• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hotshot's broner for Doublelift is so baffling to me. I really don't get why he's on CLG when he looks like dead weight every single game they play :p.

And wtf, no, keep mantra buffing dat shield, es OP #1 always kill never die.
I said ALWAYS lol, sometimes I save it for the Bond or healing. Still spam it a lot tho :p
taric is a tank? 0_o
No.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean, he's meant to be this annoying ******* who walks around healing, stunning, and shattering. Kinda sounds like a tank.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Depending on what you define as a tank, you could have anything from 0 to "beefy" DPS like Xin/Irelia/Nasus/etc as tanks.

But basically, Taric's still an A-Hole.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think you're missing the point.

About him being a ****.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
I think you're missing the point.

About him being a ****.
I agree with DMG. The only criteria I need to call a champ a tank is how much of a ***** they are.

The great the *****, the better the tank.

Case closed. Can resealed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vlad is a pompous self righteous man. Akali is a sloven of a woman. But they are NOT A-holes.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
mmmm, sorta. I honestly don't think anyone else has 1-character-syndrome to even close to the same degree as doublelift tbh. Most guys fairly high on the ladder know how to play a pretty wide array of characters.
I do =(

It plagues my vent relationships lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Udyr Malzahar Teemo

That's 3 characters sir

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Nah DMG, I can only play 1 character at a time. I went back and tried to play Udyr/Malz and did awful... it wasn't even funny. And don't get me started on my ashe or shen... =(

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Still think its really funny that Riot always says they don't want anti-fun in their game constantly citing things like bloodseekers ult.

Yet Vlad can pool, become untargetable and gain life back like every quarter minute or whatever the timing is.

That seems more antifun then anything else.

Don't read this as Vlad qq I hate him but don't think he's like some gdlk character.. i just really hate his pool mechanic.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
vlad can shut down someone in laning. i dont see how else he is useful.

in actual fights, if hemoplague doesnt kill the whole team, you have to just run away and q people from outside the fight and hope theyre dumb enough to attack you. then you pool and..?

maybe this is a terrible idea of vlad but i feel like after mid game, hes pretty useless (unless he has 20 stacks of mejais, and then he will 2 hit you with q. not fun)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well yeah again my point isn't that he's a good hero, my point is I feel his pool ability is more anti-fun then what they tirade against all the time about other heroes in Dota.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Still think its really funny that Riot always says they don't want anti-fun in their game constantly citing things like bloodseekers ult.
THe only unfun thing about Rupture is it gets countered by 135 gold.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
vlad can shut down someone in laning. i dont see how else he is useful.

in actual fights, if hemoplague doesnt kill the whole team, you have to just run away and q people from outside the fight and hope theyre dumb enough to attack you. then you pool and..?

maybe this is a terrible idea of vlad but i feel like after mid game, hes pretty useless (unless he has 20 stacks of mejais, and then he will 2 hit you with q. not fun)
good vlads are mid-lategame gods. he's an AP carry that dishes out high sustained DPS and is pretty much ****ing impossible to kill. He's a very strong character.

and iirc Guinsoo has a post somewhere that says that if he could push a button and completely remove vlad from the game, he would do it without even thinking about it. Riot is pretty disappointed in Vlad's design as far as I can tell and they regret the champ.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Make his pool not slow people. Congrats, it's now a lot less dumb by all means.

The concept of Vlad overall feels like they made him too easy. You give him a Q that's clearly meant to not only be maxed, but at higher ranks used so frequently that you rarely have to make a judgment call about when or if to use it and rather have to wonder WHO to use it on every 4ish seconds. It's designed where there's little downside in repeatedly using it over and over. Mana, Energy, or Health cost champs all have to worry about spamming a move continuously non stop, but Vlad goes even above that. His Ult is pretty herp derp as well. No CC, no utility, just more firepower. His Tides? Something you actually have to think about, but basically more damage.

Regardless of how much damage his Q did, it's terrible for being a move that the only real thought you have to put into it past the first few ranks is "Gee, I wonder who I should hit with this move" with no other ramifications or consequences to ponder about.

Coney

Smash Master
i played a nidalee the other day

***** was healing for 800+ every time and spears would do roughly 700 each time, and the people i was playing with were too dumb to dodge them

our entire team would focus her down, blowing everything we had and she'd just ROFLMAO POUNCE POUNCE over cliffs and **** and always always get away only to come back later after two or three outrageous heals

was probably the most irritating thing i've experienced in this game yet

also what do you guys think of singed? i always feel gay as hell when i just initiate by popping ult and ghost, run in, fling someone, have my entire team kill them while i soak up literally everything and still have like, 75% health and dash all around the teamfight slowing and throwing *****es

it's like, if you don't focus me, i'm going to poison and displace absolutely everyone and if you do focus me i'm just going to eat up all the damage while your team gets demolished by mine

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
About time, They had some discussion on "fixing things" regarding Gangplank no longer being able to deny... but that was several patches ago and they still haven't changed anything.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They could keep the damage as physical, but make an exception where you can't lifesteal off that bonus damage.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's not even just a phenomenal jungling item, it's a phenomenal laning item for a good handful of champs. I love to grab the item on a lot of tanky dps characters even if I'm laning among other champs like Teemo simply because once you have it it's practically impossible to be forced out of lane. You start farming your lane so easily, keeping yourself at full health, and the free wards are just so tasty.

I'm fine with the change. So you got to kill another few minions to get it. Still going to be a fantastic item.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
not with out serious coding they couldn't. that's a big time mechanical exception.
It would NOT take serious coding. At all. It would just take slightly longer than simply switching damage types. Efficiency > all, or as my Programming Profs used to say, "Work smarter, not harder."

All in all I'm pretty impressed with the changes. they managed to do away with a problem while still maintaining viability in the item. Cheers.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it's still crazy good. you're still just paying 150 gold for
8 AD (value ~ 328)
7 Armor (value ~ 117)
6% lifesteal (value ~ 225)
1 ward/3 minutes (value ~ 25 gold/minute)
still absurd efficiency.

and ok, maybe not serious coding, but you're still making an exception to a fundamental mechanic of the game. sure, you just put a conditional statement in there to look for razor or lantern, but that's ugly and counter intuitive both on the backend and to the end user (why do I heal extra off crits but not wriggle's procs?) the solution they're going for is much more elegant and intuitive.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
and ok, maybe not serious coding, but you're still making an exception to a fundamental mechanic of the game. sure, you just put a conditional statement in there to look for razor or lantern, but that's ugly and counter intuitive both on the backend and to the end user (why do I heal extra off crits but not wriggle's procs?) the solution they're going for is much more elegant and intuitive.
I agree with this. The less exceptions the better.

Still doesn't explain why they took so long to fix wards. They really should have used the simple fix of: If you do not have vision of the ward then you cannot do damage to the ward. That instead of what they do currently with making them immune to magic damage =/

I believe malphite's W still kills hidden wards.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean, if they can make physical abilities that do not get lifesteal, I think they could turn the proc into whatever they label that as. If they made it magic damage, couldn't you vamp steal it?

That wouldn't be broken, but if they want the proc off limits to healing from it, they would be changing it accordingly anyways.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Switching it to magic really doesn't hurt the champ anyways. You don't get procs on champions so its not hurting you in team fights. It's still going to one-shot the creeps for you, so its not impacting the speed at which monsters are dying to you. All it does is simply and effectively remove the lifesteal without any additional coding effort. This is a non-issue. I don't know why its being argued.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Just tested it. Malphite's W's passive splash DOES hit wards he cannot see. Where as something like Akali's E does not. Weird.

Top Bottom