Trynda mobility... Getting the picture? I find your response extremely oversimplifying what Dastrn was saying. Trynda truly is a powerhouse in 3s at our Elo.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Kleeck

that cat is clearly doing a tiger uppercut. the body stays perpendicular to the ground in a shoryuken. when you arch sideways like that, you're clearly finishing a tiger uppercut. just sayin'.

oh yea, and trynd is sorta a pain in the *** on TT.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
First off let me say I love Udyr soo much fun to play. I'm want to pick up another jungler between Trundle or Olaf that way I have some beefy junglers as I mainly play Udyr/Amumu/Shaco.

Any recommedations? I'm leaning between Olaf and Trundle but if you guys have any other recommendations I'd be open to those as well.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Udyr and Amumu are both beefier than Olaf/Trundle for the most part =3.

anyway, I'd say Trundle because he's a lot easier to get the hang of and requires a less specific team comp to be good. Olaf can certainly be better, but he needs the right support for making the enemy team fight him and feels really awkward to me with his piss poor CC.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Kleeck

that cat is clearly doing a tiger uppercut. the body stays perpendicular to the ground in a shoryuken. when you arch sideways like that, you're clearly finishing a tiger uppercut. just sayin'.

oh yea, and trynd is sorta a pain in the *** on TT.
While performing the Tiger Uppercut the line of the body is straight as is the upward movement. (See exhibit A.)

(Exhibit A.)

As you can see, the body is straight.

The Shoryuken involves a spin towards your opponent (See exhibit B), which is clearly the phase of attack that Ryu Cat was in when this picture was taken. Note the slight twist at the hips.

I do agree, though, the Shoryuken in it's purest form is done with a body perpendicular to the ground not angled towards one's opponent.

(Exhibit B.)

Ryu Cat is clearly in need of perfecting his form.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
[Image removed.]

ROFL. So good.

Edit: Awwww! Imagine removed. Sad. Pop the link in Never Knows! F8tal h8z da big imagez!1

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Could you recommend a level/item/mastery/rune set for Trundle?

I typically play Amumu really well. I would guess that we just lost everything that match so I felt like I was doing nothing. But I always feel bad as a jungler if people are losing their lanes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
While performing the Tiger Uppercut the line of the body is straight as is the upward movement. (See exhibit A.)

(Exhibit A.)

As you can see, the body is straight.

The Shoryuken involves a spin towards your opponent (See exhibit B), which is clearly the phase of attack that Ryu Cat was in when this picture was taken. Note the slight twist at the hips.

I do agree, though, the Shoryuken in it's purest form is done with a body perpendicular to the ground not angled towards one's opponent.

(Exhibit B.)

Ryu Cat is clearly in need of perfecting his form.
I'm too lazy to find a gif, but as Sagat finishes a high tiger uppercut, he does a flip, which is what I assume the kitty is in the middle of from his contortion (which I assume is away from the opponent after finishing the maneuver, not towards the opponent before finishing, that would be weird).

how 2 lern roaming
it's hard to get a good sense for it, but it's probably easiest with flash + CV on Alistar or Taric opening boots + ward + hp pot with a 0/9/21 spec, gold/10 quints, mpen reds, armor yellows, mres blues and then rushing Philostone + HoG. Your goal is basically to just go around and ruin everyone on the opposing team's fun, so you're just trying to disrupt jungle path and constantly gank everywhere to give your lanes an advantage.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
I'm too lazy to find a gif, but as Sagat finishes a high tiger uppercut, he does a flip, which is what I assume the kitty is in the middle of from his contortion (which I assume is away from the opponent after finishing the maneuver, not towards the opponent before finishing, that would be weird).

Exhibit C.

Still not convinced. Ryu Cat is clearly NOT doing a flip, it is the rotation in Shoryuken.

Edit: <3 Pakman.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Exhibit D, expert testimony:
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: btw, am I crazy or is Tiger Uppercut more appropriate?
[12:37] Pakman on Crack: i dont even know what you guys are talking about
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: the kitty in Kleeck's avatar
[12:37] Pakman on Crack: ohhhhhhh
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: he's like, arching away
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: at the high of his jump
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: seems plausible that that could be the end of a Tiger Uppercut
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: yeah
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: also
[12:38] Wesley Ruttle: but there's no way it's a correct Shoruken
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: tigers are cats
[12:38] Wesley Ruttle: oh ****, good point
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: so a cat would be more likely to do a tiger uppercut

I mean, I suppose there's no way to be conclusive, but between it being a cat and it's posture, I think it's considerably more likely that that's a slightly poor form Tiger Uppercut instead of a horrible form Shoryuken.

