• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
ezreal is underplayed. his pre-6 laning game is hard to deal with if you aren't prepared.

edit: i played brawl for the first time in a while yesterday. i called final smashes "ultimates"

double edit: holy **** my elo is higher than guardsman bob's after his losing streak. i've actually accomplished something lol

MT_

Smash Ace
I played 2 games against Guardsman Bob while a couple friends ghosted his stream.

Lost both of them anyway LOL

And he was jungling Vlad in the first game (though the 2 d/cs and 1 afk on my team didn't exactly help).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
GMB is pretty meh if you ask me. I mean, his Sivir build in premier league vs. TL was boots +3 pots -> 2 d-blades -> zerker's greaves -> madred's razor + vamp scepter -> Bloodthirster -> pickaxe (going for bloodrazor)

O_o

wtf is that ****, we were running 2 armor auras and 4 tank/psuedotanks and you're going bloodrazor over Last Whisper... da****?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Bloodrazor on Sivir makes me die a little inside. I had a friend who would argue with me over who was the better sivir, and then I saw him actually play a game. I was not impressed.

john!

Smash Hero
His stream is awesome though. He's a jolly Englishman who never rages at his teammates, what's not to love?

Literally 5 mintues ago, I just watched one of the most epic baron steals ever on his stream. 3v5, Bob farms mid as Jax, gets a dodge stun ready, then ghosts towards baron (the other team is doing baron after killing their tank), leaps in and stuns 4 of them WHILE STEALING BARON. Twitch opens fire while they are stunned, gets focused, then Garen (Jatt) runs in and scores a penta kill. They push all the way to the nexus. This was on his smurf.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Morello posted that Lee Sin should be getting some love next patch.
He said he has scaling issues, which I agree with. So hopefully I can keep getting the hang of him until patch day and then stomp around with a buffed Lee :cool:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Completely necessary and serious this time: teach me to Cho'Gath guys. While I love Ryze and he is still my go to, I need to know a tank that isn't permabanned at my level. From what I understand, I max Rupture then Scream with 2 points in Spikes til the end - is that right? Also, what are the best items to build on him and in what order - Frozen and Force I'm guessing? Eventually a GA? Also, general gameplay tips would also be appreciated.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I max Rupture then Scream with 2 points in Spikes til the end - is that right?

Absolutely incorrect.

Rupture's damage is the ONLY thing that scales with levels, whereas Feral Scream's silence scales an entire second from level 1 to 5.

Max W, then Q or E either one you like to suit your playstyle more.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Absolutely incorrect.

Rupture's damage is the ONLY thing that scales with levels, whereas Feral Scream's silence scales an entire second from level 1 to 5.

Max W, then Q or E either one you like to suit your playstyle more.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Also, someone suggested getting the Ionian boots on him -is this a good idea or should I go for the more standard Mercs?

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you're building tanky you're not getting focused, but at the same time if you're building tanky, keep in mind that FH already gives an enormous boost to CdR.

@LowELO v CLG discussion- I was telling oddone like a month ago saintvicious was moving on to CLG and taking up their offer, he never believed me lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh god. Reginald is playing Ryze on his stream. On the one hand he's kind of not doing great, but on the other...it's still on a stream to 1000s of players :(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I saw Athene play Ryze earlier today while I was killing time before my shift at work started. It made me kind of facepalm how he built him, rushing Boots of Mobility, with his second item being his Tear at ~level 9 or 10. He could have spent so much of that time he just had Boots of Mobility grinding up his Tear :3

I would love to learn another tank besides Amumu. Once I start ranked I'm basically going to live under the assumption that I should never be lucky enough to get a character that offers so much to a team like Amumu.
Earlier today I won a 4v5 because I was able to secure every dragon, melt their tank in team fights, and keep our Ezreal safe enough to secure kills. I feel like I was doing it all because of Amumu being so crazy good :cool:
What tanks are viable enough to fill their role well but not so insane (like Amumu/Shen) that they would be banned commonly?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I saw Athene play Ryze earlier today while I was killing time before my shift at work started. It made me kind of facepalm how he built him, rushing Boots of Mobility, with his second item being his Tear at ~level 9 or 10. He could have spent so much of that time he just had Boots of Mobility grinding up his Tear :3

