• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
  • Monster camps will now properly updated when scouted with vision
  • Fixed a bug where Ardor and Zhonya's Ring/Rabadon's Deathcap were double multiplicative (LOL)
  • Wards no longer grant experience on death (LOL)
  • Zilean Chronoshift duration reduced to 10 seconds from 13
  • Tryndamere Undying Rage duration reduced to 5 seconds from 6
  • Kennen Mark of the Storm duration reduced to 8 seconds from 12
  • Siphoning Strike damage bonus per kill increased to 3 from 2
  • Cho'Gath Feast now loses half stacks (rounded up) instead of 3 stacks on death
  • Commando Galio & Lumberjack Sion skins

All of this and no nerf to Udyr.

jpak

Smash Lord
well the negative resist removal is a nerf to almost all junglers since that affects madred's . and he negatie magic resist removal means a buff for the double golems, golem, and lizard. rammus and shaco may have a hard time jungling, rammus will definitely be slower.

but ya udyr needs a nerf aka nerf nintendudex!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Lol if those patch notes are real then there are a couple problems with it. I think most notably would be the lack of a nerf to Rammus where he needs it, which is his jungle/gank capability. Rammus is one of the best gankers in addition to the utility he brings by being a seriously good tank. Don't think people will stop banning him if thats the only nerf he gets.

jpak

Smash Lord
the increase in MR of the monster will nerf his jungle. he will have low hp and may have to go back to base once or twice before finishing the jungle. since he uses his W/Q to deal a large portion of the damage to the jungle, and they nerfed his taunt which was a problem since with CDR he could taunt twice in a fight. but ya probably still banworthy

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Udyr needs a small nerf, but people aren't QQ'ing about him much yet so he's probably a little under the radar at the moment.

Even with the Aegis nerf, Pantheon is still going to do way too much damage to squishies. HSS needs to get nerfed down to being a farming tool, rather than something that shreds champs. You can't engage him at half health or below unless you are some kind of bulky champ. He and Rammus are still auto-bans as far as I'm concerned. Hope you have some other champs to play Mogwai.

In other news: I'm not playing this game anymore without a full team. It's just not worth it to play with randoms. It's always a crap shoot. Today I played a game as Annie where I forced our team to go do a level 1 team fight because I knew we had a better comp for it, even though they kept saying it was a bad idea. We got first blood and then stole their blue (I got) but I was at half health and used both my summoners. I still managed to hold mid against an aggressive MF until level 5. Meanwhile top lane was Karthus and Xin (no jungler) vs a Malz and somehow they didn't abuse their range and CC and they LOST the lane to him. Bot lane was getting wrecked SOMEHOW by Taric/Soraka and when I came to help with stun-bear, their jungler showed up and kept us from getting the kill and then MF came and took middle tower. Then they yelled at me for "losing my lane." I finished 2-2-8 when everyone else was supernegative. Every game today was like this. It was awful.

This game just isn't fun without a full team. It's just an exercise in frustration. I'm not so amazing that I can carry a team on my back and I don't always want to tryhard as Shen or a jungler. But if I do anything but that or run with a full team, its a waste of time. No thanks. DotA 2 can't come fast enough.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Udyr needs a small nerf, but people aren't QQ'ing about him much yet so he's probably a little under the radar at the moment.

Even with the Aegis nerf, Pantheon is still going to do way too much damage to squishies. HSS needs to get nerfed down to being a farming tool, rather than something that shreds champs. You can't engage him at half health or below unless you are some kind of bulky champ. He and Rammus are still auto-bans as far as I'm concerned. Hope you have some other champs to play Mogwai.

In other news: I'm not playing this game anymore without a full team. It's just not worth it to play with randoms. It's always a crap shoot. Today I played a game as Annie where I forced our team to go do a level 1 team fight because I knew we had a better comp for it, even though they kept saying it was a bad idea. We got first blood and then stole their blue (I got) but I was at half health and used both my summoners. I still managed to hold mid against an aggressive MF until level 5. Meanwhile top lane was Karthus and Xin (no jungler) vs a Malz and somehow they didn't abuse their range and CC and they LOST the lane to him. Bot lane was getting wrecked SOMEHOW by Taric/Soraka and when I came to help with stun-bear, their jungler showed up and kept us from getting the kill and then MF came and took middle tower. Then they yelled at me for "losing my lane." I finished 2-2-8 when everyone else was supernegative. Every game today was like this. It was awful.

This game just isn't fun without a full team. It's just an exercise in frustration. I'm not so amazing that I can carry a team on my back and I don't always want to tryhard as Shen or a jungler. But if I do anything but that or run with a full team, its a waste of time. No thanks. DotA 2 can't come fast enough.
or you could play shaco?