Back on topic, Jarman is still **** and I still haven't heard anything about them nerfing him so I'm pretty ****ing stoked about that. My jungle clear with him is 3:40 with a leash.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
it's hard to get a good sense for it, but it's probably easiest with flash + CV on Alistar or Taric opening boots + ward + hp pot with a 0/9/21 spec, gold/10 quints, mpen reds, armor yellows, mres blues and then rushing Philostone + HoG. Your goal is basically to just go around and ruin everyone on the opposing team's fun, so you're just trying to disrupt jungle path and constantly gank everywhere to give your lanes an advantage.
Do you try to time your visits to lanes with minion waves? To at least scoop some XP? I understand speccing for gold, which makes sense, but how does a roamer maintain a viable level?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that sounds good, thanks mogwai.

roaming seems like a gamble...

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Nice thing about Alistar is that his presence is still relevant after level 6 even when he is under leveled because of his kit. He gets an AOE stun and can knock someone away from your carry.

Taric is similar. His ult keeps him alive. He either gives an armor buff to your team or debuff to theirs. He heals without putting himself in a really bad position.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Exhibit D, expert testimony:
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: btw, am I crazy or is Tiger Uppercut more appropriate?
[12:37] Pakman on Crack: i dont even know what you guys are talking about
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: the kitty in Kleeck's avatar
[12:37] Pakman on Crack: ohhhhhhh
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: he's like, arching away
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: at the high of his jump
[12:37] Wesley Ruttle: seems plausible that that could be the end of a Tiger Uppercut
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: yeah
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: also
[12:38] Wesley Ruttle: but there's no way it's a correct Shoruken
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: tigers are cats
[12:38] Wesley Ruttle: oh ****, good point
[12:38] Pakman on Crack: so a cat would be more likely to do a tiger uppercut

I mean, I suppose there's no way to be conclusive, but between it being a cat and it's posture, I think it's considerably more likely that that's a slightly poor form Tiger Uppercut instead of a horrible form Shoryuken.
You assume he is arching at the high of his jump, not spinning, as his posture would assume. I think it's clear he is NOT flipping, as there is nothing in the form to denote that action.

It is also worth noting that there is no way that this is a correct Tiger Uppercut either. (See exhibit A and comment above.) I am simply arguing the most plausible scenario, which is CLEARLY the Shoryuken.

Also, Sagat is a human and does a Tiger Uppercut, your species argument is invalid, expert opinion or not. :troll:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Do you try to time your visits to lanes with minion waves? To at least scoop some XP? I understand speccing for gold, which makes sense, but how does a roamer maintain a viable level?
you just gotta position correctly so that you can hold lanes and soak EXP when people need to back. Also you can sit bot and soak levels if you get too far behind.

that sounds good, thanks mogwai.

roaming seems like a gamble...
it seems that way but when you're good at it, it's not much of a gamble. Roamers are very disruptive and can have huge impacts on a game even though they may get underleveled and feel like dead weight in midgame teamfights (though usually not since roamers are typically the type of character that can still perform their role without farm or levels (like alistar, herpdederp)).

if you wanna see the effects of a dedicated roamer, you can see how badly 0123456789's Taric ****ed up WHALE in these games:

http://www.own3d.tv/aonempatic#/watch/98649
http://www.own3d.tv/aonempatic#/watch/98672

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i see. how 2 dougie without feeding

whiel lernun

i juess normal gaem?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I dunno, do w/e. I learned to roam a bit by grabbing Darc and trolling him with first time Roamistar, but you can do w/e to learn it. Just play it, it doesn't really matter where, you're just trying to get a sense for how to use clair + your early usefulness in ganks and stuff.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You're overcomplicating how things scale. Razor's magic damage is based off of %HP, hence it is not mitigated by health.
In a shrewd way it is. Health is reducing the efficiency of your physical damage, which, in itself, is still a majority of the damage you will deal even against high health opponents.

