• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Well I was on the fence about whether or not Ryze would be nerfed (he's too strong, just still underused and off the radar) but now it's gonna be like a week till Ryze QQ pops up...

http://reignofelementz.com/2011/some-balance-changes-i-feel-should-happen#more-1592

And we'll get even more Teemo QQ than we already do, now that Elementz is saying it.
I respect his opinions as he is a great player, but it never ceases to amaze me how much say one guy's opinion can have in the community.

Edit so I don't doublepost:

Is it just me or is Renekton underrated?
I've just been dominating any lane I go in with him. Starting Cloth+Pots and with his natural sustainability I was just able to stay in lane for the entire early game easily. There was one game where the other team lacked a jungle and I solo'd top without backing until 13. That whole time with only a cloth armor, and I was still outfarming my lane, and trading positively on most harass.
Not sure how ideal it is, but I've been building a Wriggles, Merc Treads, Sunfire Cape as core, grabbing whatever tank items fit the other team best, and topping it with a Frozen Mallet. I've had two games with him now go past the 50 minute point and at that time I sold my Wriggles for an Atma's to get some serious damage lategame. With ult active in those really long games I was looking at ~4000 health and a solid ~200 AD on a very tanky and mobile champ.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
She has some decent burst early game (nothing as ridiculous as Zilean, and without his stupidly good passive), but she tapers off in usefulness really quickly due to length between mantra charges and general lack of utility in her moves without it.

EDIT: LOL, Shaya showed up in a screenshot of someone's rage-post :)

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=147914&d=1301851857
Who's rage post would that be?

That game was awkward... we were winning early but we just... couldn't touch them in team fights... we had absolutely no cc :\

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
having no CC is kind abad <.< when i play you build 1, Carry, 1 Nuke,1 Tank, 2 CC's <.< normally anywaysy

also do u guys play NA or EU?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That was US.

We had taken them down to only 3 towers left (2 nexus, 1 top) while we still had like... all bar 2 turrets. Things just went wrong from there...

4 single target dpsers (3 melee) against trundle and alistar.
With our only cc being xin, a blind and shaco jack in the box.

We probably could have won.... at some point of the game myself and mundo were free to take their two inhibs again... and then we suddenly retreated because someone on our team was like OMG FIGHT FIGHT (baron wasn't up, they were outside baron... they started a fight 3v5).

Couldn't convince teemo to buy magic resist.

I really need to play proper arranged 5s more, because its significantly more challenging. BUT trying to tell people what's the best play didn't seem to work out well with 2 people I hadn't played with before.

:(

Also Reverie:
Catch *****es,
move faster,
cool down reduction,
health
I wasn't really building damage because shaco is da squish and playing damage support ish good.

Blegh thinking about that game now hurts (it was 3am)... kept fighting in tight spaces in the jungle... bleghhhhhhhhhhhh

jpak

Smash Lord
ryze deserves a nerf, teemo is super strong. most of what elementz is saying is correct. i believe katarina and sivir are fine. kat is a great situational pick as some of you may saw, solomid lost in tourney to a katarina that did really well. sivir is mid/late game carry, and Q was buffed for that time, sivir is still good.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Is karma really bad? Like in a solo lane...kinda like Zilean with that AP Carry/Support role? This free week has made me think she might actually be good.
my thoughts on karma:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=207465#4

essentially, yes, she's good.

She has some decent burst early game (nothing as ridiculous as Zilean, and without his stupidly good passive), but she tapers off in usefulness really quickly due to length between mantra charges and general lack of utility in her moves without it.

EDIT: LOL, Shaya showed up in a screenshot of someone's rage-post :)

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=147914&d=1301851857
her early game is way better than zil's.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
just duo queued a ranked with odincore and safehaven was on our team. lol 3man ranked vent. we stomped kids ^^ ggs

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Here's my problem with ranked right now: you can't teach idiots positioning. In about 50% of my games, there's one idiot that thinks it's a good idea to farm mid alone without a Banshee's when Ashe is on the enemy team. Or 2 people who think it's a good idea to chase one tanky target when 4 more enemies will be there within 4 seconds. It's EXTREMELY frustrating because even if you play your game well, they just get caught at the 40 minute mark and ruin it.

