• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
- "high elo" is subjective.
- i noted in my post that gp is not op because the streamer plays gp
- the "supported by a team" case also applies to sivir. she was picked/banned most of the games.

you guys are really going to try and convince me that anivia is simply "underplayed"? why, because she's 6300? so is vlad. so is corki. or is she too hard? no champion in lol requires more than 10 games to be competent with.

you say "op and underplayed", i say "balanced". i think my conclusion is more likely, unless you give me a good reason why she is underplayed. i'm just trying to prevent my longtime best and personal favorite champion from getting the "ezreal treatment" any way i can.
- so if the streamer played anivia, anivia would not be op either even though she would be in everygame?
- sivir needs support yes but is easier to play than anivia
- being competent with a champion does not mean you can play the champion well and at a high level

jpak

Smash Lord
Mogwai I saw your team on NESL may be we'll play each other :). Why didn't you guys sign up for CEVO?

john!

Smash Hero
jpak i don't really know what your point is, or whether you're trolling, so i'll just say that if someone thinks i made math/statistics errors, then they need to prove that to me instead of just acting like they know what they're talking about.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ban wise, people are banning more valuable threats than her. Shen for example is retardedly flexible. You can solo, jungle, go bot and baby sit, support dragon or ganks regardless of position, save teammates from ganks regardless of position, etc. He and Janna seem to be the main bans overall, with other bans being more "personal" or varied depending on what your team comp might look like. Also seeing a lot of Zilean bans recently, he's been seeing a lot more action after the CDR boots. Makes sense, Zilean with Max CDR is so strong.

jpak

Smash Lord
Hello everyone.

I'm just on here today to inform you all that NESL is opening a LoL division with a prize pool as high as $35,000 dollars for 2011. You might even make a name for yourself in the process. I really suggest you guys head to this link and grab your buddies, form a team, and sign up ASAP.
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/gettingstarted.

NESL has put together the chance for 8 of the top qualifying teams (and possibly more in the future) to play against some of the top LoL teams by region in the EU for a chance to win up as much as 5000 Euros. Qualifiers for this are beginning soon so sign up quick. And not only is that not the only event, there are others running to win up to $100 a week. What it comes down to is: You could easily make a sizeable bit of cash on LoL and settle some of that US vs EU rivalry that's been brewing as of late.

The exact date of the events can be seen here:
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/lol/news/148300
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/news/148315

Sign up quick as there's a scrim night coming up for the Wednesday, February 9th to get better seeding in the qualifier brackets. It is open to anyone so you can take your shots at all those high ELO jerks you guys in ELO hell are always talking about.

The prize money of just the first event is about $7000 and that's just the first to come, there will be more in the future.

Thomas "SYDTKO" Oh
Smashers should make a team, it is free to sign up :)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I have the worst luck queuing for normals. At least 2/3 games I queue for there are at least two roles missing, and I obviously can't fill both. I click on WW or Udyr? People instalock Irelia, Yi, and Olaf. I choose Karma? Hello Lux, Janna, and Malzahar. It's frustrating because I want to practice in normals to get better but I hardly get the chance because so many comps are plain terrible. ARGH

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm having good luck in solo queue, but I'm also duo'ing with my buddy who used to be 1800 and we're facerolling people :D

Taking my Urgot to 2k baby.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So I finally got to play Udyr in a normal game and I love it :D His ganks are so incredibly strong I was even shocked myself at how effective they are. Good IP purchase indeed

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
If someone wants to organize an SWF team, you can count me in.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fyi, my powercord broke, so I won't be on LoL for a couple days-- or at least until my new one gets here.

A tourney sounds like fun. Getting wrecked is a good learning experience.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"I'm GOING innnn"

*triple kill with a single Tiger Stance*

*Zac comes out unscratched*

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
OMG KENNEN IS SO FUN!

but everytime I pick up a new champion I suck with my other champs...lol

I find it hilarious when

1. I do all the damage to a turret and then a Minion gets the last hit and hes little troll face shows up saying he destroyed a turret.

2. When people get killed by minions. (unless its super minion but even then...)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I too am already on a team.

also, 1800 is elo hell in solo queue. every ****ing game is a bad game filled with trolls. at least <1300 games are occasionally good games and sometimes you can win with a feeder, but 1800 games are so ****ing stupid.

Mogwai I saw your team on NESL may be we'll play each other :). Why didn't you guys sign up for CEVO?
what is CEVO? it's impossible to find LoL tournies because the game is so ****ing terrible at promoting itself as a competitive game.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I created a team on the NESL site. It's called "Smash World Feeders" abbreviated "SWF." Haha. We can chat on vent tonight about putting together the team and practicing and whatnot.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I dunno Kevin... I don't think you can be trusted not to ditch us to go play DotA if Iggy logs on.

jpak

Smash Lord
The LoL tournaments are not a one day thing, they are ongoing. For example, CEVO has a match each week and goes to week 8 for regular season, and then playoffs after. So two teams might be a good idea.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Please don't tell me one guy has been working on this for a couple weeks or something.

Anyways, about the whole replay problem having to do with patching every 2 weeks, why is that an issue? Or does anyone know what I'm talking about? I never understood it.

For now, I'm thinking of it like I do Brawl and its replays... you can't look at the replays from regular brawl while playing a hacked version of it. And that's because the game only saves the data, and not literally the replay itself. However, there's a way around that issue. Riot could make a program that records each saved replay- not just save the data for it. Right? Or is that really hard to do, and is what's taking so long. X_x I dunno, really.

----

ALSO, is it just me or is Wriggles, Boots, Triforce good on nearly every AD melee champ? lol

The other day I saw a strictly yi playing 2k elo player in a stream using that as his core build. Reginald has tried it on Ezreal recently. It's already known to be good on Irelia, Udyr, and Eve. And it seems to be getting more popular on Shaco, Ezreal, maybe even Urgot?

Top Bottom