DPS reduction is a pretty silly category of thing to look at too,

I say DPS reduction because its mitigation by "flat" (linear) percent, and doesn't follow the wonky scaling of stacked armor/magic resist. I forgot to mention 'dodge' is also one of those things.

it's much simpler to just state that bloodrazor's magic damage scales upwards with Magic Penetration and Attack Speed and scales downward vs. Magic Resist.
Magic Penetration insinuates that the mastery + grabbing sorc boots/etc will be reducing the damage mitigation. It scales with MR reduction not penetration. (I know I'm being anal with words here considering literally they are very similar, but in LoL terms...)

If you're looking to deal with all your DPS off of 1 item slot, you can't do it efficiently with Damage/Crit item, but you can with a bloodrazor.
Cleaver is a damage item which can be pretty effective as one slot.
However, realistically, Madreds as a 4k item won't be doing much more damage than Infinity Edge including 20% critical, depending on whether your carry in question has AS steroids.

his build changed a lot with the times, but it was always pretty much a standard IE-centric build. in the current version, I think he'd run something like Wriggles (he always used to rune emblem of valor after d-blade, so I guess he really liked early lifesteal) -> IE -> PD + LW.
IIRC he would grab rage blade... maybe that was another AD kennen which did that though.

Coney

Smash Master
yo twisted fate is so Goddamn annoying. i feel like he serves nearly no purpose but to be an annoying *******.

i was playing him last night and though i sucked early and mid game, by late game i had all my items and was just demolishing creep waves. if a team fight erupted at our base i'd teleport to top, then as a few tried to retreat to get me a few of them would die, and then when it looked like they were about to catch me i'd destiny to bottom instead--i had youmuu's so i would win 1v1 unless it was the team's carry (an extra-fed tryndamere), but that would pull him away from my team anyway

it was really, really gay. they were stronger than us and would win every team fight, but at a certain point i would just randomly destiny into their base, take out their inhib with 15 hits and then recall immediately

Twisted Fate - The *DiP* Master

btw before you guys say anything yes i'm sure this wouldn't work against competent teams, but it sure is awesome for premade normals

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I never once saw Azen buy Rageblade.

Also, MPen works with Madred's/Wit's End/Malady/etc as far as I know. I haven't tested it myself but it would be pretty ****ing silly if it didn't.

Also, if you're counting the rest of Madred's, then it still scales upwards with Crit and Damage and Armor Pen and all the other standard ****. If you're going to count that negative, it's stupid to not count the positive aspects of it, but we're talking about the on hit proc (since you're saying it only scales upwards with attack speed and MRes reduction).

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
are we still talking about AD kennen?

Can someone actually tell me how that is practical?

I troll build AD kennen but I couldnt see myself actually going all AD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Could you recommend a level/item/mastery/rune set for Trundle?
Just so I don't get missed from all the Ryu/Sagat antics.

Hopefully I'll get my ranking tonight. I'm currently either 5-4 or 5-3 I forget but I think it's 10 fights for a ranking or is it 10 wins?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
10 games for a ranking I think.

Trundle can start vamp scepter (greedy) or cloth armor (safe)

ArPen Reds + Marks, Armor Seals, MRes Glyphs

21/0/9 (greedy and speedy), 1/14/15 (safe and easy), 1/8/21 (somewhere inbetween)

wriggles -> boots -> triforce + mercs -> standard tanking crap, typically GA/BV for me, but you can do w/e feels appropriate. You can also just grab phage or sheen and delay finishing the Triforce if it feels appropriate.

You can do lots of different **** for jungle paths. I tend to eat their jungle a lot. I do **** like starting with my wolves and then eating their wraiths -> small gols if we clair them at their blue. But you can also do standard safe paths on your side. QWQEQR -> R > Q > W = E (W vs. E is preference, I prefer E but it can go either way).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can also finish off the tank stuff before your Triforce if the team doesn't really have a good initiator and you want to bait/charge in more (though I recommend having Sheen anyway).

I like to start with big wolf before blue spawn, blue with a partner leashing, then go steal their golems and try to cut them off at red (this is assuming they started at blue, of course).

Top Bottom