• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Had an amazing game to reach 1500 elo. Probably the best ranked I've had. I was solo lane cho. Our team was getting crushed for the first 25 minutes and I was prepared to surrender. The score was 15-3, we were two turrets down, we had lost a dragon, our jungler used no wards while the enemy had several and we had already lost two teamfights.

Then something amazing happenned. The olaf in my team yelled, "NOOBS U ALL SUCK. FOLLOW CHOGATH STOP GOING ON UR OWN". I fancied the idea of commanding a whole team. It was worth a try and I appreciated my team's faith in me when they agreed. I didn't have faith in them :bee:

We absolutely destroyed the enemy. We lost just one teamfight for the rest of the game. I got to call every shot in the match - when to fight, when to back, when to push, when to dragon, when to suicide and, finally, when to baron. It was fun telling people where to go. We had no wards, but I have good map awareness and it was amplified when I get to control the movements of my whole team.

The highlight of the match was forcing a baron fight. I knew the enemy had warded it but told my team to start because the enemy were one man down. I could see their hesitation. They did it anyway. I'd led them all the way to this point after all. The enemy came, we killed them (though it was close). Surrender.

Games like this are soooooo good. :D

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
WHY DO UDYR'S RUNES HAVE TO BE SO SPECIFICCCCCCCCC

I got him 2 days ago and still can't play him because I'm missing two quints and half the reds :/

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Had an amazing game to reach 1500 elo. Probably the best ranked I've had. I was solo lane cho. Our team was getting crushed for the first 25 minutes and I was prepared to surrender. The score was 15-3, we were two turrets down, we had lost a dragon, our jungler used no wards while the enemy had several and we had already lost two teamfights.

Then something amazing happenned. The olaf in my team yelled, "NOOBS U ALL SUCK. FOLLOW CHOGATH STOP GOING ON UR OWN". I fancied the idea of commanding a whole team. It was worth a try and I appreciated my team's faith in me when they agreed. I didn't have faith in them :bee:

We absolutely destroyed the enemy. We lost just one teamfight for the rest of the game. I got to call every shot in the match - when to fight, when to back, when to push, when to dragon, when to suicide and, finally, when to baron. It was fun telling people where to go. We had no wards, but I have good map awareness and it was amplified when I get to control the movements of my whole team.

The highlight of the match was forcing a baron fight. I knew the enemy had warded it but told my team to start because the enemy were one man down. I could see their hesitation. They did it anyway. I'd led them all the way to this point after all. The enemy came, we killed them (though it was close). Surrender.

Games like this are soooooo good. :D
Solo lane tank Cho does amazing things... especially if he's gentlemanly.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
WHY DO UDYR'S RUNES HAVE TO BE SO SPECIFICCCCCCCCC

I got him 2 days ago and still can't play him because I'm missing two quints and half the reds :/
I play him with less than half of zacs runes and i do fine.

You played with my udyr and i did fine haha

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
What runes do you have to work with? I'll help you out. He's pretty flexible (especially if you start Cloth Armor)
I have the atk spd yellows and blues from when I was building a WW page, and I have 1 atk spd quint. As far as other runes, I have armor yellows, m regen yellows and blues, 2 health quints, 2 ms quints, arm and mag pen reds. Think those are all the ones that might be relevant

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I've been shifting my runeset a bit here and there, trying to find an optimal build for first jungle path. In general he really just wants stuff to help him jungle from level 1-7, after that you can do whatever. Runes like Mana Regen and Move Speed don't offer anything for Udyr; he has those built in. I'd also run other options over Magic Resist since that doesn't help you early on.

Reds: Atk Dmg > Atk Spd > Arm Pen
Yellows: Dodge > Armor > Atk Spd > Health
Blues: Atk Spd
Quints: Atk Dmg > Atk Spd > Hp Regen 5 > Health

So in your case run atk spd blues, armor yellows, and 1 atk spd quint + 2 health quints. Not sure what to do with reds, as armor pen / magic pen don't make much of a difference. Maybe they do, I just haven't tested it.

Running Atk Dmg Reds and Quints, AS Blues, Dodge Yellows, I am able to finish jungle with almost full health by starting with a Long Sword and Health pot. 0/21/9 (no points in veteran scars, 1 in harden skin). And if you start on blue side you have a distinct advantage because you can force a small blue golem mob to spawn outside ;)

---

EDIT: Learned something special with Tiger... slightly broken.

