• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

what is ur preferred build?

i have stolen one from a good kass guide on solomid:

flash ignite

spell pen reds, mana regen yellows, ap per level blues, flat ap quints

catalyst
boots
RoA
sorc boots
(mejais if vs n00bs)
deathcap
spell pen item if greedy or banshees or quicksilver if malz/warwick

if i'm vs a spellcaster (including vlad) i find that first blooding them is pretty easy by Q-ing them each time they try to last hit, then around level 4-5 i flash ignite Q, E auto attack to death

but what do you do vs tough melee laners?? i'm currently starting solo queue ranked and my ELO has ****** laners but what about those who know how to play

irelia, renekton, etc

seems like i can't do much and i either waste mana/ they free farm

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Kass has some pretty big variations in how you can spec and play him. I've tended to play a very tanky, late game oriented kass that you would probably have trouble adjusting to because of how much weaker my early game burst is. I run 0/9/21, MPen Marks, Armor Seals, MRes Glyphs, and HP/5 Quints. I run Flash/Teleport to give my team additional dragon control from top and the TP allows me to open d-shield and trade early hits because I can back and heal + buy when the going gets tough in the first few minutes. I build catalyst and boots first and then a tear of the goddess. I then rush Deathcap unless I need mercs quickly and then situationally build towards Archangels, Void Staff or Banshee's. It's also worth noting that I take a quick point in W at level 2 with this spec because I trade auto-attacks a lot since I can afford to and I need the additional mana to fuel my early Qs because I don't spec mana regen aside from meditation mastery. This spec works a lot better vs. those tanky ****ers because they can't really force you off the lane with all your regen and mitigation, but you won't score early kills vs. squishies the way you do in your spec.

I assume you open mana crystal + 2 hp pots with you spec, correct? If so, that's a pretty standard aggressive Kass build, though I would delay RoA for sorc shoes since the 20 spell pen early is a crazy increase to your damage output before opponents spec some Mres. I've also seen sidelane Kassadin builds from Statick where he opens tear -> sorc shoes -> mejais, even against good opponents, and pretty much just waits for that 1 good teamfight at dragon where he busts everybody up and starts snowballing into deathcap.

D

Deleted member

yea 9/0/21 is the masteries i use for more clarification

question about getting sorc boots before RoA, i've been told to rush RoA and get it around 13-15 mins so I can get its benefits quicker, but do Sorc Boots before RoAs increase damage output as opposed to getting RoAs first? In my current ELO vs a spellcaster I usually poop on my lane and can get it by 13 mins with normal boots

in higher elos, do u feel it is necessary to build more defensive? I've been told numerous times that Kass is a horrid laner and is this more reflective of harder people? or matchup dependent. Vs most of the spellcasters it seems like Kass is at least even or carries a strong edge vs them

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I assumed as much for masteries. That's a 100% standard pre-game spec for mana-using casters.

People stress how early you want your RoA too much. If you can get it at 13 mins, I suppose that's worthwhile, but that's absurdly early for the games I'm used to and honestly I wouldn't want to give up my Catalyst procs at that point. Again, I'd rather just grab the blasting wand and sorc shoes if I had 1710 gold after boots + catalyst that early, but it sounds like you're generally stomping hard enough at that point that it doesn't really matter, so w/e.

matchup dependent. vs. spellcasters, having an offensive spec allows you to destroy them with your early burst, silence, mobility, and natural mitigation. but against a carry or tanky character, you'll get ruined for specing like that because suddenly they don't care about your natural mitigation or silence and they just punch you in the nuts constantly while you wait around for CDs. With my spec, I just attack them back and frequently just ruin them by doing so because they're not used to fighting a Kassadin who comes to lane with 40+ armor and mres and over 20 HP/5 and has the early armor pen from his W. But without that burst, I can't abuse spell casters the same way due to lower burst and no ignite in the spec. You can still play bursty vs. Carries, but you'll usually get bossed around until level 6 doing so and if they're smart, they'll just grab an early negatron and multiple d-blades to keep you from buttsehksing them in the 6-11 level range.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I mean... won't it be worth it if they make her useful/present in teamfights?
Well, Morello thinks she's unbeatable laning right now, so chances are they'll neuter her laning too hard.