Turazrok

Smash Master
So rusty.

When I get my lappy back I need people to queue with that aren't evan and vocal.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
DotA 2 can't come fast enough.
I'm not seeing the jump here; how does Dota2 not have baddies when solo queuing?

Edit: I really, really want to play Irelia (have for about a month) but just can't get to 6300 IP quick enough :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Spotlight out. Ya know, this looks like the first champ in awhile that seems like fun to me. If I enjoy him, then I hope he's not too good so I don't get competition while trying to play him.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Spotlight out. Ya know, this looks like the first champ in awhile that seems like fun to me. If I enjoy him, then I hope he's not too good so I don't get competition while trying to play him.
Didn't we say this about Trundle? I don't remember, it's been a while. I still have been meaning to play trundle.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Trundle is amazing.

Renek looks amazing and I'm gonna have to make him jungle somehow :X

Shouldn't be too hard.

jpak

Smash Lord
trunde isnt as bad as everyone thinks he is.
the champion spotlight is prenerf renekton btw

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I like Renekton's skillset, not his damage output. The in-out short flash is especially up my alley in terms of playstyle that I enjoy (I main[ed?] Gragas after all). And I personally never showed any interest in Trundle whatsoever, since he seemed boring and one dimensional to me :X

Btw, I just hard carried ANOTHER game in a row with side lane GP after both my solo lanes (a TF and Teemo :/) fed like mofos. Its just funny when I defend 2 turrets at the same time and delay the game long enough for me to get stacked.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
brief thoughts from the weekend:

1. I don't think Irelia is OP but she's a lot more powerful than I was originally giving her credit for.

2. TT is fun as ****. I have a lot to learn still but atm I'm madly in love with Kass on the map and just in general find myself enjoying the play on the map a lot.

3. Drinking and LoL is still really fun but it can suck if you run into a team that's better than you and your drunk friends twice in a row.

4. Giving up FB as Pantheon to a TF roughly 500 elo beneath you is pretty embarassing, but if he taunts you with a "LOLUBAD" you can just tell your trollharding Shaco friend to come by mid any time TF shows his face and kill him 8 times by the 7 minute mark, after every kill typing "LOLUBAD," and still have a great time.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
When will people figure out squishy characters don't work on Treeline?

Today, I lost an 18/7/11 on Treeline because some random chose TF and went super squish CDR build and went to Destiny on the entire enemy team on several occasions. And couldn't stop a backdooring AP Yi with the help of Warwick.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
re: Trundle

He is a legit jungler that has just been overshadowed by the competition. However, with the nerfs to magic-based junglers in the incoming patch (my poor Nunu :( ) he's going to start to shine. If Udyr is as good as everyone here seems to think, he's going to end up banned/picked a lot, so that really just leaves Olaf as his main competition as an AD jungler.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So rusty.

When I get my lappy back I need people to queue with that aren't evan and vocal.
Why not us ;_; We're so unstoppable when we're on the same team; I'd say we have at least an 85% win percentage in normals. I just started ranked today (3W, 2L, lost due to feeders but won my first two so it's all good) so that's the next trail to blaze :cool:
Sivir and anivia are right there too.
Sivir is amazingly good; it makes me sad I only picked her up about 5 days ago. I'm hoping she still ***** face after the nerf tomorrow, albeit somewhat more slowly
Is that really their only nerf for Rabadon's? 100 gold more expensive?

Really?
People had been complaining about mages not scaling into late game for a long time, so I'm guessing that the Deathcap is working as Riot intended. Mages are supposed to have heavy nuke power combined with relative squishiness, and with Deathcap they keep both of those attributes.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Well, time to work on pick up Nasus again. Remember those games I did in duo Fro. That was rust. I wanna be decent with him again. Of course I'll try Renekton too. I wanna see how his jungling is.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dang... they nerfed Xin's utility by a little bit. Sad day :( 50 damage off the base of his percent-of-health-based ultimate should be a nonfactor, really.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Jungle Nunu is probably one of the worst things to play against ever. I mean, I have to tower hug the entire time in lane if he's just camping me. -____________- Terrible.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
will the magic resist increase to neutrals ruin shacos ability to jungle?
It'll definitely slow him down. Don't think it'll ruin it, per se. However, I think it'll mean you'll have to plant all your jibs on each buff in the beginning instead of 3 on the buff and 2 on wolves/double golem. Dunno.

Then again, I think he's a pretty garbage champion anyways. Way too many ways to counterpick him.

Top Bottom