Activation: Udyr's attack speed is increased by 15/20/25/30/35% and Udyr's first attack rends his target, dealing an extra 30/80/130/180/230 (+) magic damage over 2 seconds.
What this means is you start the game and pick Tiger stance and use it at fountain, ANYTIME AFTER the next thing you attack with take the 250 dmg. So at blue you would attack it, wait a second, then activate Tiger stance and attack it again for maximum damage. Not sure if anyone else knew about this, but it's pretty mindblowing for me given I play this champ a lot. Note: If you change stances after Tiger and before you hit something, you have a 5 second window to still proc the Tiger effect (latest patch).

This also makes Udyr a beast in Lv1 team fights. 250 dmg without using mana... lololol

Dekar173

Justice Man
What this means is you start the game and pick Tiger stance and use it at fountain, ANYTIME AFTER the next thing you attack with take the 250 dmg. So at blue you would attack it, wait a second, then activate Tiger stance and attack it again for maximum damage. Not sure if anyone else knew about this, but it's pretty mindblowing for me given I play this champ a lot. Note: If you change stances after Tiger and before you hit something, you have a 5 second window to still proc the Tiger effect (latest patch).

This also makes Udyr a beast in Lv1 team fights. 250 dmg without using mana... lololol
If you're laning, this is good.

If you are jungling, this is bad.

Use Q twice (double proc) on the jungle and you get a double buff from your passive. Not huge, but it's still better than the single stack.

Leacero

Smash Lord
How is it bad for the jungle? It's still free damage.

BTW I thought everyone knew that and that it was the reason why people migrated to tiger (though tiger still held that same property in previous patches, except with 300% AD scaling). o_O

Turazrok

Smash Master
LOL I jungled with mag pen before the tiger stance changes. Health quints and 0 blues :X

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
How is it bad for the jungle? It's still free damage.

BTW I thought everyone knew that and that it was the reason why people migrated to tiger (though tiger still held that same property in previous patches, except with 300% AD scaling). o_O
it's bad for the jungle because...

on first stance activation, it doesn't put the spell on CD (no idea why) so you can abuse this to get monkey's agility x2 at golem with only tiger stance.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So what's the actual skill order for Udyr? From the posts so far I've gathered that it's Tiger, Turtle, Tiger, Turtle, but I don't know what to take after that

A build would also be helpful :) Yes I'm a Noobdyr, but I'm nice so help me :D

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
it's bad for the jungle because...

on first stance activation, it doesn't put the spell on CD (no idea why) so you can abuse this to get monkey's agility x2 at golem with only tiger stance.
I haven't been able to replicate this glitch. What he's talking about is not using your stance at fountain, but waiting til you get there. Save the first time use for when you actually fight and you'll be able to do it again. But I can't seem to do this myself >>

EDIT: @ Vocal, for jungle I take QWQE, then max them from left to right (Tiger > Turtle > Bear > Phoenix).

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Thanks for all the Udyr help guys :) One last question: what should I take for summoners? My first instinct is Smite/Ghost but I'm not sure if the Ghost is necessary or not

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I also forgot to ask: what's his actual build? I know pretty much none of it
  1. Long Sword -> Madred's Razor
  2. Boots 1 + Wards
  3. Wriggles + Merc Treads (only if needed, otherwise build during next step)
  4. Zeal > Phage > Sheen > Trif Force
  5. MR or Armor (like GA)
  6. More MR / Armor if needed

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Zolga... I'm pretty sure your sig is too large and breaks the SWF rules about size. Please shrink it down so it stops stretching the page. I'm supposed to mod this room so I gotta say something...

... seriously though, let's talk more about that double quadra last night.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Zolga... I'm pretty sure your sig is too large and breaks the SWF rules about size. Please shrink it down so it stops stretching the page. I'm supposed to mod this room so I gotta say something...

... seriously though, let's talk more about that double quadra last night.
wheres the penta?
step it up
:laugh:

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Oh, ok. I didn't realize the size rules changed. I haven't bothered having a sig since like...last year.