Like I said, it's 50% of my games...I don't know how to get past that. Even when I tell people to group up the people who are a problem don't listen...I mean should I just start running around with them and babysitting them? But then that would just lead to us starting fights in bad places...argh, it's just so frustrating -_-

You know, the worst part is that I'm starting to think that I'm just not going to be able to carry enough games because of this - you win one, then you lose one, then you win two, then you lose one, and you end up with a net gain of +1 win after 5 games :/ Like...I know I play well, but even with all that I can do right in a game I still feel like it's going to take me months to carry enough teams.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
K, changed my mind about Lee Sin after playing him a bit more the past couple days.

He's quite terrible. Either needs better base damage or way better AD scaling to be even remotely useful. He sucks at all points in the game. Worse than release cass/karma. btw karma is still bad imo. same way nid is bad. support in a solo lane? lol ok

Vyke

Smash Champion
After playing free week, I feel Karma is pretty good. She's just another sleeper hit like Irelia, etc. Sustained AoE Healing that bursts, Burst shield, speed boost/slow. Sustained Healers are always pretty broke for the most part.

I don't see how you see Nidalee as a bad solo. There's the obvious "Hey there's this guy named Hotshot..." and whatever.

I just think you really need to be outstanding with her to utilize her efficiency.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Had a really stupid ranked game last night.

During our draft picks our bottom two players dcd (they duo q'd together). The game ends up randoming their characters and after 2-3 minutes of the load screen they reconnected.

So our team ended up being Renek, jungle udyr, nasus, random singed (21-0-9 with smite ghost), random poppy. They both had no clue how to play the chars. We were all pissed and this was a dumb mechanic.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I just think you really need to be outstanding with her to utilize her efficiency.
None of you ever let me play Karma :(
I played her with Virg once and did great :S

I'm serious, my Karma is pretty good, not to mention the bugs I exploit with her.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So in the last few games I have played. Anytime I go positive and play well I lose and anytime I play like *** and go negative my team wins.

Weird.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
so... I think I've got irelia down now.

time for a true display of skill.

Here's the steps to winning with irelia:

1. Find an enemy ashe
2. Lane against her
3. heuheuheheuheuehuheue

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
just duo queued a ranked with odincore and safehaven was on our team. lol 3man ranked vent. we stomped kids ^^ ggs
This was pretty incredible. 3-man vent in solo queue wrecked faces.

So the other night I got my funniest Teemo kill ever. They had pushed all the way to our inhib tower on top lane and before I pushed it out, I dropped a shroom down in front of it. We ignored the lane for a little bit, got a kill in mid and went to grab baron. Their TF ults, realizes he can't jump five of us fighting baron and decides to try to backdoor that tower. So he TPs in, lands directly on my shroom and the tower kills him before he can get away.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This was pretty incredible. 3-man vent in solo queue wrecked faces.

So the other night I got my funniest Teemo kill ever. They had pushed all the way to our inhib tower on top lane and before I pushed it out, I dropped a shroom down in front of it. We ignored the lane for a little bit, got a kill in mid and went to grab baron. Their TF ults, realizes he can't jump five of us fighting baron and decides to try to backdoor that tower. So he TPs in, lands directly on my shroom and the tower kills him before he can get away.
Hahaha too good.

