• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
The buff to neutrla creeps should make all junglers slower except may be nunu. Nunu can finish SR jungle by3:20 :|. Riot trying to make jungling not a necessity :). When creeps had negative magic resist it actually amplified the damage from magic spells so that greatly increases the speed of the jungle and how much health the jungler loses

Patch notes are pretty similar to the leaked ones except the tryn buff dekar ;)

Frolossus

Smash Lord
It'll definitely slow him down. Don't think it'll ruin it, per se. However, I think it'll mean you'll have to plant all your jibs on each buff in the beginning instead of 3 on the buff and 2 on wolves/double golem. Dunno.

Then again, I think he's a pretty garbage champion anyways. Way too many ways to counterpick him.
shaco is still really good unless the other team has teemo >.<

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
shaco is one of the scariest champions in the game in good hands. There isn't a single player/champion combination I'd like to jungle against less than Regi's Shaco, that **** is so mean.

Hope you have some other champs to play Mogwai.
nope, I have no other champions. I got to 1767 by only playing pantheon and now am hopelessly awaiting the day when he's not banned so that I can play ranked once more

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
shaco is one of the scariest champions in the game in good hands. There isn't a single player/champion combination I'd like to jungle against less than Regi's Shaco, that **** is so mean.

nope, I have no other champions. I got to 1767 by only playing pantheon and now am hopelessly awaiting the day when he's not banned so that I can play ranked once more
Shaya also has a pretty scary Shaco, from what I've seen anyways. That was an SWF inhouse, but still

Dekar173

Justice Man
Shaco is amazing, this is largely due to his blink/invis ability, traps, slow, blind, and ult that can avoid attacks as well as almost doubles his DPS.

Oh wait, all of his skills are good, and it's silly of you to think he's easily counterpicked lol.

@Jpak- ya I'm glad the healing buff didn't go through, the 10% crit chance at full health on his passive is big enough, he didn't need to have buffed healing at level 1 lol.

Can't wait to play post-buff Nasus. Oh my yes. I feel you can build pure CdR/tank with this change and have the exact same damage output as before the buff with a dps build o.o

jpak

Smash Lord
I've seen tiamat nasus work somehow :\. Also most champs get nerfed form their spotlight as the spotlight footage is early in development, they don't want another xin zhao :|

Oh and play passive early, some AOE(annie/anivia), and have a high hp jungler (nunu) and you'll be fine against shaco, at least for SR.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's more irritating to play against Metaknight when the developers of Metaknight aren't actually trying to make a character that's better than all others, if it can be avoided why not?

In other news, Udyr is broken, period. No nerf this patch? Oh my lord I've gotta keep banning him in ranked --a

UGH.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure what the point is in telling me Shaco is good without any reasoning besides "you're wrong," as if you're right because your ranked soloqueue rating is higher than mine atm. :/

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
So I mad the most Troll Annie the other day.

Pretty much went for max attack damage+ speed...not nearly as effective as a regular annie build but surprisingly i was still putting in work...lol

also does tibbers damage scale on his attack?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm not sure what the point is in telling me Shaco is good without any reasoning besides "you're wrong," as if you're right because your ranked soloqueue rating is higher than mine atm. :/
He gave reasons... I'm confused why you're taking offense.

Let's start over... you're claiming Shaco is bad and easily counterpicked, why don't you give us some examples of good Shaco counterpicks and how they neutralize him so that we have something to refute to help you understand where we, the "Shaco is quite good" camp, are coming from?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
shaco is still the best ganker and one of the best counter junglers, he can still solo baron and bd towers fine lategame

just duo with me and watch

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
He gave reasons... I'm confused why you're taking offense.

Let's start over... you're claiming Shaco is bad and easily counterpicked, why don't you give us some examples of good Shaco counterpicks and how they neutralize him so that we have something to refute to help you understand where we, the "Shaco is quite good" camp, are coming from?
I take offense to everything. I'm pretty emo like that. :[

Anyways, I was just stating my opinion of Shaco as a side note. I didn't actually plan on backing it up, considering the popularity of logical fallacies in this thread. But I'm willing to go into detail about it in vent or in private messages if a levelheaded person here is genuinely curious or something.

Not happening in this thread though.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Morello posted on page 1 of my last "Let's Talk" thread too I think. He likes my posts I guess. I'll keep making them.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
the servers need to unbusy themselves, I have crocs to that need to be played

EDIT: free weeks aren't actually bad for ranked, since the other team is more likely to pick that champ (5/9 chance) than your team is. Also, every week has a newb champ that no one wants on your team, so you'll never play ranked if you avoid it based on free champ week

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
the servers need to unbusy themselves, I have crocs to that need to be played
He looks good when played well, from what I've seen. He can murder a squishy in a team fight like it's nothing, and has absolutely no problems getting there (aside from cc and whatnot). Looks like they released a good one this time, I'm considering buying

Dekar173

Justice Man
@DangR-

Q- Shaco has a flash for escaping, which at the same time is an invis for initiating on squishies (also FORCING opponents to buy oracles or get stomped). This skill ALSO auto-crits out of invis, which depending on builds, can half health squishies mid-late game (Bloodthirster/Occult will still be great for that burst damage, depending on your teamcomp).

W- Shaco's W allows for him not only to gain an enormous advantage in the jungle through speed, but also allows him to wall off any possible entrances his opponents may have through the use of a fear/high DPS trap that gives vision, and lasts a decent amount of time.

E- DOES NOT BLIND, has range for last hitting when he's low and a solo needs lane relief, slows for ganking, and has decent amounts of damage (as well as scaling well for AP Shaco).

R- ever seen a Shaco with Bloodrazor? Ya, your tank just got eaten up as if that Shaco were a Kogmaw, missed his skillshot due to the R's flash-like CC/damage mitigation (ONLY IF TIMED CORRECTLY) and in the half second you took to figure out which Shaco was which, you took a hit from the fake and the real Shaco.

His builds/playstyles are amazing, he has a free escape, he has ENORMOUS DPS, and he's a ****ing murderous clown. Come on.

Squishy? Sure. Does that matter? Ask Reginald, he's the SOLE reason people bother banning Shaco in top level ranked games.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
@DangR-

Q- Shaco has a flash for escaping, which at the same time is an invis for initiating on squishies (also FORCING opponents to buy oracles or get stomped). This skill ALSO auto-crits out of invis, which depending on builds, can half health squishies mid-late game.

W- Shaco's W allows for him not only to gain an enormous advantage in the jungle through speed, but also allows him to wall off any possible entrances his opponents may have through the use of a fear/high DPS trap that gives vision, and lasts a decent amount of time.

E- Blinds, has range for last hitting when he's low and a solo needs lane relief, slows for ganking, and has decent amounts of damage (as well as scaling well for AP Shaco).

R- ever seen a Shaco with Bloodrazor? Ya, your tank just got eaten up as if that Shaco were a Kogmaw, missed his skillshot due to the R's flash-like CC/damage mitigation (ONLY IF TIMED CORRECTLY) and in the half second you took to figure out which Shaco was which, you took a hit from the fake and the real Shaco.

Squishy? Sure. Does that matter? Ask Reginald, he's the SOLE reason people bother banning Shaco in top level ranked games.
Q does not give a true crit anymore so no inf edge
E does not blind anymore either

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I've been waiting and praying for Shaco nerfs forever, where did it mention the no "true" crit any more? I've obviously missed E not blinding though.

You're bad at every game you play :D
it is not a true crit because it will not apply crit runes or inf edge passive
its been like that since shaco got nerfed slightly after season 1

Top Bottom