Double Quadra...wat?!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
He got a quadra at one point. We go for baron as we listen to M3D talk about how he's geeking out. Then he gets another quadra before we finish baron >>

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So as Udyr, the second I step into a team fight I get blown up mercilessly. Am I just going in too early? Keep in mind that I've only played him in new champ games so far so it might just be the fault of my team, but I still feel like I'm not doing it right

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
  1. Long Sword -> Madred's Razor
  2. Boots 1 + Wards
  3. Wriggles + Merc Treads (only if needed, otherwise build during next step)
  4. Zeal > Phage > Sheen > Trif Force
  5. MR or Armor (like GA)
  6. More MR / Armor if needed
Long sword and pots? That doesnt kill you at golems or wraiths?

I usually always go with armor. hmmm.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey I've been wondering, is the Azen Zagenite of LoL smashes Azen. I've been wanting to ask swf but I kept forgetting. I looked on LoLforums and they said yes, so I'm wondering if anyone from smashboards could verify.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Long sword and pots? That doesnt kill you at golems or wraiths?

I usually always go with armor. hmmm.
Have someone hit Blue golem and run away. This should let you keep quite a bit of your health. Your teammate should also take very little damage, as he wont actually get hit by the golem.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

jpak

Smash Lord
So GP must be OP? Even if it is FnF, GP is getting first picked in "high elo." High elo does not contain 1700s, high elo is 2000+ and even then you will still have players that aren't that good. There are only a few really good anivia players, pichumy, reap22, and bigfatjiji to name a few.

Anivia needs to be supported by a good team which is also why jiji only really players the bird in tourney/arranged games. For example the most recent CLG match where they first picked anivia against Azen's team.

You reference http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=496850 as to saying how Anivia is easy to play. The OP says to be an "average" Anivia is easy. He's also never played a ranked game. Anivia is not that easy to play, I am ok with her after many many games.

Like one guy mentioned, a large number of players that play a specific champion does not mean it is OP. If that is the case, Ashe is certainly OP, or Warwick, I mean there are 4 warwicks in your 7 games!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a direct correlation between the results of your experiment and your conclusion. You haven't considered a variety of important factors, including but not limited to champion popularity's role in picking bans, and your experimental pool being strictly soloqueue.
QFT, that was the dumbest jump to conclusion I've seen in a long time. Add in that the character is just underplayed for how good she is (see: Malphite before he was a popular flavor).
No offense, John, but you should be more familiar with statistics before you pull that sort of stuff.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
QFT, that was the dumbest jump to conclusion I've seen in a long time. Add in that the character is just underplayed for how good she is (see: Malphite before he was a popular flavor).
No offense, John, but you should be more familiar with statistics before you pull that sort of stuff.
does no one remember the reason why anivia is so underplayed?
wait for the next anivia free week and watch the sheer number of people that straight up suck with her

john!

Smash Hero
So GP must be OP? Even if it is FnF, GP is getting first picked in "high elo." High elo does not contain 1700s, high elo is 2000+ and even then you will still have players that aren't that good. There are only a few really good anivia players, pichumy, reap22, and bigfatjiji to name a few.

Anivia needs to be supported by a good team which is also why jiji only really players the bird in tourney/arranged games. For example the most recent CLG match where they first picked anivia against Azen's team.

You reference http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=496850 as to saying how Anivia is easy to play. The OP says to be an "average" Anivia is easy. He's also never played a ranked game. Anivia is not that easy to play, I am ok with her after many many games.

Like one guy mentioned, a large number of players that play a specific champion does not mean it is OP. If that is the case, Ashe is certainly OP, or Warwick, I mean there are 4 warwicks in your 7 games!
- "high elo" is subjective.
- i noted in my post that gp is not op because the streamer plays gp
- the "supported by a team" case also applies to sivir. she was picked/banned most of the games.

you guys are really going to try and convince me that anivia is simply "underplayed"? why, because she's 6300? so is vlad. so is corki. or is she too hard? no champion in lol requires more than 10 games to be competent with.

you say "op and underplayed", i say "balanced". i think my conclusion is more likely, unless you give me a good reason why she is underplayed. i'm just trying to prevent my longtime best and personal favorite champion from getting the "ezreal treatment" any way i can.

Top Bottom