I would love to learn another tank besides Amumu. Once I start ranked I'm basically going to live under the assumption that I should never be lucky enough to get a character that offers so much to a team like Amumu.
Earlier today I won a 4v5 because I was able to secure every dragon, melt their tank in team fights, and keep our Ezreal safe enough to secure kills. I feel like I was doing it all because of Amumu being so crazy good :cool:
What tanks are viable enough to fill their role well but not so insane (like Amumu/Shen) that they would be banned commonly?
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. The answers I came up with are Cho'Gath, Singed, and Alistar, though Ali has been more of a support champ as of late.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Vocal, are you in the dark or something? Jiji has been playing Ryze pretty successfully for awhile now. In front of WAY more people. o_O

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Whenever I catch a stream with somebody playing Ryze there is always at least one mention of how dumb of a character he is. "Sure, let me stack armor and magic resist and crap out sustained and burst damage :troll:"

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Been having a lot of fun in ranked, i think im 12-0 with teemo atm :D

You only have seven ranked games with Teemo.

Teemo's a first/pick ban at the moment. Most people still aren't "willing" to ban him yet, but its started, at the very least.
He's the biggest nuisance in the ****ing world, omg.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You only have seven ranked games with Teemo.

Teemo's a first/pick ban at the moment. Most people still aren't "willing" to ban him yet, but its started, at the very least.
He's the biggest nuisance in the ****ing world, omg.
Teemo is annoying to play against because of the amazing map control he provides. Running around and preventing ganks is very helpful.

I have 7 on my main and 9 on my smurf, xd4bagx, atm. Up to 16. I should have lost my last game, their akali had 20 stacks on everything but levi. Idk how we came back T.T

Also got a new record for teemo. lv18 in 25min with wriggles, wits end, and madreds.

Whenever I catch a stream with somebody playing Ryze there is always at least one mention of how dumb of a character he is. "Sure, let me stack armor and magic resist and crap out sustained and burst damage :troll:"
This is how I play teemo for the most part. Every item I build has some defensive quality. wriggles, wits end, phage, bloodrazer, hexdrinker, banshees etc. I run 21 points in def mastery, MR/lv runes and dodge seals.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Making Ryze scale off of Mana was a good idea. Giving him solid base damage on spells? Bad idea.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I asked riot for some rp and they said they would give me some if I drew them a picture of Malphite. So I'm asking you guys for some inspiration.

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
If your still Updating the List

Tag: Kyoshi123
Main : Katarina/Kassiden/Akali/Swain/Kennen/Mord/Jung Eve/Jung Norturne/Jung Udry/Jax/Twitch/Ashe/Lebiz/Karthus/Rammus

Sorry my mainz is long but i can all at a good lvl

MT_

Smash Ace
Queuing with 1700 ELO at 5am = get matched up with Kakasoul (HotShotGG's smurf), BruiseLeet, and other 2100+ ELOs.

Never again.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Completely necessary and serious this time: teach me to Cho'Gath guys. While I love Ryze and he is still my go to, I need to know a tank that isn't permabanned at my level. From what I understand, I max Rupture then Scream with 2 points in Spikes til the end - is that right? Also, what are the best items to build on him and in what order - Frozen and Force I'm guessing? Eventually a GA? Also, general gameplay tips would also be appreciated.
Why the sudden love for Cho? Could it be because of HOTSHOTGG?!?!?!? =D

Meh, don't watch streams very much. Haven't seen him play Ryze, that worries me too though...
If you wanna see Jiji's Ryze go to GeneralWisers youtube and search for Jiji's Ryze.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why the sudden love for Cho? Could it be because of HOTSHOTGG?!?!?!? =D

If you wanna see Jiji's Ryze go to GeneralWisers youtube and search for Jiji's Ryze.
No, it's because the elo I dug myself to when I first start playing ranked with ranged carries (foolish mistake) brought me to a level where Shen, Rammus, and Amumu are perma-banned. (The last ban switches between Malphite and Nocturne.)

Allied

Smash Master
ryze is too good atm

i can't wait until he goes back to being terrible so i can make fun of ryze again T_T

Top Bottom