And because Riot sucks balls at champion design they'll probably make her even weaker in teamfights or some bull****.

All because of ****tards that don't know how to not die versus her.

****ing **** **** damna oie hafjbn[ek;l

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You'll still get lantern procs on the Q, it just won't also lifesteal for a percentage of that proc.

So yes sometimes your Q will instagib ****.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
cool so i dont know if i understand this but

if you buy sunfire and rylais and run next to someone, it's like a 15 percent permaslow?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wiggles has become extremely popular for a couple of reasons:

1. every new champion is an amazing laner with either an amazing sustainability tool that makes them hard counter just about 100% of all champs without such tools.
2. doran's nerfs + potions nerfs
3. Build items such as cloth armor + pots/etc being the viable option.

It's pretty sickening that if you don't have amazing hard cc / healing as any champion you'll lose stupidly hard to Renekton, Jarvan, Nidalee, Irelia, Cho'Gath, Malphite (less so now after nerfs), Vlad, Tryn, Sion etc etc etc (this is more in relation to top lane, rather than mid... a lot of characters are pretty A-okay against chars they'd get brutalised by in top while playing them in mid).

This didn't -use- to be the case. There was some inherent balance with doran's shields + a health potion + the generally higher damage available to non-sustainers. Riot's honestly ****ed up, they're nerfing wiggles, which was pretty much the only counter to not getting hard-core ***** in lane against any bruiser.

However, some characters were just too good with wiggles. Teemo, Tristana (imo), and those BRUISERS themselves getting it.

Long term effects of the items are fair call though. I wouldn't buy wiggles to help farming (it is an amazing helper though) but for sustainability. How else would Ezreal be able to farm against anyone who can clear creeps fast while not being completely gold denied if he can't just stand in a wave of minions killing them without the tower getting in the way.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Like, no jokes, I'm sure Dan will hate me for saying it.

But Nidalee in top is a disgusting laner.
Absolutely positively disgusting.

Hard countering just about anyone bar other OP-sustainers just by getting level 6 then suddenly walking up to them and mashing dem buttons in Cougar form to force them out of lane. If you attack her back, just poofs away and heals all of your counter harass.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been somewhat disgusted with the things I've been getting away with as Renekton once I get my Wriggles and ult.

5 tank team just kicked some serious *** again tonight. Figure that I need to get that out of my system with the supposed rework to tanks/dps this coming patch. It's sad that it works right now, and Whale even showed it at a higher level too. Wouldn't say I disagree with their move though, just think that they kind of bottlenecked themselves into needing to fix it.
I was jungle Amumu, with a Singed, Cho, Swain, Rammus on my team. Even with a Nocturne, Ashe, and WW having Bloodrazor. Like there was just nothing you could do to a team of 200+ MR and Armor, 3500-4000 health each, an *** ton of hard cc and enough aoe to muscle through fights. During our last push we just staggered Randuin's activations to just faceroll an ace.

I still see myself grabbing Wriggles on bruisers/Teemo. It still offers so much, and it's sustainability is still good, just not as absurd as it was with the lifesteal on procs. Free wards is still insanely good, and it's going to cost you like 1600 gold for sustainability, free wards, armor, ad, and pushing power.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People really think Madred's is a viable dps item on someone not named Shaco?

It -really- is only good for jungling (baron/dragon) and vlad.... maybe sion (before they buy magic resist, mind you).

Infinity Edge + Last Whisper + Phantom Dancer is what's going to let Ashe kill any one tank when given the opportunity.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like, no jokes, I'm sure Dan will hate me for saying it.

But Nidalee in top is a disgusting laner.
Absolutely positively disgusting.

Hard countering just about anyone bar other OP-sustainers just by getting level 6 then suddenly walking up to them and mashing dem buttons in Cougar form to force them out of lane. If you attack her back, just poofs away and heals all of your counter harass.
I'm not mad. I think you're overrating her, as there's a lot champs that go even or beat her, and the fact that most people lane against her incorrectly... but that's not the point.

In fact, I'm totally okay with them nerfing her laning, because she does have monster laning. As long as they fix all her god damn bugs and buff other parts.

It's just that I just don't want RIOT, and all their incompetence, messing with her. They've proven with past nerfs that it's very likely they're going to ruin her and make this game boring for me.

Top Bottom