So far my favorite teemo kill (aside from the obvious "I'm bot lane, get a kill top lane" crap) was duo with Dekar. We were all pushing mid, taking the inhib. At the same time their shaco was backdooring us. Dekar goes back (as Kennen) to stop him. He does a lot of dmg and the shaco is about to get away. As a last stitch effot he throws his shuriken such that if the shaco gets hit by it he dies, but if he dodges he hits my shroom. You can guess what happened :D

Also, I've managed to get a LOT of early game harass on their junglers, especially at blue and occasionally a kill. It's kinda sad how many junglers don't know when to smite >>

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What are you guys running on Udyr these days? I've been jungling him with in ranked and have been doing ok. I really suck at ganking though, he can't seem to initiate as well as shaco/amumu (due to their gap closers).

I've been following this pretty solid build for tanky udyr thats:

5pots>cloth>madreds>2pots>ward>boots>wriggles>chainmail>negatron cloak> randuins/banshees>frozen mallet

running 0-21-9 and armor pen quints/red dodge yellows flat mr blues that ill probably change to per level at some point.

Does this seem pretty solid? I'm also wondering how I should build dmg if we are already tanky as Udyr.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hahaha too good.

So far my favorite teemo kill (aside from the obvious "I'm bot lane, get a kill top lane" crap) was duo with Dekar. We were all pushing mid, taking the inhib. At the same time their shaco was backdooring us. Dekar goes back (as Kennen) to stop him. He does a lot of dmg and the shaco is about to get away. As a last stitch effot he throws his shuriken such that if the shaco gets hit by it he dies, but if he dodges he hits my shroom. You can guess what happened :D

Also, I've managed to get a LOT of early game harass on their junglers, especially at blue and occasionally a kill. It's kinda sad how many junglers don't know when to smite >>
What's more amazing is that junglers don't pull buffs into brush when a laner is unaccounted for.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Arc, I sent you a PM regarding my build. In general I don't like Armor Pen Reds/Quints because they don't help you early game in the jungle. Attack Speed Reds and Flat Atk Dmg Quints seem optimal, imo and from a lot of experience.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I just tried Karma in a game with your build Mogwai, pretty solid. I didn't get blue buff as much as I wanted because other people would steal it, but it still went pretty well. I also broke my habit of mantra buffing my shield all the time lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@Mogwai - isn't that because Doublelift has that whole 1 character syndrome that plagues many of the top players? In that he is only really proficient with one character (maybe 2 tops) and so they just ban those and he is forced to suck.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
mmmm, sorta. I honestly don't think anyone else has 1-character-syndrome to even close to the same degree as doublelift tbh. Most guys fairly high on the ladder know how to play a pretty wide array of characters.
WRA/redtooth? maybe he wasn't quite that high up but still

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Will Energy runes ever be worth it?

also you guys heard about the Double Dsmash Lee-Sin glitch right?

if you mash E fast enough you can get 2 E-Dsmashes before you get Cripple.

but so far I've played a lot of Lee Sin when I can I haven't went Negative with him but this is what I Kinda learned

-If you hit with the Q1 you don't auto have to use Q2....lol I see a lot of Lee sin's die that way

- MAX W BEFORE E!!! E doesnt scale that well imo. and W giving you boosted life steal makes Lee sin so freaking annoying in team fights even early game... W1 -> W2 -> Wriggles proc on hits is definitely some major lifesteal already and thats probably like 10 minutes into the game...lol,

- Flash Behind -> Ult is sooooo Good...but Kinda risky...its pretty much high risk vs Reward if you do it in a team fight but if you manage to get someone under a turret its probably instant death...lol

-ALWAYS try to get those 2 Hits from his Passive because his Energy cost on his skills are freaking redic....lol

I haven't really found the correct build yet so I've been building him like irelia and its been working out OK...except I DO NOT get Starks on him ever...I rarely get it on Irelia but sometimes I like that attackspeed Life steal boost...Lee Sin doesn't really need it.

cloth pots -> wriggles -> boots -> sheen -> Merc or Zerks -> Triforce -> bloodthirster or BV but Usually Blood thirster.

Ghost Flash
21/5/4 (for that ghost in the utility branch)
thought about soul shroud but not really sure.

Top Bottom